|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
(a) The best seat.
2. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
(a) Because she wants her uncle's approval.
(b) Because she is mad at him.
(c) Because she loves someone else.
(d) Because of Annabella's love for him.
3. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
(c) A divorce.
(d) Bad investments.
4. In Chapter 30, where does Mr. Huntingdon go for the fall?
5. When does Chapter 16 take place?
(a) Four years earlier.
(b) Two years earlier.
(c) One year earlier.
(d) Six years earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 39, why does Helen begin to paint again?
3. What does Helen do when Mr. Hargrave offers her protection in Chapter 39?
4. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon use Arthur to upset Helen in Chapter 36?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)