|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Helen write to to have them prepare Wildfell Hall for her?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
2. When Lady Lowborough visits in Chapter 31, how does Helen feel about her?
3. How does Mr. Huntingdon learn about his wife's plan to leave him?
(a) Mr. Hargrave tells him.
(b) He reads her diary.
(c) He finds her money.
(d) He overhears her talking about it.
4. In Chapter 45, why does Helen say she can never see Mr. Markham again?
(a) Because of her wedding vows.
(b) Because he knows the truth.
(c) Because she dislikes him.
(d) Because she likes him too much.
5. What does Mr. Markham do when he hears about Helen's wedding in Chapter 51?
(a) Runs to a telegram office.
(c) Rushes home.
(d) Takes a coach to Staningley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hargrave offer Helen protection in Chapter 39?
2. What does Lord Lowborough do after learning about his wife's affair?
3. In Chapter 39, what worries Helen about her son?
4. What does Mr. Markham do with his family farm in Chapter 80?
5. In Chapter 52, why does Mr. Markham visit Staningley?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen finally escape Mr. Huntingdon?
2. How does Mr. Hargrave try to win Helen's affections?
3. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon accuses Helen of having an affair with Mr. Hargrave?
4. In Chapter 47, what does Eliza announce?
5. How does Helen discover her husband's affair with Lady Lowborough?
6. In Chapter 48, what does Helen write in a letter?
7. Why doesn't Mr. Markham want Mr. Lawrence to go to the Wilsons?
8. How does Mr. Hargrave react when he learns of Helen's plans to leave her husband?
9. What does Mr. Markham finally say to Helen after her husband's death?
10. In Chapter 51, how does Eliza mislead Mr. Markham?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)