|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
(a) As a birthday present.
(b) Mrs. Graham asks him to.
(c) So he can visit the Grahams.
(d) Because he found one that belonged to his sister.
2. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The caves.
(c) The city.
(d) The shore.
3. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The garden.
(c) The art studio.
(d) The bedroom.
4. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
(a) The signatures.
(b) The type of paint.
(c) The size.
(d) The frames.
5. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her accent.
(d) Her beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
2. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
3. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
4. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)