|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The caves.
(c) The shore.
(d) The city.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
(a) A cat.
(b) A fish.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A dog.
3. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The art studio.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The garden.
4. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her education.
(c) Her accent.
(d) Her beauty.
5. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Graham say she brought her son with her in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
3. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
4. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
5. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)