|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
(a) Divorced his wife.
(b) Started stealing.
(c) Moved to the country.
(d) Began drinking.
2. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
(a) Because she started painting again.
(b) Because she was talking to Mr. Hargrave.
(c) Because he read her mail.
(d) Because he was drinking.
3. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
(a) Because her aunt tells her to.
(b) Because Mr. Huntingdon makes fun of them.
(c) Because she doesn't like the work.
(d) Because she is embarrassed.
4. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his money.
(b) For his good looks.
(c) For his land.
(d) For his title.
5. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
(a) The rooms he has for rent.
(b) What gossip he has heard.
(c) His financial situation.
(d) His relationship with Mrs. Graham.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
3. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
4. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)