|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
(a) He sees her himself.
(b) From his sister.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his friend.
2. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
(a) Because he read her mail.
(b) Because she started painting again.
(c) Because she was talking to Mr. Hargrave.
(d) Because he was drinking.
3. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
(a) She is going to marry for love.
(b) She is going to marry for money.
(c) She is going to travel before she marries.
(d) She is not going to marry anyone.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
(a) A cat.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A dog.
(d) A fish.
5. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
(a) A poem.
(b) A song.
(c) A painting.
(d) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Helen write to to have them prepare Wildfell Hall for her?
2. How does Mr. Walter Hargrave try to win over Helen?
3. In Chapter 42, what makes Helen believe she can stay in her marriage?
4. When Lady Lowborough visits in Chapter 31, how does Helen feel about her?
5. In Chapter 30, why doesn't Helen talk to Mr. Huntingdon about his lying?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)