1. Where is the narrator standing?
(a) On the edge of a wide, deep Appalachian valley.
(b) On the edge of a wide, deep Sierra Nevada valley
(c) On the edge of a wide, deep Himalayan valley
(d) On the edge of a wide, deep valley near Mount Fuji.
2. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
(b) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
(c) The death of his grandmother.
(d) His divorce.
3. Where is the mysterious sketch left?
(a) On Charlene's desk.
(b) On his grandmother's desk.
(c) On his doctor's desk.
(d) On his ex-wife's desk.
4. What does the narrator figure the sketch is?
(a) An attempt to throw him off his path.
(b) A map.
(c) A hologram.
(d) A coded message.
5. Where does the narrator travel?
(a) To the Gobi desert.
(b) To India to seek enlightenment.
(c) To Nepal.
(d) To the location of the map.
This section contains 5,239 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)