|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
(a) From his friend.
(b) He sees her himself.
(c) From his mother.
(d) From his sister.
2. In Chapter 33, why do Mr. Huntingdon's friends say he stopped drinking?
(a) For love.
(b) To prove a point.
(c) For his health.
(d) To save money.
3. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
(a) Because her aunt tells her to.
(b) Because Mr. Huntingdon makes fun of them.
(c) Because she doesn't like the work.
(d) Because she is embarrassed.
4. How does Mr. Markham learn that Helen returns to Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) From Eliza's sister.
(b) In a letter from Helen.
(c) In a letter from Mr. Huntingdon.
(d) In a letter to Mr. Lawrence.
5. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
(a) Because he is sick.
(b) Because they owe him money.
(c) To hunt.
(d) To meet Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hattersley try to hit Mr. Hargrave?
2. Why doesn't Mr. Mark want Mr. Lawrence visiting with the Wilsons?
3. Why does Helen begin planning to leave again in Chapter 43?
4. In Chapter 41, what does Helen do while her husband is in London?
5. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)