|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
(a) Her living arrangements.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her money issues.
(d) Her health.
2. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
(a) Because she started painting again.
(b) Because he was drinking.
(c) Because she was talking to Mr. Hargrave.
(d) Because he read her mail.
3. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 45, why does Helen say she can never see Mr. Markham again?
(a) Because she dislikes him.
(b) Because he knows the truth.
(c) Because she likes him too much.
(d) Because of her wedding vows.
5. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) Rose confirms the rumor.
(b) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
(c) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
(d) He overhears their conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
2. What does Helen do when Lady Lowborough shows up to hunt in Chapter 38?
3. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
4. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
5. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)