|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
2. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
(a) The size.
(b) The signatures.
(c) The type of paint.
(d) The frames.
3. In Chapter 49, what does Mr. Huntingdon demand of Helen?
(a) That she go to church for him.
(b) That she stay by his side.
(c) That she cook all his meals.
(d) That she hire help.
4. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He thanks him.
(b) He walks away.
(c) He refuses the help.
(d) He hits him again.
5. In Chapter 32, why does Milicent want Helen to advise his sister on marriage?
(a) Because she trusts Helen.
(b) Because he doesn't want her to end up like Helen.
(c) Because he thinks Helen is kind.
(d) Because he wants her to be picky.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
3. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
5. In Chapter 31, why does Lord Lowborough spend his nights walking?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)