|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it in Chapter 6?
2. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
(a) Buy a second house.
(b) Have a hunting trip.
(c) Write a novel.
(d) Move to London.
3. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
(a) So he can visit the Grahams.
(b) As a birthday present.
(c) Mrs. Graham asks him to.
(d) Because he found one that belonged to his sister.
4. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He hits him again.
(b) He thanks him.
(c) He refuses the help.
(d) He walks away.
5. In Chapter 26, what embarrasses Helen?
(a) Her outdated clothing.
(b) Her pregnant stomach.
(c) Mr. Huntingdon's drinking.
(d) Mr. Huntingdon's flirting with Lady Lowborough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
2. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
3. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
4. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
5. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)