|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 36, what happens when Helen asks about Mr. Huntingdon's health?
(a) He breaks down crying.
(b) He is rude to her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He hugs her.
2. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
(a) His friendship with Lord Lowborough.
(b) His jokes.
(c) His relationship with Annabella.
(d) His gambling.
3. What does Helen admit to doing in Chapter 30?
(a) Hiding from her marriage.
(b) Drinking at night.
(c) Reading Mr. Huntingdon's mail.
(d) Laughing at her husband.
4. What does Mr. Huntingdon fear in Chapter 48?
(a) Going broke.
(b) Losing his wife.
(d) Losing his son.
5. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The caves.
(b) The shore.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The city.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, how does Mr. Hattersley upset his wife?
2. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
4. In Chapter 42, how does Helen convince Mr. Hattersley that he is right to change his ways?
5. How does Mr. Lawrence feel about asking Helen to allow Mr. Markham to tell her story to others?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)