|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
(a) Stories about his drinking.
(b) Stories of his gambling.
(c) Stories of past romances.
(d) Stories about his travels.
2. In Chapter 8, what does Mrs. Graham do when Mr. Markham offers her a book as a present?
(a) Says nothing.
(b) Asks to pay for it.
(c) Gives him a book in return.
(d) Thanks him.
3. In Chapter 33, who tries to tell Helen that her husband is being inappropriate?
(a) No one.
(d) Mr. Hattersley.
4. Why does Mr. Huntingdon send Helen home from London before himself?
(a) Because he has business.
(b) Because it is cheaper.
(c) Because they were arguing.
(d) Because she is boring.
5. How does Mr. Walter Hargrave try to win over Helen?
(a) By complimenting her house.
(b) By making fun of her husband.
(c) By bringing her presents.
(d) By playing with her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon do when he finds the portrait of himself?
2. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
4. What does Helen's aunt warn her about marriage?
5. What season is it in Chapter 6?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)