|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
(a) That he thinks she is foolish.
(b) That he wants to protect her.
(c) That he is sorry.
(d) That he will hurt whoever is spreading the rumors.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
(a) Gives him a book in return.
(b) Says nothing.
(c) Asks to pay for it.
(d) Thanks him.
3. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he is bored.
(b) Because he needs the money.
(c) Because he wants a promotion.
(d) Because he is upset.
4. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He thanks him.
(b) He refuses the help.
(c) He hits him again.
(d) He walks away.
5. Why does Mr. Markham visit Mr. Millward in Chapter 2?
(a) To ask for money.
(b) To have tea.
(c) To see Eliza.
(d) To work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, why doesn't Mr. Markham carry Mrs. Graham's things for her?
2. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
4. What does Mrs. Graham refuse in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)