|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because it's too dark.
(b) Because it's under construction.
(c) Because it's too drafty.
(d) Because there isn't a fireplace.
2. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
(a) Next year.
(b) The following day.
(c) Within a month.
(d) When she feels like it.
3. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
(a) She is going to marry for money.
(b) She is going to marry for love.
(c) She is going to travel before she marries.
(d) She is not going to marry anyone.
4. In Chapter 26, what embarrasses Helen?
(a) Mr. Huntingdon's drinking.
(b) Her outdated clothing.
(c) Her pregnant stomach.
(d) Mr. Huntingdon's flirting with Lady Lowborough.
5. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
(a) A whip.
(b) A book.
(c) A riding crop.
(d) A stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
2. What season is it in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
4. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
5. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what is the relationship between Mr. Huntingdon and Annabella?
2. What happens during the trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
3. What happens when Helen and Mr. Huntingdon travel to London?
4. How does Helen convince her family to let her marry Mr. Huntingdon?
5. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mrs. Graham in Chapter 10?
6. In Chapter 4, why does Mrs. Graham say she can't visit other families in town?
7. What happens when Mr. Markham gives Mrs. Graham a book in Chapter 8?
8. How does Mrs. Graham try to explain her relationship with Mr. Lawrence to Mr. Markham?
9. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham talk to Mr. Lawrence about?
10. How does Mr. Markham react to the gossip about Mrs. Graham in Chapter 9?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)