|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen have Mr. Huntingdon do before seeing his son in Chapter 47?
(a) Apologize to her.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Agree to keep it short.
(d) Sign a paper.
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon agree to let Helen do in Chapter 47?
(a) Travel freely.
(b) Live in the house.
(c) Earn her own money.
(d) Take Arthur away.
3. In Chapter 50, why does Helen spend most of her time at Staningley?
(a) Because of her uncle's death.
(b) Because she is vacationing.
(c) Because of her exhaustion.
(d) Because Mr. Huntingdon asked her to.
4. Why doesn't Mr. Mark want Mr. Lawrence visiting with the Wilsons?
(a) Because of their fallen reputation.
(b) Because they dislike Mr. Markham.
(c) Because of the gossip they spread.
(d) Because they dislike Mr. Lawrence.
5. In Chapter 39, what worries Helen about her son?
(a) He swears at her.
(b) He has been drinking with his father.
(c) He is no longer doing his lessons.
(d) He dresses like a pauper.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 52, what does Mr. Markham decide to do?
2. In Chapter 30, why doesn't Helen talk to Mr. Huntingdon about his lying?
3. How does Mr. Markham learn that Helen returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
4. In Chapter 43, what does Helen say she worries about most in regards to her son?
5. What does Frederick say about Helen staying at Wildfell Hall in Chapter 41?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Helen's letters, what happens to Mr. Huntingdon in Chapter 49?
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen?
3. In Chapter 51, how does Eliza mislead Mr. Markham?
4. How does Helen get her son to stop drinking alcohol?
5. How does Helen protect her son when she returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
6. Why doesn't Mr. Markham want Mr. Lawrence to go to the Wilsons?
7. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
8. What does Mr. Huntingdon do after reading Helen's diary?
9. In Chapter 47, what does Eliza announce?
10. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon hires a governess?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)