|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Huntingdon send Helen home from London before himself?
(a) Because he has business.
(b) Because she is boring.
(c) Because it is cheaper.
(d) Because they were arguing.
2. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(a) Mrs. Graham.
(b) He walks alone.
3. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
(a) Why he fought with Mr. Lawrence.
(b) Why he loves her.
(c) Why he is so annoying.
(d) Why he has been ignoring her.
4. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
(a) She turns them around.
(b) She offers to sell them to him.
(c) She leaves the room.
(d) She laughs.
5. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
6. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
(a) He looks through her work.
(b) Helen's aunt shows it to him.
(c) She shows it to him.
(d) He visits unexpectedly.
7. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
(a) To entertain her.
(b) To hurt her.
(c) To see how she would react.
(d) To save her.
8. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because of her father.
(b) Because she won't treat him well.
(c) Because she is poor.
(d) Because he's too young.
9. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
(b) Money issues.
(c) His health.
10. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his title.
(b) For his money.
(c) For his good looks.
(d) For his land.
11. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
(a) Because she loves someone else.
(b) Because of Annabella's love for him.
(c) Because she is mad at him.
(d) Because she wants her uncle's approval.
12. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
(a) Because they owe him money.
(b) To hunt.
(c) To meet Helen.
(d) Because he is sick.
13. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
(a) He is a vicar.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a shopowner.
(d) He is a farmer.
14. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
(a) The best seat.
15. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
(a) Her uncle's.
(b) Mr. Huntingdon's.
(c) Mr. Boarham's.
(d) Mr. Wilmot's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 25, how long do the Huntingdons spend in London?
2. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
3. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
4. Why does Mrs. Graham say she brought her son with her in Chapter 3?
5. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)