|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
(a) His relationship with Mrs. Graham.
(b) His financial situation.
(c) What gossip he has heard.
(d) The rooms he has for rent.
2. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his land.
(b) For his good looks.
(c) For his money.
(d) For his title.
3. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
(a) Because Helen asks him to.
(b) Because he has a business opportunity there.
(c) Because Helen isn't talking to him.
(d) Because he has family there.
4. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
(a) He rips it.
(b) He laughs at it.
(c) He keeps it.
(d) He pretends like he didn't actually see it.
5. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
(a) A painting.
(b) A letter.
(c) A song.
(d) A poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Chapter 16 take place?
2. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
4. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
5. Why does Mr. Huntingdon send Helen home from London before himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 22, how does Mr. Huntingdon admit to being a bad influence on Lord Lowborough?
2. Why does Mrs. Graham organize a trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
3. When the Lowboroughs come to visit at Grassdale, how does Mr. Huntingdon embarrass Helen?
4. What role does Helen's aunt play in her love life in Chapter 16?
5. In Chapter 4, why does Mrs. Graham say she can't visit other families in town?
6. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
7. How does Helen react when Mr. Huntingdon finds a portrait she drew in Chapter 18?
8. What happens to Mr. Huntingdon after Helen gives birth to a son?
9. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham talk to Mr. Lawrence about?
10. What happens when Mr. Markham returns to Mrs. Graham's house in Chapter 12?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)