|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helen react to Mr. Huntingdon's stories in Chapter 24?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is entertained.
(d) She is confused.
2. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
(a) He starts to distrust Mrs. Graham.
(b) He overhears their conversation.
(c) Mr. Lawrence writes him a letter.
(d) Rose confirms the rumor.
3. In Chapter 22, how does Helen feel about what Mr. Huntingdon tells her about Lord Lowborough?
(a) She is appalled.
(b) She is embarrassed.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is pleased.
4. What happens to Mr. Lawrence when Mr. Markham hits him in Chapter 14?
(a) He stumbles down steps.
(b) He hits back, quickly.
(c) He falls off his horse.
(d) He passes out.
5. Where does Helen's diary end?
(a) With her son getting a dog.
(b) With her meeting new friends.
(c) With her husband sending her a note.
(d) With her aunt sending her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets Helen about her wedding vacation?
2. In Chapter 22, what makes Helen doubt Mr. Huntingdon's character?
3. What stories does Mr. Huntingdon tell Helen in Chapter 24?
4. When Helen first arrives at Wildfell Hall, what does she note there isn't a lot of?
5. What happens when Mr. Markham tries to help Mr. Lawrence in Chapter 14?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)