1. Where is the narrator standing?
(a) On the edge of a wide, deep Appalachian valley.
(b) On the edge of a wide, deep Sierra Nevada valley
(c) On the edge of a wide, deep Himalayan valley
(d) On the edge of a wide, deep valley near Mount Fuji.
2. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) His divorce.
(b) The death of his grandmother.
(c) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
(d) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
3. Where is the mysterious sketch left?
(a) On his ex-wife's desk.
(b) On his doctor's desk.
(c) On his grandmother's desk.
(d) On Charlene's desk.
4. What does the narrator figure the sketch is?
(a) A map.
(b) An attempt to throw him off his path.
(c) A coded message.
(d) A hologram.
5. Where does the narrator travel?
(a) To the location of the map.
(b) To India to seek enlightenment.
(c) To Nepal.
(d) To the Gobi desert.
This section contains 5,239 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)