|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
(c) His health.
(d) Money issues.
2. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
(b) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
(c) He overhears their conversation.
(d) Rose confirms the rumor.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
(a) As being complicated.
(b) As being a fool.
(c) As being full of trickery.
(d) As being honorable.
4. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
(a) Because Mr. Huntingdon makes fun of them.
(b) Because she doesn't like the work.
(c) Because her aunt tells her to.
(d) Because she is embarrassed.
5. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
(a) She writes more pages.
(b) She cries.
(c) She makes him promise to keep it a secret.
(d) She removes some of the pages.
6. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The shore.
(b) The caves.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The city.
7. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
8. In Chapter 23, how does Mr. Huntingdon act while at home?
(a) Like he is bored.
(b) Like he is rich.
(c) Like he is angry.
(d) Like he is having fun.
9. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because of her father.
(b) Because she won't treat him well.
(c) Because he's too young.
(d) Because she is poor.
10. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
(a) That he thinks she is foolish.
(b) That he wants to protect her.
(c) That he is sorry.
(d) That he will hurt whoever is spreading the rumors.
11. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her health.
(c) Her living arrangements.
(d) Her money issues.
12. When does Chapter 16 take place?
(a) Two years earlier.
(b) Four years earlier.
(c) Six years earlier.
(d) One year earlier.
13. In Chapter 27, when does Mr. Huntingdon kiss Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) After she wins a game of cards.
(b) When she is leaving their house.
(c) After she plays a song on the piano.
(d) When she gets out of a carriage.
14. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
(a) Because she is mad at him.
(b) Because of Annabella's love for him.
(c) Because she wants her uncle's approval.
(d) Because she loves someone else.
15. Why does Mrs. Graham say she brought her son with her in Chapter 3?
(a) She doesn't explain.
(b) Because Rose wanted to meet him.
(c) Because she can't visit without him.
(d) Because he asked to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
2. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
3. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
4. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
5. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)