|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
2. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
(a) Because he found one that belonged to his sister.
(b) Mrs. Graham asks him to.
(c) So he can visit the Grahams.
(d) As a birthday present.
3. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A fish.
5. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
(a) The farm lands.
(b) The town's center.
(c) The library.
(d) The pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
2. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
3. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Mrs. Graham say she brought her son with her in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)