|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 48, what does Helen wish for Miss Hargrave?
(a) That she move away.
(b) That she earn her own money.
(c) That she forgives her brother.
(d) That she marry.
2. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
(a) He writes to his uncle.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He leaves town.
(d) He drinks.
3. In Chapter 30, why doesn't Helen talk to Mr. Huntingdon about his lying?
(a) Because she falls asleep.
(b) Because he is angry.
(c) Because he is ill.
(d) Because she is afraid.
4. Why does Helen's aunt want her to live at Staningley?
(a) So she can avoid Grassdale.
(b) So she has someone to care for her.
(c) So Mr. Markham will be far from the Wilsons.
(d) So the house won't be empty.
5. What does Frederick say about Helen staying at Wildfell Hall in Chapter 41?
(a) That he doesn't want her there.
(b) That she should try to make her marriage work first.
(c) That she will need to clean the place.
(d) That she will be much happier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Helen about Mr. Huntingdon and Lady Lowborough's relationship?
2. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
3. In Chapter 30, where does Mr. Huntingdon go for the fall?
4. Why does Mr. Markham want to tell his family the truth about Helen?
5. When Lady Lowborough visits in Chapter 31, how does Helen feel about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Hargrave try to win Helen's affections?
2. In Chapter 50, what makes Mr. Markham anxious?
3. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Lawrence do to answer Mr. Markham's questions?
4. In Chapter 47, what does Eliza announce?
5. How does Helen discover her husband's affair with Lady Lowborough?
6. In Chapter 31, what bothers Helen about Lady Lowborough when she visits to hunt?
7. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
8. How does Mr. Markham reveal who he is writing his letter to?
9. What does Mr. Markham say to Mr. Lawrence after reading Helen's diary?
10. In Chapter 39, how does Helen make plans to leave her husband?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)