|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her education.
(d) Her accent.
2. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
(a) Because he found one that belonged to his sister.
(b) Mrs. Graham asks him to.
(c) As a birthday present.
(d) So he can visit the Grahams.
3. In Chapter 52, what worries Mr. Markham about Helen's uncle's death?
(a) Helen was very close with her uncle.
(b) She may decide to stay unmarried.
(c) She is now wealthier than he is.
(d) Her uncle wanted her to move to the Americas.
4. Why does Mrs. Graham say she brought her son with her in Chapter 3?
(a) Because she can't visit without him.
(b) Because Rose wanted to meet him.
(c) She doesn't explain.
(d) Because he asked to go.
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
(a) He visits unexpectedly.
(b) Helen's aunt shows it to him.
(c) He looks through her work.
(d) She shows it to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, where does Mr. Huntingdon go for the fall?
2. In Chapter 30, why doesn't Helen talk to Mr. Huntingdon about his lying?
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when Helen visits her sick brother?
4. In Chapter 45, why does Helen say she can never see Mr. Markham again?
5. When Helen first arrives at Wildfell Hall, what does she note there isn't a lot of?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)