|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A fish.
2. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because he is poor.
(b) Because he is old.
(c) Because of his habits.
(d) Because of his mother.
3. In Chapter 30, why doesn't Helen talk to Mr. Huntingdon about his lying?
(a) Because he is ill.
(b) Because he is angry.
(c) Because she falls asleep.
(d) Because she is afraid.
4. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
(a) Because of his dog.
(b) Because he needs help.
(c) Because Mr. Markham called him over.
(d) Because his mother sent him.
5. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
(b) To her aunt's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when Helen visits her sick brother?
3. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
4. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
5. In Chapter 36, what happens when Helen asks about Mr. Huntingdon's health?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)