|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) She just walks away.
2. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because he is old.
(b) Because he is poor.
(c) Because of his mother.
(d) Because of his habits.
3. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
(a) He sees her himself.
(b) From his friend.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his sister.
4. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
(a) Stories of his gambling.
(b) Stories of past romances.
(c) Stories about his drinking.
(d) Stories about his travels.
5. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
(a) Next year.
(b) The following day.
(c) Within a month.
(d) When she feels like it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
2. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
3. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
4. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen react when Mr. Huntingdon finds a portrait she drew in Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 18, what is the relationship between Mr. Huntingdon and Annabella?
3. In Chapter 21, how do Mr. Huntingdon's friends react to his engagement to Helen?
4. What happens when Helen and Mr. Huntingdon travel to London?
5. In Chapter 9, what gossip does Eliza share?
6. When the Lowboroughs come to visit at Grassdale, how does Mr. Huntingdon embarrass Helen?
7. How does Mrs. Graham try to explain her relationship with Mr. Lawrence to Mr. Markham?
8. What role does Helen's aunt play in her love life in Chapter 16?
9. In Chapter 13, what bothers Mr. Markham about visiting Mr. Wilson?
10. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Huntingdon?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)