|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
(a) A small cottage.
(b) A shop.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A farm.
2. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
3. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He walks away.
(b) He thanks him.
(c) He hits him again.
(d) He refuses the help.
4. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
(a) Within a month.
(b) When she feels like it.
(c) Next year.
(d) The following day.
5. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He stumbles down steps.
(b) He hits back, quickly.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He falls off his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
2. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
3. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
4. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
5. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)