|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
(a) To plan a vacation.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To tell him a story.
(d) To help him out.
2. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
(a) Let me alone.
(b) Let us be as we were.
(c) Let it do as it will.
(d) Let you follow the rules.
3. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
(a) The size.
(b) The type of paint.
(c) The signatures.
(d) The frames.
4. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To have tea.
(b) To work.
(c) To see Eliza.
(d) To ask for money.
5. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
(a) Her living arrangements.
(b) Her money issues.
(c) Her health.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Graham say she brought her son with her in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
3. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
4. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)