|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Charlene, the narrator, Maya and Webber do in the cave?
(a) Discuss their situation.
(b) Eat some more dinner.
(c) Plan how to kidnap Feyman.
(d) Go to sleep.
2. Who is Maya Ponder?
(a) A member of the relocation committee.
(b) A tall, black woman who claims to be a physician.
(c) Charlene's friend.
(d) An angel.
3. What does Webber say is the reason the four of them feel a surge of dissonance that is more harmonious than the others?
(a) The Experiment is almost complete.
(b) The Experiment has shut down.
(c) They have become used to the dissonance.
(d) The machinery is working better.
4. Why does the narrator hide behind some rocks?
(a) He hears two men arguing about who to shoot.
(b) He sees a ranger with a shotgun.
(c) He hears another jeep.
(d) He sees what appears to be a rabid wolf.
5. Who is without Forest Service identification?
(a) The two gray jeeps.
(b) The man driving the bulldozer.
(c) The lumberjack.
(d) The man dressed as a ranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can the narrator alter his experience of pain?
2. Where does Webber see Charlene taken?
3. What is described in the Bible's Book of Revelation that, according to Joel, some people believe is happening?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 8, what does Webber tell the narrator to do?
5. What does the narrator consider telling Maya?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)