|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Walter Hargrave try to win over Helen?
(a) By playing with her son.
(b) By making fun of her husband.
(c) By complimenting her house.
(d) By bringing her presents.
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon fear in Chapter 48?
(a) Going broke.
(b) Losing his wife.
(d) Losing his son.
3. Where does Helen want to go with her son in Chapter 39?
(b) The United States.
(c) European continent.
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen in Chapter 36?
(a) He sends him away on vacation.
(b) He teaches him to ignore his mother.
(c) He dresses him in terrible clothing.
(d) He yells at him to make the boy upset.
5. How does Mr. Markham believe Mr. Lawrence reacts to his advice about the Wilsons?
(a) He gets laughted at.
(b) He knows Mr. Lawrence believes him.
(c) He isn't sure.
(d) He feels ignored.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
2. What does Helen have Mr. Huntingdon do before seeing his son in Chapter 47?
3. In Chapter 50, where does Helen go after Staningley?
4. In Chapter 52, what worries Mr. Markham about Helen's uncle's death?
5. In Chapter 47, what does Eliza say about Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon returns home in Chapter 30?
2. In Chapter 51, how does Eliza mislead Mr. Markham?
3. How does Mr. Hargrave try to win Helen's affections?
4. How does Mr. Hargrave react when he learns of Helen's plans to leave her husband?
5. In Chapter 46, what does Mr. Lawrence tell Mr. Markham about Helen?
6. In Chapter 31, what does Helen notice about Lord Lowborough?
7. In Chapter 34, what happens when Helen confronts Lady Lowborough?
8. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon accuses Helen of having an affair with Mr. Hargrave?
9. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Lawrence do to answer Mr. Markham's questions?
10. In Chapter 50, what makes Mr. Markham anxious?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)