|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
2. In Chapter 16, where is Helen returning from?
3. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
(a) Because someone else asks first.
(b) Because she carries them herself.
(c) Because he is too shy to ask.
(d) Because her son carries them.
4. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) To speak with his mother.
(b) To talk to Eliza.
(c) To see Mrs. Graham.
(d) To go to see church.
5. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
(a) The pub.
(b) The farm lands.
(c) The library.
(d) The town's center.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
3. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
4. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
5. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)