|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because it's too drafty.
(b) Because it's too dark.
(c) Because it's under construction.
(d) Because there isn't a fireplace.
2. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) Rose confirms the rumor.
(b) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
(c) He overhears their conversation.
(d) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
3. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
(a) A shop.
(b) A farm.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A small cottage.
4. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
5. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because of her father.
(b) Because she won't treat him well.
(c) Because he's too young.
(d) Because she is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
2. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
4. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
5. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)