|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 33, who tries to tell Helen that her husband is being inappropriate?
(a) Mr. Hattersley.
(d) No one.
2. Why does Jane Wilson move to the city?
(a) To write a novel.
(b) To travel.
(c) To work.
(d) To avoid her brother.
3. When Lord Lowborough finds out about his wife's affair, what does his friend suggest?
(b) A dual.
(d) That the leave immediately.
4. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The shore.
(c) The caves.
(d) The city.
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen in Chapter 36?
(a) He dresses him in terrible clothing.
(b) He yells at him to make the boy upset.
(c) He teaches him to ignore his mother.
(d) He sends him away on vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
2. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
3. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
4. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
5. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)