|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hattersley try to hit Mr. Hargrave?
(a) Because he thinks he is someone else.
(b) For interfering with his argument.
(c) Because he is drunk.
(d) For talking to his wife.
2. In Chapter 48, how does Helen describe her husband?
3. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
(a) Because he was drinking.
(b) Because she started painting again.
(c) Because he read her mail.
(d) Because she was talking to Mr. Hargrave.
4. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
5. How does Mr. Lawrence feel about asking Helen to allow Mr. Markham to tell her story to others?
(a) He is excited for her.
(b) He isn't sure about it.
(c) He disagrees fully.
(d) He laughs at Mr. Markham.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
2. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
3. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
4. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
5. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)