|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
(a) Next year.
(b) When she feels like it.
(c) Within a month.
(d) The following day.
2. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her education.
(c) Her accent.
(d) Her beauty.
3. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He hits him again.
(b) He refuses the help.
(c) He walks away.
(d) He thanks him.
4. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
(a) Her living arrangements.
(b) Her money issues.
(c) Her health.
(d) Her children.
5. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
(a) A small cottage.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A shop.
(d) A farm.
6. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
7. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
(a) Because he has a business opportunity there.
(b) Because he has family there.
(c) Because Helen isn't talking to him.
(d) Because Helen asks him to.
8. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) Like he is ashamed.
(b) Like he is sad.
(c) Like he is proud.
(d) Like he is angry.
9. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
(a) For her money.
(b) For her title.
(c) For her father's business.
(d) For her good looks.
10. In Chapter 25, how long do the Huntingdons spend in London?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
11. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In her diary.
(b) On a napkin.
(c) On the back of another drawing.
(d) In the corner of a still-life.
12. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his title.
(b) For his money.
(c) For his land.
(d) For his good looks.
13. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
(a) A riding crop.
(b) A whip.
(c) A book.
(d) A stick.
14. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
15. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
(b) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
(c) Rose confirms the rumor.
(d) He overhears their conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
2. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
3. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)