|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 45, why does Helen say she can never see Mr. Markham again?
(a) Because he knows the truth.
(b) Because of her wedding vows.
(c) Because she dislikes him.
(d) Because she likes him too much.
2. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
(a) That he thinks she is foolish.
(b) That he will hurt whoever is spreading the rumors.
(c) That he wants to protect her.
(d) That he is sorry.
3. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
(a) That they are hurting him, too.
(b) That they are funny.
(c) That they are true.
(d) That they are false.
4. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
(a) She is uneducated.
(b) She is too demanding.
(c) She is less pretty each day.
(d) She is too religious.
5. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He thanks him.
(b) He walks away.
(c) He refuses the help.
(d) He hits him again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen sneak away from home to leave for Wildfell Hall?
2. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
3. In Chapter 42, how does Helen convince Mr. Hattersley that he is right to change his ways?
4. Why does Mr. Markham begin to work so many hours in Chapter 13?
5. Who does Mr. Huntingdon question when he realizes Helen is gone?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)