|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because he's too young.
(b) Because she won't treat him well.
(c) Because of her father.
(d) Because she is poor.
2. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
(a) Next year.
(b) When she feels like it.
(c) Within a month.
(d) The following day.
3. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
4. What season is it in Chapter 6?
5. When does Chapter 16 take place?
(a) Four years earlier.
(b) Six years earlier.
(c) One year earlier.
(d) Two years earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
2. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
3. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
4. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)