|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, when does Mr. Huntingdon kiss Lady Lowborough's hand?
2. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
3. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
4. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
5. In Chapter 16, where is Helen returning from?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what is Mr. Markham's living arrangement?
2. Why does Mrs. Graham organize a trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
3. What happens to Mr. Huntingdon after Helen gives birth to a son?
4. What happens when Mr. Markham returns to Mrs. Graham's house in Chapter 12?
5. What role does Helen's aunt play in her love life in Chapter 16?
6. What happens when Mr. Markham gives Mrs. Graham a book in Chapter 8?
7. What is Mr. Markham's first impression of Mrs. Graham?
8. How does Mr. Markham treat Mr. Lawrence after he overhears him talking with Mrs. Graham about their affair?
9. In Chapter 12, what does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham about the rumors about her?
10. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon tells Helen stories about his past after they are married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does religion play in this novel? How is religion a theme?
Essay Topic 2
What role does gossip play in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
How is romantic love at odds with society in "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall"? What is significant about this?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)