|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Chapter 16 take place?
(a) Four years earlier.
(b) Six years earlier.
(c) One year earlier.
(d) Two years earlier.
2. Why does Mrs. Graham say she brought her son with her in Chapter 3?
(a) Because he asked to go.
(b) Because she can't visit without him.
(c) She doesn't explain.
(d) Because Rose wanted to meet him.
3. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
(a) Because his mother sent him.
(b) Because of his dog.
(c) Because Mr. Markham called him over.
(d) Because he needs help.
4. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
(a) To save her.
(b) To entertain her.
(c) To hurt her.
(d) To see how she would react.
5. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
(a) Her money issues.
(b) Her living arrangements.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her health.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
3. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
5. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)