|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Huntingdon learn about his wife's plan to leave him?
(a) He overhears her talking about it.
(b) He reads her diary.
(c) He finds her money.
(d) Mr. Hargrave tells him.
2. In Chapter 48, what does Helen wish for Miss Hargrave?
(a) That she forgives her brother.
(b) That she earn her own money.
(c) That she move away.
(d) That she marry.
3. How does Mr. Markham learn that Helen returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In a letter from Helen.
(b) In a letter to Mr. Lawrence.
(c) From Eliza's sister.
(d) In a letter from Mr. Huntingdon.
4. In Chapter 39, what worries Helen about her son?
(a) He dresses like a pauper.
(b) He swears at her.
(c) He is no longer doing his lessons.
(d) He has been drinking with his father.
5. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen's aunt want her to live at Staningley?
2. In Chapter 42, how does Helen convince Mr. Hattersley that he is right to change his ways?
3. In Chapter 45, why does Helen say she can never see Mr. Markham again?
4. Why is Mr. Hattersley in town in Chapter 42?
5. In Chapter 46, why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Lawrence?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)