|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
2. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
3. In Chapter 25, how long do the Huntingdons spend in London?
4. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what does Helen notice about Lord Lowborough?
2. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
3. How does Mrs. Graham try to explain her relationship with Mr. Lawrence to Mr. Markham?
4. How does Helen get her son to stop drinking alcohol?
5. In Chapter 51, how does Eliza mislead Mr. Markham?
6. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Huntingdon?
7. How does Helen discover her husband's affair with Lady Lowborough?
8. In Chapter 22, what do Helen and Mr. Huntingdon say about Annabella and Lord Lowborough?
9. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
10. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Lawrence do to answer Mr. Markham's questions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the theme of discontent in "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall."
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the use of literal vs. figurative deaths in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
What role does religion play in this novel? How is religion a theme?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)