|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
(a) From his friend.
(b) He sees her himself.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his sister.
2. How does Lord Lowborough act when he finds out about his wife's affair?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is content.
3. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he is bored.
(b) Because he is upset.
(c) Because he needs the money.
(d) Because he wants a promotion.
4. In Chapter 29, why do the neighbors visit Helen?
(a) Because Helen invites them.
(b) Because Mr. Huntingdon is out of town.
(c) Because they are being polite.
(d) Because they need help marrying off a daughter.
5. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
(a) To hurt her.
(b) To entertain her.
(c) To save her.
(d) To see how she would react.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen learn about her husband stopping drinking in Chapter 33?
2. In Chapter 37, how does Mr. Hargrave try to convince Helen to have an affair?
3. In Chapter 23, how does Mr. Huntingdon act while at home?
4. In Chapter 39, what worries Helen about her son?
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)