|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his title.
(b) For his money.
(c) For his land.
(d) For his good looks.
2. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
(a) That it rules her life.
(b) That it is gone.
(c) That it has been damaged.
(d) That it is good.
3. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because it's too dark.
(b) Because there isn't a fireplace.
(c) Because it's too drafty.
(d) Because it's under construction.
4. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
(a) To hunt.
(b) Because they owe him money.
(c) Because he is sick.
(d) To meet Helen.
5. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
(a) Because someone else asks first.
(b) Because her son carries them.
(c) Because she carries them herself.
(d) Because he is too shy to ask.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
2. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
3. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
4. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
5. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Graham try to explain her relationship with Mr. Lawrence to Mr. Markham?
2. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon tells Helen stories about his past after they are married?
3. In Chapter 18, what is the relationship between Mr. Huntingdon and Annabella?
4. In Chapter 22, what do Helen and Mr. Huntingdon say about Annabella and Lord Lowborough?
5. Why does Mrs. Markham disagree with Mr. Markham's relationship with Eliza?
6. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham talk to Mr. Lawrence about?
7. When the Lowboroughs come to visit at Grassdale, how does Mr. Huntingdon embarrass Helen?
8. How does Helen convince her family to let her marry Mr. Huntingdon?
9. What role does Helen's aunt play in her love life in Chapter 16?
10. In Chapter 13, what bothers Mr. Markham about visiting Mr. Wilson?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)