|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen have Mr. Huntingdon do before seeing his son in Chapter 47?
(a) Agree to keep it short.
(b) Sign a paper.
(c) Apologize to her.
(d) Stop drinking.
2. Who tells Helen about Mr. Huntingdon and Lady Lowborough's relationship?
(a) Lady Lowborough.
(b) Mr. Hargrave.
(d) Lord Lowborough.
3. In Chapter 29, why do the neighbors visit Helen?
(a) Because Mr. Huntingdon is out of town.
(b) Because they are being polite.
(c) Because they need help marrying off a daughter.
(d) Because Helen invites them.
4. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
(a) So she will feel better.
(b) So he knows the truth.
(c) So he will stop loving her.
(d) So he can laugh.
5. When does Chapter 16 take place?
(a) Four years earlier.
(b) One year earlier.
(c) Two years earlier.
(d) Six years earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mr. Huntingdon takes most of Helen's money and belongings, what does he leave her?
2. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
3. Why does Helen return to Mr. Huntingdon?
4. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
5. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)