|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
2. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
3. Why does Helen dislike Mr. Boarham?
(a) Because he is boring.
(b) Because he drinks.
(c) Because he is old.
(d) Because he is poor.
4. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
(a) Because Mrs. Graham calls to him.
(b) To listen in on Mrs. Graham's conversations.
(c) Because he left something there.
(d) To see Mrs. Graham one more time.
5. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because it's too drafty.
(b) Because it's too dark.
(c) Because there isn't a fireplace.
(d) Because it's under construction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
2. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
3. When does Chapter 16 take place?
4. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)