|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon refuse to do when Helen asks him about his lying in "Chapter 30"?
2. Why does Mr. Markham only know a few things about Helen in Chapter 46?
3. Where does Helen's diary end?
4. In Chapter 33, who tries to tell Helen that her husband is being inappropriate?
5. How does Helen learn about her husband stopping drinking in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Lawrence do to answer Mr. Markham's questions?
2. In Chapter 48, what does Helen write in a letter?
3. How does Helen finally escape Mr. Huntingdon?
4. In Chapter 34, what happens when Helen confronts Lady Lowborough?
5. According to Helen's letters, what happens to Mr. Huntingdon in Chapter 49?
6. In Chapter 51, how does Eliza mislead Mr. Markham?
7. In Chapter 39, how does Helen make plans to leave her husband?
8. In Chapter 33, what does Helen overhear?
9. In Chapter 31, what does Helen notice about Lord Lowborough?
10. In Chapter 47, what does Eliza announce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of morals and morality in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the theme of discontent in "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall."
Essay Topic 3
Write a character analysis of Mr. Huntingdon. Consider his role in developing the plot, the other characters and the theme. What is Mr. Huntingdon's purpose in this novel?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)