|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
(a) So he will stop loving her.
(b) So she will feel better.
(c) So he can laugh.
(d) So he knows the truth.
3. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
(a) That he is sorry.
(b) That he thinks she is foolish.
(c) That he will hurt whoever is spreading the rumors.
(d) That he wants to protect her.
4. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her accent.
5. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
(a) She leaves the room.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She offers to sell them to him.
(d) She turns them around.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
2. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
5. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)