|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
(a) They can't spend much money.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) It isn't long enough.
(d) They don't go out on the town.
2. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
(a) To have her father approve of the man before marriage.
(b) To only marry a wealthy man.
(c) Not to marry a man who is interested in her looks.
(d) Not to marry a man who is wealthy.
3. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 33, who tries to tell Helen that her husband is being inappropriate?
(a) Mr. Hattersley.
(b) No one.
5. In Chapter 32, why does Milicent want Helen to advise his sister on marriage?
(a) Because he thinks Helen is kind.
(b) Because she trusts Helen.
(c) Because he wants her to be picky.
(d) Because he doesn't want her to end up like Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when Helen visits her sick brother?
2. Why does Mr. Hattersley try to hit Mr. Hargrave?
3. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
4. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
5. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)