|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
(a) Because he has family there.
(b) Because he has a business opportunity there.
(c) Because Helen asks him to.
(d) Because Helen isn't talking to him.
2. After Mr. Huntingdon takes most of Helen's money and belongings, what does he leave her?
(b) A piano.
3. In Chapter 26, what embarrasses Helen?
(a) Mr. Huntingdon's flirting with Lady Lowborough.
(b) Her outdated clothing.
(c) Mr. Huntingdon's drinking.
(d) Her pregnant stomach.
4. After reading Helen's diary, how does Mr. Markham feel?
5. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Mr. Huntingdon decide to do?
(a) Write a novel.
(b) Have a hunting trip.
(c) Move to London.
(d) Buy a second house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 42, how does Helen convince Mr. Hattersley that he is right to change his ways?
2. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
3. In Chapter 25, how long do the Huntingdons spend in London?
4. What does Mrs. Graham say about her virtue in Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 23, what does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen while walking home from church?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)