|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen dislike Mr. Boarham?
(a) Because he is old.
(b) Because he is poor.
(c) Because he drinks.
(d) Because he is boring.
2. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
(a) His jokes.
(b) His relationship with Annabella.
(c) His gambling.
(d) His friendship with Lord Lowborough.
3. In Chapter 17, where does Helen visit for a dinner party?
(a) Mr. Huntingdon's.
(b) Mr. Wilmot's.
(c) Mr. Boarham's.
(d) Her uncle's.
4. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
(a) To see Mrs. Graham one more time.
(b) Because he left something there.
(c) Because Mrs. Graham calls to him.
(d) To listen in on Mrs. Graham's conversations.
5. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He hits him again.
(b) He refuses the help.
(c) He walks away.
(d) He thanks him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham say about her relationship with Mr. Markham in Chapter 8?
2. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
3. How does Helen learn about her husband stopping drinking in Chapter 33?
4. In Chapter 27, when does Mr. Huntingdon kiss Lady Lowborough's hand?
5. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)