|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
(a) The frames.
(b) The type of paint.
(c) The signatures.
(d) The size.
2. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he wants a promotion.
(b) Because he is bored.
(c) Because he is upset.
(d) Because he needs the money.
3. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
(a) Because Mrs. Graham calls to him.
(b) To listen in on Mrs. Graham's conversations.
(c) To see Mrs. Graham one more time.
(d) Because he left something there.
4. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
(a) To help him out.
(b) To plan a vacation.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To tell him a story.
5. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To see Eliza.
(b) To ask for money.
(c) To work.
(d) To have tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
2. Where does Mrs. Graham entertain Mr. Markham and Rose when they visit in Chapter 5?
3. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
4. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
5. What does Mr. Millward do for a living?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)