|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
(a) Why he has been ignoring her.
(b) Why he fought with Mr. Lawrence.
(c) Why he loves her.
(d) Why he is so annoying.
2. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
(a) Her health.
(b) Her money issues.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her living arrangements.
3. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
(a) Because he left something there.
(b) To listen in on Mrs. Graham's conversations.
(c) To see Mrs. Graham one more time.
(d) Because Mrs. Graham calls to him.
4. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
5. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
(a) Because of Annabella's love for him.
(b) Because she is mad at him.
(c) Because she loves someone else.
(d) Because she wants her uncle's approval.
6. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
(a) A song.
(b) A letter.
(c) A poem.
(d) A painting.
7. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) She just walks away.
8. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
(a) The type of paint.
(b) The size.
(c) The frames.
(d) The signatures.
9. When does Chapter 16 take place?
(a) Two years earlier.
(b) Four years earlier.
(c) Six years earlier.
(d) One year earlier.
10. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
(c) Bad investments.
(d) A divorce.
11. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
(b) He overhears their conversation.
(c) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
(d) Rose confirms the rumor.
12. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
13. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
(a) To ask for money.
(b) To plan a vacation.
(c) To help him out.
(d) To tell him a story.
14. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
(a) He pretends like he didn't actually see it.
(b) He keeps it.
(c) He rips it.
(d) He laughs at it.
15. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
(a) Not to marry a man who is wealthy.
(b) To only marry a wealthy man.
(c) Not to marry a man who is interested in her looks.
(d) To have her father approve of the man before marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
2. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
3. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
4. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
5. Why does Helen dislike Mr. Boarham?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)