|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because he is old.
(b) Because of his mother.
(c) Because of his habits.
(d) Because he is poor.
2. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
(a) She is too religious.
(b) She is uneducated.
(c) She is too demanding.
(d) She is less pretty each day.
3. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because he's too young.
(b) Because she won't treat him well.
(c) Because of her father.
(d) Because she is poor.
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon learn about his wife's plan to leave him?
(a) He reads her diary.
(b) Mr. Hargrave tells him.
(c) He finds her money.
(d) He overhears her talking about it.
5. In Chapter 32, how does Mr. Hattersley upset his wife?
(a) By drinking too much.
(b) By teasing her.
(c) By getting into an argument.
(d) By talking about another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
2. What does Frederick say about Helen staying at Wildfell Hall in Chapter 41?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen in Chapter 36?
5. In Chapter 48, how does Helen describe her husband?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)