|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
(a) To meet Helen.
(b) Because they owe him money.
(c) Because he is sick.
(d) To hunt.
2. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because he is poor.
(b) Because of his mother.
(c) Because he is old.
(d) Because of his habits.
3. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
(a) She is pleased.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She is appalled.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A fish.
5. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
2. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
3. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
5. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Huntingdon?
2. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
3. Why does Mrs. Markham disagree with Mr. Markham's relationship with Eliza?
4. How does Mr. Markham treat Mr. Lawrence after he overhears him talking with Mrs. Graham about their affair?
5. In Chapter 21, how do Mr. Huntingdon's friends react to his engagement to Helen?
6. How does Mr. Markham react to the gossip about Mrs. Graham in Chapter 9?
7. What happens when Mr. Markham returns to Mrs. Graham's house in Chapter 12?
8. How does Helen react when Mr. Huntingdon finds a portrait she drew in Chapter 18?
9. In Chapter 22, how does Mr. Huntingdon admit to being a bad influence on Lord Lowborough?
10. Why does Mrs. Graham organize a trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)