|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes Paul's alias?
(a) P. S. Offen.
(b) P. C. Walker.
(c) Chris Paulson.
(d) P.S. Runner.
2. What does Wolkowicz want in exchange for keeping Paul out of Vietnamese jails?
(a) A hundred thousand U.S. dollars.
(b) A lead on the Truong toc.
(c) The full story.
(d) The right to call Paul back into service.
3. Who does Paul pretend to be when visiting Woldowicz?
(a) An investor interested in the Asian tea market.
(b) An agent for the USSR.
(c) An investor intrested in the opium trade.
(d) A reporter doing a story on the Ngos.
4. What is mentioned as part of the French culture at the time?
(a) Indifference to the United States.
(d) Indifference to the plight of the Vietnamese.
5. Where does Paul recommend Luong's brother search for Luong's killer?
(b) He does not know.
6. Who is Piero Cremona?
(a) A Communist journalist.
(b) A Fascist journalist.
(c) A right-wing, Christian journalist.
(d) A Libertine journalist.
7. What does Paul do under his assumed name?
(a) Draws out both American and CHF money.
(b) Hides out at a third class hotel.
(c) Goes to Amsterdam to await further news.
(d) Eliminates two potential turncoats.
8. What do the Ngos need?
(a) An American gunman.
(b) A secret liaision in Washington.
(c) A large sum of money.
(d) A way to escape.
9. What does a courier deliver to the dinner party?
(a) News of a coup d'etat in Saigon.
(b) An announcement of the Presidential election results in the U.S.
(c) A telegram from Christopher's ex-wife about their daughter.
(d) A telegram about Christopher's father.
10. What does Molly do in Rome?
(a) Moves in with Paul.
(b) Leaves Paul for another man.
(c) Goes to art classes.
(d) Quits the outfit.
11. Where does Paul run?
(a) To his hotel room.
(b) To where his Citroën is parked.
(c) To Luong's home.
(d) To the American embassy.
12. What does the Truong toc show Paul?
(a) His son's picture.
(b) His daughter's picture.
(c) A secret document written by Webster.
(d) Molly's picture.
13. What does Foley send to Vietnam with Peggy McKinney's brother?
(a) A letter to Webster.
(b) A request for Paul to be reassigned.
(c) A letter to Wolkowicz.
(d) A request for Paul to be fired.
14. Who is Wolkowicz?
(a) Christopher's section chief.
(b) Christopher's lawyer.
(c) The head of Intelligence in the Western United States.
(d) Christopher's ex-wife's new husband.
15. Who does Christopher pay off?
(b) A Russian agent.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His ex-wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will learning a connection to Lê Thu be difficult right now?
2. What does Paul suggest to Truong toc about the young woman he first met at the garden door?
3. Why does Paul rush to the United States?
4. What does Paul realize may happen to him?
5. What changes the young woman's rudeness to Paul at a garden door?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)