|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen have Mr. Huntingdon do before seeing his son in Chapter 47?
(a) Sign a paper.
(b) Apologize to her.
(c) Agree to keep it short.
(d) Stop drinking.
2. In Chapter 35, what favor does Lady Lowborough ask of Helen?
(a) To travel without Mr. Huntingdon.
(b) To let her borrow a dress.
(c) To keep Mr. Huntingdon from drinking.
(d) To not tell her husband about the affair.
3. Where does Helen's diary end?
(a) With her meeting new friends.
(b) With her son getting a dog.
(c) With her husband sending her a note.
(d) With her aunt sending her money.
4. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To work.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To see Eliza.
(d) To have tea.
5. In Chapter 16, what does Helen tell her aunt about marriage?
(a) She is going to marry for money.
(b) She is going to travel before she marries.
(c) She is not going to marry anyone.
(d) She is going to marry for love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 30, why doesn't Helen talk to Mr. Huntingdon about his lying?
3. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
4. In Chapter 16, where is Helen returning from?
5. In Chapter 41, what does Helen do while her husband is in London?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)