|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He hits him again.
(b) He walks away.
(c) He thanks him.
(d) He refuses the help.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
(a) A dog.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A fish.
(d) A cat.
3. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He falls off his horse.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He stumbles down steps.
(d) He hits back, quickly.
4. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
5. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because it's under construction.
(b) Because it's too dark.
(c) Because there isn't a fireplace.
(d) Because it's too drafty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
2. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
3. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
4. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
5. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)