|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
(a) He laughs at it.
(b) He keeps it.
(c) He rips it.
(d) He pretends like he didn't actually see it.
3. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
(a) Stories about his drinking.
(b) Stories of past romances.
(c) Stories about his travels.
(d) Stories of his gambling.
4. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
(a) Because she doesn't like the work.
(b) Because Mr. Huntingdon makes fun of them.
(c) Because her aunt tells her to.
(d) Because she is embarrassed.
5. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a vicar.
(c) He is a shopowner.
(d) He is a lawyer.
6. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
(d) The best seat.
7. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his land.
(b) For his money.
(c) For his title.
(d) For his good looks.
8. In Chapter 23, how does Mr. Huntingdon act while at home?
(a) Like he is rich.
(b) Like he is angry.
(c) Like he is bored.
(d) Like he is having fun.
9. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
(a) That they are true.
(b) That they are funny.
(c) That they are hurting him, too.
(d) That they are false.
10. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
(a) She leaves the room.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She turns them around.
(d) She offers to sell them to him.
11. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) To talk to Eliza.
(b) To see Mrs. Graham.
(c) To speak with his mother.
(d) To go to see church.
12. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
13. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because it's too drafty.
(b) Because there isn't a fireplace.
(c) Because it's under construction.
(d) Because it's too dark.
14. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(c) He walks alone.
(d) Mrs. Graham.
15. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
(a) Because her son carries them.
(b) Because he is too shy to ask.
(c) Because someone else asks first.
(d) Because she carries them herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
2. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
3. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
4. When does Chapter 16 take place?
5. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)