|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because there isn't a fireplace.
(b) Because it's under construction.
(c) Because it's too drafty.
(d) Because it's too dark.
2. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She is entertained.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is confused.
3. Why does Mr. Huntingdon send Helen home from London before himself?
(a) Because they were arguing.
(b) Because he has business.
(c) Because she is boring.
(d) Because it is cheaper.
4. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he needs the money.
(b) Because he is bored.
(c) Because he is upset.
(d) Because he wants a promotion.
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
(a) She shows it to him.
(b) He looks through her work.
(c) He visits unexpectedly.
(d) Helen's aunt shows it to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
3. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
4. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
5. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what gossip does Eliza share?
2. What happens when Mr. Markham returns to Mrs. Graham's house in Chapter 12?
3. In Chapter 18, what is the relationship between Mr. Huntingdon and Annabella?
4. What do Mrs. Graham and Mrs. Markham argue about in Chapter 4?
5. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
6. Why does Mrs. Graham organize a trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
7. In Chapter 22, what do Helen and Mr. Huntingdon say about Annabella and Lord Lowborough?
8. What happens when Mr. Markham gives Mrs. Graham a book in Chapter 8?
9. What happens during the trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
10. What happens to Mr. Huntingdon after Helen gives birth to a son?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)