|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) To go to see church.
(b) To speak with his mother.
(c) To see Mrs. Graham.
(d) To talk to Eliza.
2. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because she is poor.
(b) Because she won't treat him well.
(c) Because of her father.
(d) Because he's too young.
3. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
(a) That they are true.
(b) That they are funny.
(c) That they are hurting him, too.
(d) That they are false.
4. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
(a) Stories about his travels.
(b) Stories about his drinking.
(c) Stories of his gambling.
(d) Stories of past romances.
5. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
(a) She is pleased.
(b) She is embarrassed.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is appalled.
6. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he is bored.
(b) Because he is upset.
(c) Because he wants a promotion.
(d) Because he needs the money.
7. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
(a) She removes some of the pages.
(b) She writes more pages.
(c) She makes him promise to keep it a secret.
(d) She cries.
8. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
(a) To see Mrs. Graham one more time.
(b) To listen in on Mrs. Graham's conversations.
(c) Because Mrs. Graham calls to him.
(d) Because he left something there.
9. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his land.
(b) For his money.
(c) For his good looks.
(d) For his title.
10. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
(a) The signatures.
(b) The type of paint.
(c) The frames.
(d) The size.
11. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
(a) To entertain her.
(b) To hurt her.
(c) To see how she would react.
(d) To save her.
12. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
(a) The pub.
(b) The library.
(c) The farm lands.
(d) The town's center.
13. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
(a) So he can visit the Grahams.
(b) Because he found one that belonged to his sister.
(c) As a birthday present.
(d) Mrs. Graham asks him to.
14. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
(a) Because Helen's aunt told him to.
(b) Because Helen burned her drawnings.
(c) Because Helen said she no longer liked him.
(d) Because Annabella began to show interest.
15. Why does Helen dislike Mr. Boarham?
(a) Because he is old.
(b) Because he drinks.
(c) Because he is poor.
(d) Because he is boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
2. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
3. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
4. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
5. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)