|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
(a) The library.
(b) The pub.
(c) The farm lands.
(d) The town's center.
2. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
(a) She offers to sell them to him.
(b) She turns them around.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She leaves the room.
3. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her money issues.
(c) Her living arrangements.
(d) Her health.
4. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because of his habits.
(b) Because he is old.
(c) Because he is poor.
(d) Because of his mother.
5. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
(a) She is not going to marry anyone.
(b) She is going to marry for money.
(c) She is going to marry for love.
(d) She is going to travel before she marries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
2. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
3. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)