|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mr. Mark want Mr. Lawrence visiting with the Wilsons?
(a) Because they dislike Mr. Lawrence.
(b) Because they dislike Mr. Markham.
(c) Because of their fallen reputation.
(d) Because of the gossip they spread.
2. In Chapter 41, what does Helen do while her husband is in London?
(a) Starts painting again.
(b) Buys train tickets.
(c) Finds her hidden jewelry.
(d) Gets her son to stop drinking alcohol.
3. In Chapter 48, what does Helen wish for Miss Hargrave?
(a) That she move away.
(b) That she marry.
(c) That she earn her own money.
(d) That she forgives her brother.
4. Who does Mr. Huntingdon question when he realizes Helen is gone?
(a) Her brother.
(c) Mr. Hargrave.
(d) Her aunt.
5. In Chapter 51, who tells Mr. Markham they heard that Helen is getting married?
(a) Mr. Lawrence.
(c) Mr. Hattersley.
6. How does Mr. Markham learn that Helen returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) From Eliza's sister.
(b) In a letter from Helen.
(c) In a letter from Mr. Huntingdon.
(d) In a letter to Mr. Lawrence.
7. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
(a) To her aunt's.
8. What does Helen admit stands in the way of her marrying Mr. Markham in Chapter 53?
(a) His money.
(b) Her brother.
(d) Her religion.
9. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Huntingdon demand of Helen?
(a) That she cook all his meals.
(b) That she hire help.
(c) That she stay by his side.
(d) That she go to church for him.
10. When Helen first arrives at Wildfell Hall, what does she note there isn't a lot of?
11. Where does Helen's diary end?
(a) With her aunt sending her money.
(b) With her son getting a dog.
(c) With her husband sending her a note.
(d) With her meeting new friends.
12. Where does Helen want to go with her son in Chapter 39?
(b) European continent.
(d) The United States.
13. What does Mr. Huntingdon ask Helen to help him do in Chapter 49?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Earn money.
(c) Stop drinking.
(d) Redeem himself.
14. What does Lord Lowborough do after learning about his wife's affair?
(a) He argues with Helen.
(b) He goes to London alone.
(c) He returns home.
(d) He has a fight with Mr. Huntingdon.
15. In Chapter 50, where does Helen go after Staningley?
(a) Mr. Markham isn't sure.
(b) To visit the Hattersley.
(c) The shore.
(d) To the continent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 37, why does Helen turn down Mr. Hargrave's offer of an affair?
2. Who does Eliza marry?
3. Why does Jane Wilson move to the city?
4. What does Mr. Markham do when he hears about Helen's wedding in Chapter 51?
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen in Chapter 36?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)