|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
(a) On his way to town.
(b) On his way to church.
(c) At the local pub.
(d) On his way to Wildfell Hall.
3. In Chapter 16, where is Helen returning from?
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
(a) He looks through her work.
(b) Helen's aunt shows it to him.
(c) She shows it to him.
(d) He visits unexpectedly.
5. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
(a) A song.
(b) A painting.
(c) A letter.
(d) A poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
2. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
3. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)