|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
(a) For her money.
(b) For her good looks.
(c) For her father's business.
(d) For her title.
2. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To work.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To have tea.
(d) To see Eliza.
3. Why does Mrs. Graham say she brought her son with her in Chapter 3?
(a) She doesn't explain.
(b) Because Rose wanted to meet him.
(c) Because she can't visit without him.
(d) Because he asked to go.
4. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
5. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
(a) That he is sorry.
(b) That he will hurt whoever is spreading the rumors.
(c) That he wants to protect her.
(d) That he thinks she is foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
2. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
4. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 23, how does Mr. Huntingdon act while at home?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)