|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 42, what makes Helen believe she can stay in her marriage?
2. Why does Mr. Hargrave offer Helen protection in Chapter 39?
3. Who tells Helen about Mr. Huntingdon and Lady Lowborough's relationship?
4. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
5. When Lord Lowborough finds out about his wife's affair, what does his friend suggest?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what bothers Helen about Lady Lowborough when she visits to hunt?
2. What does Mr. Markham say to Helen after reading her diary?
3. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen?
4. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon accuses Helen of having an affair with Mr. Hargrave?
5. In Chapter 48, what does Helen write in a letter?
6. How does Mr. Markham reveal who he is writing his letter to?
7. What does Mr. Huntingdon do after reading Helen's diary?
8. Why doesn't Mr. Markham want Mr. Lawrence to go to the Wilsons?
9. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon returns home in Chapter 30?
10. How does Mr. Hargrave react when he learns of Helen's plans to leave her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of discontent in "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall."
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the use of literal vs. figurative deaths in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
How is childhood defined in this novel? What role do children play?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)