|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
(a) A cat.
(b) A fish.
(c) A dog.
(d) A sheep.
2. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(b) He walks alone.
(d) Mrs. Graham.
3. In Chapter 3, who does Mrs. Graham ask to apologize to other families in town for her?
(b) Mr. Markham.
(c) Mrs. Markham.
(d) Mr. Millward.
4. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because he's too young.
(b) Because she won't treat him well.
(c) Because she is poor.
(d) Because of her father.
5. How much time passes between Chapter 7 and Chapter 8?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of paintings does Mr. Markham look through at Mrs. Graham's house in "Chapter Five"?
2. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
5. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)