|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
(a) Her uncle's.
(b) Mr. Wilmot's.
(c) Mr. Boarham's.
(d) Mr. Huntingdon's.
2. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
(a) To have her father approve of the man before marriage.
(b) Not to marry a man who is wealthy.
(c) Not to marry a man who is interested in her looks.
(d) To only marry a wealthy man.
3. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A fish.
(d) A sheep.
4. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
(a) He laughs at it.
(b) He keeps it.
(c) He pretends like he didn't actually see it.
(d) He rips it.
5. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
(a) Because he is sick.
(b) To meet Helen.
(c) To hunt.
(d) Because they owe him money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what embarrasses Helen?
2. When does Chapter 16 take place?
3. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
4. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
5. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Helen's aunt play in her love life in Chapter 16?
2. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
3. When the Lowboroughs come to visit at Grassdale, how does Mr. Huntingdon embarrass Helen?
4. What happens when Mr. Markham gives Mrs. Graham a book in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 22, how does Mr. Huntingdon admit to being a bad influence on Lord Lowborough?
6. In Chapter 12, what does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham about the rumors about her?
7. How does Helen convince her family to let her marry Mr. Huntingdon?
8. Why does Mrs. Markham disagree with Mr. Markham's relationship with Eliza?
9. How does Mr. Markham react to the gossip about Mrs. Graham in Chapter 9?
10. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon tells Helen stories about his past after they are married?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)