|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
(a) Because of his dog.
(b) Because Mr. Markham called him over.
(c) Because he needs help.
(d) Because his mother sent him.
2. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
(a) Because she was talking to Mr. Hargrave.
(b) Because she started painting again.
(c) Because he was drinking.
(d) Because he read her mail.
3. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
(a) A song.
(b) A painting.
(c) A poem.
(d) A letter.
4. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
5. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
(a) Because of Annabella's love for him.
(b) Because she wants her uncle's approval.
(c) Because she loves someone else.
(d) Because she is mad at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
2. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
3. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
4. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when Helen visits her sick brother?
5. Why does Helen begin planning to leave again in Chapter 43?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)