|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a shopowner.
(d) He is a vicar.
2. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
(a) At the local pub.
(b) On his way to church.
(c) On his way to town.
(d) On his way to Wildfell Hall.
3. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
(a) She is going to travel before she marries.
(b) She is not going to marry anyone.
(c) She is going to marry for love.
(d) She is going to marry for money.
4. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
5. What does Helen admit to doing in Chapter 30?
(a) Reading Mr. Huntingdon's mail.
(b) Drinking at night.
(c) Hiding from her marriage.
(d) Laughing at her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, why does Milicent want Helen to advise his sister on marriage?
2. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
3. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
4. In Chapter 31, why does Lord Lowborough spend his nights walking?
5. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)