|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
2. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his money.
(b) For his good looks.
(c) For his title.
(d) For his land.
3. In Chapter 42, how does Helen convince Mr. Hattersley that he is right to change his ways?
(a) She reads from the Bible.
(b) She agrees with everything he says.
(c) She has him talk to her husband.
(d) She shows him letters from his wife.
4. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
(a) Started stealing.
(b) Moved to the country.
(c) Divorced his wife.
(d) Began drinking.
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon learn about his wife's plan to leave him?
(a) He overhears her talking about it.
(b) Mr. Hargrave tells him.
(c) He reads her diary.
(d) He finds her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
2. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
3. After Mr. Huntingdon takes most of Helen's money and belongings, what does he leave her?
4. Who does Mr. Huntingdon question when he realizes Helen is gone?
5. In Chapter 42, what makes Helen believe she can stay in her marriage?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)