|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(a) Mrs. Graham.
(c) He walks alone.
2. In Chapter 35, when does Helen find Lady Lowborough awaiting Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In the middle of the night.
(b) In the morning.
(c) After dinner.
(d) In the afternoon.
3. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
(b) He overhears their conversation.
(c) Rose confirms the rumor.
(d) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
4. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
(a) They can't spend much money.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) It isn't long enough.
(d) They don't go out on the town.
5. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because she is poor.
(b) Because he's too young.
(c) Because she won't treat him well.
(d) Because of her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
2. In Chapter 33, why do Mr. Huntingdon's friends say he stopped drinking?
3. What does Helen admit to doing in Chapter 30?
4. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)