|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) On a napkin.
(b) In the corner of a still-life.
(c) On the back of another drawing.
(d) In her diary.
2. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
4. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because he is old.
(b) Because of his habits.
(c) Because of his mother.
(d) Because he is poor.
5. In Chapter 36, what happens when Helen asks about Mr. Huntingdon's health?
(a) He is rude to her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He breaks down crying.
(d) He hugs her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
2. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when Helen visits her sick brother?
4. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
5. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)