|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Hattersley in town in Chapter 42?
(a) Milicent asked him to come to town.
(b) For business.
(c) To visit his mother-in-law.
(d) To visit with Helen.
2. Where does Helen's diary end?
(a) With her meeting new friends.
(b) With her husband sending her a note.
(c) With her aunt sending her money.
(d) With her son getting a dog.
3. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
(a) To have her father approve of the man before marriage.
(b) Not to marry a man who is interested in her looks.
(c) To only marry a wealthy man.
(d) Not to marry a man who is wealthy.
4. In Chapter 29, why do the neighbors visit Helen?
(a) Because they need help marrying off a daughter.
(b) Because they are being polite.
(c) Because Mr. Huntingdon is out of town.
(d) Because Helen invites them.
5. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
(a) A letter.
(b) A painting.
(c) A poem.
(d) A song.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 43, who does Mr. Huntingdon hire?
2. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
3. How does Helen learn about her husband stopping drinking in Chapter 33?
4. When does Chapter 16 take place?
5. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)