|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Webber tell the narrator to do?
(a) Come with him.
(c) Go to the waterfall.
(d) Get out of the park.
2. What does Maya discuss with the narrator?
(a) The way through the last gateway.
(b) Charlene's reasons for leaving Peru.
(c) Different ways of perceiving pain.
(d) The way to Shambala.
3. Why does the narrator hide behind some rocks?
(a) He hears another jeep.
(b) He sees what appears to be a rabid wolf.
(c) He hears two men arguing about who to shoot.
(d) He sees a ranger with a shotgun.
4. From where does Webber know Charlene?
(a) They attended the same church.
(b) From high school.
(c) They worked at the same electronic firm.
(d) He met her at a seminar.
5. What does Joel think abounds in the world?
(b) Social/legal/political corruption and self interest.
(c) Self sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator pretend in order to finish his work in a previous life?
2. Who was Charlene in the life of the Native American war?
3. Why does Maya leave to go to town?
4. What was the narrator's ultimate end in the previous life he envisioned?
5. As Webber and Maya are dealing with each other what do the three of them see?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)