|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, how does Mr. Hattersley upset his wife?
2. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Huntingdon demand of Helen?
3. In Chapter 52, why does Mr. Markham visit Staningley?
4. In Chapter 43, what does Helen say she worries about most in regards to her son?
5. In Chapter 43, who does Mr. Huntingdon hire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Hargrave react when he learns of Helen's plans to leave her husband?
2. How does Helen get her son to stop drinking alcohol?
3. In Chapter 31, what bothers Helen about Lady Lowborough when she visits to hunt?
4. How does Helen finally escape Mr. Huntingdon?
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen?
6. How does Helen explain her return to Mr. Huntingdon?
7. Why doesn't Mr. Markham want Mr. Lawrence to go to the Wilsons?
8. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
9. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon accuses Helen of having an affair with Mr. Hargrave?
10. In Chapter 47, what does Eliza announce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does social class affect the characters in this novel? What message is delivered about social classes?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the theme of discontent in "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall."
Essay Topic 3
How is childhood defined in this novel? What role do children play?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)