|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
(b) The best seat.
2. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
(a) She cries.
(b) She removes some of the pages.
(c) She writes more pages.
(d) She makes him promise to keep it a secret.
3. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The city.
(c) The shore.
(d) The caves.
4. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(a) He walks alone.
(b) Mrs. Graham.
5. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because of her father.
(b) Because she won't treat him well.
(c) Because he's too young.
(d) Because she is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
2. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
3. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
4. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)