|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
(a) To see Mrs. Graham one more time.
(b) Because Mrs. Graham calls to him.
(c) To listen in on Mrs. Graham's conversations.
(d) Because he left something there.
2. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
(a) Because Helen isn't talking to him.
(b) Because Helen asks him to.
(c) Because he has family there.
(d) Because he has a business opportunity there.
3. In Chapter 41, what does Helen do while her husband is in London?
(a) Gets her son to stop drinking alcohol.
(b) Finds her hidden jewelry.
(c) Starts painting again.
(d) Buys train tickets.
4. In Chapter 10, where does Mr. Markham run into Mr. Lawrence?
(a) On his way to church.
(b) On his way to town.
(c) On his way to Wildfell Hall.
(d) At the local pub.
5. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
(a) His jokes.
(b) His friendship with Lord Lowborough.
(c) His gambling.
(d) His relationship with Annabella.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, how does Mr. Huntingdon act while at home?
2. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
3. Where does Mr. Markham go at the end of Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 43, what does Helen say she worries about most in regards to her son?
5. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)