|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
(a) That they are funny.
(b) That they are false.
(c) That they are true.
(d) That they are hurting him, too.
2. When Lady Lowborough visits in Chapter 31, how does Helen feel about her?
3. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a shopowner.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a vicar.
4. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The caves.
(b) The shore.
(c) The city.
(d) The mountains.
5. Why does Mr. Hargrave offer Helen protection in Chapter 39?
(a) So her son will be educated.
(b) So she can still have an inheritance.
(c) So she can leave her husband.
(d) So she won't have to worry about Lady Lowborough.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, how does Mr. Huntingdon act while at home?
2. What does Frederick say about Helen staying at Wildfell Hall in Chapter 41?
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon refuse to do when Helen asks him about his lying in "Chapter 30"?
4. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
5. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)