|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a shopowner.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a vicar.
2. What does Mrs. Graham do when she sees Mr. Markham looking through her art in Chapter 5?
(a) She offers to sell them to him.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She leaves the room.
(d) She turns them around.
3. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
4. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her education.
(c) Her accent.
(d) Her shoes.
5. When does "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" take place?
(a) The 1840s.
(b) The 1820s.
(c) The 1810s.
(d) The 1830s.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
2. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
3. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
4. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
5. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)