|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
(b) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
(c) He overhears their conversation.
(d) Rose confirms the rumor.
2. In Chapter 25, how long do the Huntingdons spend in London?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
3. In Chapter 35, when does Helen find Lady Lowborough awaiting Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) In the morning.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) After dinner.
4. When Lord Lowborough finds out about his wife's affair, what does his friend suggest?
(a) That the leave immediately.
(c) A dual.
5. In Chapter 16, where is Helen returning from?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lord Lowborough act when he finds out about his wife's affair?
2. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
3. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
4. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
5. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)