Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
The Letter and Chapters 1-5 Abstract
* Mr. Markham writes a letter to a friend.
* Mrs. Graham, a widow, moves in next door to Mr. Markham.
* Mr. Markham and his family become friends with Mrs. Graham.
* Mr. Markham looks through some of Mrs. Graham's paintings, which seems to bother her.
Chapters 6-9 Abstract
* Mrs. Graham changes back...
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)