|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
(a) Helen's aunt shows it to him.
(b) He visits unexpectedly.
(c) He looks through her work.
(d) She shows it to him.
2. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
(a) Stories about his travels.
(b) Stories of past romances.
(c) Stories about his drinking.
(d) Stories of his gambling.
3. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
(a) Let you follow the rules.
(b) Let it do as it will.
(c) Let us be as we were.
(d) Let me alone.
4. What does Helen do when Lady Lowborough shows up to hunt in Chapter 38?
(a) She sends her home.
(b) She threatens her.
(c) She greets her kindly.
(d) She ignores her.
5. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
(a) She is too demanding.
(b) She is less pretty each day.
(c) She is too religious.
(d) She is uneducated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
2. Why does Helen's aunt want her to live at Staningley?
3. In Chapter 32, why does Milicent want Helen to advise his sister on marriage?
4. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
5. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)