|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
(a) Because Mr. Markham called him over.
(b) Because he needs help.
(c) Because his mother sent him.
(d) Because of his dog.
2. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he is bored.
(b) Because he wants a promotion.
(c) Because he is upset.
(d) Because he needs the money.
3. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
(a) Let us be as we were.
(b) Let me alone.
(c) Let it do as it will.
(d) Let you follow the rules.
4. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
(a) He is a vicar.
(b) He is a shopowner.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a farmer.
5. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
(a) The 1810s.
(b) The 1840s.
(c) The 1830s.
(d) The 1820s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
2. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
4. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
5. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)