|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 33, why do Mr. Huntingdon's friends say he stopped drinking?
(a) For his health.
(b) To prove a point.
(c) To save money.
(d) For love.
2. When Lady Lowborough visits in Chapter 31, how does Helen feel about her?
3. How does Mr. Lawrence feel about asking Helen to allow Mr. Markham to tell her story to others?
(a) He is excited for her.
(b) He disagrees fully.
(c) He laughs at Mr. Markham.
(d) He isn't sure about it.
4. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
(a) A book.
(b) A stick.
(c) A riding crop.
(d) A whip.
5. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
(a) Bad investments.
(c) A divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, why does Milicent want Helen to advise his sister on marriage?
2. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 41, what does Helen do while her husband is in London?
4. Why does Mr. Markham only know a few things about Helen in Chapter 46?
5. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)