|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Helen write to to have them prepare Wildfell Hall for her?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
2. What does Helen have Mr. Huntingdon do before seeing his son in Chapter 47?
(a) Agree to keep it short.
(b) Sign a paper.
(c) Apologize to her.
(d) Stop drinking.
3. Why does Mr. Hargrave offer Helen protection in Chapter 39?
(a) So her son will be educated.
(b) So she can leave her husband.
(c) So she can still have an inheritance.
(d) So she won't have to worry about Lady Lowborough.
4. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
(c) To her aunt's.
5. Why does Mr. Hattersley try to hit Mr. Hargrave?
(a) For talking to his wife.
(b) Because he thinks he is someone else.
(c) Because he is drunk.
(d) For interfering with his argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen admit stands in the way of her marrying Mr. Markham in Chapter 53?
2. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
3. Which Lowborough child does Mr. Markham believe is Mr. Huntingdon's?
4. In Chapter 35, what favor does Lady Lowborough ask of Helen?
5. What does Mr. Markham do when he hears about Helen's wedding in Chapter 51?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen protect her son when she returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon do after reading Helen's diary?
3. How does Mr. Hargrave react when he learns of Helen's plans to leave her husband?
4. How does Helen finally escape Mr. Huntingdon?
5. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon returns home in Chapter 30?
6. In Chapter 34, what happens when Helen confronts Lady Lowborough?
7. In Chapter 51, how does Eliza mislead Mr. Markham?
8. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon hires a governess?
9. How does Mr. Hargrave try to win Helen's affections?
10. In Chapter 47, what does Eliza announce?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)