|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 50, how long does Mr. Markham say he must wait before speaking to Helen?
2. Where does Helen want to go with her son in Chapter 39?
3. When does Mr. Lawrence plan on visiting the Wilsons in Chapter 46?
4. What does Helen have Mr. Huntingdon do before seeing his son in Chapter 47?
5. In Chapter 42, what makes Helen believe she can stay in her marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
2. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Lawrence do to answer Mr. Markham's questions?
3. How does Mr. Hargrave try to win Helen's affections?
4. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon hires a governess?
5. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon accuses Helen of having an affair with Mr. Hargrave?
6. In Chapter 51, how does Eliza mislead Mr. Markham?
7. How does Helen finally escape Mr. Huntingdon?
8. In Chapter 47, what does Eliza announce?
9. What does Mr. Markham finally say to Helen after her husband's death?
10. In Chapter 31, what does Helen notice about Lord Lowborough?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Mr. Hargrave a protagonist or an antagonist? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least two men in this novel. What message is delivered about being a man in this society?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the theme of discontent in "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall."
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)