|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
(a) To hurt her.
(b) To save her.
(c) To entertain her.
(d) To see how she would react.
2. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
(a) A book.
(b) A riding crop.
(c) A whip.
(d) A stick.
3. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
(a) It isn't long enough.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) They can't spend much money.
(d) They don't go out on the town.
4. Why does Mr. Hattersley try to hit Mr. Hargrave?
(a) Because he thinks he is someone else.
(b) Because he is drunk.
(c) For talking to his wife.
(d) For interfering with his argument.
5. In Chapter 34, what does Helen tell Lady Lowborough to do when she reveals the affair?
(a) To tell her husband.
(b) To go back home.
(c) To stop being polite.
(d) To stop the affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
2. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
3. Where does Helen's diary end?
4. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
5. In Chapter 45, why does Helen say she can never see Mr. Markham again?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)