|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Markham hit Mr. Lawrence with in Chapter 14?
(a) A whip.
(b) A riding crop.
(c) A book.
(d) A stick.
2. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham return to Wildfell Hall?
(a) To listen in on Mrs. Graham's conversations.
(b) Because he left something there.
(c) To see Mrs. Graham one more time.
(d) Because Mrs. Graham calls to him.
3. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is entertained.
4. What does Frederick say about Helen staying at Wildfell Hall in Chapter 41?
(a) That she should try to make her marriage work first.
(b) That she will need to clean the place.
(c) That she will be much happier.
(d) That he doesn't want her there.
5. Why does Mr. Huntingdon send Helen home from London before himself?
(a) Because it is cheaper.
(b) Because she is boring.
(c) Because he has business.
(d) Because they were arguing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Huntingdon question when he realizes Helen is gone?
2. Why does Helen begin planning to leave again in Chapter 43?
3. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
4. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)