|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, when does Mr. Huntingdon kiss Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) When she gets out of a carriage.
(b) After she plays a song on the piano.
(c) When she is leaving their house.
(d) After she wins a game of cards.
2. Why does Mrs. Graham say she brought her son with her in Chapter 3?
(a) Because she can't visit without him.
(b) Because Rose wanted to meet him.
(c) She doesn't explain.
(d) Because he asked to go.
3. When Lady Lowborough visits in Chapter 31, how does Helen feel about her?
4. What does Mr. Huntingdon refuse to do when Helen asks him about his lying in "Chapter 30"?
(b) Talk to her.
(c) Stop lying.
(d) Travel with her.
5. In Chapter 26, what embarrasses Helen?
(a) Mr. Huntingdon's drinking.
(b) Mr. Huntingdon's flirting with Lady Lowborough.
(c) Her pregnant stomach.
(d) Her outdated clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
2. Why does Mr. Hattersley try to hit Mr. Hargrave?
3. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
4. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
5. What does Helen admit to doing in Chapter 30?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)