Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
2. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
3. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
4. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what bothers Helen about Lady Lowborough when she visits to hunt?
2. In Chapter 33, what does Helen overhear?
3. In Chapter 22, what do Helen and Mr. Huntingdon say about Annabella and Lord Lowborough?
4. What does Mr. Markham say to Helen after reading her diary?
5. How does Mr. Markham treat Mr. Lawrence after he overhears him talking with Mrs. Graham about their affair?
6. According to Helen's letters, what happens to Mr. Huntingdon in Chapter 49?
7. What happens to Mr. Huntingdon after Helen gives birth to a son?
8. What does Mr. Huntingdon do after reading Helen's diary?
9. In Chapter 9, what gossip does Eliza share?
10. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of infidelity in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least two men in this novel. What message is delivered about being a man in this society?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the symbolism of roses in this novel.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)