|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
(b) The best seat.
2. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
3. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
(a) He is a vicar.
(b) He is a shopowner.
(c) He is a farmer.
(d) He is a lawyer.
4. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The caves.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The city.
(d) The shore.
5. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
3. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
4. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)