|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
(a) A stick.
(b) A riding crop.
(c) A book.
(d) A whip.
2. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
(a) Because he has family there.
(b) Because he has a business opportunity there.
(c) Because Helen isn't talking to him.
(d) Because Helen asks him to.
3. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
4. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
(a) The 1820s.
(b) The 1830s.
(c) The 1810s.
(d) The 1840s.
5. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because he's too young.
(b) Because of her father.
(c) Because she is poor.
(d) Because she won't treat him well.
6. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
(a) The town's center.
(b) The library.
(c) The pub.
(d) The farm lands.
7. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
(a) Mr. Millward.
(b) Mrs. Markham.
(d) Mr. Markham.
8. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
(a) Mrs. Graham asks him to.
(b) So he can visit the Grahams.
(c) Because he found one that belonged to his sister.
(d) As a birthday present.
9. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
10. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
(a) She removes some of the pages.
(b) She writes more pages.
(c) She makes him promise to keep it a secret.
(d) She cries.
11. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
(a) She is entertained.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is bored.
12. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
(a) A fish.
(b) A cat.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A dog.
13. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because it's too drafty.
(b) Because it's too dark.
(c) Because it's under construction.
(d) Because there isn't a fireplace.
14. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
(a) To tell him a story.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To plan a vacation.
(d) To help him out.
15. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen dislike Mr. Boarham?
2. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 16, where is Helen returning from?
4. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)