Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
(a) To plan a vacation.
(b) To tell him a story.
(c) To help him out.
(d) To ask for money.
2. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
(a) Within a month.
(b) The following day.
(c) When she feels like it.
(d) Next year.
3. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
(a) Buy a second house.
(b) Have a hunting trip.
(c) Move to London.
(d) Write a novel.
4. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The caves.
(c) The shore.
(d) The city.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
2. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
3. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
4. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what bothers Helen about Lady Lowborough when she visits to hunt?
2. In Chapter 33, what does Helen overhear?
3. In Chapter 22, what do Helen and Mr. Huntingdon say about Annabella and Lord Lowborough?
4. What does Mr. Markham say to Helen after reading her diary?
5. How does Mr. Markham treat Mr. Lawrence after he overhears him talking with Mrs. Graham about their affair?
6. According to Helen's letters, what happens to Mr. Huntingdon in Chapter 49?
7. What happens to Mr. Huntingdon after Helen gives birth to a son?
8. What does Mr. Huntingdon do after reading Helen's diary?
9. In Chapter 9, what gossip does Eliza share?
10. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)