|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen return to Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) Because Arthur asked her to.
(b) Because he fell from a horse.
(c) Because he apologized.
(d) Because she needed money.
2. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Huntingdon demand of Helen?
(a) That she cook all his meals.
(b) That she go to church for him.
(c) That she hire help.
(d) That she stay by his side.
3. In Chapter 50, why does Helen spend most of her time at Staningley?
(a) Because Mr. Huntingdon asked her to.
(b) Because of her exhaustion.
(c) Because she is vacationing.
(d) Because of her uncle's death.
4. What does Mr. Markham do when he hears about Helen's wedding in Chapter 51?
(b) Rushes home.
(c) Takes a coach to Staningley.
(d) Runs to a telegram office.
5. In Chapter 51, who tells Mr. Markham they heard that Helen is getting married?
(a) Mr. Hattersley.
(c) Mr. Lawrence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
2. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
3. In Chapter 52, why does Mr. Markham visit Staningley?
4. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
5. What does Helen admit stands in the way of her marrying Mr. Markham in Chapter 53?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)