|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what embarrasses Helen?
(a) Mr. Huntingdon's flirting with Lady Lowborough.
(b) Her outdated clothing.
(c) Her pregnant stomach.
(d) Mr. Huntingdon's drinking.
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) Like he is proud.
(b) Like he is angry.
(c) Like he is ashamed.
(d) Like he is sad.
3. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The art studio.
(d) The garden.
4. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He thanks him.
(b) He refuses the help.
(c) He hits him again.
(d) He walks away.
5. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
(a) She turns them around.
(b) She leaves the room.
(c) She offers to sell them to him.
(d) She laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
2. Why does Helen dislike Mr. Boarham?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
4. Why does Mr. Huntingdon send Helen home from London before himself?
5. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham say to Helen after reading her diary?
2. How does Helen react when Mr. Huntingdon finds a portrait she drew in Chapter 18?
3. How does Mr. Hargrave try to win Helen's affections?
4. How does Helen get her son to stop drinking alcohol?
5. Why does Mrs. Markham disagree with Mr. Markham's relationship with Eliza?
6. How does Helen discover her husband's affair with Lady Lowborough?
7. How does Helen explain her return to Mr. Huntingdon?
8. In Chapter 18, what is the relationship between Mr. Huntingdon and Annabella?
9. What happens during the trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
10. How does Helen convince her family to let her marry Mr. Huntingdon?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)