|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 46-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord Lowborough do after learning about his wife's affair?
(a) He has a fight with Mr. Huntingdon.
(b) He argues with Helen.
(c) He returns home.
(d) He goes to London alone.
2. Why is Mr. Hattersley in town in Chapter 42?
(a) For business.
(b) Milicent asked him to come to town.
(c) To visit with Helen.
(d) To visit his mother-in-law.
3. In Chapter 42, what makes Helen believe she can stay in her marriage?
(a) Her son asks her to.
(b) The amount of time her husband is gone.
(c) Her husband's new attitude.
(d) Her husband quit drinking.
4. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
(a) He sees her himself.
(b) From his mother.
(c) From his sister.
(d) From his friend.
5. Who does Eliza marry?
(a) An lawyer.
(b) A writer.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A tradesman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
2. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
3. In Chapter 48, how does Helen describe her husband?
4. Where does Helen want to go with her son in Chapter 39?
5. In Chapter 39, who does Helen confide in about her marital problems?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)