|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
(a) That he will hurt whoever is spreading the rumors.
(b) That he thinks she is foolish.
(c) That he wants to protect her.
(d) That he is sorry.
2. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
(a) Mr. Wilmot's.
(b) Mr. Boarham's.
(c) Her uncle's.
(d) Mr. Huntingdon's.
3. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) She just walks away.
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
(a) She shows it to him.
(b) He looks through her work.
(c) Helen's aunt shows it to him.
(d) He visits unexpectedly.
5. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
(a) To help him out.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To plan a vacation.
(d) To tell him a story.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
2. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
3. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
4. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
5. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)