|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(a) Mrs. Graham.
(b) He walks alone.
2. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
(a) Because her son carries them.
(b) Because he is too shy to ask.
(c) Because she carries them herself.
(d) Because someone else asks first.
3. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because it's too dark.
(b) Because it's too drafty.
(c) Because there isn't a fireplace.
(d) Because it's under construction.
4. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
(a) Mr. Millward.
(b) Mrs. Markham.
(d) Mr. Markham.
5. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
2. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
3. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
5. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)