|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lord Lowborough finds out about his wife's affair, what does his friend suggest?
(a) A dual.
(b) That the leave immediately.
2. Where does Helen's diary end?
(a) With her husband sending her a note.
(b) With her meeting new friends.
(c) With her aunt sending her money.
(d) With her son getting a dog.
3. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
(a) He leaves town.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He writes to his uncle.
(d) He slaps her.
4. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
(a) Because he is sick.
(b) To meet Helen.
(c) Because they owe him money.
(d) To hunt.
5. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
(a) It isn't long enough.
(b) They don't go out on the town.
(c) It is too cold.
(d) They can't spend much money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richard Wilson become the vicar?
2. Where does Lady Lowborough run away to?
3. How does Mr. Markham learn that Helen returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
4. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
5. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)