|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To ask for money.
(b) To work.
(c) To see Eliza.
(d) To have tea.
2. In Chapter 5, what part of the paintings at Mrs. Graham's house interest Mr. Markham?
(a) The type of paint.
(b) The size.
(c) The frames.
(d) The signatures.
3. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He hits back, quickly.
(b) He falls off his horse.
(c) He stumbles down steps.
(d) He passes out.
4. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
(a) She cries.
(b) She makes him promise to keep it a secret.
(c) She writes more pages.
(d) She removes some of the pages.
5. What do Mrs. Markham and Mrs. Graham argue about during their visit in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
3. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
4. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
5. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)