|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
(b) Bad investments.
(d) A divorce.
2. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) To go to see church.
(b) To see Mrs. Graham.
(c) To speak with his mother.
(d) To talk to Eliza.
3. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) He overhears their conversation.
(b) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
(c) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
(d) Rose confirms the rumor.
4. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
(a) That he thinks she is foolish.
(b) That he wants to protect her.
(c) That he is sorry.
(d) That he will hurt whoever is spreading the rumors.
5. In Chapter 26, what embarrasses Helen?
(a) Mr. Huntingdon's drinking.
(b) Her pregnant stomach.
(c) Mr. Huntingdon's flirting with Lady Lowborough.
(d) Her outdated clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
3. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
5. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Markham disagree with Mr. Markham's relationship with Eliza?
2. In Chapter 1, what is Mr. Markham's living arrangement?
3. How does Helen react when Mr. Huntingdon finds a portrait she drew in Chapter 18?
4. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mrs. Graham in Chapter 10?
5. What happens during the trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
6. In Chapter 13, what bothers Mr. Markham about visiting Mr. Wilson?
7. In Chapter 18, what is the relationship between Mr. Huntingdon and Annabella?
8. In Chapter 21, how do Mr. Huntingdon's friends react to his engagement to Helen?
9. How does Helen convince her family to let her marry Mr. Huntingdon?
10. What happens when Mr. Markham returns to Mrs. Graham's house in Chapter 12?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)