|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 25, how long do the Huntingdons spend in London?
(a) One week.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
2. Why does Helen suggest that Lord Lowborough is marrying Annabella?
(a) For her good looks.
(b) For her title.
(c) For her father's business.
(d) For her money.
3. Why does Helen begin planning to leave again in Chapter 43?
(a) Because her husband starts to drink again.
(b) Because she saves up enough money.
(c) Because her husband hires his mistress.
(d) Because her husband is spending all their money.
4. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) Like he is ashamed.
(b) Like he is proud.
(c) Like he is angry.
(d) Like he is sad.
5. In Chapter 42, what makes Helen believe she can stay in her marriage?
(a) Her husband quit drinking.
(b) Her son asks her to.
(c) Her husband's new attitude.
(d) The amount of time her husband is gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen sneak away from home to leave for Wildfell Hall?
2. In Chapter 41, what does Helen do while her husband is in London?
3. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
4. What does Mr. Markham do after reading Helen's diary?
5. In Chapter 45, why does Helen say she can never see Mr. Markham again?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)