|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
(a) Why he fought with Mr. Lawrence.
(b) Why he loves her.
(c) Why he has been ignoring her.
(d) Why he is so annoying.
2. What does Helen admit to doing in Chapter 30?
(a) Reading Mr. Huntingdon's mail.
(b) Hiding from her marriage.
(c) Laughing at her husband.
(d) Drinking at night.
3. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because it's too dark.
(b) Because there isn't a fireplace.
(c) Because it's under construction.
(d) Because it's too drafty.
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
(a) He visits unexpectedly.
(b) She shows it to him.
(c) He looks through her work.
(d) Helen's aunt shows it to him.
5. In Chapter 32, how does Mr. Hattersley upset his wife?
(a) By teasing her.
(b) By drinking too much.
(c) By talking about another woman.
(d) By getting into an argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
2. When Lady Lowborough visits in Chapter 31, how does Helen feel about her?
3. Why does Helen dislike Mr. Boarham?
4. In Chapter 35, when does Helen find Lady Lowborough awaiting Mr. Huntingdon?
5. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)