|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hattersley try to hit Mr. Hargrave?
(a) For interfering with his argument.
(b) For talking to his wife.
(c) Because he is drunk.
(d) Because he thinks he is someone else.
2. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
(a) To hurt her.
(b) To entertain her.
(c) To see how she would react.
(d) To save her.
4. What does Mr. Huntingdon refuse to do when Helen asks him about his lying in "Chapter 30"?
(a) Travel with her.
(b) Stop lying.
(c) Talk to her.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
(a) Thanks him.
(b) Gives him a book in return.
(c) Says nothing.
(d) Asks to pay for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 45, why does Helen say she can never see Mr. Markham again?
3. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 33, why do Mr. Huntingdon's friends say he stopped drinking?
5. Where does Helen want to go with her son in Chapter 39?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)