|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Foley insist JFK will do?
(a) Live up to his committments.
(b) Fold under pressure.
(c) Be assassinated.
(d) Give rewards to those who support him.
2. What happens to Wolkowicz in WWII?
(a) He is a spy in Germany.
(b) He is a spy in Poland.
(c) He is tortured.
(d) He has to stay in Washington, D.C. the entire war even though he wants to fight to liberate Poland.
3. Who does Phuoc recommend Paul seek?
(a) One of his own kind.
(b) Yu Lung.
(c) The killer of Luong.
(d) The wife of Ngo Diem.
4. What language does Christopher speak impeccably?
5. What man does Paul quote when talking to Truong toc?
(c) Ngo Tan Khoi.
(d) Ngo Diem.
6. Who is Tom Webster?
(a) Christopher's contact in Iceland.
(b) A Secret Service agent.
(c) A FBI agent.
(d) Christopher's case officer.
7. Who scoffs at the idea they will admit to killing an American president and destroying the American army with heroin?
(c) The Truong toc.
(d) Luong's widow.
8. What does David maintain about the Ngos?
(a) That they have the motive and the skill to pull off the crime.
(b) That they are basically harmless without the two deceased brothers.
(c) That they are ruthless.
(d) That they never forget a wrong.
9. What does Paul give his girlfriend before heading to Asia?
(a) A letter for David if Paul does not return.
(b) A letter for his parents if he does not return.
(c) A will.
(d) A ring.
10. About what does Kim talk to Paul while having lunch?
(a) That the third Ngo brother escaped to the United States.
(b) That communists are the ones who killed the Ngo brothers.
(c) His family's royal history, his present poverty, his service to the exiled Mme. Nhu.
(d) That Kim is a dead man.
11. Where does Paul recommend Luong's brother search for Luong's killer?
(d) He does not know.
12. What does Wolkowicz think Christopher is doing with Luong?
(a) Not getting enough information for the money Luong is being paid.
(b) Coddling him.
(c) Feeding him false hope.
(d) Giving him money to leave the country.
13. Back in Paris, what does Christopher read?
(a) A comic book.
(b) The Wall Street Journal.
(c) The hot report.
(d) The New York Times.
14. What does Paul lack as he sets out to learn the truth of the assassination of JFK?
(b) Support from his superiors.
15. Who does Paul pretend to be when visiting Woldowicz?
(a) A reporter doing a story on the Ngos.
(b) An agent for the USSR.
(c) An investor intrested in the opium trade.
(d) An investor interested in the Asian tea market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fires a pistol at Paul as he leaves the Truong toc's home?
2. What will not fail if America learns that JFK is killed in revenge?
3. What have people advised Luong when he asks about Lê Thu?
4. What does Paul think political murders are usually about?
5. What happens to Paul's car?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)