|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
(a) The size.
(b) The frames.
(c) The signatures.
(d) The type of paint.
2. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because there isn't a fireplace.
(b) Because it's too dark.
(c) Because it's too drafty.
(d) Because it's under construction.
3. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
4. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
(b) The best seat.
5. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
2. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
3. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
4. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)