|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
(a) Because she started painting again.
(b) Because he was drinking.
(c) Because he read her mail.
(d) Because she was talking to Mr. Hargrave.
2. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
(a) He leaves town.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He writes to his uncle.
(d) He slaps her.
3. In Chapter 36, what happens when Helen asks about Mr. Huntingdon's health?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He is rude to her.
(c) He hugs her.
(d) He breaks down crying.
4. How does Helen sneak away from home to leave for Wildfell Hall?
(a) She goes in the middle of the night.
(b) She gets her husband drunk.
(c) She waits until her husband is out of town.
(d) She leaves early in the morning.
5. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
(a) He is a shopowner.
(b) He is a vicar.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
2. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
3. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
4. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
5. In Chapter 33, who tries to tell Helen that her husband is being inappropriate?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)