|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when Helen visits her sick brother?
(a) Reads her diary.
(c) Throws a party.
(d) Leaves for London.
2. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
(a) Because he was drinking.
(b) Because he read her mail.
(c) Because she started painting again.
(d) Because she was talking to Mr. Hargrave.
3. In Chapter 35, when does Helen find Lady Lowborough awaiting Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) After dinner.
(d) In the morning.
4. In Chapter 16, where is Helen returning from?
5. Why does Helen dislike Mr. Boarham?
(a) Because he is old.
(b) Because he is boring.
(c) Because he drinks.
(d) Because he is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
2. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
4. What does Lord Lowborough do after learning about his wife's affair?
5. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)