|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen dislike Mr. Boarham?
(a) Because he is poor.
(b) Because he drinks.
(c) Because he is boring.
(d) Because he is old.
2. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
(a) On his way to church.
(b) On his way to Wildfell Hall.
(c) On his way to town.
(d) At the local pub.
3. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because she is poor.
(b) Because of her father.
(c) Because he's too young.
(d) Because she won't treat him well.
4. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He stumbles down steps.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He falls off his horse.
(d) He hits back, quickly.
5. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
3. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 23, how does Mr. Huntingdon act while at home?
5. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)