|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her education.
(d) Her shoes.
2. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because he is poor.
(b) Because of his habits.
(c) Because of his mother.
(d) Because he is old.
3. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
(a) Because Annabella began to show interest.
(b) Because Helen said she no longer liked him.
(c) Because Helen's aunt told him to.
(d) Because Helen burned her drawnings.
4. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
(a) Because Mrs. Graham calls to him.
(b) To listen in on Mrs. Graham's conversations.
(c) Because he left something there.
(d) To see Mrs. Graham one more time.
5. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
2. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
3. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
4. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
5. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)