|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Ngos see Oswald as useful?
(a) Because he is a communist.
(b) Because he is apolitical.
(c) Because he is a super patriot.
(d) Because he is unstable.
2. Who is Paul's contact in the administration?
3. Why is David disqualified from field work?
(a) His father supervises field workers.
(b) His facial paralysis and limp.
(c) His father is a Russian citizen.
(d) He is unwilling to carry a weapon.
4. Who is in Mexico City at the same time as Oswald on 27-30 September?
(a) A Venezuelan named Ruiz Ortegas.
(b) A Cuban named Manuel Ruiz.
(c) A Vietnamese named Diem toc.
5. Where does Paul run?
(a) To where his Citroën is parked.
(b) To his hotel room.
(c) To the American embassy.
(d) To Luong's home.
6. What does Paul find when he reaches Saigon?
(a) Luong's dead body.
(b) Signs that the Ngos bodyguards have rifled his hotel room.
(c) A note from Wolkowicz.
(d) A doll with blood all over it on his bed at his motel.
7. What do David and Paul think can be used to find the truth in any situation?
8. What does a phone call confirm?
(a) Christopher's daughter is stable after an car accident.
(b) That the election has been declared.
(c) Christopher's father is stable after a heart attack.
(d) The deaths of the Ngos.
9. Who is Dieter Dimpel?
(a) The German guard who helps Paul escape a POW camp.
(b) A German spy who worked for Scotland Yard.
(c) A man Paul recruits and trains in Berlin in 1946.
(d) A German spy who worked for Interpol.
10. Why does Paul rush to the United States?
(a) His father is dying.
(b) He suddenly understands something Kim says while they are talking in Rome.
(c) He is told to return by Tom.
(d) His mother is dying.
11. What does Foley insist JFK will do?
(a) Be assassinated.
(b) Live up to his committments.
(c) Fold under pressure.
(d) Give rewards to those who support him.
12. Where is the safe house in Washington, D.C.?
(a) On Harbor Avenue.
(b) On Q Street.
(c) In the Georgetown area.
(d) Near the Pentagon.
13. How is the President of the United States at the time of this chapter described in Paul's conversation with Cremona?
(a) As a patsy.
(b) As a man of action.
(c) As a sycophant.
(d) As a cypher.
14. What do the Soviets want to do about Oswald?
(a) Allow him to defect to the USSR.
(b) Distance themselves from him.
(c) Silence him.
(d) Remove all traces of his visit to the USSR.
15. Back in Paris, what does Christopher read?
(a) A comic book.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The hot report.
(d) The Wall Street Journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Christopher pay off?
2. Who can predict and use others' mistakes?
3. About what does Kim talk to Paul while having lunch?
4. What does Paul give his girlfriend before heading to Asia?
5. What does the Truong toc deny?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)