|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The caves.
(b) The city.
(c) The shore.
(d) The mountains.
2. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he is upset.
(b) Because he needs the money.
(c) Because he is bored.
(d) Because he wants a promotion.
4. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
(b) She just walks away.
5. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
(a) Mrs. Graham asks him to.
(b) As a birthday present.
(c) Because he found one that belonged to his sister.
(d) So he can visit the Grahams.
6. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The art studio.
(d) The garden.
7. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
(a) Because Helen's aunt told him to.
(b) Because Helen said she no longer liked him.
(c) Because Annabella began to show interest.
(d) Because Helen burned her drawnings.
8. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
(a) Have a hunting trip.
(b) Move to London.
(c) Buy a second house.
(d) Write a novel.
9. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
(a) She is going to marry for money.
(b) She is not going to marry anyone.
(c) She is going to travel before she marries.
(d) She is going to marry for love.
10. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
(a) His financial situation.
(b) His relationship with Mrs. Graham.
(c) What gossip he has heard.
(d) The rooms he has for rent.
11. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
(a) She is pleased.
(b) She is embarrassed.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is appalled.
12. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
(a) That it is gone.
(b) That it has been damaged.
(c) That it rules her life.
(d) That it is good.
13. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
14. Why does Mrs. Graham say she brought her son with her in Chapter 3?
(a) Because Rose wanted to meet him.
(b) She doesn't explain.
(c) Because she can't visit without him.
(d) Because he asked to go.
15. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
(a) The farm lands.
(b) The library.
(c) The town's center.
(d) The pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
2. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
3. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
4. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
5. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)