|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 36, what happens when Helen asks about Mr. Huntingdon's health?
(a) He is rude to her.
(b) He breaks down crying.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He hugs her.
2. When Helen first arrives at Wildfell Hall, what does she note there isn't a lot of?
3. Why does Mr. Hattersley try to hit Mr. Hargrave?
(a) For interfering with his argument.
(b) Because he thinks he is someone else.
(c) For talking to his wife.
(d) Because he is drunk.
4. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
(a) Because he was drinking.
(b) Because she was talking to Mr. Hargrave.
(c) Because he read her mail.
(d) Because she started painting again.
5. What does Frederick say about Helen staying at Wildfell Hall in Chapter 41?
(a) That she will need to clean the place.
(b) That she should try to make her marriage work first.
(c) That she will be much happier.
(d) That he doesn't want her there.
6. In Chapter 35, when does Helen find Lady Lowborough awaiting Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) After dinner.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) In the morning.
7. In Chapter 30, why doesn't Helen talk to Mr. Huntingdon about his lying?
(a) Because he is angry.
(b) Because she is afraid.
(c) Because he is ill.
(d) Because she falls asleep.
8. What does Mr. Huntingdon fear in Chapter 48?
(a) Losing his wife.
(b) Losing his son.
(c) Going broke.
9. Who does Eliza marry?
(a) A writer.
(b) A tradesman.
(c) An lawyer.
(d) A preacher.
10. After Mr. Huntingdon takes most of Helen's money and belongings, what does he leave her?
(c) A piano.
11. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
12. How does Mr. Walter Hargrave try to win over Helen?
(a) By playing with her son.
(b) By complimenting her house.
(c) By bringing her presents.
(d) By making fun of her husband.
13. In Chapter 30, where does Mr. Huntingdon go for the fall?
14. Where does Helen want to go with her son in Chapter 39?
(b) The United States.
(d) European continent.
15. Where does Helen's diary end?
(a) With her son getting a dog.
(b) With her aunt sending her money.
(c) With her husband sending her a note.
(d) With her meeting new friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 50, how long does Mr. Markham say he must wait before speaking to Helen?
2. What does Helen do when Lady Lowborough shows up to hunt in Chapter 38?
3. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
4. Which Lowborough child does Mr. Markham believe is Mr. Huntingdon's?
5. Why does Mr. Markham want to tell his family the truth about Helen?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)