|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, why doesn't Helen talk to Mr. Huntingdon about his lying?
(a) Because he is ill.
(b) Because he is angry.
(c) Because she falls asleep.
(d) Because she is afraid.
2. What does Mr. Huntingdon refuse to do when Helen asks him about his lying in "Chapter 30"?
(a) Talk to her.
(b) Travel with her.
(c) Stop lying.
3. Why does Mr. Huntingdon send Helen home from London before himself?
(a) Because they were arguing.
(b) Because he has business.
(c) Because it is cheaper.
(d) Because she is boring.
4. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
(a) Gives him a book in return.
(b) Asks to pay for it.
(c) Thanks him.
(d) Says nothing.
5. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He hits him again.
(b) He thanks him.
(c) He refuses the help.
(d) He walks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen learn about her husband stopping drinking in Chapter 33?
2. In Chapter 30, where does Helen go for the fall?
3. What does Fergus ask Mrs. Graham about in Chapter 7?
4. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
5. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)