|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when Helen visits her sick brother?
(a) Reads her diary.
(c) Leaves for London.
(d) Throws a party.
2. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
(b) To her aunt's.
3. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
(a) To tell her husband.
(b) To stop the affair.
(c) To stop being polite.
(d) To go back home.
4. In Chapter 35, when does Helen find Lady Lowborough awaiting Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In the middle of the night.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) After dinner.
(d) In the morning.
5. In Chapter 39, why does Helen begin to paint again?
(a) To escape her life.
(b) To decorate her house.
(c) To earn money.
(d) To teach her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen do when Lady Lowborough shows up to hunt in Chapter 38?
2. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
3. Why does Mr. Markham want to tell his family the truth about Helen?
4. In Chapter 46, why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Lawrence?
5. In Chapter 29, why do the neighbors visit Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 48, what does Helen write in a letter?
2. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon accuses Helen of having an affair with Mr. Hargrave?
3. How does Helen discover her husband's affair with Lady Lowborough?
4. In Chapter 39, how does Helen make plans to leave her husband?
5. According to Helen's letters, what happens to Mr. Huntingdon in Chapter 49?
6. In Chapter 46, what does Mr. Lawrence tell Mr. Markham about Helen?
7. How does Mr. Hargrave try to win Helen's affections?
8. How does Mr. Hargrave react when he learns of Helen's plans to leave her husband?
9. What does Mr. Markham say to Helen after reading her diary?
10. In Chapter 31, what does Helen notice about Lord Lowborough?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)