|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
(a) Because Mr. Markham called him over.
(b) Because of his dog.
(c) Because he needs help.
(d) Because his mother sent him.
2. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The city.
(b) The shore.
(c) The caves.
(d) The mountains.
3. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
(a) To help him out.
(b) To tell him a story.
(c) To plan a vacation.
(d) To ask for money.
4. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
(a) From his friend.
(b) From his sister.
(c) From his mother.
(d) He sees her himself.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
(a) Gives him a book in return.
(b) Thanks him.
(c) Asks to pay for it.
(d) Says nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
2. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
4. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
5. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)