|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Helen first arrives at Wildfell Hall, what does she note there isn't a lot of?
2. In Chapter 39, why does Helen begin to paint again?
3. Why does Mr. Hattersley try to hit Mr. Hargrave?
4. Where does Helen want to go with her son in Chapter 39?
5. In Chapter 39, what worries Helen about her son?
Essay Topic 1
What difficulties are faced by women in this novel? What causes these difficulties? What commentary does the author provide on being a woman?
Essay Topic 2
What role does religion play in this novel? How is religion a theme?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of infidelity in this novel?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)