|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
(a) He is a shopowner.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a vicar.
(d) He is a farmer.
2. In Chapter 37, why does Helen turn down Mr. Hargrave's offer of an affair?
(a) Because she still loves her husband.
(b) Because she is legally married.
(c) Because she dislikes him.
(d) Because she wants to protect her son.
3. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
(a) Next year.
(b) Within a month.
(c) When she feels like it.
(d) The following day.
4. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
(a) Because she is embarrassed.
(b) Because she doesn't like the work.
(c) Because Mr. Huntingdon makes fun of them.
(d) Because her aunt tells her to.
5. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
(c) The best seat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen admit to doing in Chapter 30?
2. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
3. When Lord Lowborough finds out about his wife's affair, what does his friend suggest?
4. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)