|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Walter Hargrave try to win over Helen?
(a) By making fun of her husband.
(b) By playing with her son.
(c) By bringing her presents.
(d) By complimenting her house.
2. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
(a) Buy a second house.
(b) Write a novel.
(c) Have a hunting trip.
(d) Move to London.
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
(a) Moved to the country.
(b) Began drinking.
(c) Started stealing.
(d) Divorced his wife.
4. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
(a) She makes him promise to keep it a secret.
(b) She removes some of the pages.
(c) She cries.
(d) She writes more pages.
5. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his title.
(b) For his money.
(c) For his land.
(d) For his good looks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
2. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
3. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
5. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)