|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
(a) Moved to the country.
(b) Began drinking.
(c) Started stealing.
(d) Divorced his wife.
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
(a) What gossip he has heard.
(b) The rooms he has for rent.
(c) His financial situation.
(d) His relationship with Mrs. Graham.
3. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(a) Mrs. Graham.
(b) He walks alone.
4. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
(a) The 1840s.
(b) The 1820s.
(c) The 1810s.
(d) The 1830s.
5. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
(a) That they are false.
(b) That they are true.
(c) That they are hurting him, too.
(d) That they are funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
2. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
4. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 23, how does Mr. Huntingdon act while at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mrs. Graham in Chapter 10?
2. What is Mr. Markham's first impression of Mrs. Graham?
3. What happens when Helen and Mr. Huntingdon travel to London?
4. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon tells Helen stories about his past after they are married?
5. How does Helen react when Mr. Huntingdon finds a portrait she drew in Chapter 18?
6. When the Lowboroughs come to visit at Grassdale, how does Mr. Huntingdon embarrass Helen?
7. In Chapter 9, what gossip does Eliza share?
8. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
9. What do Mrs. Graham and Mrs. Markham argue about in Chapter 4?
10. What happens when Mr. Markham gives Mrs. Graham a book in Chapter 8?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)