|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 42, how does Helen convince Mr. Hattersley that he is right to change his ways?
(a) She has him talk to her husband.
(b) She shows him letters from his wife.
(c) She agrees with everything he says.
(d) She reads from the Bible.
2. In Chapter 33, who tries to tell Helen that her husband is being inappropriate?
(a) Mr. Hattersley.
(b) No one.
3. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
(b) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
(c) He overhears their conversation.
(d) Rose confirms the rumor.
4. In Chapter 36, what happens when Helen asks about Mr. Huntingdon's health?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He hugs her.
(c) He is rude to her.
(d) He breaks down crying.
5. Where does Helen want to go with her son in Chapter 39?
(b) The United States.
(c) European continent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
2. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
4. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
5. In Chapter 41, what does Helen do while her husband is in London?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)