|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
(a) Because she doesn't like the work.
(b) Because Mr. Huntingdon makes fun of them.
(c) Because her aunt tells her to.
(d) Because she is embarrassed.
2. In Chapter 6, what does Mrs. Markham warn Mr. Markham about?
(a) Money issues.
(d) His health.
3. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
(a) Because Helen isn't talking to him.
(b) Because he has family there.
(c) Because he has a business opportunity there.
(d) Because Helen asks him to.
4. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
(a) He leaves town.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He writes to his uncle.
5. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because of his habits.
(b) Because he is old.
(c) Because of his mother.
(d) Because he is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 29, why do the neighbors visit Helen?
2. Why does Mr. Huntingdon send Helen home from London before himself?
3. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
5. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)