|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mr. Huntingdon takes most of Helen's money and belongings, what does he leave her?
(b) A piano.
2. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
(a) To tell him a story.
(b) To help him out.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To plan a vacation.
3. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is entertained.
4. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
(a) Mr. Wilmot's.
(b) Her uncle's.
(c) Mr. Boarham's.
(d) Mr. Huntingdon's.
5. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
(a) The 1830s.
(b) The 1820s.
(c) The 1840s.
(d) The 1810s.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
3. What does Helen admit stands in the way of her marrying Mr. Markham in Chapter 53?
4. Why is Mr. Hattersley in town in Chapter 42?
5. Who does Helen write to to have them prepare Wildfell Hall for her?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)