|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
(a) So he can visit the Grahams.
(b) Because he found one that belonged to his sister.
(c) As a birthday present.
(d) Mrs. Graham asks him to.
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
(a) Divorced his wife.
(b) Began drinking.
(c) Started stealing.
(d) Moved to the country.
3. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
(a) Mr. Markham.
(c) Mrs. Markham.
(d) Mr. Millward.
4. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
(a) A song.
(b) A painting.
(c) A poem.
(d) A letter.
5. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
6. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
(a) The 1840s.
(b) The 1830s.
(c) The 1810s.
(d) The 1820s.
7. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) To see Mrs. Graham.
(b) To go to see church.
(c) To speak with his mother.
(d) To talk to Eliza.
8. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
(a) To hunt.
(b) Because they owe him money.
(c) To meet Helen.
(d) Because he is sick.
9. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
(a) Helen's aunt shows it to him.
(b) She shows it to him.
(c) He visits unexpectedly.
(d) He looks through her work.
10. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
(a) Because he left something there.
(b) To listen in on Mrs. Graham's conversations.
(c) Because Mrs. Graham calls to him.
(d) To see Mrs. Graham one more time.
11. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
(a) Because Helen's aunt told him to.
(b) Because Helen said she no longer liked him.
(c) Because Helen burned her drawnings.
(d) Because Annabella began to show interest.
12. What season is it in Chapter 6?
13. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A shop.
(c) A small cottage.
(d) A farm.
14. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
(a) She is not going to marry anyone.
(b) She is going to marry for money.
(c) She is going to travel before she marries.
(d) She is going to marry for love.
15. In Chapter 27, when does Mr. Huntingdon kiss Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) After she plays a song on the piano.
(b) When she gets out of a carriage.
(c) When she is leaving their house.
(d) After she wins a game of cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
3. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
5. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)