|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helen begin planning to leave again in Chapter 43?
(a) Because her husband is spending all their money.
(b) Because her husband starts to drink again.
(c) Because she saves up enough money.
(d) Because her husband hires his mistress.
2. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
(a) To save her.
(b) To see how she would react.
(c) To hurt her.
(d) To entertain her.
3. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
4. What does Frederick say about Helen staying at Wildfell Hall in Chapter 41?
(a) That she will need to clean the place.
(b) That she should try to make her marriage work first.
(c) That he doesn't want her there.
(d) That she will be much happier.
5. In Chapter 27, when does Mr. Huntingdon kiss Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) When she is leaving their house.
(b) After she wins a game of cards.
(c) After she plays a song on the piano.
(d) When she gets out of a carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
2. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
3. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
4. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
5. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)