|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 49-53.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
(a) Because they owe him money.
(b) Because he is sick.
(c) To meet Helen.
(d) To hunt.
2. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
(a) On his way to town.
(b) On his way to Wildfell Hall.
(c) At the local pub.
(d) On his way to church.
3. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
(a) From his mother.
(b) He sees her himself.
(c) From his sister.
(d) From his friend.
4. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
(a) She makes him promise to keep it a secret.
(b) She removes some of the pages.
(c) She writes more pages.
(d) She cries.
5. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
(a) To only marry a wealthy man.
(b) Not to marry a man who is wealthy.
(c) Not to marry a man who is interested in her looks.
(d) To have her father approve of the man before marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Huntingdon learn about his wife's plan to leave him?
2. Why does Helen's aunt want her to live at Staningley?
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon ask Helen to help him do in Chapter 49?
4. What does Frederick say about Helen staying at Wildfell Hall in Chapter 41?
5. Who does Helen write to to have them prepare Wildfell Hall for her?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)