|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
(a) She removes some of the pages.
(b) She cries.
(c) She makes him promise to keep it a secret.
(d) She writes more pages.
2. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her accent.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her education.
(d) Her shoes.
3. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
(a) A farm.
(b) A small cottage.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A shop.
4. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
(a) Because someone else asks first.
(b) Because her son carries them.
(c) Because she carries them herself.
(d) Because he is too shy to ask.
5. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
(a) The 1810s.
(b) The 1840s.
(c) The 1830s.
(d) The 1820s.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
2. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
4. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
5. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)