|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The garden.
(c) The art studio.
(d) The kitchen.
2. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
(a) To stop the affair.
(b) To go back home.
(c) To tell her husband.
(d) To stop being polite.
3. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
(a) Because he needs help.
(b) Because of his dog.
(c) Because Mr. Markham called him over.
(d) Because his mother sent him.
4. In Chapter 43, what does Helen say she worries about most in regards to her son?
(a) His faith.
(b) His morality.
(c) His future.
(d) His safety.
5. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
(a) She turns them around.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She offers to sell them to him.
(d) She leaves the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
2. In Chapter 32, why does Milicent want Helen to advise his sister on marriage?
3. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
4. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
5. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)