|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
(a) Money issues.
(b) His health.
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
(a) His financial situation.
(b) What gossip he has heard.
(c) His relationship with Mrs. Graham.
(d) The rooms he has for rent.
3. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
(a) The type of paint.
(b) The frames.
(c) The size.
(d) The signatures.
5. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
(a) To help him out.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To tell him a story.
(d) To plan a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
2. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
3. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
5. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)