|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Helen about Mr. Huntingdon and Lady Lowborough's relationship?
(a) Lord Lowborough.
(c) Lady Lowborough.
(d) Mr. Hargrave.
2. In Chapter 50, why does Helen spend most of her time at Staningley?
(a) Because she is vacationing.
(b) Because Mr. Huntingdon asked her to.
(c) Because of her uncle's death.
(d) Because of her exhaustion.
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon fear in Chapter 48?
(a) Losing his wife.
(b) Going broke.
(d) Losing his son.
4. Why does Jane Wilson move to the city?
(a) To work.
(b) To avoid her brother.
(c) To write a novel.
(d) To travel.
5. How does Lord Lowborough act when he finds out about his wife's affair?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is content.
(d) He is sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 49, how does Mr. Markham learn about Helen?
2. How does Mr. Lawrence feel about asking Helen to allow Mr. Markham to tell her story to others?
3. In Chapter 46, why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Lawrence?
4. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
5. What does Mr. Markham do after reading Helen's diary?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)