|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25, how long do the Huntingdons spend in London?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
2. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
(a) That it has been damaged.
(b) That it is gone.
(c) That it rules her life.
(d) That it is good.
3. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
4. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
(a) She is outraged.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She is entertained.
(d) She is confused.
5. Why does Mr. Huntingdon send Helen home from London before himself?
(a) Because he has business.
(b) Because it is cheaper.
(c) Because they were arguing.
(d) Because she is boring.
6. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(a) He walks alone.
(d) Mrs. Graham.
7. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
(a) So he can laugh.
(b) So she will feel better.
(c) So he knows the truth.
(d) So he will stop loving her.
8. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his good looks.
(b) For his land.
(c) For his title.
(d) For his money.
9. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
(a) As being honorable.
(b) As being full of trickery.
(c) As being a fool.
(d) As being complicated.
10. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
(a) Because he is sick.
(b) To meet Helen.
(c) To hunt.
(d) Because they owe him money.
11. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) She just walks away.
12. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
(a) His friendship with Lord Lowborough.
(b) His relationship with Annabella.
(c) His gambling.
(d) His jokes.
13. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
14. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
15. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
(a) Mrs. Markham.
(b) Mr. Millward.
(c) Mr. Markham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
3. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
5. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)