|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Helen first arrives at Wildfell Hall, what does she note there isn't a lot of?
2. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
(a) From his sister.
(b) From his friend.
(c) From his mother.
(d) He sees her himself.
3. In Chapter 30, why doesn't Helen talk to Mr. Huntingdon about his lying?
(a) Because she is afraid.
(b) Because he is ill.
(c) Because she falls asleep.
(d) Because he is angry.
4. Which Lowborough child does Mr. Markham believe is Mr. Huntingdon's?
(a) The oldest.
(b) Both of them.
(c) The youngest.
(d) None of them.
5. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
(a) She writes more pages.
(b) She removes some of the pages.
(c) She makes him promise to keep it a secret.
(d) She cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
2. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 51, who tells Mr. Markham they heard that Helen is getting married?
4. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
5. In Chapter 43, who does Mr. Huntingdon hire?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)