|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
(a) Because Mrs. Graham calls to him.
(b) Because he left something there.
(c) To listen in on Mrs. Graham's conversations.
(d) To see Mrs. Graham one more time.
2. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
(a) She is less pretty each day.
(b) She is uneducated.
(c) She is too demanding.
(d) She is too religious.
3. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The caves.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The city.
(d) The shore.
4. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because he is poor.
(b) Because of his mother.
(c) Because he is old.
(d) Because of his habits.
5. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
(a) Mr. Wilmot's.
(b) Mr. Huntingdon's.
(c) Her uncle's.
(d) Mr. Boarham's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
2. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
4. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)