|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In the corner of a still-life.
(b) In her diary.
(c) On a napkin.
(d) On the back of another drawing.
2. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
(a) So he can laugh.
(b) So she will feel better.
(c) So he knows the truth.
(d) So he will stop loving her.
3. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
(a) Write a novel.
(b) Move to London.
(c) Buy a second house.
(d) Have a hunting trip.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
(a) Thanks him.
(b) Says nothing.
(c) Gives him a book in return.
(d) Asks to pay for it.
5. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
(a) Mr. Huntingdon's.
(b) Mr. Boarham's.
(c) Mr. Wilmot's.
(d) Her uncle's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
2. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
3. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
4. In Chapter 27, when does Mr. Huntingdon kiss Lady Lowborough's hand?
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham about the rumors about her?
2. What happens when Mr. Markham gives Mrs. Graham a book in Chapter 8?
3. What happens when Mr. Markham returns to Mrs. Graham's house in Chapter 12?
4. What happens when Helen and Mr. Huntingdon travel to London?
5. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Huntingdon?
6. What role does Helen's aunt play in her love life in Chapter 16?
7. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon tells Helen stories about his past after they are married?
8. In Chapter 4, why does Mrs. Graham say she can't visit other families in town?
9. In Chapter 9, what gossip does Eliza share?
10. In Chapter 1, what is Mr. Markham's living arrangement?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)