|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, how does Mr. Huntingdon act while at home?
2. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
3. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
5. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Hargrave react when he learns of Helen's plans to leave her husband?
2. How does Helen get her son to stop drinking alcohol?
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon do after reading Helen's diary?
4. In Chapter 51, how does Eliza mislead Mr. Markham?
5. In Chapter 47, what does Eliza announce?
6. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon returns home in Chapter 30?
7. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham talk to Mr. Lawrence about?
8. Why doesn't Mr. Markham want Mr. Lawrence to go to the Wilsons?
9. What happens when Helen and Mr. Huntingdon travel to London?
10. In Chapter 21, how do Mr. Huntingdon's friends react to his engagement to Helen?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the symbolism of roses in this novel.
Essay Topic 2
How is childhood defined in this novel? What role do children play?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use foreshadowing in this novel? How is it effective? How is it ineffective?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)