|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 50, how long does Mr. Markham say he must wait before speaking to Helen?
2. Who tells Helen about Mr. Huntingdon and Lady Lowborough's relationship?
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon fear in Chapter 48?
4. What does Helen admit to doing in Chapter 30?
5. In Chapter 43, what does Helen say she worries about most in regards to her son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is childhood defined in this novel? What role do children play?
Essay Topic 2
How does social class affect the characters in this novel? What message is delivered about social classes?
Essay Topic 3
What difficulties are faced by women in this novel? What causes these difficulties? What commentary does the author provide on being a woman?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)