|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Walter Hargrave try to win over Helen?
2. In Chapter 43, who does Mr. Huntingdon hire?
3. What does Helen admit stands in the way of her marrying Mr. Markham in Chapter 53?
4. How does Helen sneak away from home to leave for Wildfell Hall?
5. What does Helen do when Lady Lowborough shows up to hunt in Chapter 38?
Essay Topic 1
Write a character analysis of Mr. Huntingdon. Consider his role in developing the plot, the other characters and the theme. What is Mr. Huntingdon's purpose in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the use of literal vs. figurative deaths in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Is Mr. Hargrave a protagonist or an antagonist? Why?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)