|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
(a) They don't go out on the town.
(b) It isn't long enough.
(c) They can't spend much money.
(d) It is too cold.
2. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(a) He walks alone.
(d) Mrs. Graham.
3. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
(a) That he is sorry.
(b) That he wants to protect her.
(c) That he thinks she is foolish.
(d) That he will hurt whoever is spreading the rumors.
4. Why does Mrs. Graham say she brought her son with her in Chapter 3?
(a) Because he asked to go.
(b) She doesn't explain.
(c) Because Rose wanted to meet him.
(d) Because she can't visit without him.
5. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
(a) That it has been damaged.
(b) That it is good.
(c) That it rules her life.
(d) That it is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
2. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
3. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
4. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
5. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)