|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he wants a promotion.
(b) Because he needs the money.
(c) Because he is bored.
(d) Because he is upset.
2. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
(a) His gambling.
(b) His friendship with Lord Lowborough.
(c) His relationship with Annabella.
(d) His jokes.
3. Why does Mr. Huntingdon send Helen home from London before himself?
(a) Because it is cheaper.
(b) Because she is boring.
(c) Because he has business.
(d) Because they were arguing.
4. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
(a) They can't spend much money.
(b) They don't go out on the town.
(c) It isn't long enough.
(d) It is too cold.
5. In Chapter 45, why does Helen say she can never see Mr. Markham again?
(a) Because he knows the truth.
(b) Because she likes him too much.
(c) Because she dislikes him.
(d) Because of her wedding vows.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
2. Who does Helen write to to have them prepare Wildfell Hall for her?
3. In Chapter 43, what does Helen say she worries about most in regards to her son?
4. When Helen first arrives at Wildfell Hall, what does she note there isn't a lot of?
5. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)