|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
(a) His gambling.
(b) His relationship with Annabella.
(c) His friendship with Lord Lowborough.
(d) His jokes.
2. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
(a) Because her son carries them.
(b) Because he is too shy to ask.
(c) Because someone else asks first.
(d) Because she carries them herself.
3. In Chapter 39, who does Helen confide in about her marital problems?
(a) Her vicor.
(c) Mr. Hargrave.
(d) Mr. Hattersley.
4. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
(a) Because she wants her uncle's approval.
(b) Because she loves someone else.
(c) Because of Annabella's love for him.
(d) Because she is mad at him.
5. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
(a) The 1830s.
(b) The 1840s.
(c) The 1810s.
(d) The 1820s.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what embarrasses Helen?
2. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
4. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)