1. Where is the narrator standing?
(a) On the edge of a wide, deep valley near Mount Fuji.
(b) On the edge of a wide, deep Himalayan valley
(c) On the edge of a wide, deep Sierra Nevada valley
(d) On the edge of a wide, deep Appalachian valley.
2. What is one circumstance that brought the narrator to where he is standing at the opening of the book?
(a) His divorce.
(b) The mysterious illness that is plaguing him.
(c) The death of his grandmother.
(d) The mysterious disappearance of Charlene.
3. Where is the mysterious sketch left?
(a) On his ex-wife's desk.
(b) On Charlene's desk.
(c) On his grandmother's desk.
(d) On his doctor's desk.
4. What does the narrator figure the sketch is?
(a) A hologram.
(b) A map.
(c) A coded message.
(d) An attempt to throw him off his path.
5. Where does the narrator travel?
(a) To Nepal.
(b) To the Gobi desert.
(c) To India to seek enlightenment.
(d) To the location of the map.
This section contains 5,239 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)