|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, why doesn't Helen talk to Mr. Huntingdon about his lying?
(a) Because she falls asleep.
(b) Because he is angry.
(c) Because he is ill.
(d) Because she is afraid.
2. When Lady Lowborough visits in Chapter 31, how does Helen feel about her?
3. What season is it in Chapter 6?
4. What does Helen do when Lady Lowborough shows up to hunt in Chapter 38?
(a) She threatens her.
(b) She sends her home.
(c) She greets her kindly.
(d) She ignores her.
5. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
(b) He overhears their conversation.
(c) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
(d) Rose confirms the rumor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
2. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
3. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
4. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
5. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)