|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helen sneak away from home to leave for Wildfell Hall?
(a) She leaves early in the morning.
(b) She waits until her husband is out of town.
(c) She goes in the middle of the night.
(d) She gets her husband drunk.
2. Who does Helen write to to have them prepare Wildfell Hall for her?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her sister.
3. What does Mr. Markham do after reading Helen's diary?
(a) Takes back his confession of love.
(b) Meets with her brother.
(c) Promises to keep her safe.
(d) Apologizes to her.
4. In Chapter 35, what favor does Lady Lowborough ask of Helen?
(a) To keep Mr. Huntingdon from drinking.
(b) To not tell her husband about the affair.
(c) To travel without Mr. Huntingdon.
(d) To let her borrow a dress.
5. In Chapter 39, who does Helen confide in about her marital problems?
(b) Mr. Hattersley.
(c) Her vicor.
(d) Mr. Hargrave.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 39, what worries Helen about her son?
2. Which Lowborough child does Mr. Markham believe is Mr. Huntingdon's?
3. How does Mr. Markham learn that Helen returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
4. When Helen first arrives at Wildfell Hall, what does she note there isn't a lot of?
5. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 46, what does Mr. Lawrence tell Mr. Markham about Helen?
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon do after reading Helen's diary?
3. How does Mr. Hargrave try to win Helen's affections?
4. In Chapter 47, what does Eliza announce?
5. In Chapter 51, how does Eliza mislead Mr. Markham?
6. What does Mr. Markham say to Helen after reading her diary?
7. How does Helen protect her son when she returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
8. How does Helen explain her return to Mr. Huntingdon?
9. What does Mr. Markham say to Mr. Lawrence after reading Helen's diary?
10. In Chapter 31, what does Helen notice about Lord Lowborough?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)