|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
(a) She is appalled.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She is embarrassed.
2. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
(a) Because she carries them herself.
(b) Because her son carries them.
(c) Because someone else asks first.
(d) Because he is too shy to ask.
3. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because he's too young.
(b) Because of her father.
(c) Because she won't treat him well.
(d) Because she is poor.
4. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) Rose confirms the rumor.
(b) He overhears their conversation.
(c) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
(d) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
5. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
(a) So he will stop loving her.
(b) So he can laugh.
(c) So she will feel better.
(d) So he knows the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
2. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
4. When does Chapter 16 take place?
5. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Markham returns to Mrs. Graham's house in Chapter 12?
2. What happens to Mr. Huntingdon after Helen gives birth to a son?
3. How does Mrs. Graham try to explain her relationship with Mr. Lawrence to Mr. Markham?
4. In Chapter 31, what does Helen notice about Lord Lowborough?
5. In Chapter 46, what does Mr. Lawrence tell Mr. Markham about Helen?
6. In Chapter 33, what does Helen overhear?
7. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen?
8. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham talk to Mr. Lawrence about?
9. In Chapter 18, what is the relationship between Mr. Huntingdon and Annabella?
10. According to Helen's letters, what happens to Mr. Huntingdon in Chapter 49?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)