|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 50, how long does Mr. Markham say he must wait before speaking to Helen?
(a) Three months.
(b) Nine months.
(c) One month.
(d) Six months.
2. In Chapter 49, how does Mr. Markham learn about Helen?
(a) From letters to him.
(b) From her brother.
(c) From her letters to her brother.
(d) From a telegram from Mr. Huntingdon.
3. In Chapter 48, what does Helen wish for Miss Hargrave?
(a) That she move away.
(b) That she marry.
(c) That she earn her own money.
(d) That she forgives her brother.
4. Why does Helen begin planning to leave again in Chapter 43?
(a) Because her husband starts to drink again.
(b) Because her husband hires his mistress.
(c) Because she saves up enough money.
(d) Because her husband is spending all their money.
5. What does Mr. Markham do with his family farm in Chapter 80?
(a) Sells it.
(b) Gives it to Helen's aunt.
(c) Gives it to his brother.
(d) Gives it to Arthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Helen write to to have them prepare Wildfell Hall for her?
2. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
3. Who tells Helen about Mr. Huntingdon and Lady Lowborough's relationship?
4. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
5. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)