|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when Helen visits her sick brother?
(a) Leaves for London.
(c) Reads her diary.
(d) Throws a party.
2. Why does Richard Wilson become the vicar?
(a) Because Mr. Millward died.
(b) Because a new church was built.
(c) Because he moved to a new town.
(d) Because he trained for the position.
3. How does Mr. Markham believe Mr. Lawrence reacts to his advice about the Wilsons?
(a) He knows Mr. Lawrence believes him.
(b) He gets laughted at.
(c) He feels ignored.
(d) He isn't sure.
4. Why does Jane Wilson move to the city?
(a) To work.
(b) To write a novel.
(c) To travel.
(d) To avoid her brother.
5. In Chapter 35, what favor does Lady Lowborough ask of Helen?
(a) To let her borrow a dress.
(b) To keep Mr. Huntingdon from drinking.
(c) To travel without Mr. Huntingdon.
(d) To not tell her husband about the affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mr. Lawrence plan on visiting the Wilsons in Chapter 46?
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon learn about his wife's plan to leave him?
3. Why doesn't Mr. Mark want Mr. Lawrence visiting with the Wilsons?
4. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
5. What does Mr. Markham do with his family farm in Chapter 80?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 33, what does Helen overhear?
2. In Chapter 48, what does Helen write in a letter?
3. According to Helen's letters, what happens to Mr. Huntingdon in Chapter 49?
4. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon returns home in Chapter 30?
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen?
6. How does Mr. Hargrave try to win Helen's affections?
7. In Chapter 46, what does Mr. Lawrence tell Mr. Markham about Helen?
8. How does Mr. Markham reveal who he is writing his letter to?
9. Why doesn't Mr. Markham want Mr. Lawrence to go to the Wilsons?
10. What does Mr. Huntingdon do after reading Helen's diary?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)