|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
(a) She is going to travel before she marries.
(b) She is going to marry for money.
(c) She is going to marry for love.
(d) She is not going to marry anyone.
2. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
(a) Let us be as we were.
(b) Let me alone.
(c) Let you follow the rules.
(d) Let it do as it will.
3. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
(a) That they are funny.
(b) That they are false.
(c) That they are hurting him, too.
(d) That they are true.
4. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
(a) To see how she would react.
(b) To save her.
(c) To entertain her.
(d) To hurt her.
5. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he is upset.
(b) Because he wants a promotion.
(c) Because he is bored.
(d) Because he needs the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 32, why does Milicent want Helen to advise his sister on marriage?
3. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
4. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
5. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)