Short Answer Questions Key
1. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
2. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
To tell him a story.
3. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
From his sister.
4. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
5. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
6. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
Because of his dog.
7. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
He is a vicar.
This section contains 4,652 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)