|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because of his habits.
(b) Because of his mother.
(c) Because he is old.
(d) Because he is poor.
3. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
(a) They can't spend much money.
(b) They don't go out on the town.
(c) It isn't long enough.
(d) It is too cold.
4. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
(a) His health.
(d) Money issues.
5. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
(a) Not to marry a man who is wealthy.
(b) Not to marry a man who is interested in her looks.
(c) To have her father approve of the man before marriage.
(d) To only marry a wealthy man.
6. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
(a) For her title.
(b) For her father's business.
(c) For her money.
(d) For her good looks.
7. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
8. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
(a) A whip.
(b) A stick.
(c) A book.
(d) A riding crop.
9. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
(a) Mr. Huntingdon's.
(b) Her uncle's.
(c) Mr. Wilmot's.
(d) Mr. Boarham's.
10. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
(a) Her money issues.
(b) Her living arrangements.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her health.
11. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because he's too young.
(b) Because she won't treat him well.
(c) Because she is poor.
(d) Because of her father.
12. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He falls off his horse.
(b) He hits back, quickly.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He stumbles down steps.
13. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
(a) She is too religious.
(b) She is less pretty each day.
(c) She is uneducated.
(d) She is too demanding.
14. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
(a) As being complicated.
(b) As being honorable.
(c) As being full of trickery.
(d) As being a fool.
15. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To ask for money.
(b) To see Eliza.
(c) To have tea.
(d) To work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
2. Why does Mrs. Graham say she brought her son with her in Chapter 3?
3. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
4. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
5. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)