|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Huntingdon question when he realizes Helen is gone?
(b) Mr. Hargrave.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her aunt.
2. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
(a) As being full of trickery.
(b) As being honorable.
(c) As being complicated.
(d) As being a fool.
3. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
(a) Began drinking.
(b) Moved to the country.
(c) Started stealing.
(d) Divorced his wife.
4. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
5. Why does Helen begin planning to leave again in Chapter 43?
(a) Because her husband starts to drink again.
(b) Because her husband is spending all their money.
(c) Because her husband hires his mistress.
(d) Because she saves up enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
2. In Chapter 42, how does Helen convince Mr. Hattersley that he is right to change his ways?
3. In Chapter 43, what does Helen say she worries about most in regards to her son?
4. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
5. What does Mr. Markham do after reading Helen's diary?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)