|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is appalled.
(d) She is pleased.
2. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
(a) For her title.
(b) For her good looks.
(c) For her father's business.
(d) For her money.
3. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) He overhears their conversation.
(b) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
(c) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
(d) Rose confirms the rumor.
4. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
5. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
(a) Not to marry a man who is interested in her looks.
(b) To have her father approve of the man before marriage.
(c) Not to marry a man who is wealthy.
(d) To only marry a wealthy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
3. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
5. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Helen and Mr. Huntingdon travel to London?
2. In Chapter 1, what is Mr. Markham's living arrangement?
3. When the Lowboroughs come to visit at Grassdale, how does Mr. Huntingdon embarrass Helen?
4. In Chapter 4, why does Mrs. Graham say she can't visit other families in town?
5. In Chapter 13, what bothers Mr. Markham about visiting Mr. Wilson?
6. In Chapter 21, how do Mr. Huntingdon's friends react to his engagement to Helen?
7. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mrs. Graham in Chapter 10?
8. How does Helen react when Mr. Huntingdon finds a portrait she drew in Chapter 18?
9. How does Helen convince her family to let her marry Mr. Huntingdon?
10. How does Mrs. Graham try to explain her relationship with Mr. Lawrence to Mr. Markham?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)