|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
2. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
3. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
5. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 47, what does Eliza announce?
2. In Chapter 48, what does Helen write in a letter?
3. In Chapter 9, what gossip does Eliza share?
4. According to Helen's letters, what happens to Mr. Huntingdon in Chapter 49?
5. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
6. What is Mr. Markham's first impression of Mrs. Graham?
7. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
8. What happens when Helen and Mr. Huntingdon travel to London?
9. In Chapter 12, what does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham about the rumors about her?
10. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon returns home in Chapter 30?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the format of the novel as a set of letters and diary. What is effective about this? What is ineffective?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the use of literal vs. figurative deaths in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two manors as settings in this novel.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)