|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helen sneak away from home to leave for Wildfell Hall?
(a) She gets her husband drunk.
(b) She goes in the middle of the night.
(c) She waits until her husband is out of town.
(d) She leaves early in the morning.
2. In Chapter 39, why does Helen begin to paint again?
(a) To escape her life.
(b) To earn money.
(c) To decorate her house.
(d) To teach her son.
3. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The city.
(b) The caves.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The shore.
4. Why does Helen begin planning to leave again in Chapter 43?
(a) Because her husband starts to drink again.
(b) Because her husband hires his mistress.
(c) Because she saves up enough money.
(d) Because her husband is spending all their money.
5. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
(a) He writes to his uncle.
(b) He leaves town.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He slaps her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
3. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
4. What does Frederick say about Helen staying at Wildfell Hall in Chapter 41?
5. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)