|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what embarrasses Helen?
(a) Mr. Huntingdon's drinking.
(b) Her outdated clothing.
(c) Her pregnant stomach.
(d) Mr. Huntingdon's flirting with Lady Lowborough.
2. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 29, why do the neighbors visit Helen?
(a) Because Mr. Huntingdon is out of town.
(b) Because they need help marrying off a daughter.
(c) Because they are being polite.
(d) Because Helen invites them.
4. What does Helen admit to doing in Chapter 30?
(a) Laughing at her husband.
(b) Drinking at night.
(c) Hiding from her marriage.
(d) Reading Mr. Huntingdon's mail.
5. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
2. In Chapter 35, when does Helen find Lady Lowborough awaiting Mr. Huntingdon?
3. In Chapter 39, why does Helen begin to paint again?
4. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)