|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 35, what favor does Lady Lowborough ask of Helen?
(a) To let her borrow a dress.
(b) To not tell her husband about the affair.
(c) To keep Mr. Huntingdon from drinking.
(d) To travel without Mr. Huntingdon.
2. In Chapter 42, how does Helen convince Mr. Hattersley that he is right to change his ways?
(a) She has him talk to her husband.
(b) She reads from the Bible.
(c) She shows him letters from his wife.
(d) She agrees with everything he says.
3. Why is Mr. Hattersley in town in Chapter 42?
(a) For business.
(b) Milicent asked him to come to town.
(c) To visit with Helen.
(d) To visit his mother-in-law.
4. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He leaves town.
(c) He writes to his uncle.
(d) He drinks.
5. When does Mr. Lawrence plan on visiting the Wilsons in Chapter 46?
(a) For the summer.
(b) In the fall.
(c) When he feels better.
(d) As soon as Mr. Markham leaves his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 37, why does Helen turn down Mr. Hargrave's offer of an affair?
2. In Chapter 51, who tells Mr. Markham they heard that Helen is getting married?
3. Why does Mr. Hargrave offer Helen protection in Chapter 39?
4. What does Mr. Markham do with his family farm in Chapter 80?
5. In Chapter 50, where does Helen go after Staningley?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)