|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Lowborough child does Mr. Markham believe is Mr. Huntingdon's?
(a) Both of them.
(b) The oldest.
(c) None of them.
(d) The youngest.
2. In Chapter 49, how does Mr. Markham learn about Helen?
(a) From letters to him.
(b) From her letters to her brother.
(c) From a telegram from Mr. Huntingdon.
(d) From her brother.
3. In Chapter 41, what does Helen do while her husband is in London?
(a) Buys train tickets.
(b) Finds her hidden jewelry.
(c) Gets her son to stop drinking alcohol.
(d) Starts painting again.
4. What does Helen have Mr. Huntingdon do before seeing his son in Chapter 47?
(a) Apologize to her.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Sign a paper.
(d) Agree to keep it short.
5. In Chapter 39, who does Helen confide in about her marital problems?
(a) Mr. Hargrave.
(c) Her vicor.
(d) Mr. Hattersley.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 50, where does Helen go after Staningley?
2. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Huntingdon demand of Helen?
3. Where does Helen want to go with her son in Chapter 39?
4. What does Frederick say about Helen staying at Wildfell Hall in Chapter 41?
5. What does Lord Lowborough do after learning about his wife's affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen explain her return to Mr. Huntingdon?
2. In Chapter 46, what does Mr. Lawrence tell Mr. Markham about Helen?
3. In Chapter 47, what does Eliza announce?
4. How does Mr. Markham reveal who he is writing his letter to?
5. What does Mr. Markham say to Helen after reading her diary?
6. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon hires a governess?
7. How does Helen protect her son when she returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
8. Why doesn't Mr. Markham want Mr. Lawrence to go to the Wilsons?
9. What does Mr. Markham say to Mr. Lawrence after reading Helen's diary?
10. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon returns home in Chapter 30?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)