|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
2. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
3. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because of his mother.
(b) Because he is poor.
(c) Because of his habits.
(d) Because he is old.
4. What season is it in Chapter 6?
5. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
(a) Because Helen burned her drawnings.
(b) Because Helen said she no longer liked him.
(c) Because Annabella began to show interest.
(d) Because Helen's aunt told him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
2. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
3. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
4. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
5. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)