|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
(a) That he is sorry.
(b) That he wants to protect her.
(c) That he will hurt whoever is spreading the rumors.
(d) That he thinks she is foolish.
2. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when Helen visits her sick brother?
(b) Reads her diary.
(c) Leaves for London.
(d) Throws a party.
4. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
5. Why is Mr. Hattersley in town in Chapter 42?
(a) For business.
(b) Milicent asked him to come to town.
(c) To visit his mother-in-law.
(d) To visit with Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, how does Mr. Hattersley upset his wife?
2. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
3. Where does Helen want to go with her son in Chapter 39?
4. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 33, why do Mr. Huntingdon's friends say he stopped drinking?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)