|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
(a) His financial situation.
(b) What gossip he has heard.
(c) His relationship with Mrs. Graham.
(d) The rooms he has for rent.
2. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
(a) A farm.
(b) A shop.
(c) A small cottage.
(d) A tavern.
3. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The art studio.
(d) The garden.
4. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
5. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because it's too drafty.
(b) Because it's too dark.
(c) Because there isn't a fireplace.
(d) Because it's under construction.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
2. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
3. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
5. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)