|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when Helen visits her sick brother?
(a) Throws a party.
(c) Leaves for London.
(d) Reads her diary.
2. In Chapter 32, how does Mr. Hattersley upset his wife?
(a) By talking about another woman.
(b) By drinking too much.
(c) By getting into an argument.
(d) By teasing her.
3. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his money.
(b) For his title.
(c) For his land.
(d) For his good looks.
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen in Chapter 36?
(a) He yells at him to make the boy upset.
(b) He teaches him to ignore his mother.
(c) He sends him away on vacation.
(d) He dresses him in terrible clothing.
5. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
(a) She leaves the room.
(b) She turns them around.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She offers to sell them to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen do when Mr. Hargrave offers her protection in Chapter 39?
2. How does Helen learn about her husband stopping drinking in Chapter 33?
3. In Chapter 29, why do the neighbors visit Helen?
4. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
5. In Chapter 36, what happens when Helen asks about Mr. Huntingdon's health?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)