|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen return to Mr. Huntingdon?
2. In Chapter 52, why does Mr. Markham visit Staningley?
3. Why does Mr. Markham want to tell his family the truth about Helen?
4. How does Mr. Walter Hargrave try to win over Helen?
5. When Lord Lowborough finds out about his wife's affair, what does his friend suggest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is childhood defined in this novel? What role do children play?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least two men in this novel. What message is delivered about being a man in this society?
Essay Topic 3
What role does religion play in this novel? How is religion a theme?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)