|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Huntingdon send Helen home from London before himself?
(a) Because he has business.
(b) Because she is boring.
(c) Because it is cheaper.
(d) Because they were arguing.
2. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
(a) He is a shopowner.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a vicar.
(d) He is a farmer.
3. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
(a) The town's center.
(b) The library.
(c) The pub.
(d) The farm lands.
4. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
(a) To go back home.
(b) To tell her husband.
(c) To stop being polite.
(d) To stop the affair.
5. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
(a) Not to marry a man who is interested in her looks.
(b) Not to marry a man who is wealthy.
(c) To have her father approve of the man before marriage.
(d) To only marry a wealthy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when Helen visits her sick brother?
2. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
3. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
4. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
5. Why does Mr. Hargrave offer Helen protection in Chapter 39?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)