|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 42, how does Helen convince Mr. Hattersley that he is right to change his ways?
(a) She has him talk to her husband.
(b) She shows him letters from his wife.
(c) She agrees with everything he says.
(d) She reads from the Bible.
2. Who does Helen write to to have them prepare Wildfell Hall for her?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her aunt.
3. In Chapter 49, how does Mr. Markham learn about Helen?
(a) From a telegram from Mr. Huntingdon.
(b) From her letters to her brother.
(c) From her brother.
(d) From letters to him.
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon learn about his wife's plan to leave him?
(a) He finds her money.
(b) He reads her diary.
(c) He overhears her talking about it.
(d) Mr. Hargrave tells him.
5. In Chapter 46, why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Lawrence?
(a) To be polite.
(b) Because Mr. Lawrence invites him.
(c) To know how Helen is.
(d) To stay entertained.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham do when he hears about Helen's wedding in Chapter 51?
2. In Chapter 48, how does Helen describe her husband?
3. In Chapter 42, what makes Helen believe she can stay in her marriage?
4. Which Lowborough child does Mr. Markham believe is Mr. Huntingdon's?
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon ask Helen to help him do in Chapter 49?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 51, how does Eliza mislead Mr. Markham?
2. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Lawrence do to answer Mr. Markham's questions?
3. How does Helen explain her return to Mr. Huntingdon?
4. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
5. In Chapter 50, what makes Mr. Markham anxious?
6. What does Mr. Markham say to Mr. Lawrence after reading Helen's diary?
7. In Chapter 48, what does Helen write in a letter?
8. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon accuses Helen of having an affair with Mr. Hargrave?
9. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon hires a governess?
10. In Chapter 31, what does Helen notice about Lord Lowborough?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)