|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Molly do in Rome?
(a) Goes to art classes.
(b) Moves in with Paul.
(c) Leaves Paul for another man.
(d) Quits the outfit.
2. Who is Tom Webster?
(a) Christopher's case officer.
(b) A FBI agent.
(c) Christopher's contact in Iceland.
(d) A Secret Service agent.
3. Who can predict and use others' mistakes?
(a) Both Paul and David.
(b) Only Paul.
(c) Neither Paul nor David are good at that.
(d) Only David.
4. What information does Paul give Truong toc?
(a) How to find the last two Ngo brothers.
(b) How to find Truong toc's brother's killer.
(c) Where the youngest Ngo sister is hidden.
(d) About his cousin's murder and burial and where to find the surviving killer.
5. With what does Webster have difficulty?
(a) Interpreting phone codes.
(b) Protecting a President he hates.
(c) Investigating a case involving a good friend.
(d) Living in such a cold climate.
6. What does Paul need to investigate the JFK assassination?
(a) Access to top secret documents.
(b) A way to find Oswald's contacts in the USSR.
(c) White House approval.
(d) An expense account.
7. What does Paul suggest to Truong toc about the young woman he first met at the garden door?
(a) To be kept from answering the garden door.
(b) To hide her contempt.
(c) To learn better English.
(d) To show more respect to an older male.
8. What does Paul lack as he sets out to learn the truth of the assassination of JFK?
(b) Support from his superiors.
9. About what did both Christopher's ex-wife, Cathy, and his girlfriend both obsess?
(a) Their jewelry.
(b) Christopher's poetry.
(c) If Christopher is having an affair.
(d) The number of parties they attend each month.
10. What does Wolkowicz want in exchange for keeping Paul out of Vietnamese jails?
(a) A hundred thousand U.S. dollars.
(b) A lead on the Truong toc.
(c) The full story.
(d) The right to call Paul back into service.
11. Who is Klimenko?
(a) A Tass agent.
(b) Paul's contact in Bangkok.
(c) A rogue Soviet agent.
(d) Tom's contact in the USSR.
12. Where does Paul Christopher board a plane?
13. What does Paul bring to the Truong toc's?
(a) Some incriminating photographs.
(b) A bribe.
(c) Valuable information.
(d) A letter of introduction.
14. Who does Paul contact in Vietnam?
(b) Ngô Đình Thục
(c) Madam Nhu.
(d) Ngo Dinh Khoi.
15. About what does Kim talk to Paul while having lunch?
(a) His family's royal history, his present poverty, his service to the exiled Mme. Nhu.
(b) That the third Ngo brother escaped to the United States.
(c) That Kim is a dead man.
(d) That communists are the ones who killed the Ngo brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the safe house in Washington, D.C.?
2. Who is in Mexico City at the same time as Oswald on 27-30 September?
3. Why will learning a connection to Lê Thu be difficult right now?
4. What happens to Wolkowicz in WWII?
5. How does Christopher feel about Paris?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)