|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
(a) Let you follow the rules.
(b) Let us be as we were.
(c) Let it do as it will.
(d) Let me alone.
2. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
(a) She makes him promise to keep it a secret.
(b) She cries.
(c) She removes some of the pages.
(d) She writes more pages.
3. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
(a) To stop the affair.
(b) To go back home.
(c) To tell her husband.
(d) To stop being polite.
4. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
5. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
2. In Chapter 39, what worries Helen about her son?
3. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
4. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 31, why does Lord Lowborough spend his nights walking?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)