|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 33, why do Mr. Huntingdon's friends say he stopped drinking?
(a) To prove a point.
(b) For love.
(c) For his health.
(d) To save money.
2. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
(a) So she will feel better.
(b) So he will stop loving her.
(c) So he knows the truth.
(d) So he can laugh.
3. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
(a) That it has been damaged.
(b) That it is good.
(c) That it rules her life.
(d) That it is gone.
4. How does Helen learn about her husband stopping drinking in Chapter 33?
(a) She overhears a conversation.
(b) She observes it herself.
(c) Mr. Hattersley tells her.
(d) He tells her.
5. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He walks away.
(b) He thanks him.
(c) He hits him again.
(d) He refuses the help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
2. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
3. What season is it in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
5. Where does Helen make a small sketch of Mr. Huntingdon?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)