|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
(a) A whip.
(b) A riding crop.
(c) A book.
(d) A stick.
2. Who does Mr. Huntingdon question when he realizes Helen is gone?
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Mr. Hargrave.
3. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
(a) Because he wants a promotion.
(b) Because he is bored.
(c) Because he is upset.
(d) Because he needs the money.
4. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
(a) Because Mrs. Graham calls to him.
(b) To listen in on Mrs. Graham's conversations.
(c) To see Mrs. Graham one more time.
(d) Because he left something there.
5. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is pleased.
(c) She is appalled.
(d) She is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
2. In Chapter 42, how does Helen convince Mr. Hattersley that he is right to change his ways?
3. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
4. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
5. What does Mrs. Graham want to know about Mr. Markham in Chapter 15?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)