|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hargrave offer Helen protection in Chapter 39?
(a) So she can still have an inheritance.
(b) So she can leave her husband.
(c) So she won't have to worry about Lady Lowborough.
(d) So her son will be educated.
2. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) On a napkin.
(b) On the back of another drawing.
(c) In her diary.
(d) In the corner of a still-life.
3. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
(a) From his friend.
(b) From his sister.
(c) He sees her himself.
(d) From his mother.
4. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
(a) Because he needs help.
(b) Because his mother sent him.
(c) Because Mr. Markham called him over.
(d) Because of his dog.
5. When Lord Lowborough finds out about his wife's affair, what does his friend suggest?
(a) That the leave immediately.
(c) A dual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
2. In Chapter 32, why does Milicent want Helen to advise his sister on marriage?
3. What does Lord Lowborough do after learning about his wife's affair?
4. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
5. When does Chapter 16 take place?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)