|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen's aunt disapprove of Mr. Arthur Huntingdon?
(a) Because of his habits.
(b) Because he is poor.
(c) Because of his mother.
(d) Because he is old.
2. Who does Mrs. Graham leave her son with in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Mr. Markham compare Fergus to?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A fish.
4. In Chapter 7, where does Mrs. Graham say she wants to visit in order to sketch?
(a) The caves.
(b) The city.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The shore.
5. In Chapter 32, why does Milicent want Helen to advise his sister on marriage?
(a) Because he doesn't want her to end up like Helen.
(b) Because he wants her to be picky.
(c) Because he thinks Helen is kind.
(d) Because she trusts Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, where does Mr. Huntingdon run into Helen?
2. Why doesn't Helen accept Mr. Huntingdon's proposal in Chapter 19?
3. In Chapter 33, who tries to tell Helen that her husband is being inappropriate?
4. What season is it in Chapter 6?
5. Why does Helen burn some of her drawings in Chapter 18?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)