|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
(a) To tell him a story.
(b) To plan a vacation.
(c) To help him out.
(d) To ask for money.
2. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) He overhears their conversation.
(b) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
(c) Rose confirms the rumor.
(d) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
3. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
4. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
(a) Because of his dog.
(b) Because he needs help.
(c) Because his mother sent him.
(d) Because Mr. Markham called him over.
5. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
(a) Because she loves someone else.
(b) Because she is mad at him.
(c) Because of Annabella's love for him.
(d) Because she wants her uncle's approval.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
2. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
3. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
4. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
5. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)