|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
(a) Let it do as it will.
(b) Let you follow the rules.
(c) Let me alone.
(d) Let us be as we were.
2. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
(a) Because he needs help.
(b) Because of his dog.
(c) Because his mother sent him.
(d) Because Mr. Markham called him over.
4. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her accent.
(d) Her beauty.
5. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The city.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The shore.
(d) The caves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
2. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
4. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
5. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)