Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Huntingdon begin flirting with Annabella?
(a) Because Helen burned her drawnings.
(b) Because Helen said she no longer liked him.
(c) Because Helen's aunt told him to.
(d) Because Annabella began to show interest.
2. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
(a) His gambling.
(b) His friendship with Lord Lowborough.
(c) His jokes.
(d) His relationship with Annabella.
3. In Chapter 37, why does Helen turn down Mr. Hargrave's offer of an affair?
(a) Because she dislikes him.
(b) Because she wants to protect her son.
(c) Because she still loves her husband.
(d) Because she is legally married.
4. Who does Helen write to to have them prepare Wildfell Hall for her?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
5. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
(a) For her father's business.
(b) For her title.
(c) For her good looks.
(d) For her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
2. When Helen first arrives at Wildfell Hall, what does she note there isn't a lot of?
3. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
4. In Chapter 30, why doesn't Helen talk to Mr. Huntingdon about his lying?
5. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)