|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his money.
(b) For his land.
(c) For his good looks.
(d) For his title.
2. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
(a) Stories about his drinking.
(b) Stories about his travels.
(c) Stories of past romances.
(d) Stories of his gambling.
3. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
(a) His financial situation.
(b) What gossip he has heard.
(c) The rooms he has for rent.
(d) His relationship with Mrs. Graham.
4. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) On the back of another drawing.
(b) On a napkin.
(c) In her diary.
(d) In the corner of a still-life.
5. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
(a) Mrs. Markham.
(c) Mr. Millward.
(d) Mr. Markham.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
2. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
3. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
4. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what gossip does Eliza share?
2. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
3. What happens when Helen and Mr. Huntingdon travel to London?
4. In Chapter 22, how does Mr. Huntingdon admit to being a bad influence on Lord Lowborough?
5. What happens during the trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
6. What happens to Mr. Huntingdon after Helen gives birth to a son?
7. What role does Helen's aunt play in her love life in Chapter 16?
8. How does Helen convince her family to let her marry Mr. Huntingdon?
9. Why does Mrs. Markham disagree with Mr. Markham's relationship with Eliza?
10. What do Mrs. Graham and Mrs. Markham argue about in Chapter 4?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)