|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
(a) Because he left something there.
(b) To listen in on Mrs. Graham's conversations.
(c) Because Mrs. Graham calls to him.
(d) To see Mrs. Graham one more time.
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
(a) His health.
(c) Money issues.
3. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To work.
(b) To see Eliza.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To have tea.
4. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because of her father.
(b) Because she won't treat him well.
(c) Because she is poor.
(d) Because he's too young.
5. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
(a) To save her.
(b) To entertain her.
(c) To hurt her.
(d) To see how she would react.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
2. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
3. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
4. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)