|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lord Lowborough act when he finds out about his wife's affair?
(a) He is content.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is angry.
2. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Huntingdon demand of Helen?
(a) That she stay by his side.
(b) That she cook all his meals.
(c) That she go to church for him.
(d) That she hire help.
3. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He writes to his uncle.
(c) He leaves town.
(d) He slaps her.
4. In Chapter 51, who tells Mr. Markham they heard that Helen is getting married?
(a) Mr. Lawrence.
(d) Mr. Hattersley.
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when Helen visits her sick brother?
(a) Leaves for London.
(b) Throws a party.
(d) Reads her diary.
6. Why is Mr. Hattersley in town in Chapter 42?
(a) For business.
(b) To visit his mother-in-law.
(c) To visit with Helen.
(d) Milicent asked him to come to town.
7. Where does Helen's diary end?
(a) With her husband sending her a note.
(b) With her meeting new friends.
(c) With her aunt sending her money.
(d) With her son getting a dog.
8. When do Helen and Mr. Markham agree to be married?
(a) In the summer.
(b) In the spring.
(c) In the winter.
(d) In the fall.
9. Who does Mr. Huntingdon question when he realizes Helen is gone?
(a) Mr. Hargrave.
(b) Her brother.
(d) Her aunt.
10. Who does Helen write to to have them prepare Wildfell Hall for her?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
11. In Chapter 39, what worries Helen about her son?
(a) He is no longer doing his lessons.
(b) He dresses like a pauper.
(c) He has been drinking with his father.
(d) He swears at her.
12. Where does Lady Lowborough run away to?
(c) The Americas.
13. When Helen first arrives at Wildfell Hall, what does she note there isn't a lot of?
14. In Chapter 35, when does Helen find Lady Lowborough awaiting Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In the morning.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) After dinner.
15. In Chapter 48, how does Helen describe her husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen begin planning to leave again in Chapter 43?
2. Why does Mr. Hattersley try to hit Mr. Hargrave?
3. In Chapter 31, why does Lord Lowborough spend his nights walking?
4. What does Mr. Huntingdon fear in Chapter 48?
5. How does Mr. Lawrence feel about asking Helen to allow Mr. Markham to tell her story to others?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)