|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
(a) To her aunt's.
2. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
(a) To tell her husband.
(b) To go back home.
(c) To stop being polite.
(d) To stop the affair.
3. In Chapter 39, who does Helen confide in about her marital problems?
(a) Her vicor.
(c) Mr. Hattersley.
(d) Mr. Hargrave.
4. How does Mr. Markham learn that Helen returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In a letter from Mr. Huntingdon.
(b) In a letter to Mr. Lawrence.
(c) From Eliza's sister.
(d) In a letter from Helen.
5. When Lord Lowborough finds out about his wife's affair, what does his friend suggest?
(a) A dual.
(c) That the leave immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen in Chapter 36?
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon ask Helen to help him do in Chapter 49?
3. Why does Richard Wilson become the vicar?
4. When Helen first arrives at Wildfell Hall, what does she note there isn't a lot of?
5. What does Helen have Mr. Huntingdon do before seeing his son in Chapter 47?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen finally escape Mr. Huntingdon?
2. In Chapter 31, what does Helen notice about Lord Lowborough?
3. In Chapter 47, what does Eliza announce?
4. What does Mr. Markham say to Mr. Lawrence after reading Helen's diary?
5. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
6. In Chapter 31, what bothers Helen about Lady Lowborough when she visits to hunt?
7. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon hires a governess?
8. Why doesn't Mr. Markham want Mr. Lawrence to go to the Wilsons?
9. How does Helen discover her husband's affair with Lady Lowborough?
10. In Chapter 48, what does Helen write in a letter?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)