|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
(a) He keeps it.
(b) He pretends like he didn't actually see it.
(c) He rips it.
(d) He laughs at it.
2. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
(a) At the local pub.
(b) On his way to town.
(c) On his way to Wildfell Hall.
(d) On his way to church.
4. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(a) Mrs. Graham.
(b) He walks alone.
5. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because she is poor.
(b) Because he's too young.
(c) Because she won't treat him well.
(d) Because of her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, where is Helen returning from?
2. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
3. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
5. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
2. What does Mr. Markham finally say to Helen after her husband's death?
3. How does Mr. Markham reveal who he is writing his letter to?
4. In Chapter 47, what does Eliza announce?
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon do after reading Helen's diary?
6. In Chapter 48, what does Helen write in a letter?
7. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon tells Helen stories about his past after they are married?
8. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen?
9. How does Mr. Markham react to the gossip about Mrs. Graham in Chapter 9?
10. How does Helen protect her son when she returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)