|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) Like he is sad.
(b) Like he is ashamed.
(c) Like he is proud.
(d) Like he is angry.
2. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
(a) A song.
(b) A letter.
(c) A painting.
(d) A poem.
3. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
(a) She is not going to marry anyone.
(b) She is going to marry for love.
(c) She is going to travel before she marries.
(d) She is going to marry for money.
4. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
(a) She is outraged.
(b) She is entertained.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She is confused.
5. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He hits back, quickly.
(c) He stumbles down steps.
(d) He falls off his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
2. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
3. In Chapter 25, how long do the Huntingdons spend in London?
4. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
5. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)