|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In her diary.
(b) On the back of another drawing.
(c) On a napkin.
(d) In the corner of a still-life.
2. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He walks away.
(b) He hits him again.
(c) He thanks him.
(d) He refuses the help.
3. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
(a) Because he needs help.
(b) Because Mr. Markham called him over.
(c) Because his mother sent him.
(d) Because of his dog.
4. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
(a) Move to London.
(b) Have a hunting trip.
(c) Buy a second house.
(d) Write a novel.
5. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
(a) For her money.
(b) For her good looks.
(c) For her title.
(d) For her father's business.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, how long do the Huntingdons spend in London?
2. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
3. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
4. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
5. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Markham treat Mr. Lawrence after he overhears him talking with Mrs. Graham about their affair?
2. What happens to Mr. Huntingdon after Helen gives birth to a son?
3. In Chapter 1, what is Mr. Markham's living arrangement?
4. What happens when Mr. Markham returns to Mrs. Graham's house in Chapter 12?
5. How does Helen react when Mr. Huntingdon finds a portrait she drew in Chapter 18?
6. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham talk to Mr. Lawrence about?
7. When the Lowboroughs come to visit at Grassdale, how does Mr. Huntingdon embarrass Helen?
8. What happens during the trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
9. In Chapter 21, how do Mr. Huntingdon's friends react to his engagement to Helen?
10. In Chapter 22, how does Mr. Huntingdon admit to being a bad influence on Lord Lowborough?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)