|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
2. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
(a) She removes some of the pages.
(b) She cries.
(c) She writes more pages.
(d) She makes him promise to keep it a secret.
3. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
4. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he is upset.
(b) Because he wants a promotion.
(c) Because he is bored.
(d) Because he needs the money.
5. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) He overhears their conversation.
(b) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
(c) Rose confirms the rumor.
(d) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
2. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
3. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
4. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Mr. Markham give Mrs. Graham's son a collar for his dog?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)