|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mr. Mark want Mr. Lawrence visiting with the Wilsons?
(a) Because of their fallen reputation.
(b) Because they dislike Mr. Markham.
(c) Because of the gossip they spread.
(d) Because they dislike Mr. Lawrence.
2. Where does Helen want to go with her son in Chapter 39?
(b) European continent.
(c) The United States.
3. In Chapter 39, why does Helen begin to paint again?
(a) To earn money.
(b) To escape her life.
(c) To decorate her house.
(d) To teach her son.
4. Who tells Helen about Mr. Huntingdon and Lady Lowborough's relationship?
(b) Lady Lowborough.
(c) Mr. Hargrave.
(d) Lord Lowborough.
5. In Chapter 29, why do the neighbors visit Helen?
(a) Because Helen invites them.
(b) Because they need help marrying off a daughter.
(c) Because Mr. Huntingdon is out of town.
(d) Because they are being polite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen have Mr. Huntingdon do before seeing his son in Chapter 47?
2. In Chapter 45, why does Helen say she can never see Mr. Markham again?
3. After Mr. Huntingdon takes most of Helen's money and belongings, what does he leave her?
4. What does Helen do when Mr. Hargrave offers her protection in Chapter 39?
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon fear in Chapter 48?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 34, what happens when Helen confronts Lady Lowborough?
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon do after reading Helen's diary?
3. Why doesn't Mr. Markham want Mr. Lawrence to go to the Wilsons?
4. How does Mr. Markham reveal who he is writing his letter to?
5. In Chapter 51, how does Eliza mislead Mr. Markham?
6. In Chapter 48, what does Helen write in a letter?
7. In Chapter 31, what does Helen notice about Lord Lowborough?
8. In Chapter 46, what does Mr. Lawrence tell Mr. Markham about Helen?
9. How does Helen finally escape Mr. Huntingdon?
10. In Chapter 31, what bothers Helen about Lady Lowborough when she visits to hunt?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)