|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
(b) She just walks away.
2. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
(a) That he wants to protect her.
(b) That he will hurt whoever is spreading the rumors.
(c) That he is sorry.
(d) That he thinks she is foolish.
3. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
(a) His friendship with Lord Lowborough.
(b) His gambling.
(c) His relationship with Annabella.
(d) His jokes.
4. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his money.
(b) For his land.
(c) For his good looks.
(d) For his title.
5. In Chapter 26, what embarrasses Helen?
(a) Her pregnant stomach.
(b) Mr. Huntingdon's drinking.
(c) Mr. Huntingdon's flirting with Lady Lowborough.
(d) Her outdated clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Mr. Markham ask Mr. Lawrence about?
4. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
5. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)