|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
2. When does Chapter 16 take place?
3. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
4. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Mr. Huntingdon send Helen home from London before himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Graham organize a trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
2. How does Helen convince her family to let her marry Mr. Huntingdon?
3. How does Mr. Markham treat Mr. Lawrence after he overhears him talking with Mrs. Graham about their affair?
4. In Chapter 9, what gossip does Eliza share?
5. In Chapter 13, what bothers Mr. Markham about visiting Mr. Wilson?
6. What happens when Mr. Markham returns to Mrs. Graham's house in Chapter 12?
7. What happens during the trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
8. How does Mr. Markham react to the gossip about Mrs. Graham in Chapter 9?
9. In Chapter 22, how does Mr. Huntingdon admit to being a bad influence on Lord Lowborough?
10. In Chapter 22, what do Helen and Mr. Huntingdon say about Annabella and Lord Lowborough?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Mr. Hargrave a protagonist or an antagonist? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How is romantic love at odds with society in "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall"? What is significant about this?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use foreshadowing in this novel? How is it effective? How is it ineffective?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)