|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
(a) His relationship with Mrs. Graham.
(b) The rooms he has for rent.
(c) His financial situation.
(d) What gossip he has heard.
2. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
(a) She is uneducated.
(b) She is too religious.
(c) She is too demanding.
(d) She is less pretty each day.
3. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
(b) She just walks away.
4. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
(a) Started stealing.
(b) Moved to the country.
(c) Began drinking.
(d) Divorced his wife.
5. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because she won't treat him well.
(b) Because of her father.
(c) Because he's too young.
(d) Because she is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
2. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
4. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
5. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Helen and Mr. Huntingdon travel to London?
2. How does Helen react when Mr. Huntingdon finds a portrait she drew in Chapter 18?
3. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon tells Helen stories about his past after they are married?
4. In Chapter 4, why does Mrs. Graham say she can't visit other families in town?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham talk to Mr. Lawrence about?
6. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Huntingdon?
7. What role does Helen's aunt play in her love life in Chapter 16?
8. In Chapter 1, what is Mr. Markham's living arrangement?
9. Why does Mrs. Markham disagree with Mr. Markham's relationship with Eliza?
10. In Chapter 13, what bothers Mr. Markham about visiting Mr. Wilson?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)