|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Walter Hargrave try to win over Helen?
(a) By playing with her son.
(b) By making fun of her husband.
(c) By bringing her presents.
(d) By complimenting her house.
2. In Chapter 39, why does Helen begin to paint again?
(a) To teach her son.
(b) To earn money.
(c) To decorate her house.
(d) To escape her life.
3. In Chapter 50, how long does Mr. Markham say he must wait before speaking to Helen?
(a) Three months.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Nine months.
4. How does Lord Lowborough act when he finds out about his wife's affair?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is content.
5. Who does Helen write to to have them prepare Wildfell Hall for her?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen do when Lady Lowborough shows up to hunt in Chapter 38?
2. When do Helen and Mr. Markham agree to be married?
3. Why does Helen begin planning to leave again in Chapter 43?
4. In Chapter 39, what worries Helen about her son?
5. Why does Mr. Hargrave offer Helen protection in Chapter 39?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen protect her son when she returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
2. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Lawrence do to answer Mr. Markham's questions?
3. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen?
4. What does Mr. Markham say to Mr. Lawrence after reading Helen's diary?
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon do after reading Helen's diary?
6. How does Helen explain her return to Mr. Huntingdon?
7. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon accuses Helen of having an affair with Mr. Hargrave?
8. How does Mr. Hargrave react when he learns of Helen's plans to leave her husband?
9. In Chapter 48, what does Helen write in a letter?
10. In Chapter 31, what does Helen notice about Lord Lowborough?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)