|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
(a) So she will feel better.
(b) So he will stop loving her.
(c) So he can laugh.
(d) So he knows the truth.
2. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
(a) On his way to town.
(b) On his way to Wildfell Hall.
(c) On his way to church.
(d) At the local pub.
3. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
(a) Mr. Boarham's.
(b) Her uncle's.
(c) Mr. Huntingdon's.
(d) Mr. Wilmot's.
4. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
5. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
(a) Because of his dog.
(b) Because Mr. Markham called him over.
(c) Because his mother sent him.
(d) Because he needs help.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
2. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
3. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)