|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Millward say he told Mrs. Graham about the rumors?
(a) To hurt her.
(b) To see how she would react.
(c) To entertain her.
(d) To save her.
2. Why does Helen begin planning to leave again in Chapter 43?
(a) Because she saves up enough money.
(b) Because her husband starts to drink again.
(c) Because her husband hires his mistress.
(d) Because her husband is spending all their money.
3. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
(a) That it has been damaged.
(b) That it is gone.
(c) That it rules her life.
(d) That it is good.
4. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He falls off his horse.
(c) He stumbles down steps.
(d) He hits back, quickly.
5. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
(a) He thanks him.
(b) He walks away.
(c) He hits him again.
(d) He refuses the help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
2. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
3. After Mr. Huntingdon takes most of Helen's money and belongings, what does he leave her?
4. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
5. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)