|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen admit to doing in Chapter 30?
(a) Laughing at her husband.
(b) Hiding from her marriage.
(c) Drinking at night.
(d) Reading Mr. Huntingdon's mail.
2. In Chapter 33, why do Mr. Huntingdon's friends say he stopped drinking?
(a) For his health.
(b) To prove a point.
(c) To save money.
(d) For love.
3. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Huntingdon demand of Helen?
(a) That she cook all his meals.
(b) That she hire help.
(c) That she go to church for him.
(d) That she stay by his side.
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen in Chapter 36?
(a) He sends him away on vacation.
(b) He teaches him to ignore his mother.
(c) He dresses him in terrible clothing.
(d) He yells at him to make the boy upset.
5. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
(a) To stop the affair.
(b) To tell her husband.
(c) To stop being polite.
(d) To go back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
2. How does Helen sneak away from home to leave for Wildfell Hall?
3. What does Helen do when Mr. Hargrave offers her protection in Chapter 39?
4. In Chapter 37, why does Helen turn down Mr. Hargrave's offer of an affair?
5. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)