|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
3. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
4. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
5. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen react when Mr. Huntingdon finds a portrait she drew in Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 12, what does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham about the rumors about her?
3. In Chapter 22, what do Helen and Mr. Huntingdon say about Annabella and Lord Lowborough?
4. How does Helen convince her family to let her marry Mr. Huntingdon?
5. How does Mr. Markham treat Mr. Lawrence after he overhears him talking with Mrs. Graham about their affair?
6. What happens during the trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
7. What happens when Helen and Mr. Huntingdon travel to London?
8. Why does Mrs. Markham disagree with Mr. Markham's relationship with Eliza?
9. In Chapter 13, what bothers Mr. Markham about visiting Mr. Wilson?
10. In Chapter 22, how does Mr. Huntingdon admit to being a bad influence on Lord Lowborough?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of discontent in "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall."
Essay Topic 2
How does social class affect the characters in this novel? What message is delivered about social classes?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the use of literal vs. figurative deaths in this novel.
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)