|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) To speak with his mother.
(b) To see Mrs. Graham.
(c) To talk to Eliza.
(d) To go to see church.
2. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
(a) Bad investments.
(d) A divorce.
3. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
(a) Move to London.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Have a hunting trip.
(d) Buy a second house.
4. When does Chapter 16 take place?
(a) One year earlier.
(b) Two years earlier.
(c) Six years earlier.
(d) Four years earlier.
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
(a) He visits unexpectedly.
(b) He looks through her work.
(c) She shows it to him.
(d) Helen's aunt shows it to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
2. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
4. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
5. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Helen and Mr. Huntingdon travel to London?
2. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon tells Helen stories about his past after they are married?
3. When the Lowboroughs come to visit at Grassdale, how does Mr. Huntingdon embarrass Helen?
4. What is Mr. Markham's first impression of Mrs. Graham?
5. In Chapter 4, why does Mrs. Graham say she can't visit other families in town?
6. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham talk to Mr. Lawrence about?
7. What happens during the trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
8. In Chapter 22, what do Helen and Mr. Huntingdon say about Annabella and Lord Lowborough?
9. In Chapter 1, what is Mr. Markham's living arrangement?
10. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Huntingdon?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)