|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his title.
(b) For his good looks.
(c) For his money.
(d) For his land.
2. In Chapter 23, how does Mr. Huntingdon act while at home?
(a) Like he is rich.
(b) Like he is bored.
(c) Like he is angry.
(d) Like he is having fun.
3. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
(a) They can't spend much money.
(b) They don't go out on the town.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) It isn't long enough.
4. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In her diary.
(b) On a napkin.
(c) On the back of another drawing.
(d) In the corner of a still-life.
5. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
(a) The signatures.
(b) The size.
(c) The frames.
(d) The type of paint.
6. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
(a) Because they owe him money.
(b) To hunt.
(c) Because he is sick.
(d) To meet Helen.
7. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
(a) His friendship with Lord Lowborough.
(b) His relationship with Annabella.
(c) His jokes.
(d) His gambling.
8. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
9. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
(a) On his way to Wildfell Hall.
(b) On his way to town.
(c) At the local pub.
(d) On his way to church.
10. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) Like he is ashamed.
(b) Like he is sad.
(c) Like he is proud.
(d) Like he is angry.
11. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To work.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To see Eliza.
(d) To have tea.
12. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
(a) That it is gone.
(b) That it has been damaged.
(c) That it is good.
(d) That it rules her life.
13. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
(a) As a birthday present.
(b) Mrs. Graham asks him to.
(c) So he can visit the Grahams.
(d) Because he found one that belonged to his sister.
14. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her accent.
15. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
(a) He rips it.
(b) He pretends like he didn't actually see it.
(c) He laughs at it.
(d) He keeps it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
2. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
3. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
4. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
5. In Chapter 16, where is Helen returning from?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)