|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
(a) Because she is mad at him.
(b) Because she loves someone else.
(c) Because of Annabella's love for him.
(d) Because she wants her uncle's approval.
2. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He stumbles down steps.
(b) He falls off his horse.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He hits back, quickly.
3. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
(a) When she feels like it.
(b) The following day.
(c) Within a month.
(d) Next year.
4. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
(a) Mrs. Markham.
(b) Mr. Millward.
(d) Mr. Markham.
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon refuse to do when Helen asks him about his lying in "Chapter 30"?
(a) Stop lying.
(b) Travel with her.
(c) Talk to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
2. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
3. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
4. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
5. How does Mr. Walter Hargrave try to win over Helen?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)