|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
(a) That it is good.
(b) That it is gone.
(c) That it rules her life.
(d) That it has been damaged.
2. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
(a) Mrs. Markham.
(b) Mr. Millward.
(d) Mr. Markham.
3. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
(a) Because her son carries them.
(b) Because someone else asks first.
(c) Because he is too shy to ask.
(d) Because she carries them herself.
4. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He falls off his horse.
(c) He stumbles down steps.
(d) He hits back, quickly.
5. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
2. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
5. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)