|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
(a) Because she doesn't like the work.
(b) Because her aunt tells her to.
(c) Because Mr. Huntingdon makes fun of them.
(d) Because she is embarrassed.
2. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
(a) Stories of past romances.
(b) Stories about his drinking.
(c) Stories about his travels.
(d) Stories of his gambling.
3. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
(a) Why he loves her.
(b) Why he is so annoying.
(c) Why he has been ignoring her.
(d) Why he fought with Mr. Lawrence.
4. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
(a) Mrs. Graham asks him to.
(b) So he can visit the Grahams.
(c) As a birthday present.
(d) Because he found one that belonged to his sister.
5. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
(a) Her living arrangements.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her money issues.
(d) Her health.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
2. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
3. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
4. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)