|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
2. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her health.
(c) Her living arrangements.
(d) Her money issues.
3. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because it's too dark.
(b) Because there isn't a fireplace.
(c) Because it's too drafty.
(d) Because it's under construction.
4. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
5. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
(a) The 1810s.
(b) The 1820s.
(c) The 1830s.
(d) The 1840s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
2. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
4. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)