Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
(a) To plan a vacation.
(b) To tell him a story.
(c) To help him out.
(d) To ask for money.
2. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
(a) Within a month.
(b) The following day.
(c) When she feels like it.
(d) Next year.
3. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
(a) Buy a second house.
(b) Have a hunting trip.
(c) Move to London.
(d) Write a novel.
4. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The caves.
(c) The shore.
(d) The city.
6. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
(a) A letter.
(b) A painting.
(c) A poem.
(d) A song.
7. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
(a) To only marry a wealthy man.
(b) Not to marry a man who is interested in her looks.
(c) To have her father approve of the man before marriage.
(d) Not to marry a man who is wealthy.
8. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
(a) She is outraged.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She is entertained.
9. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(a) He walks alone.
(b) Mrs. Graham.
10. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
(a) Because he left something there.
(b) To see Mrs. Graham one more time.
(c) Because Mrs. Graham calls to him.
(d) To listen in on Mrs. Graham's conversations.
11. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
12. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He stumbles down steps.
(b) He falls off his horse.
(c) He hits back, quickly.
(d) He passes out.
13. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her education.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her accent.
14. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
(a) As a birthday present.
(b) Because he found one that belonged to his sister.
(c) Mrs. Graham asks him to.
(d) So he can visit the Grahams.
15. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
(a) Let me alone.
(b) Let it do as it will.
(c) Let us be as we were.
(d) Let you follow the rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
3. What season is it in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
5. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)