|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, when does Mr. Huntingdon kiss Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) After she wins a game of cards.
(b) After she plays a song on the piano.
(c) When she is leaving their house.
(d) When she gets out of a carriage.
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
(a) Divorced his wife.
(b) Started stealing.
(c) Began drinking.
(d) Moved to the country.
3. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
(a) She is going to marry for money.
(b) She is not going to marry anyone.
(c) She is going to travel before she marries.
(d) She is going to marry for love.
4. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
(a) Because of Annabella's love for him.
(b) Because she is mad at him.
(c) Because she wants her uncle's approval.
(d) Because she loves someone else.
5. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Helen first arrives at Wildfell Hall, what does she note there isn't a lot of?
2. In Chapter 16, where is Helen returning from?
3. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
4. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)