|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
(a) Because he was drinking.
(b) Because he read her mail.
(c) Because she was talking to Mr. Hargrave.
(d) Because she started painting again.
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
(b) Money issues.
(d) His health.
3. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
4. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) Like he is sad.
(b) Like he is ashamed.
(c) Like he is proud.
(d) Like he is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
2. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
3. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
4. In Chapter 45, why does Helen say she can never see Mr. Markham again?
5. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)