|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lord Lowborough finds out about his wife's affair, what does his friend suggest?
(b) A dual.
(c) That the leave immediately.
2. What does Helen do when Mr. Hargrave offers her protection in Chapter 39?
(a) She says she will talk to him about it later.
(b) She turns it down.
(c) She accepts it.
(d) She ignores him.
3. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
(a) The town's center.
(b) The library.
(c) The farm lands.
(d) The pub.
4. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
(c) Money issues.
(d) His health.
5. Where does Helen want to go with her son in Chapter 39?
(a) European continent.
(d) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
2. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
3. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
4. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
5. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)