|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
(a) To only marry a wealthy man.
(b) Not to marry a man who is wealthy.
(c) To have her father approve of the man before marriage.
(d) Not to marry a man who is interested in her looks.
2. In Chapter 32, how does Mr. Hattersley upset his wife?
(a) By drinking too much.
(b) By talking about another woman.
(c) By teasing her.
(d) By getting into an argument.
3. In Chapter 29, why do the neighbors visit Helen?
(a) Because Helen invites them.
(b) Because Mr. Huntingdon is out of town.
(c) Because they are being polite.
(d) Because they need help marrying off a daughter.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
(a) As being full of trickery.
(b) As being complicated.
(c) As being honorable.
(d) As being a fool.
5. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
(a) For her money.
(b) For her title.
(c) For her good looks.
(d) For her father's business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Markham walk home with in Chapter 7?
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon find the sketch of himself that Helen drew?
3. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
4. In Chapter 31, why does Lord Lowborough spend his nights walking?
5. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)