|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A fish.
(d) A sheep.
3. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
(a) A stick.
(b) A whip.
(c) A book.
(d) A riding crop.
4. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
(a) Because he has family there.
(b) Because he has a business opportunity there.
(c) Because Helen asks him to.
(d) Because Helen isn't talking to him.
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
(a) He visits unexpectedly.
(b) He looks through her work.
(c) She shows it to him.
(d) Helen's aunt shows it to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
2. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
3. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 25, how long do the Huntingdons spend in London?
5. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what is the relationship between Mr. Huntingdon and Annabella?
2. How does Helen convince her family to let her marry Mr. Huntingdon?
3. How does Mr. Markham react to the gossip about Mrs. Graham in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 12, what does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham about the rumors about her?
5. In Chapter 13, what bothers Mr. Markham about visiting Mr. Wilson?
6. What do Mrs. Graham and Mrs. Markham argue about in Chapter 4?
7. Why does Mrs. Markham disagree with Mr. Markham's relationship with Eliza?
8. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon tells Helen stories about his past after they are married?
9. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mrs. Graham in Chapter 10?
10. What role does Helen's aunt play in her love life in Chapter 16?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)