|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, how does Mr. Huntingdon act while at home?
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
3. When does Chapter 16 take place?
4. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 25, how long do the Huntingdons spend in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Markham treat Mr. Lawrence after he overhears him talking with Mrs. Graham about their affair?
2. In Chapter 22, what do Helen and Mr. Huntingdon say about Annabella and Lord Lowborough?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham talk to Mr. Lawrence about?
4. When the Lowboroughs come to visit at Grassdale, how does Mr. Huntingdon embarrass Helen?
5. Why does Mrs. Graham organize a trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
6. What happens during the trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
7. In Chapter 21, how do Mr. Huntingdon's friends react to his engagement to Helen?
8. How does Mr. Markham react to the gossip about Mrs. Graham in Chapter 9?
9. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon tells Helen stories about his past after they are married?
10. What happens when Mr. Markham gives Mrs. Graham a book in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least two men in this novel. What message is delivered about being a man in this society?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the theme of discontent in "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall."
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the format of the novel as a set of letters and diary. What is effective about this? What is ineffective?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)