|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) Like he is angry.
(b) Like he is sad.
(c) Like he is ashamed.
(d) Like he is proud.
2. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He refuses the help.
(b) He thanks him.
(c) He hits him again.
(d) He walks away.
3. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
(a) Mr. Millward.
(b) Mrs. Markham.
(c) Mr. Markham.
4. In Chapter 35, when does Helen find Lady Lowborough awaiting Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) After dinner.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In the morning.
(d) In the middle of the night.
5. In Chapter 33, why do Mr. Huntingdon's friends say he stopped drinking?
(a) For love.
(b) To prove a point.
(c) For his health.
(d) To save money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
3. What does Helen do when Mr. Hargrave offers her protection in Chapter 39?
4. In Chapter 25, how long do the Huntingdons spend in London?
5. In Chapter 36, what happens when Helen asks about Mr. Huntingdon's health?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)