Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Walter Hargrave try to win over Helen?
(a) By bringing her presents.
(b) By playing with her son.
(c) By making fun of her husband.
(d) By complimenting her house.
2. In Chapter 43, who does Mr. Huntingdon hire?
(a) A governess.
(b) A cook.
(c) A maid.
(d) A butler.
3. What does Helen admit stands in the way of her marrying Mr. Markham in Chapter 53?
(a) Her religion.
(c) Her brother.
(d) His money.
4. How does Helen sneak away from home to leave for Wildfell Hall?
(a) She waits until her husband is out of town.
(b) She goes in the middle of the night.
(c) She leaves early in the morning.
(d) She gets her husband drunk.
5. What does Helen do when Lady Lowborough shows up to hunt in Chapter 38?
(a) She sends her home.
(b) She threatens her.
(c) She greets her kindly.
(d) She ignores her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane Wilson move to the city?
2. When does Mr. Lawrence plan on visiting the Wilsons in Chapter 46?
3. In Chapter 52, what worries Mr. Markham about Helen's uncle's death?
4. When Lord Lowborough finds out about his wife's affair, what does his friend suggest?
5. Why does Helen begin planning to leave again in Chapter 43?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)