|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
(a) He sees her himself.
(b) From his sister.
(c) From his friend.
(d) From his mother.
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon agree to let Helen do in Chapter 47?
(a) Take Arthur away.
(b) Earn her own money.
(c) Travel freely.
(d) Live in the house.
3. What does Helen have Mr. Huntingdon do before seeing his son in Chapter 47?
(a) Agree to keep it short.
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Apologize to her.
(d) Sign a paper.
4. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
(a) Because her aunt tells her to.
(b) Because she doesn't like the work.
(c) Because she is embarrassed.
(d) Because Mr. Huntingdon makes fun of them.
5. Where does Helen want to go with her son in Chapter 39?
(a) The United States.
(b) European continent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 41, what does Helen do while her husband is in London?
2. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
3. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
4. Why does Mr. Hargrave offer Helen protection in Chapter 39?
5. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)