|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
(a) The size.
(b) The type of paint.
(c) The signatures.
(d) The frames.
3. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
(a) Move to London.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Have a hunting trip.
(d) Buy a second house.
4. When does Chapter 16 take place?
(a) One year earlier.
(b) Four years earlier.
(c) Six years earlier.
(d) Two years earlier.
5. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his title.
(b) For his money.
(c) For his good looks.
(d) For his land.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
3. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
5. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mrs. Graham in Chapter 10?
2. What happens during the trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Mrs. Markham disagree with Mr. Markham's relationship with Eliza?
4. What is Mr. Markham's first impression of Mrs. Graham?
5. What happens to Mr. Huntingdon after Helen gives birth to a son?
6. In Chapter 22, how does Mr. Huntingdon admit to being a bad influence on Lord Lowborough?
7. What happens when Mr. Markham returns to Mrs. Graham's house in Chapter 12?
8. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Huntingdon?
9. When the Lowboroughs come to visit at Grassdale, how does Mr. Huntingdon embarrass Helen?
10. In Chapter 13, what bothers Mr. Markham about visiting Mr. Wilson?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)