|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hattersley try to hit Mr. Hargrave?
2. In Chapter 48, how does Helen describe her husband?
3. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
4. In Chapter 35, when does Helen find Lady Lowborough awaiting Mr. Huntingdon?
5. When Lady Lowborough visits in Chapter 31, how does Helen feel about her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What commentary on marriage does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" provide? How is this institution developed? How is it at odds with society? How is it at odds with the individual? What purpose does marriage have?
Essay Topic 2
What role does gossip play in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
How is romantic love at odds with society in "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall"? What is significant about this?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)