|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In the corner of a still-life.
(b) On a napkin.
(c) In her diary.
(d) On the back of another drawing.
2. When does Chapter 16 take place?
(a) Two years earlier.
(b) Six years earlier.
(c) One year earlier.
(d) Four years earlier.
3. When Lady Lowborough visits in Chapter 31, how does Helen feel about her?
4. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
(a) A song.
(b) A poem.
(c) A letter.
(d) A painting.
5. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen in Chapter 36?
3. In Chapter 16, where is Helen returning from?
4. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
5. What does Helen do when Lady Lowborough shows up to hunt in Chapter 38?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)