|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jane Wilson move to the city?
(a) To avoid her brother.
(b) To write a novel.
(c) To work.
(d) To travel.
2. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
(a) To stop being polite.
(b) To go back home.
(c) To tell her husband.
(d) To stop the affair.
3. In Chapter 35, when does Helen find Lady Lowborough awaiting Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In the middle of the night.
(b) In the morning.
(c) After dinner.
(d) In the afternoon.
4. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
(d) To her aunt's.
5. When Lord Lowborough finds out about his wife's affair, what does his friend suggest?
(b) A dual.
(d) That the leave immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen return to Mr. Huntingdon?
2. In Chapter 39, what worries Helen about her son?
3. In Chapter 30, where does Mr. Huntingdon go for the fall?
4. Which Lowborough child does Mr. Markham believe is Mr. Huntingdon's?
5. In Chapter 32, why does Milicent want Helen to advise his sister on marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen explain her return to Mr. Huntingdon?
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon do after reading Helen's diary?
3. How does Mr. Hargrave react when he learns of Helen's plans to leave her husband?
4. How does Helen finally escape Mr. Huntingdon?
5. In Chapter 31, what bothers Helen about Lady Lowborough when she visits to hunt?
6. In Chapter 48, what does Helen write in a letter?
7. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen?
8. According to Helen's letters, what happens to Mr. Huntingdon in Chapter 49?
9. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Lawrence do to answer Mr. Markham's questions?
10. How does Mr. Markham reveal who he is writing his letter to?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)