|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
(a) Because her aunt tells her to.
(b) Because she is embarrassed.
(c) Because Mr. Huntingdon makes fun of them.
(d) Because she doesn't like the work.
2. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
(a) Because he is sick.
(b) To hunt.
(c) To meet Helen.
(d) Because they owe him money.
4. In Chapter 26, what embarrasses Helen?
(a) Her outdated clothing.
(b) Mr. Huntingdon's drinking.
(c) Mr. Huntingdon's flirting with Lady Lowborough.
(d) Her pregnant stomach.
5. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is entertained.
(d) She is outraged.
6. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
(a) They can't spend much money.
(b) They don't go out on the town.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) It isn't long enough.
7. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
8. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
(a) Because her son carries them.
(b) Because someone else asks first.
(c) Because she carries them herself.
(d) Because he is too shy to ask.
9. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
(a) She is going to marry for money.
(b) She is going to travel before she marries.
(c) She is not going to marry anyone.
(d) She is going to marry for love.
10. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
(a) A whip.
(b) A riding crop.
(c) A stick.
(d) A book.
11. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
12. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
(a) That it has been damaged.
(b) That it is gone.
(c) That it rules her life.
(d) That it is good.
13. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(a) Mrs. Graham.
(d) He walks alone.
14. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
(a) To hurt her.
(b) To see how she would react.
(c) To entertain her.
(d) To save her.
15. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
(a) Because she wants her uncle's approval.
(b) Because she is mad at him.
(c) Because she loves someone else.
(d) Because of Annabella's love for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
2. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
3. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
4. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
5. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)