|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hattersley try to hit Mr. Hargrave?
(a) For talking to his wife.
(b) Because he thinks he is someone else.
(c) For interfering with his argument.
(d) Because he is drunk.
2. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The caves.
(b) The city.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The shore.
3. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
(a) His relationship with Annabella.
(b) His gambling.
(c) His jokes.
(d) His friendship with Lord Lowborough.
4. In Chapter 47, what does Eliza say about Helen?
(a) That her real name is Mrs. Hargrave.
(b) She doesn't speak about Helen.
(c) That she is a liar.
(d) That she reunited with her husband.
5. In Chapter 31, why does Lord Lowborough spend his nights walking?
(a) Because Lady Lowborough insists upon it.
(b) Because he likes the quiet.
(c) Because it's good for his health.
(d) Because he doesn't drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Chapter 16 take place?
2. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
3. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
4. In Chapter 32, how does Mr. Hattersley upset his wife?
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon fear in Chapter 48?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)