|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
(a) To tell him a story.
(b) To plan a vacation.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To help him out.
2. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
(a) Because her aunt tells her to.
(b) Because Mr. Huntingdon makes fun of them.
(c) Because she doesn't like the work.
(d) Because she is embarrassed.
3. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
(a) Because her son carries them.
(b) Because he is too shy to ask.
(c) Because someone else asks first.
(d) Because she carries them herself.
4. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
(a) Because Helen's aunt told him to.
(b) Because Helen said she no longer liked him.
(c) Because Annabella began to show interest.
(d) Because Helen burned her drawnings.
5. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
(a) Because his mother sent him.
(b) Because he needs help.
(c) Because of his dog.
(d) Because Mr. Markham called him over.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
3. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
4. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
5. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)