|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
(a) His relationship with Annabella.
(b) His gambling.
(c) His friendship with Lord Lowborough.
(d) His jokes.
2. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
(a) Let it do as it will.
(b) Let you follow the rules.
(c) Let us be as we were.
(d) Let me alone.
3. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(b) Mrs. Graham.
(d) He walks alone.
4. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
(a) Because Helen's aunt told him to.
(b) Because Helen said she no longer liked him.
(c) Because Helen burned her drawnings.
(d) Because Annabella began to show interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
2. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
3. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
4. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 29, why do the neighbors visit Helen?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)