|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
(a) Like he is angry.
(b) Like he is proud.
(c) Like he is sad.
(d) Like he is ashamed.
2. In Chapter 42, how does Helen convince Mr. Hattersley that he is right to change his ways?
(a) She shows him letters from his wife.
(b) She has him talk to her husband.
(c) She reads from the Bible.
(d) She agrees with everything he says.
3. What does Mrs. Graham do before giving her diary to Mr. Markham?
(a) She cries.
(b) She removes some of the pages.
(c) She writes more pages.
(d) She makes him promise to keep it a secret.
4. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
(a) That they are false.
(b) That they are funny.
(c) That they are true.
(d) That they are hurting him, too.
5. How did Lord Lowborough lose his fortune?
(a) Bad investments.
(c) A divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Huntingdon question when he realizes Helen is gone?
2. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
3. Why does Mrs. Graham give Mr. Markham her diary?
4. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)