|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
(a) Why he fought with Mr. Lawrence.
(b) Why he is so annoying.
(c) Why he loves her.
(d) Why he has been ignoring her.
2. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
(a) She turns them around.
(b) She offers to sell them to him.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She leaves the room.
3. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The garden.
(d) The art studio.
4. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
(b) Mr. Millward.
(c) Mrs. Markham.
(d) Mr. Markham.
5. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
(a) Because her son carries them.
(b) Because he is too shy to ask.
(c) Because someone else asks first.
(d) Because she carries them herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
2. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
3. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
4. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)