|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham do after reading Helen's diary?
(a) Apologizes to her.
(b) Takes back his confession of love.
(c) Meets with her brother.
(d) Promises to keep her safe.
2. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
(a) She cries.
(b) She removes some of the pages.
(c) She makes him promise to keep it a secret.
(d) She writes more pages.
3. How does Mr. Huntingdon learn about his wife's plan to leave him?
(a) He reads her diary.
(b) Mr. Hargrave tells him.
(c) He overhears her talking about it.
(d) He finds her money.
4. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
(a) That they are false.
(b) That they are funny.
(c) That they are hurting him, too.
(d) That they are true.
5. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
(a) Because he has family there.
(b) Because he has a business opportunity there.
(c) Because Helen asks him to.
(d) Because Helen isn't talking to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
2. After Mr. Huntingdon takes most of Helen's money and belongings, what does he leave her?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
5. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)