|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
(a) That they are false.
(b) That they are true.
(c) That they are funny.
(d) That they are hurting him, too.
2. What fascinates Mr. Markham about Mrs. Graham the first time they meet?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her education.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her accent.
3. Why does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about marrying Eliza?
(a) Because she won't treat him well.
(b) Because she is poor.
(c) Because he's too young.
(d) Because of her father.
4. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He hits him again.
(b) He refuses the help.
(c) He thanks him.
(d) He walks away.
5. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He falls off his horse.
(b) He hits back, quickly.
(c) He stumbles down steps.
(d) He passes out.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
2. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
3. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
4. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
5. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)