|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
(a) A small cottage.
(b) A shop.
(c) A farm.
(d) A tavern.
2. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because of her father.
(b) Because she is poor.
(c) Because she won't treat him well.
(d) Because he's too young.
3. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To have tea.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To see Eliza.
(d) To work.
4. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
5. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The garden.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The art studio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
2. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
4. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)