|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
(a) So he can laugh.
(b) So she will feel better.
(c) So he knows the truth.
(d) So he will stop loving her.
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) Like he is sad.
(b) Like he is proud.
(c) Like he is angry.
(d) Like he is ashamed.
3. In Chapter 30, where does Mr. Huntingdon go for the fall?
4. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In her diary.
(b) In the corner of a still-life.
(c) On the back of another drawing.
(d) On a napkin.
5. In Chapter 46, why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Lawrence?
(a) Because Mr. Lawrence invites him.
(b) To stay entertained.
(c) To know how Helen is.
(d) To be polite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
2. How does Mr. Walter Hargrave try to win over Helen?
3. In Chapter 39, who does Helen confide in about her marital problems?
4. What does Helen admit to doing in Chapter 30?
5. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)