|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
(a) His jokes.
(b) His relationship with Annabella.
(c) His gambling.
(d) His friendship with Lord Lowborough.
2. What does Mr. Markham do after reading Helen's diary?
(a) Takes back his confession of love.
(b) Apologizes to her.
(c) Meets with her brother.
(d) Promises to keep her safe.
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
(a) He keeps it.
(b) He rips it.
(c) He laughs at it.
(d) He pretends like he didn't actually see it.
4. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
(a) Why he loves her.
(b) Why he has been ignoring her.
(c) Why he fought with Mr. Lawrence.
(d) Why he is so annoying.
5. Why does Helen dislike Mr. Boarham?
(a) Because he is boring.
(b) Because he drinks.
(c) Because he is old.
(d) Because he is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, how does Mr. Huntingdon act while at home?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
4. Why does Mrs. Graham say she brought her son with her in Chapter 3?
5. How does Lord Lowborough act when he finds out about his wife's affair?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)