|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, why doesn't Helen talk to Mr. Huntingdon about his lying?
(a) Because she is afraid.
(b) Because she falls asleep.
(c) Because he is angry.
(d) Because he is ill.
2. In Chapter 16, where is Helen returning from?
3. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
(a) Have a hunting trip.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Move to London.
(d) Buy a second house.
4. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
5. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
(a) To plan a vacation.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To help him out.
(d) To tell him a story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 33, who tries to tell Helen that her husband is being inappropriate?
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon refuse to do when Helen asks him about his lying in "Chapter 30"?
4. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
5. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)