|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
2. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In the corner of a still-life.
(b) On the back of another drawing.
(c) On a napkin.
(d) In her diary.
3. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
(a) Because Helen's aunt told him to.
(b) Because Helen burned her drawnings.
(c) Because Helen said she no longer liked him.
(d) Because Annabella began to show interest.
4. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The art studio.
(d) The garden.
5. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
(a) The rooms he has for rent.
(b) What gossip he has heard.
(c) His financial situation.
(d) His relationship with Mrs. Graham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
2. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
3. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Helen dislike Mr. Boarham?
5. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)