|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) In the corner of a still-life.
(b) On the back of another drawing.
(c) In her diary.
(d) On a napkin.
2. In Chapter 33, why do Mr. Huntingdon's friends say he stopped drinking?
(a) For his health.
(b) To save money.
(c) For love.
(d) To prove a point.
3. In Chapter 39, what worries Helen about her son?
(a) He is no longer doing his lessons.
(b) He swears at her.
(c) He has been drinking with his father.
(d) He dresses like a pauper.
4. In Chapter 48, how does Helen describe her husband?
5. Why does Mr. Hargrave offer Helen protection in Chapter 39?
(a) So her son will be educated.
(b) So she can leave her husband.
(c) So she can still have an inheritance.
(d) So she won't have to worry about Lady Lowborough.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 46, why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Lawrence?
2. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
3. In Chapter 25, how long do the Huntingdons spend in London?
4. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
5. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)