|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
(a) Because he is sick.
(b) Because they owe him money.
(c) To hunt.
(d) To meet Helen.
2. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
3. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He hits him again.
(b) He refuses the help.
(c) He walks away.
(d) He thanks him.
4. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The art studio.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The garden.
(d) The kitchen.
5. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because she is poor.
(b) Because she won't treat him well.
(c) Because of her father.
(d) Because he's too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
3. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
4. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
5. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)