|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
(a) Because Mr. Huntingdon makes fun of them.
(b) Because she doesn't like the work.
(c) Because her aunt tells her to.
(d) Because she is embarrassed.
2. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
3. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
(a) To see how she would react.
(b) To save her.
(c) To hurt her.
(d) To entertain her.
4. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
(a) She is too religious.
(b) She is less pretty each day.
(c) She is too demanding.
(d) She is uneducated.
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
(a) He rips it.
(b) He pretends like he didn't actually see it.
(c) He keeps it.
(d) He laughs at it.
6. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The city.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The shore.
(d) The caves.
7. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
(c) The best seat.
8. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
(a) As being full of trickery.
(b) As being honorable.
(c) As being complicated.
(d) As being a fool.
9. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
(a) For her money.
(b) For her good looks.
(c) For her title.
(d) For her father's business.
10. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
(a) His gambling.
(b) His friendship with Lord Lowborough.
(c) His relationship with Annabella.
(d) His jokes.
11. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
12. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
(a) On his way to Wildfell Hall.
(b) On his way to town.
(c) At the local pub.
(d) On his way to church.
13. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
14. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
15. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(c) He walks alone.
(d) Mrs. Graham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
2. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
4. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
5. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)