|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joel Lipscomb?
(a) A man the narrator encounters.
(b) A man who is wandering in circles.
(c) Another one of the group of seven.
(d) Someone the narrator has not seen in twenty years.
2. With whom does Joel Lipscomb have an encounter?
(a) Lost Two Horse.
(c) Probably Charlene.
(d) Probably Long Eagle.
3. What does Wil confirm about Williams to the narrator?
(a) He was probably present during the narrator and Webber's conversation.
(b) He is hanging around to sabotage their efforts.
(c) He is not the white blurr.
(d) He is not dead.
4. What type of job did the narrator have the first time he met Maya and Webber?
(a) A muscian.
(b) A trapper.
(c) A pony express rider.
(d) A calvary officer.
5. What do Joel and the narrator hear as they see a pair of gray jeeps traveling through the valley?
(a) A pair of gray jays squawking.
(b) A dissonant sound.
(c) A lumberjack with a huge chainsaw.
(d) A bulldozer revving up to mow down a stand of trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Charlene in the life of the Native American war?
2. Why does Lipscomb leave?
3. What does Webber say is the reason the four of them feel a surge of dissonance that is more harmonious than the others?
4. What does Charlene say is the reason she is in the valley?
5. How can the narrator alter his experience of pain?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)