|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 8, how does Mr. Markham describe his hopes and fears?
2. What does Mr. Markham say he inherited from his father?
(a) A shop.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A farm.
(d) A small cottage.
3. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He hits back, quickly.
(c) He stumbles down steps.
(d) He falls off his horse.
4. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he needs the money.
(b) Because he wants a promotion.
(c) Because he is upset.
(d) Because he is bored.
5. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
(a) She makes him promise to keep it a secret.
(b) She writes more pages.
(c) She cries.
(d) She removes some of the pages.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
2. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
3. What season is it in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 2, why does the boy come to talk to Mr. Markham?
5. How does Mr. Markham learn that Mrs. Graham moved in next door?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)