|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her accent.
(c) Her education.
(d) Her shoes.
2. In Chapter 33, why do Mr. Huntingdon's friends say he stopped drinking?
(a) For his health.
(b) For love.
(c) To prove a point.
(d) To save money.
3. In Chapter 32, why does Milicent want Helen to advise his sister on marriage?
(a) Because he thinks Helen is kind.
(b) Because he wants her to be picky.
(c) Because she trusts Helen.
(d) Because he doesn't want her to end up like Helen.
4. What does Lord Lowborough do after learning about his wife's affair?
(a) He goes to London alone.
(b) He has a fight with Mr. Huntingdon.
(c) He argues with Helen.
(d) He returns home.
5. What does Mr. Markham do after reading Helen's diary?
(a) Apologizes to her.
(b) Promises to keep her safe.
(c) Meets with her brother.
(d) Takes back his confession of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
2. In Chapter 30, where does Mr. Huntingdon go for the fall?
3. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
4. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
5. Why does Mr. Huntingdon accuse Helen of having an affair?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)