|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The garden.
(c) The art studio.
(d) The kitchen.
2. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
(a) Move to London.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Have a hunting trip.
(d) Buy a second house.
3. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
(a) He sees her himself.
(b) From his friend.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his sister.
4. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
(a) That they are funny.
(b) That they are true.
(c) That they are hurting him, too.
(d) That they are false.
5. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because he is poor.
(b) Because of his mother.
(c) Because of his habits.
(d) Because he is old.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
2. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
4. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
5. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Helen's letters, what happens to Mr. Huntingdon in Chapter 49?
2. What happens when Mr. Huntingdon tells Helen stories about his past after they are married?
3. Why does Mrs. Markham disagree with Mr. Markham's relationship with Eliza?
4. In Chapter 34, what happens when Helen confronts Lady Lowborough?
5. In Chapter 48, what does Helen write in a letter?
6. In Chapter 33, what does Helen overhear?
7. What does Mr. Markham say to Mr. Lawrence after reading Helen's diary?
8. In Chapter 1, what is Mr. Markham's living arrangement?
9. How does Helen convince her family to let her marry Mr. Huntingdon?
10. What role does Helen's aunt play in her love life in Chapter 16?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)