|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do David and Paul think can be used to find the truth in any situation?
2. What is Molly's nationality?
(a) New Zealander.
3. Where does Paul run?
(a) To his hotel room.
(b) To the American embassy.
(c) To where his Citroën is parked.
(d) To Luong's home.
4. What does Foley refuse to do?
(a) Release any secret documents.
(b) Pull Paul off the case.
(c) Talk to LBJ.
(d) Transfer David.
5. What does Kim explain to Paul?
(a) How the Ngo family contacts Oswald.
(b) Who sent Ruby after Oswald.
(c) Why the Russians did not eliminate Oswald when they learn what he plans.
(d) Three Vietnamese terms.
6. With whom does Paul have dinner before his 10 PM flight?
(a) Nguyen Van Nhung.
(b) Trevor Hitchcock and his wife, Theresa.
(d) Dương Văn Minh.
7. What does Luong face?
(b) Life imprisonment.
(d) A long trial.
8. Why do Paul and David meet at the Statler Hotel?
(a) They fear eavesdropping.
(b) That is where Paul is staying.
(c) They like the lunch buffet.
(d) They know the security manager.
9. What has disappeared for Christopher?
(a) His talent to write plays.
(b) His talent to write short stories.
(c) His talent to write novels.
(d) His talent to write poetry.
10. What does Paul give his girlfriend before heading to Asia?
(a) A ring.
(b) A letter for his parents if he does not return.
(c) A letter for David if Paul does not return.
(d) A will.
11. How is the President of the United States at the time of this chapter described in Paul's conversation with Cremona?
(a) As a patsy.
(b) As a sycophant.
(c) As a man of action.
(d) As a cypher.
12. What does a phone call confirm?
(a) The deaths of the Ngos.
(b) Christopher's father is stable after a heart attack.
(c) That the election has been declared.
(d) Christopher's daughter is stable after an car accident.
13. What does Paul think political murders are usually about?
(a) Righting a situation.
14. What happens to Paul's car?
(a) It explodes.
(b) It is painted with graffiti.
(c) It is ransacked.
(d) It is stolen.
15. Where does Paul Christopher board a plane?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Paul and Luong discuss?
2. What does Paul find when he reaches Saigon?
3. When do David and Paul meet?
4. Where does Paul plan to travel?
5. What does Paul offer Kim?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)