|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
2. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
3. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Markham treat Mr. Lawrence after he overhears him talking with Mrs. Graham about their affair?
2. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Huntingdon?
3. In Chapter 13, what bothers Mr. Markham about visiting Mr. Wilson?
4. In Chapter 9, what gossip does Eliza share?
5. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon tells Helen stories about his past after they are married?
6. What happens when Helen and Mr. Huntingdon travel to London?
7. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mrs. Graham in Chapter 10?
8. What happens when Mr. Markham returns to Mrs. Graham's house in Chapter 12?
9. Why does Mrs. Graham organize a trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
10. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is childhood defined in this novel? What role do children play?
Essay Topic 2
Is Mr. Hargrave a protagonist or an antagonist? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least two men in this novel. What message is delivered about being a man in this society?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)