|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
(a) Bad investments.
(d) A divorce.
2. Why does Helen dislike Mr. Boarham?
(a) Because he is boring.
(b) Because he drinks.
(c) Because he is poor.
(d) Because he is old.
3. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
(a) She leaves the room.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She offers to sell them to him.
(d) She turns them around.
4. Why does Mr. Huntingdon send Helen home from London before himself?
(a) Because it is cheaper.
(b) Because they were arguing.
(c) Because she is boring.
(d) Because he has business.
5. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
(a) Mr. Millward.
(b) Mr. Markham.
(c) Mrs. Markham.
6. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his land.
(b) For his money.
(c) For his good looks.
(d) For his title.
7. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
8. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is appalled.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She is confused.
9. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
(c) She just walks away.
10. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
(a) Let me alone.
(b) Let it do as it will.
(c) Let us be as we were.
(d) Let you follow the rules.
11. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
12. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
(a) From his mother.
(b) He sees her himself.
(c) From his friend.
(d) From his sister.
13. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) Like he is sad.
(b) Like he is ashamed.
(c) Like he is angry.
(d) Like he is proud.
14. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The garden.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The art studio.
15. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
(a) His friendship with Lord Lowborough.
(b) His gambling.
(c) His jokes.
(d) His relationship with Annabella.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
3. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
4. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)