|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frederick say about Helen staying at Wildfell Hall in Chapter 41?
2. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
3. In Chapter 50, why does Helen spend most of her time at Staningley?
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen in Chapter 36?
5. In Chapter 48, how does Helen describe her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of morals and morality in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use foreshadowing in this novel? How is it effective? How is it ineffective?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the theme of discontent in "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall."
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)