|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
(a) On his way to Wildfell Hall.
(b) At the local pub.
(c) On his way to town.
(d) On his way to church.
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon learn about his wife's plan to leave him?
(a) He finds her money.
(b) He overhears her talking about it.
(c) Mr. Hargrave tells him.
(d) He reads her diary.
3. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He stumbles down steps.
(c) He falls off his horse.
(d) He hits back, quickly.
4. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
(a) Have a hunting trip.
(b) Buy a second house.
(c) Write a novel.
(d) Move to London.
5. In Chapter 42, what makes Helen believe she can stay in her marriage?
(a) Her son asks her to.
(b) The amount of time her husband is gone.
(c) Her husband quit drinking.
(d) Her husband's new attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
2. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
3. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
4. How does Mr. Markham feel while visiting Mr. Wilson in Chapter 13?
5. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)