|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
(a) Because they owe him money.
(b) To hunt.
(c) To meet Helen.
(d) Because he is sick.
2. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
(a) That it has been damaged.
(b) That it is gone.
(c) That it rules her life.
(d) That it is good.
3. In Chapter 30, where does Mr. Huntingdon go for the fall?
4. What does Helen admit to doing in Chapter 30?
(a) Drinking at night.
(b) Hiding from her marriage.
(c) Laughing at her husband.
(d) Reading Mr. Huntingdon's mail.
5. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
2. What season is it in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
4. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
5. In Chapter 30, what does Mr. Huntingdon do after arguing with Helen?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)