|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A fish.
(d) A sheep.
2. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because she is poor.
(b) Because she won't treat him well.
(c) Because he's too young.
(d) Because of her father.
3. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
4. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The shore.
(c) The caves.
(d) The city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
2. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
3. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
5. In Chapter 7, how many people does Mr. Markham go with to visit Mrs. Graham?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)