Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Walter Hargrave try to win over Helen?
(a) By bringing her presents.
(b) By playing with her son.
(c) By making fun of her husband.
(d) By complimenting her house.
2. In Chapter 43, who does Mr. Huntingdon hire?
(a) A governess.
(b) A cook.
(c) A maid.
(d) A butler.
3. What does Helen admit stands in the way of her marrying Mr. Markham in Chapter 53?
(a) Her religion.
(c) Her brother.
(d) His money.
4. How does Helen sneak away from home to leave for Wildfell Hall?
(a) She waits until her husband is out of town.
(b) She goes in the middle of the night.
(c) She leaves early in the morning.
(d) She gets her husband drunk.
5. What does Helen do when Lady Lowborough shows up to hunt in Chapter 38?
(a) She sends her home.
(b) She threatens her.
(c) She greets her kindly.
(d) She ignores her.
6. Why does Jane Wilson move to the city?
(a) To work.
(b) To write a novel.
(c) To avoid her brother.
(d) To travel.
7. When does Mr. Lawrence plan on visiting the Wilsons in Chapter 46?
(a) For the summer.
(b) When he feels better.
(c) In the fall.
(d) As soon as Mr. Markham leaves his house.
8. In Chapter 52, what worries Mr. Markham about Helen's uncle's death?
(a) She is now wealthier than he is.
(b) Her uncle wanted her to move to the Americas.
(c) She may decide to stay unmarried.
(d) Helen was very close with her uncle.
9. When Lord Lowborough finds out about his wife's affair, what does his friend suggest?
(a) A dual.
(c) That the leave immediately.
10. Why does Helen begin planning to leave again in Chapter 43?
(a) Because her husband starts to drink again.
(b) Because her husband is spending all their money.
(c) Because her husband hires his mistress.
(d) Because she saves up enough money.
11. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
(a) By giving her drinks.
(b) By telling her the Bible says it's alright.
(c) By saying her husband is having one.
(d) By showing her letters from his sisters.
12. Who does Mr. Huntingdon question when he realizes Helen is gone?
(b) Mr. Hargrave.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her aunt.
13. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He writes to his uncle.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He leaves town.
14. Why does Mr. Hargrave offer Helen protection in Chapter 39?
(a) So she can still have an inheritance.
(b) So her son will be educated.
(c) So she can leave her husband.
(d) So she won't have to worry about Lady Lowborough.
15. What does Helen do when Mr. Hargrave offers her protection in Chapter 39?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She accepts it.
(c) She turns it down.
(d) She says she will talk to him about it later.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 33, who tries to tell Helen that her husband is being inappropriate?
2. Why does Mr. Markham want to tell his family the truth about Helen?
3. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
4. What does Lord Lowborough do after learning about his wife's affair?
5. In Chapter 52, why does Mr. Markham visit Staningley?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)