|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
(a) A painting.
(b) A poem.
(c) A letter.
(d) A song.
2. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
(b) The best seat.
3. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
(a) Because she loves someone else.
(b) Because of Annabella's love for him.
(c) Because she is mad at him.
(d) Because she wants her uncle's approval.
4. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
5. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his title.
(b) For his land.
(c) For his money.
(d) For his good looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, how does Mr. Huntingdon act while at home?
2. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
3. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
4. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
5. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham about the rumors about her?
2. How does Mr. Markham treat Mr. Lawrence after he overhears him talking with Mrs. Graham about their affair?
3. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon tells Helen stories about his past after they are married?
4. What happens when Helen and Mr. Huntingdon travel to London?
5. What happens during the trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
6. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham talk to Mr. Lawrence about?
7. In Chapter 22, how does Mr. Huntingdon admit to being a bad influence on Lord Lowborough?
8. In Chapter 9, what gossip does Eliza share?
9. In Chapter 1, what is Mr. Markham's living arrangement?
10. What happens to Mr. Huntingdon after Helen gives birth to a son?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)