|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
(a) To see how she would react.
(b) To hurt her.
(c) To entertain her.
(d) To save her.
2. In Chapter 53, how does Mr. Markham finally see Helen?
(a) She finds him on the road.
(b) She invites him over.
(c) He invites her over.
(d) Arthur runs into Mr. Markham at the pub.
3. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
(a) She is uneducated.
(b) She is less pretty each day.
(c) She is too demanding.
(d) She is too religious.
4. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
(a) A letter.
(b) A song.
(c) A painting.
(d) A poem.
5. In Chapter 39, what worries Helen about her son?
(a) He swears at her.
(b) He has been drinking with his father.
(c) He dresses like a pauper.
(d) He is no longer doing his lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen in Chapter 36?
3. When Lady Lowborough visits in Chapter 31, how does Helen feel about her?
4. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
5. When Lord Lowborough finds out about his wife's affair, what does his friend suggest?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)