|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
(a) On his way to Wildfell Hall.
(b) At the local pub.
(c) On his way to town.
(d) On his way to church.
2. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
(a) He is a shopowner.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a vicar.
(d) He is a lawyer.
3. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
(a) Stories of past romances.
(b) Stories of his gambling.
(c) Stories about his travels.
(d) Stories about his drinking.
4. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
(a) His financial situation.
(b) The rooms he has for rent.
(c) What gossip he has heard.
(d) His relationship with Mrs. Graham.
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) Like he is angry.
(b) Like he is ashamed.
(c) Like he is sad.
(d) Like he is proud.
6. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
(a) She turns them around.
(b) She leaves the room.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She offers to sell them to him.
7. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
(a) Because Helen asks him to.
(b) Because he has family there.
(c) Because Helen isn't talking to him.
(d) Because he has a business opportunity there.
8. In Chapter 26, what embarrasses Helen?
(a) Mr. Huntingdon's flirting with Lady Lowborough.
(b) Her outdated clothing.
(c) Her pregnant stomach.
(d) Mr. Huntingdon's drinking.
9. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The shore.
(c) The city.
(d) The caves.
10. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
(a) To see how she would react.
(b) To save her.
(c) To hurt her.
(d) To entertain her.
11. When does Chapter 16 take place?
(a) Six years earlier.
(b) One year earlier.
(c) Two years earlier.
(d) Four years earlier.
12. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
(b) A divorce.
(c) Bad investments.
13. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
(a) Mr. Boarham's.
(b) Mr. Huntingdon's.
(c) Her uncle's.
(d) Mr. Wilmot's.
14. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He hits back, quickly.
(c) He stumbles down steps.
(d) He falls off his horse.
15. In Chapter 16, where is Helen returning from?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
2. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
3. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
4. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
5. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)