|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
(b) To her aunt's.
2. In Chapter 39, why does Helen begin to paint again?
(a) To decorate her house.
(b) To escape her life.
(c) To earn money.
(d) To teach her son.
3. How does Mr. Walter Hargrave try to win over Helen?
(a) By complimenting her house.
(b) By making fun of her husband.
(c) By bringing her presents.
(d) By playing with her son.
4. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
(a) As a birthday present.
(b) Because he found one that belonged to his sister.
(c) Mrs. Graham asks him to.
(d) So he can visit the Grahams.
5. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
(a) Mr. Markham.
(b) Mr. Millward.
(c) Mrs. Markham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham do after reading Helen's diary?
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
3. In Chapter 35, what favor does Lady Lowborough ask of Helen?
4. Why does Helen begin planning to leave again in Chapter 43?
5. In Chapter 43, what does Helen say she worries about most in regards to her son?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)