|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul see that he pieces together?
(a) Newspaper clippings.
(b) Bits of information from other agents.
(c) A torn up letter from a Russian spy.
(d) Mental images.
2. How does Christopher feel about Paris?
(a) He loves it and would live there for the rest of his love.
(b) He thinks it is overrated as a vacation spot.
(c) He no longer loves it.
(d) He has no opinion about it.
3. What do the Soviets want to do about Oswald?
(a) Remove all traces of his visit to the USSR.
(b) Distance themselves from him.
(c) Allow him to defect to the USSR.
(d) Silence him.
4. Why do Paul and David meet at the Statler Hotel?
(a) They like the lunch buffet.
(b) That is where Paul is staying.
(c) They fear eavesdropping.
(d) They know the security manager.
5. What is Luong renamed in death?
6. About what did both Christopher's ex-wife, Cathy, and his girlfriend both obsess?
(a) If Christopher is having an affair.
(b) The number of parties they attend each month.
(c) Christopher's poetry.
(d) Their jewelry.
7. Who is Piero Cremona?
(a) A Libertine journalist.
(b) A Fascist journalist.
(c) A Communist journalist.
(d) A right-wing, Christian journalist.
8. What does David's letter quote?
(a) The raven.
(b) Two lines of one of Paul's poems.
(c) One of the Ngo brothers.
(d) A line from The Wasteland.
9. What does Paul not want to talk about?
(a) His feelings.
(b) His work.
(c) His poetry and his real life.
(d) His childhood.
10. What does David maintain about the Ngos?
(a) That they never forget a wrong.
(b) That they are basically harmless without the two deceased brothers.
(c) That they have the motive and the skill to pull off the crime.
(d) That they are ruthless.
11. Back in Paris, what does Christopher read?
(a) The Wall Street Journal.
(b) The hot report.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) A comic book.
12. Who is Paul's contact in the administration?
13. Who fires a pistol at Paul as he leaves the Truong toc's home?
(a) Ho's son.
(b) No one.
(c) The man who kills Luong.
14. Who does Paul pretend to be when visiting Woldowicz?
(a) An agent for the USSR.
(b) A reporter doing a story on the Ngos.
(c) An investor interested in the Asian tea market.
(d) An investor intrested in the opium trade.
15. What does Foley believe?
(a) That Paul is mental.
(b) That LBJ needs to be protected more securely.
(c) That JFK deserves to die.
(d) Paul's assertions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul recommend Luong's brother search for Luong's killer?
2. With what does Webster have difficulty?
3. Why is David disqualified from field work?
4. What is Molly's nationality?
5. What does Paul give his girlfriend before heading to Asia?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)