|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lord Lowborough act when he finds out about his wife's affair?
2. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Huntingdon demand of Helen?
3. Why does Jane Wilson move to the city?
4. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
5. When Helen first arrives at Wildfell Hall, what does she note there isn't a lot of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen get her son to stop drinking alcohol?
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon do after reading Helen's diary?
3. What does Mr. Markham say to Helen after reading her diary?
4. How does Mr. Markham reveal who he is writing his letter to?
5. In Chapter 50, what makes Mr. Markham anxious?
6. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon accuses Helen of having an affair with Mr. Hargrave?
7. In Chapter 31, what does Helen notice about Lord Lowborough?
8. How does Mr. Hargrave react when he learns of Helen's plans to leave her husband?
9. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Lawrence do to answer Mr. Markham's questions?
10. In Chapter 34, what happens when Helen confronts Lady Lowborough?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of morals and morality in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
What role does gossip play in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the symbolism of roses in this novel.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)