|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
(a) That he will hurt whoever is spreading the rumors.
(b) That he wants to protect her.
(c) That he thinks she is foolish.
(d) That he is sorry.
2. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To ask for money.
(b) To have tea.
(c) To see Eliza.
(d) To work.
3. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her beauty.
4. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
(a) To see how she would react.
(b) To save her.
(c) To hurt her.
(d) To entertain her.
5. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
(b) Mr. Millward.
(c) Mrs. Markham.
(d) Mr. Markham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
2. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
3. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
4. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)