|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
(a) What gossip he has heard.
(b) His financial situation.
(c) His relationship with Mrs. Graham.
(d) The rooms he has for rent.
3. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her education.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her accent.
4. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
(a) Because she carries them herself.
(b) Because he is too shy to ask.
(c) Because her son carries them.
(d) Because someone else asks first.
5. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because it's under construction.
(b) Because it's too drafty.
(c) Because there isn't a fireplace.
(d) Because it's too dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
2. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
3. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
5. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)