|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mrs. Graham entertain her guests in the parlor in Chapter 5?
(a) Because it's too dark.
(b) Because it's under construction.
(c) Because it's too drafty.
(d) Because there isn't a fireplace.
2. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
(a) That he will hurt whoever is spreading the rumors.
(b) That he thinks she is foolish.
(c) That he wants to protect her.
(d) That he is sorry.
3. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
4. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he needs the money.
(b) Because he is upset.
(c) Because he is bored.
(d) Because he wants a promotion.
5. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To see Eliza.
(b) To work.
(c) To have tea.
(d) To ask for money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
2. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
3. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
4. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)