|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 39, what worries Helen about her son?
(a) He dresses like a pauper.
(b) He swears at her.
(c) He is no longer doing his lessons.
(d) He has been drinking with his father.
2. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
3. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
(a) She leaves the room.
(b) She offers to sell them to him.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She turns them around.
4. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
(a) Gives him a book in return.
(b) Thanks him.
(c) Says nothing.
(d) Asks to pay for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lady Lowborough visits in Chapter 31, how does Helen feel about her?
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
3. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
4. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
5. What season is it in Chapter 6?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)