|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 42, what makes Helen believe she can stay in her marriage?
(a) Her husband's new attitude.
(b) Her husband quit drinking.
(c) Her son asks her to.
(d) The amount of time her husband is gone.
2. In Chapter 49, how does Mr. Markham learn about Helen?
(a) From her letters to her brother.
(b) From a telegram from Mr. Huntingdon.
(c) From her brother.
(d) From letters to him.
3. In Chapter 43, who does Mr. Huntingdon hire?
(a) A maid.
(b) A butler.
(c) A governess.
(d) A cook.
4. How does Mr. Markham learn that Helen returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In a letter from Mr. Huntingdon.
(b) In a letter to Mr. Lawrence.
(c) From Eliza's sister.
(d) In a letter from Helen.
5. In Chapter 32, why does Milicent want Helen to advise his sister on marriage?
(a) Because he doesn't want her to end up like Helen.
(b) Because he wants her to be picky.
(c) Because he thinks Helen is kind.
(d) Because she trusts Helen.
6. How does Mr. Markham believe Mr. Lawrence reacts to his advice about the Wilsons?
(a) He gets laughted at.
(b) He feels ignored.
(c) He knows Mr. Lawrence believes him.
(d) He isn't sure.
7. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
(a) To her aunt's.
8. When do Helen and Mr. Markham agree to be married?
(a) In the summer.
(b) In the fall.
(c) In the spring.
(d) In the winter.
9. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen in Chapter 36?
(a) He yells at him to make the boy upset.
(b) He dresses him in terrible clothing.
(c) He teaches him to ignore his mother.
(d) He sends him away on vacation.
10. What does Lord Lowborough do after learning about his wife's affair?
(a) He returns home.
(b) He has a fight with Mr. Huntingdon.
(c) He goes to London alone.
(d) He argues with Helen.
11. At the end of Chapter 52, what does Mr. Markham decide to do?
(a) Write a poem for Helen.
(b) Get dinner with Eliza.
(c) Not visit Helen.
(d) Go home immediately.
12. When Helen first arrives at Wildfell Hall, what does she note there isn't a lot of?
13. In Chapter 46, why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Lawrence?
(a) To know how Helen is.
(b) Because Mr. Lawrence invites him.
(c) To be polite.
(d) To stay entertained.
14. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when Helen visits her sick brother?
(a) Throws a party.
(c) Leaves for London.
(d) Reads her diary.
15. In Chapter 41, what does Helen do while her husband is in London?
(a) Buys train tickets.
(b) Gets her son to stop drinking alcohol.
(c) Starts painting again.
(d) Finds her hidden jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon agree to let Helen do in Chapter 47?
2. Why does Jane Wilson move to the city?
3. In Chapter 52, what worries Mr. Markham about Helen's uncle's death?
4. Who tells Helen about Mr. Huntingdon and Lady Lowborough's relationship?
5. In Chapter 50, where does Helen go after Staningley?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)