|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maya leave to go to town?
(a) To get a shot of morphine for the narrator.
(b) To request a helicopter evacuation.
(c) To get some equipment to heal the narrator's ankle.
(d) To get an EMT to come look at the narrator's ankle.
2. Who is Maya Ponder?
(a) A member of the relocation committee.
(b) An angel.
(c) A tall, black woman who claims to be a physician.
(d) Charlene's friend.
3. What is described in the Bible's Book of Revelation that, according to Joel, some people believe is happening?
(a) The judgment of the Human Race.
(b) The judgment of the tribes of Israel.
(c) The establishment of a new social order.
(d) The end times.
4. With whom does Joel Lipscomb have an encounter?
(a) Probably Charlene.
(c) Probably Long Eagle.
(d) Lost Two Horse.
5. Who ignored Charlene in a previous life?
(a) The men around her.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Webber?
2. To what does the narrator suggest the jeeps are connected?
3. Why does the narrator hide behind some rocks?
4. What does Wil think intuition is?
5. Where does Webber see Charlene taken?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)