|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helen want to go with her son in Chapter 39?
(a) The United States.
(d) European continent.
2. How does Mr. Walter Hargrave try to win over Helen?
(a) By making fun of her husband.
(b) By playing with her son.
(c) By bringing her presents.
(d) By complimenting her house.
3. In Chapter 29, why do the neighbors visit Helen?
(a) Because Helen invites them.
(b) Because they need help marrying off a daughter.
(c) Because Mr. Huntingdon is out of town.
(d) Because they are being polite.
4. In Chapter 32, why does Milicent want Helen to advise his sister on marriage?
(a) Because he wants her to be picky.
(b) Because he doesn't want her to end up like Helen.
(c) Because he thinks Helen is kind.
(d) Because she trusts Helen.
5. How does Mr. Lawrence feel about asking Helen to allow Mr. Markham to tell her story to others?
(a) He is excited for her.
(b) He laughs at Mr. Markham.
(c) He isn't sure about it.
(d) He disagrees fully.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 42, how does Helen convince Mr. Hattersley that he is right to change his ways?
2. Why is Mr. Hattersley in town in Chapter 42?
3. In Chapter 51, who tells Mr. Markham they heard that Helen is getting married?
4. In Chapter 31, why does Lord Lowborough spend his nights walking?
5. When does Mr. Lawrence plan on visiting the Wilsons in Chapter 46?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)