|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
(a) The frames.
(b) The type of paint.
(c) The signatures.
(d) The size.
2. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
(c) The best seat.
3. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
4. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To work.
(b) To see Eliza.
(c) To have tea.
(d) To ask for money.
5. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
(a) Let you follow the rules.
(b) Let it do as it will.
(c) Let us be as we were.
(d) Let me alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
2. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
3. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
4. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
5. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)