Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how does Helen's aunt react when she finds Helen talking to Mr. Huntingdon?
(a) She just walks away.
2. How does Helen feel when Mr. Huntingdon finds the portrait of himself?
3. In Chapter 27, when does Mr. Huntingdon kiss Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) After she plays a song on the piano.
(b) When she gets out of a carriage.
(c) After she wins a game of cards.
(d) When she is leaving their house.
4. In Chapter 31, why does Lord Lowborough spend his nights walking?
(a) Because he doesn't drink.
(b) Because he likes the quiet.
(c) Because it's good for his health.
(d) Because Lady Lowborough insists upon it.
5. In Chapter 18, why does Helen's uncle invite men to visit him in the fall?
(a) Because they owe him money.
(b) Because he is sick.
(c) To meet Helen.
(d) To hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Graham doing near the river in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 33, why do Mr. Huntingdon's friends say he stopped drinking?
3. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
4. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
5. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)