|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 42, how does Helen convince Mr. Hattersley that he is right to change his ways?
(a) She has him talk to her husband.
(b) She shows him letters from his wife.
(c) She reads from the Bible.
(d) She agrees with everything he says.
2. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To have tea.
(b) To see Eliza.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To work.
3. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
(a) Because Annabella began to show interest.
(b) Because Helen burned her drawnings.
(c) Because Helen said she no longer liked him.
(d) Because Helen's aunt told him to.
4. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He refuses the help.
(b) He walks away.
(c) He hits him again.
(d) He thanks him.
5. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
(a) A poem.
(b) A painting.
(c) A letter.
(d) A song.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
2. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
3. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
4. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
5. Where does Lady Lowborough run away to?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)