|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her education.
2. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
(a) That they are false.
(b) That they are hurting him, too.
(c) That they are true.
(d) That they are funny.
3. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
(a) Her money issues.
(b) Her living arrangements.
(c) Her health.
(d) Her children.
4. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
(a) That he will hurt whoever is spreading the rumors.
(b) That he is sorry.
(c) That he thinks she is foolish.
(d) That he wants to protect her.
5. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
(a) The 1810s.
(b) The 1840s.
(c) The 1820s.
(d) The 1830s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
2. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
3. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
4. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
5. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)