|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
(c) To her aunt's.
2. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
(a) By showing her letters from his sisters.
(b) By saying her husband is having one.
(c) By telling her the Bible says it's alright.
(d) By giving her drinks.
3. When do Helen and Mr. Markham agree to be married?
(a) In the fall.
(b) In the winter.
(c) In the summer.
(d) In the spring.
4. Who does Helen write to to have them prepare Wildfell Hall for her?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her aunt.
5. When Lady Lowborough visits in Chapter 31, how does Helen feel about her?
6. Who does Mr. Huntingdon question when he realizes Helen is gone?
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Mr. Hargrave.
7. In Chapter 37, why does Helen turn down Mr. Hargrave's offer of an affair?
(a) Because she wants to protect her son.
(b) Because she still loves her husband.
(c) Because she is legally married.
(d) Because she dislikes him.
8. In Chapter 30, why doesn't Helen talk to Mr. Huntingdon about his lying?
(a) Because she is afraid.
(b) Because he is ill.
(c) Because she falls asleep.
(d) Because he is angry.
9. What does Helen admit to doing in Chapter 30?
(a) Hiding from her marriage.
(b) Drinking at night.
(c) Reading Mr. Huntingdon's mail.
(d) Laughing at her husband.
10. Why does Mr. Markham only know a few things about Helen in Chapter 46?
(a) Mr. Markham had been sick.
(b) She stopped keeping a diary.
(c) Helen revealed she had been lying.
(d) Mr. Lawrence doesn't talk about her.
11. In Chapter 43, who does Mr. Huntingdon hire?
(a) A maid.
(b) A butler.
(c) A governess.
(d) A cook.
12. When Lord Lowborough finds out about his wife's affair, what does his friend suggest?
(a) That the leave immediately.
(d) A dual.
13. Who does Eliza marry?
(a) A tradesman.
(b) A preacher.
(c) A writer.
(d) An lawyer.
14. What does Helen do when Lady Lowborough shows up to hunt in Chapter 38?
(a) She greets her kindly.
(b) She threatens her.
(c) She sends her home.
(d) She ignores her.
15. What does Mr. Markham do when he hears about Helen's wedding in Chapter 51?
(a) Takes a coach to Staningley.
(b) Rushes home.
(c) Runs to a telegram office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen learn about her husband stopping drinking in Chapter 33?
2. What does Lord Lowborough do after learning about his wife's affair?
3. In Chapter 32, how does Mr. Hattersley upset his wife?
4. In Chapter 39, what worries Helen about her son?
5. How does Mr. Markham learn that Helen returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)