|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
2. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
3. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
5. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham about the rumors about her?
2. In Chapter 22, what do Helen and Mr. Huntingdon say about Annabella and Lord Lowborough?
3. In Chapter 18, what is the relationship between Mr. Huntingdon and Annabella?
4. In Chapter 4, why does Mrs. Graham say she can't visit other families in town?
5. What do Mrs. Graham and Mrs. Markham argue about in Chapter 4?
6. Why does Mrs. Markham disagree with Mr. Markham's relationship with Eliza?
7. What happens when Helen and Mr. Huntingdon travel to London?
8. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Huntingdon?
9. How does Helen react when Mr. Huntingdon finds a portrait she drew in Chapter 18?
10. What happens when Mr. Markham returns to Mrs. Graham's house in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of discontent in "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall."
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast two manors as settings in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
What role does gossip play in this novel?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)