|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
(a) They can't spend much money.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) It isn't long enough.
(d) They don't go out on the town.
2. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a shopowner.
(d) He is a vicar.
3. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
4. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
(a) The town's center.
(b) The farm lands.
(c) The library.
(d) The pub.
5. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
2. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
3. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
4. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
5. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Helen and Mr. Huntingdon travel to London?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham talk to Mr. Lawrence about?
3. Why does Mrs. Markham disagree with Mr. Markham's relationship with Eliza?
4. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mrs. Graham in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 22, what do Helen and Mr. Huntingdon say about Annabella and Lord Lowborough?
6. What role does Helen's aunt play in her love life in Chapter 16?
7. In Chapter 9, what gossip does Eliza share?
8. What happens when Mr. Markham gives Mrs. Graham a book in Chapter 8?
9. Why does Mrs. Graham organize a trip to the shore in Chapter 7?
10. In Chapter 12, what does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham about the rumors about her?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)