|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
2. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
3. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
(a) To help him out.
(b) To tell him a story.
(c) To plan a vacation.
(d) To ask for money.
4. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
(a) A song.
(b) A letter.
(c) A painting.
(d) A poem.
5. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
(a) Because he read her mail.
(b) Because he was drinking.
(c) Because she started painting again.
(d) Because she was talking to Mr. Hargrave.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
2. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
3. When does Mr. Lawrence plan on visiting the Wilsons in Chapter 46?
4. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
5. In Chapter 42, what makes Helen believe she can stay in her marriage?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)