|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
(a) He sees her himself.
(b) From his sister.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his friend.
2. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
(a) Because of Annabella's love for him.
(b) Because she wants her uncle's approval.
(c) Because she is mad at him.
(d) Because she loves someone else.
3. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
(a) Not to marry a man who is interested in her looks.
(b) Not to marry a man who is wealthy.
(c) To have her father approve of the man before marriage.
(d) To only marry a wealthy man.
4. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
(a) He laughs at it.
(b) He keeps it.
(c) He rips it.
(d) He pretends like he didn't actually see it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
2. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
3. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
4. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
5. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)