|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen admit to doing in Chapter 30?
(a) Reading Mr. Huntingdon's mail.
(b) Laughing at her husband.
(c) Drinking at night.
(d) Hiding from her marriage.
2. When does Mr. Lawrence plan on visiting the Wilsons in Chapter 46?
(a) In the fall.
(b) When he feels better.
(c) For the summer.
(d) As soon as Mr. Markham leaves his house.
3. In Chapter 46, why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Lawrence?
(a) To know how Helen is.
(b) To be polite.
(c) Because Mr. Lawrence invites him.
(d) To stay entertained.
4. When do Helen and Mr. Markham agree to be married?
(a) In the summer.
(b) In the spring.
(c) In the winter.
(d) In the fall.
5. Why is Mr. Hattersley in town in Chapter 42?
(a) To visit with Helen.
(b) For business.
(c) Milicent asked him to come to town.
(d) To visit his mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 48, how does Helen describe her husband?
2. In Chapter 37, why does Helen turn down Mr. Hargrave's offer of an affair?
3. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
4. In Chapter 31, why does Lord Lowborough spend his nights walking?
5. How does Mr. Markham believe Mr. Lawrence reacts to his advice about the Wilsons?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen discover her husband's affair with Lady Lowborough?
2. How does Helen explain her return to Mr. Huntingdon?
3. How does Mr. Markham reveal who he is writing his letter to?
4. In Chapter 31, what does Helen notice about Lord Lowborough?
5. In Chapter 50, what makes Mr. Markham anxious?
6. In Chapter 31, what bothers Helen about Lady Lowborough when she visits to hunt?
7. How does Helen protect her son when she returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
8. In Chapter 51, how does Eliza mislead Mr. Markham?
9. According to Helen's letters, what happens to Mr. Huntingdon in Chapter 49?
10. In Chapter 33, what does Helen overhear?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)