|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
(a) By telling her the Bible says it's alright.
(b) By giving her drinks.
(c) By saying her husband is having one.
(d) By showing her letters from his sisters.
2. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
(a) Because she started painting again.
(b) Because she was talking to Mr. Hargrave.
(c) Because he was drinking.
(d) Because he read her mail.
3. Why is Mr. Hattersley in town in Chapter 42?
(a) Milicent asked him to come to town.
(b) To visit his mother-in-law.
(c) To visit with Helen.
(d) For business.
4. How does Mr. Markham learn that Helen returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In a letter to Mr. Lawrence.
(b) In a letter from Mr. Huntingdon.
(c) In a letter from Helen.
(d) From Eliza's sister.
5. Who does Eliza marry?
(a) A tradesman.
(b) A writer.
(c) A preacher.
(d) An lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen do when Lady Lowborough shows up to hunt in Chapter 38?
2. In Chapter 42, how does Helen convince Mr. Hattersley that he is right to change his ways?
3. Why doesn't Mr. Mark want Mr. Lawrence visiting with the Wilsons?
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen in Chapter 36?
5. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what does Helen notice about Lord Lowborough?
2. In Chapter 50, what makes Mr. Markham anxious?
3. How does Helen finally escape Mr. Huntingdon?
4. What does Mr. Markham finally say to Helen after her husband's death?
5. How does Mr. Hargrave react when he learns of Helen's plans to leave her husband?
6. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen?
7. In Chapter 33, what does Helen overhear?
8. Why doesn't Mr. Markham want Mr. Lawrence to go to the Wilsons?
9. How does Helen explain her return to Mr. Huntingdon?
10. In Chapter 48, what does Helen write in a letter?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)