|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
(a) Gives him a book in return.
(b) Says nothing.
(c) Asks to pay for it.
(d) Thanks him.
2. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She turns them around.
(c) She leaves the room.
(d) She offers to sell them to him.
3. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To ask for money.
(b) To have tea.
(c) To see Eliza.
(d) To work.
4. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he is bored.
(b) Because he is upset.
(c) Because he needs the money.
(d) Because he wants a promotion.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
(a) As being full of trickery.
(b) As being complicated.
(c) As being honorable.
(d) As being a fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
2. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
3. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
4. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
5. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)