|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he is bored.
(b) Because he needs the money.
(c) Because he is upset.
(d) Because he wants a promotion.
2. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
(a) The 1830s.
(b) The 1820s.
(c) The 1840s.
(d) The 1810s.
3. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
(a) Because Annabella began to show interest.
(b) Because Helen's aunt told him to.
(c) Because Helen burned her drawnings.
(d) Because Helen said she no longer liked him.
4. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
(a) Not to marry a man who is wealthy.
(b) To have her father approve of the man before marriage.
(c) Not to marry a man who is interested in her looks.
(d) To only marry a wealthy man.
5. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
2. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
4. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
5. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)