|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
(a) Let us be as we were.
(b) Let me alone.
(c) Let it do as it will.
(d) Let you follow the rules.
2. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because it's too dark.
(b) Because it's under construction.
(c) Because it's too drafty.
(d) Because there isn't a fireplace.
3. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
(d) The best seat.
4. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
(a) His relationship with Mrs. Graham.
(b) What gossip he has heard.
(c) The rooms he has for rent.
(d) His financial situation.
5. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
(a) From his sister.
(b) He sees her himself.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
2. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
3. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
4. What season is it in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)