|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
(a) From his friend.
(b) He sees her himself.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his sister.
2. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
3. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
4. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To work.
(b) To have tea.
(c) To see Eliza.
(d) To ask for money.
5. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
(a) That he thinks she is foolish.
(b) That he will hurt whoever is spreading the rumors.
(c) That he wants to protect her.
(d) That he is sorry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
3. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
4. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
5. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)