|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) Rose confirms the rumor.
(b) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
(c) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
(d) He overhears their conversation.
2. Why does Mrs. Graham say she brought her son with her in Chapter 3?
(a) Because he asked to go.
(b) Because she can't visit without him.
(c) Because Rose wanted to meet him.
(d) She doesn't explain.
3. Why is Mr. Markham writing a letter to his friend?
(a) To help him out.
(b) To tell him a story.
(c) To plan a vacation.
(d) To ask for money.
4. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
(a) Because he found one that belonged to his sister.
(b) Mrs. Graham asks him to.
(c) So he can visit the Grahams.
(d) As a birthday present.
5. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
(a) On his way to Wildfell Hall.
(b) On his way to church.
(c) At the local pub.
(d) On his way to town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
2. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
4. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)