|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham do after reading Helen's diary?
(a) Apologizes to her.
(b) Promises to keep her safe.
(c) Takes back his confession of love.
(d) Meets with her brother.
2. How does Helen sneak away from home to leave for Wildfell Hall?
(a) She leaves early in the morning.
(b) She gets her husband drunk.
(c) She waits until her husband is out of town.
(d) She goes in the middle of the night.
3. What does Helen do when Mr. Hargrave offers her protection in Chapter 39?
(a) She says she will talk to him about it later.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She turns it down.
(d) She accepts it.
4. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
(a) Because Helen burned her drawnings.
(b) Because Annabella began to show interest.
(c) Because Helen said she no longer liked him.
(d) Because Helen's aunt told him to.
5. In Chapter 35, when does Helen find Lady Lowborough awaiting Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) After dinner.
(d) In the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 35, what favor does Lady Lowborough ask of Helen?
2. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
3. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
4. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
5. How does Lord Lowborough act when he finds out about his wife's affair?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)