|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 42, what makes Helen believe she can stay in her marriage?
(a) Her husband quit drinking.
(b) Her husband's new attitude.
(c) The amount of time her husband is gone.
(d) Her son asks her to.
2. What does Helen do when Lady Lowborough shows up to hunt in Chapter 38?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She sends her home.
(c) She threatens her.
(d) She greets her kindly.
3. How does Mr. Walter Hargrave try to win over Helen?
(a) By bringing her presents.
(b) By making fun of her husband.
(c) By complimenting her house.
(d) By playing with her son.
4. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
5. How does Lord Lowborough act when he finds out about his wife's affair?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is content.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, why doesn't Helen talk to Mr. Huntingdon about his lying?
2. Why is Mr. Hattersley in town in Chapter 42?
3. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 30, where does Mr. Huntingdon go for the fall?
5. What does Lord Lowborough do after learning about his wife's affair?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)