|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a vicar.
(c) He is a shopowner.
(d) He is a farmer.
2. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because he is poor.
(b) Because he is old.
(c) Because of his habits.
(d) Because of his mother.
4. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
(a) Because he has a business opportunity there.
(b) Because Helen asks him to.
(c) Because he has family there.
(d) Because Helen isn't talking to him.
5. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
(a) Write a novel.
(b) Have a hunting trip.
(c) Move to London.
(d) Buy a second house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
2. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
3. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)