|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
2. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
4. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
5. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen react when Mr. Huntingdon finds a portrait she drew in Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham talk to Mr. Lawrence about?
3. Why does Mrs. Graham organize a trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 31, what does Helen notice about Lord Lowborough?
5. Why does Mrs. Markham disagree with Mr. Markham's relationship with Eliza?
6. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen?
7. In Chapter 22, what do Helen and Mr. Huntingdon say about Annabella and Lord Lowborough?
8. What happens during the trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
9. What happens when Mr. Markham gives Mrs. Graham a book in Chapter 8?
10. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon returns home in Chapter 30?
Essay Topic 1
What difficulties are faced by women in this novel? What causes these difficulties? What commentary does the author provide on being a woman?
Essay Topic 2
How does social class affect the characters in this novel? What message is delivered about social classes?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least two men in this novel. What message is delivered about being a man in this society?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)