|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
2. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
3. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
4. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
5. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 21, how do Mr. Huntingdon's friends react to his engagement to Helen?
2. In Chapter 1, what is Mr. Markham's living arrangement?
3. How does Helen convince her family to let her marry Mr. Huntingdon?
4. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Huntingdon?
5. What do Mrs. Graham and Mrs. Markham argue about in Chapter 4?
6. In Chapter 4, why does Mrs. Graham say she can't visit other families in town?
7. When the Lowboroughs come to visit at Grassdale, how does Mr. Huntingdon embarrass Helen?
8. In Chapter 18, what is the relationship between Mr. Huntingdon and Annabella?
9. What is Mr. Markham's first impression of Mrs. Graham?
10. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon tells Helen stories about his past after they are married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is childhood defined in this novel? What role do children play?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the theme of discontent in "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall."
Essay Topic 3
How does social class affect the characters in this novel? What message is delivered about social classes?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)