|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) On the back of another drawing.
(b) In the corner of a still-life.
(c) In her diary.
(d) On a napkin.
2. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he needs the money.
(b) Because he is upset.
(c) Because he wants a promotion.
(d) Because he is bored.
3. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
(a) Her uncle's.
(b) Mr. Wilmot's.
(c) Mr. Huntingdon's.
(d) Mr. Boarham's.
4. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
(a) At the local pub.
(b) On his way to town.
(c) On his way to Wildfell Hall.
(d) On his way to church.
5. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
(a) He walks alone.
(b) Mrs. Graham.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Graham react when Mr. Markham appears in Chapter 6?
2. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
3. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
5. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)