|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, where is Helen returning from?
2. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
(a) Because Mrs. Graham calls to him.
(b) Because he left something there.
(c) To listen in on Mrs. Graham's conversations.
(d) To see Mrs. Graham one more time.
4. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) On the back of another drawing.
(b) On a napkin.
(c) In the corner of a still-life.
(d) In her diary.
5. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because of his mother.
(b) Because he is old.
(c) Because he is poor.
(d) Because of his habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
2. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
3. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
4. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)