|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) Like he is sad.
(b) Like he is proud.
(c) Like he is ashamed.
(d) Like he is angry.
2. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To have tea.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To work.
(d) To see Eliza.
3. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is entertained.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She is outraged.
4. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her education.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her accent.
5. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
2. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
3. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
4. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
5. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen react when Mr. Huntingdon finds a portrait she drew in Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 13, what bothers Mr. Markham about visiting Mr. Wilson?
3. In Chapter 1, what is Mr. Markham's living arrangement?
4. Why does Mrs. Markham disagree with Mr. Markham's relationship with Eliza?
5. In Chapter 21, how do Mr. Huntingdon's friends react to his engagement to Helen?
6. In Chapter 4, why does Mrs. Graham say she can't visit other families in town?
7. What happens when Mr. Markham returns to Mrs. Graham's house in Chapter 12?
8. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
9. In Chapter 12, what does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham about the rumors about her?
10. How does Helen convince her family to let her marry Mr. Huntingdon?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)