|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
2. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
(b) The best seat.
3. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
(a) A cat.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A dog.
(d) A fish.
4. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
(a) Why he fought with Mr. Lawrence.
(b) Why he has been ignoring her.
(c) Why he is so annoying.
(d) Why he loves her.
5. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
(a) She is going to marry for love.
(b) She is going to marry for money.
(c) She is going to travel before she marries.
(d) She is not going to marry anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
2. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
3. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
4. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
5. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)