|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 35, what favor does Lady Lowborough ask of Helen?
(a) To travel without Mr. Huntingdon.
(b) To keep Mr. Huntingdon from drinking.
(c) To not tell her husband about the affair.
(d) To let her borrow a dress.
2. What does Frederick say about Helen staying at Wildfell Hall in Chapter 41?
(a) That she should try to make her marriage work first.
(b) That she will be much happier.
(c) That he doesn't want her there.
(d) That she will need to clean the place.
3. In Chapter 50, where does Helen go after Staningley?
(a) To the continent.
(b) Mr. Markham isn't sure.
(c) The shore.
(d) To visit the Hattersley.
4. What does Mr. Markham do after reading Helen's diary?
(a) Apologizes to her.
(b) Meets with her brother.
(c) Promises to keep her safe.
(d) Takes back his confession of love.
5. In Chapter 42, how does Helen convince Mr. Hattersley that he is right to change his ways?
(a) She reads from the Bible.
(b) She has him talk to her husband.
(c) She agrees with everything he says.
(d) She shows him letters from his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon fear in Chapter 48?
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen in Chapter 36?
3. Why does Mr. Hattersley try to hit Mr. Hargrave?
4. Why is Mr. Hattersley in town in Chapter 42?
5. In Chapter 32, how does Mr. Hattersley upset his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 48, what does Helen write in a letter?
2. In Chapter 50, what makes Mr. Markham anxious?
3. In Chapter 34, what happens when Helen confronts Lady Lowborough?
4. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon returns home in Chapter 30?
5. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon accuses Helen of having an affair with Mr. Hargrave?
6. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon hires a governess?
7. In Chapter 33, what does Helen overhear?
8. How does Helen get her son to stop drinking alcohol?
9. How does Mr. Markham reveal who he is writing his letter to?
10. What does Mr. Markham say to Mr. Lawrence after reading Helen's diary?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)