|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
2. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
(a) A farm.
(b) A shop.
(c) A small cottage.
(d) A tavern.
3. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
(a) His relationship with Mrs. Graham.
(b) The rooms he has for rent.
(c) His financial situation.
(d) What gossip he has heard.
4. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her education.
(d) Her accent.
5. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
2. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
4. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
5. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)