|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
(a) Because she started painting again.
(b) Because she was talking to Mr. Hargrave.
(c) Because he read her mail.
(d) Because he was drinking.
2. Who tells Helen about Mr. Huntingdon and Lady Lowborough's relationship?
(a) Lady Lowborough.
(b) Mr. Hargrave.
(c) Lord Lowborough.
3. In Chapter 33, who tries to tell Helen that her husband is being inappropriate?
(a) No one.
(c) Mr. Hattersley.
4. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
(a) To tell her husband.
(b) To stop being polite.
(c) To stop the affair.
(d) To go back home.
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when Helen visits her sick brother?
(a) Throws a party.
(c) Reads her diary.
(d) Leaves for London.
6. What does Helen have Mr. Huntingdon do before seeing his son in Chapter 47?
(a) Sign a paper.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Apologize to her.
(d) Agree to keep it short.
7. What does Mr. Markham do when he hears about Helen's wedding in Chapter 51?
(a) Runs to a telegram office.
(c) Rushes home.
(d) Takes a coach to Staningley.
8. Who does Mr. Huntingdon question when he realizes Helen is gone?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her aunt.
(d) Mr. Hargrave.
9. Why does Mr. Markham only know a few things about Helen in Chapter 46?
(a) Mr. Lawrence doesn't talk about her.
(b) Mr. Markham had been sick.
(c) She stopped keeping a diary.
(d) Helen revealed she had been lying.
10. In Chapter 30, where does Mr. Huntingdon go for the fall?
11. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
(a) He leaves town.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He writes to his uncle.
12. In Chapter 42, what makes Helen believe she can stay in her marriage?
(a) Her husband's new attitude.
(b) Her son asks her to.
(c) Her husband quit drinking.
(d) The amount of time her husband is gone.
13. In Chapter 35, what favor does Lady Lowborough ask of Helen?
(a) To keep Mr. Huntingdon from drinking.
(b) To travel without Mr. Huntingdon.
(c) To not tell her husband about the affair.
(d) To let her borrow a dress.
14. What does Frederick say about Helen staying at Wildfell Hall in Chapter 41?
(a) That she will be much happier.
(b) That she will need to clean the place.
(c) That he doesn't want her there.
(d) That she should try to make her marriage work first.
15. What does Mr. Huntingdon agree to let Helen do in Chapter 47?
(a) Travel freely.
(b) Live in the house.
(c) Earn her own money.
(d) Take Arthur away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen admit stands in the way of her marrying Mr. Markham in Chapter 53?
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon learn about his wife's plan to leave him?
3. In Chapter 48, what does Helen wish for Miss Hargrave?
4. In Chapter 37, why does Helen turn down Mr. Hargrave's offer of an affair?
5. What does Helen admit to doing in Chapter 30?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)