|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David maintain about the Ngos?
(a) That they are ruthless.
(b) That they have the motive and the skill to pull off the crime.
(c) That they never forget a wrong.
(d) That they are basically harmless without the two deceased brothers.
2. About what did both Christopher's ex-wife, Cathy, and his girlfriend both obsess?
(a) The number of parties they attend each month.
(b) Their jewelry.
(c) If Christopher is having an affair.
(d) Christopher's poetry.
3. Where does Paul plan to travel?
(d) Léopoldville and Saigon.
4. What does Paul bring to the Truong toc's?
(a) Some incriminating photographs.
(b) Valuable information.
(c) A bribe.
(d) A letter of introduction.
5. What will not fail if America learns that JFK is killed in revenge?
(a) The North Vietnamese efforts to unite the country.
(b) The ending of the Democrat majority.
(c) American's desire for revenge and war in Vietnam.
(d) Diem and Nhu's efforts to end American influence.
6. What has disappeared for Christopher?
(a) His talent to write short stories.
(b) His talent to write poetry.
(c) His talent to write plays.
(d) His talent to write novels.
7. Who is Tom Webster?
(a) Christopher's case officer.
(b) A FBI agent.
(c) Christopher's contact in Iceland.
(d) A Secret Service agent.
8. What does Wolkowicz want in exchange for keeping Paul out of Vietnamese jails?
(a) A hundred thousand U.S. dollars.
(b) A lead on the Truong toc.
(c) The right to call Paul back into service.
(d) The full story.
9. Who does Christopher pay off?
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) A Russian agent.
10. What does Foley believe?
(a) That LBJ needs to be protected more securely.
(b) That JFK deserves to die.
(c) Paul's assertions.
(d) That Paul is mental.
11. What becomes Paul's alias?
(a) P. S. Offen.
(b) Chris Paulson.
(c) P.S. Runner.
(d) P. C. Walker.
12. What does a courier deliver to the dinner party?
(a) A telegram from Christopher's ex-wife about their daughter.
(b) News of a coup d'etat in Saigon.
(c) An announcement of the Presidential election results in the U.S.
(d) A telegram about Christopher's father.
13. What does Paul do under his assumed name?
(a) Eliminates two potential turncoats.
(b) Goes to Amsterdam to await further news.
(c) Draws out both American and CHF money.
(d) Hides out at a third class hotel.
14. What does Paul not want to talk about?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His work.
(c) His feelings.
(d) His poetry and his real life.
15. Where does Paul drive his rented Peugeot?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul see that he pieces together?
2. Who does Paul contact in Vietnam?
3. How is the President of the United States at the time of this chapter described in Paul's conversation with Cremona?
4. How do the Websters respond to Paul's resignation?
5. Where does Paul recommend Luong's brother search for Luong's killer?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)