|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what makes Helen cry?
(a) A letter.
(b) A poem.
(c) A song.
(d) A painting.
2. What does Mr. Markham insist his visits and gifts are about in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 33, why do Mr. Huntingdon's friends say he stopped drinking?
(a) For love.
(b) To save money.
(c) To prove a point.
(d) For his health.
4. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
(a) That it is gone.
(b) That it is good.
(c) That it rules her life.
(d) That it has been damaged.
5. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
(c) She just walks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen learn about her husband stopping drinking in Chapter 33?
2. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 31, why does Lord Lowborough spend his nights walking?
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)