|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
(a) Mrs. Markham.
(b) Mr. Markham.
(d) Mr. Millward.
2. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(b) He walks alone.
(d) Mrs. Graham.
3. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
(a) Let you follow the rules.
(b) Let me alone.
(c) Let it do as it will.
(d) Let us be as we were.
4. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The shore.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The caves.
(d) The city.
5. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
2. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
3. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
5. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)