|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
(a) Because he found one that belonged to his sister.
(b) Mrs. Graham asks him to.
(c) So he can visit the Grahams.
(d) As a birthday present.
2. When Lord Lowborough finds out about his wife's affair, what does his friend suggest?
(a) That the leave immediately.
(d) A dual.
3. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To have tea.
(b) To see Eliza.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To work.
4. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
(a) She is pleased.
(b) She is embarrassed.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is appalled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
3. In Chapter 35, what favor does Lady Lowborough ask of Helen?
4. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
5. What does Helen admit to doing in Chapter 30?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)