|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 36, what happens when Helen asks about Mr. Huntingdon's health?
(a) He hugs her.
(b) He breaks down crying.
(c) He is rude to her.
(d) He ignores her.
2. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
(a) Because she wants her uncle's approval.
(b) Because she loves someone else.
(c) Because she is mad at him.
(d) Because of Annabella's love for him.
3. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
(a) She is not going to marry anyone.
(b) She is going to travel before she marries.
(c) She is going to marry for love.
(d) She is going to marry for money.
4. In Chapter 39, who does Helen confide in about her marital problems?
(a) Mr. Hattersley.
(b) Her vicor.
(d) Mr. Hargrave.
5. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
(a) Because her aunt tells her to.
(b) Because she is embarrassed.
(c) Because she doesn't like the work.
(d) Because Mr. Huntingdon makes fun of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
2. Where does Helen's diary end?
3. What does Lord Lowborough do after learning about his wife's affair?
4. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
5. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)