|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 35, when does Helen find Lady Lowborough awaiting Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) In the morning.
(d) After dinner.
2. In Chapter 35, what favor does Lady Lowborough ask of Helen?
(a) To let her borrow a dress.
(b) To keep Mr. Huntingdon from drinking.
(c) To not tell her husband about the affair.
(d) To travel without Mr. Huntingdon.
3. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
(a) That he will hurt whoever is spreading the rumors.
(b) That he wants to protect her.
(c) That he is sorry.
(d) That he thinks she is foolish.
4. In Chapter 32, why does Milicent want Helen to advise his sister on marriage?
(a) Because she trusts Helen.
(b) Because he doesn't want her to end up like Helen.
(c) Because he thinks Helen is kind.
(d) Because he wants her to be picky.
5. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his good looks.
(b) For his land.
(c) For his money.
(d) For his title.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen do when Lady Lowborough shows up to hunt in Chapter 38?
2. In Chapter 41, what does Helen do while her husband is in London?
3. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
4. Who does Mr. Huntingdon question when he realizes Helen is gone?
5. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)