|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 33, who tries to tell Helen that her husband is being inappropriate?
(b) Mr. Hattersley.
(c) No one.
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon agree to let Helen do in Chapter 47?
(a) Earn her own money.
(b) Take Arthur away.
(c) Travel freely.
(d) Live in the house.
3. In Chapter 43, who does Mr. Huntingdon hire?
(a) A butler.
(b) A governess.
(c) A maid.
(d) A cook.
4. Why does Mr. Hargrave offer Helen protection in Chapter 39?
(a) So she won't have to worry about Lady Lowborough.
(b) So her son will be educated.
(c) So she can still have an inheritance.
(d) So she can leave her husband.
5. What does Mr. Markham do after reading Helen's diary?
(a) Promises to keep her safe.
(b) Apologizes to her.
(c) Takes back his confession of love.
(d) Meets with her brother.
6. In Chapter 52, why does Mr. Markham visit Staningley?
(a) Mr. Lawrence invites him.
(b) He heard it was empty.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Hargrave invite him.
(d) It is where Helen spends most of her time.
7. When Lady Lowborough visits in Chapter 31, how does Helen feel about her?
8. What does Mr. Huntingdon ask Helen to help him do in Chapter 49?
(a) Fall in love.
(b) Redeem himself.
(c) Earn money.
(d) Stop drinking.
9. In Chapter 30, where does Mr. Huntingdon go for the fall?
10. In Chapter 50, how long does Mr. Markham say he must wait before speaking to Helen?
(a) Three months.
(b) One month.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Six months.
11. What does Helen do when Mr. Hargrave offers her protection in Chapter 39?
(a) She accepts it.
(b) She turns it down.
(c) She says she will talk to him about it later.
(d) She ignores him.
12. In Chapter 50, why does Helen spend most of her time at Staningley?
(a) Because Mr. Huntingdon asked her to.
(b) Because of her uncle's death.
(c) Because of her exhaustion.
(d) Because she is vacationing.
13. In Chapter 29, why do the neighbors visit Helen?
(a) Because they are being polite.
(b) Because they need help marrying off a daughter.
(c) Because Helen invites them.
(d) Because Mr. Huntingdon is out of town.
14. What does Helen have Mr. Huntingdon do before seeing his son in Chapter 47?
(a) Sign a paper.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Agree to keep it short.
(d) Apologize to her.
15. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He writes to his uncle.
(c) He leaves town.
(d) He slaps her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Helen first arrives at Wildfell Hall, what does she note there isn't a lot of?
2. What does Helen do when Lady Lowborough shows up to hunt in Chapter 38?
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon fear in Chapter 48?
4. Where does Helen want to go with her son in Chapter 39?
5. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)