|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederick say about Helen staying at Wildfell Hall in Chapter 41?
(a) That he doesn't want her there.
(b) That she will be much happier.
(c) That she should try to make her marriage work first.
(d) That she will need to clean the place.
2. Who does Mr. Huntingdon question when he realizes Helen is gone?
(b) Mr. Hargrave.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her aunt.
3. Why is Mr. Hattersley in town in Chapter 42?
(a) To visit with Helen.
(b) For business.
(c) To visit his mother-in-law.
(d) Milicent asked him to come to town.
4. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
(a) The library.
(b) The town's center.
(c) The pub.
(d) The farm lands.
5. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
(a) The 1830s.
(b) The 1810s.
(c) The 1820s.
(d) The 1840s.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
2. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
3. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
4. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
5. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)