|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do the next morning?
(a) Goes home.
(b) Looks for the gateway on his map.
(c) Sneaks into the valley.
(d) Books a flight to Peru.
2. About what does Wil say he is meant to learn?
(a) The way through the void.
(b) The nature of love.
(c) The nature of existence.
(d) The way around time.
3. What may keep some people from understanding the insight for which Wil and the narrator are searching?
(c) Lack of desire.
4. What do Joel and the narrator hear as they see a pair of gray jeeps traveling through the valley?
(a) A bulldozer revving up to mow down a stand of trees.
(b) A lumberjack with a huge chainsaw.
(c) A pair of gray jays squawking.
(d) A dissonant sound.
5. How can the narrator alter his experience of pain?
(a) By humming a mantra.
(b) By altering both his thought processes and his energy.
(c) By taking aspirin.
(d) By continuing to walk on his ankle to keep up the blood flow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the dreaming person?
2. What surrounds the dreaming person?
3. What does the narrator figure the sketch is?
4. Why does Williams deliberately ignore the pleas of a white woman and large white man to negotiate for peace in a past life?
5. What is about to collapse according to Joel?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)