|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen's aunt want her to live at Staningley?
(a) So she has someone to care for her.
(b) So she can avoid Grassdale.
(c) So the house won't be empty.
(d) So Mr. Markham will be far from the Wilsons.
2. Where does Lady Lowborough run away to?
(a) The Americas.
3. What does Mr. Markham do with his family farm in Chapter 80?
(a) Gives it to Helen's aunt.
(b) Sells it.
(c) Gives it to his brother.
(d) Gives it to Arthur.
4. In Chapter 42, what makes Helen believe she can stay in her marriage?
(a) The amount of time her husband is gone.
(b) Her husband quit drinking.
(c) Her husband's new attitude.
(d) Her son asks her to.
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon agree to let Helen do in Chapter 47?
(a) Travel freely.
(b) Take Arthur away.
(c) Earn her own money.
(d) Live in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Helen about Mr. Huntingdon and Lady Lowborough's relationship?
2. In Chapter 53, how does Mr. Markham finally see Helen?
3. In Chapter 35, what favor does Lady Lowborough ask of Helen?
4. Who does Eliza marry?
5. In Chapter 48, what does Helen wish for Miss Hargrave?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)