|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 41, what does Helen do while her husband is in London?
(a) Buys train tickets.
(b) Starts painting again.
(c) Gets her son to stop drinking alcohol.
(d) Finds her hidden jewelry.
2. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
(a) Stories of past romances.
(b) Stories about his travels.
(c) Stories of his gambling.
(d) Stories about his drinking.
3. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
(a) For his good looks.
(b) For his money.
(c) For his land.
(d) For his title.
4. In Chapter 43, who does Mr. Huntingdon hire?
(a) A maid.
(b) A cook.
(c) A butler.
(d) A governess.
5. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) Like he is ashamed.
(b) Like he is angry.
(c) Like he is sad.
(d) Like he is proud.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 27, when does Mr. Huntingdon kiss Lady Lowborough's hand?
2. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
3. What does Mr. Markham tell Mrs. Graham when she is upset in Chapter 12?
4. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
5. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)