|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
(a) Because she is embarrassed.
(b) Because she doesn't like the work.
(c) Because Mr. Huntingdon makes fun of them.
(d) Because her aunt tells her to.
2. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a shopowner.
(d) He is a vicar.
3. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
(a) Let it do as it will.
(b) Let me alone.
(c) Let us be as we were.
(d) Let you follow the rules.
4. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
5. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
2. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
3. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
5. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)