|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Huntingdon learn about his wife's plan to leave him?
(a) Mr. Hargrave tells him.
(b) He reads her diary.
(c) He overhears her talking about it.
(d) He finds her money.
2. What does Mr. Markham do after reading Helen's diary?
(a) Takes back his confession of love.
(b) Promises to keep her safe.
(c) Meets with her brother.
(d) Apologizes to her.
3. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because of his habits.
(b) Because of his mother.
(c) Because he is old.
(d) Because he is poor.
4. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
(a) Because she loves someone else.
(b) Because she wants her uncle's approval.
(c) Because she is mad at him.
(d) Because of Annabella's love for him.
5. Who does Mr. Huntingdon question when he realizes Helen is gone?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Mr. Hargrave.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
2. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
3. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
4. In Chapter 39, why does Helen begin to paint again?
5. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)