|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, when does Mrs. Graham say she will tell Mr. Markham the truth about her?
(a) Next year.
(b) The following day.
(c) When she feels like it.
(d) Within a month.
2. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) Like he is ashamed.
(b) Like he is angry.
(c) Like he is sad.
(d) Like he is proud.
3. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
(a) She is too religious.
(b) She is too demanding.
(c) She is uneducated.
(d) She is less pretty each day.
4. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
(a) So she will feel better.
(b) So he will stop loving her.
(c) So he can laugh.
(d) So he knows the truth.
5. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
(a) That it has been damaged.
(b) That it is gone.
(c) That it rules her life.
(d) That it is good.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Huntingdon learn about his wife's plan to leave him?
2. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
3. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
4. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
5. Why does Mr. Huntingdon send Helen home from London before himself?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)