|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 32, how does Mr. Hattersley upset his wife?
(a) By getting into an argument.
(b) By teasing her.
(c) By drinking too much.
(d) By talking about another woman.
2. In Chapter 30, why doesn't Helen talk to Mr. Huntingdon about his lying?
(a) Because she is afraid.
(b) Because she falls asleep.
(c) Because he is angry.
(d) Because he is ill.
3. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 29, why do the neighbors visit Helen?
(a) Because Mr. Huntingdon is out of town.
(b) Because they need help marrying off a daughter.
(c) Because Helen invites them.
(d) Because they are being polite.
5. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He refuses the help.
(b) He hits him again.
(c) He walks away.
(d) He thanks him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen learn about her husband stopping drinking in Chapter 33?
2. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
5. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)