|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) Like he is angry.
(b) Like he is ashamed.
(c) Like he is proud.
(d) Like he is sad.
2. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
(c) The best seat.
3. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
(a) So he can visit the Grahams.
(b) Mrs. Graham asks him to.
(c) As a birthday present.
(d) Because he found one that belonged to his sister.
4. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
(a) The rooms he has for rent.
(b) His relationship with Mrs. Graham.
(c) What gossip he has heard.
(d) His financial situation.
5. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
(a) He is a vicar.
(b) He is a shopowner.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a farmer.
6. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) To go to see church.
(b) To speak with his mother.
(c) To see Mrs. Graham.
(d) To talk to Eliza.
7. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The shore.
(b) The city.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The caves.
8. Why does Helen dislike Mr. Boarham?
(a) Because he is poor.
(b) Because he is old.
(c) Because he is boring.
(d) Because he drinks.
9. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
(a) He rips it.
(b) He keeps it.
(c) He pretends like he didn't actually see it.
(d) He laughs at it.
10. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is entertained.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is bored.
11. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he needs the money.
(b) Because he is bored.
(c) Because he wants a promotion.
(d) Because he is upset.
12. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
(a) She is pleased.
(b) She is embarrassed.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is appalled.
13. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He stumbles down steps.
(b) He falls off his horse.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He hits back, quickly.
14. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
(a) On his way to church.
(b) At the local pub.
(c) On his way to Wildfell Hall.
(d) On his way to town.
15. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
(a) His friendship with Lord Lowborough.
(b) His relationship with Annabella.
(c) His jokes.
(d) His gambling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
2. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
4. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
5. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)