|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 40-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, why does Mr. Huntingdon plan a trip to London?
(a) Because Helen isn't talking to him.
(b) Because he has family there.
(c) Because he has a business opportunity there.
(d) Because Helen asks him to.
2. In Chapter 23, how does Mr. Huntingdon act while at home?
(a) Like he is angry.
(b) Like he is rich.
(c) Like he is bored.
(d) Like he is having fun.
3. After Mr. Huntingdon takes most of Helen's money and belongings, what does he leave her?
(d) A piano.
4. In Chapter 10, what does Mr. Millward seem to think about the rumors about Mrs. Graham?
(a) That they are false.
(b) That they are hurting him, too.
(c) That they are funny.
(d) That they are true.
5. Why is Mr. Hattersley in town in Chapter 42?
(a) To visit with Helen.
(b) To visit his mother-in-law.
(c) For business.
(d) Milicent asked him to come to town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Huntingdon say Annabella is marrying Lord Lowborough?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 10, how does Mr. Markham describe Mrs. Graham to his sister and mother?
3. How does Mr. Huntingdon react after kissing Lady Lowborough's hand?
4. In Chapter 12, why does Mr. Markham begin to believe the rumors about Mrs. Graham and Mr. Lawrence?
5. What does Mr. Huntingdon say Lord Lowborough did after losing his fortune?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)