|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
(a) Because of his dog.
(b) Because he needs help.
(c) Because Mr. Markham called him over.
(d) Because his mother sent him.
2. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
(a) A stick.
(b) A book.
(c) A riding crop.
(d) A whip.
3. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
(a) For her good looks.
(b) For her money.
(c) For her father's business.
(d) For her title.
4. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
(a) He laughs at it.
(b) He keeps it.
(c) He rips it.
(d) He pretends like he didn't actually see it.
5. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
(a) At the local pub.
(b) On his way to Wildfell Hall.
(c) On his way to town.
(d) On his way to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
2. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
4. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
5. Why does Helen dislike Mr. Boarham?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)