|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
(a) Asks to pay for it.
(b) Gives him a book in return.
(c) Says nothing.
(d) Thanks him.
2. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A farm.
(c) A small cottage.
(d) A shop.
3. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
(a) Because her aunt tells her to.
(b) Because she is embarrassed.
(c) Because Mr. Huntingdon makes fun of them.
(d) Because she doesn't like the work.
4. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To have tea.
(b) To see Eliza.
(c) To work.
(d) To ask for money.
5. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
(a) Because of his dog.
(b) Because his mother sent him.
(c) Because Mr. Markham called him over.
(d) Because he needs help.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, where is Helen returning from?
2. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
3. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
4. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
5. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)