|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
(a) Because Helen asks him to.
(b) Because Helen isn't talking to him.
(c) Because he has family there.
(d) Because he has a business opportunity there.
2. What does Helen admit stands in the way of her marrying Mr. Markham in Chapter 53?
(b) His money.
(c) Her religion.
(d) Her brother.
3. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
(a) By showing her letters from his sisters.
(b) By giving her drinks.
(c) By telling her the Bible says it's alright.
(d) By saying her husband is having one.
4. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The caves.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The shore.
(d) The city.
5. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
(a) A whip.
(b) A stick.
(c) A riding crop.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 53, how does Mr. Markham finally see Helen?
2. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
3. When Lady Lowborough visits in Chapter 31, how does Helen feel about her?
4. In Chapter 39, who does Helen confide in about her marital problems?
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon agree to let Helen do in Chapter 47?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)