|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolkowicz think Christopher is doing with Luong?
(a) Not getting enough information for the money Luong is being paid.
(b) Coddling him.
(c) Feeding him false hope.
(d) Giving him money to leave the country.
2. What does the Truong toc show Paul?
(a) Molly's picture.
(b) His son's picture.
(c) A secret document written by Webster.
(d) His daughter's picture.
3. Where is the safe house in Washington, D.C.?
(a) On Harbor Avenue.
(b) Near the Pentagon.
(c) In the Georgetown area.
(d) On Q Street.
4. What does Foley insist JFK will do?
(a) Live up to his committments.
(b) Fold under pressure.
(c) Be assassinated.
(d) Give rewards to those who support him.
5. What is Luong renamed in death?
6. What is mentioned as part of the French culture at the time?
(a) Indifference to the United States.
(b) Indifference to the plight of the Vietnamese.
7. What photographs does Luong supply to Christopher?
(a) Pictures of his wife cheating.
(b) Pictures of his girlfriend paying off a blackmailer.
(c) Pictures of Do Minh Kah and a mystery woman.
(d) Pictures of the CIA assassinating the head of a Cambodian gangster in San Francisco.
8. What does David maintain about the Ngos?
(a) That they are ruthless.
(b) That they are basically harmless without the two deceased brothers.
(c) That they never forget a wrong.
(d) That they have the motive and the skill to pull off the crime.
9. What does a courier deliver to the dinner party?
(a) News of a coup d'etat in Saigon.
(b) An announcement of the Presidential election results in the U.S.
(c) A telegram about Christopher's father.
(d) A telegram from Christopher's ex-wife about their daughter.
10. Who is Tom Webster?
(a) Christopher's contact in Iceland.
(b) A FBI agent.
(c) A Secret Service agent.
(d) Christopher's case officer.
11. What does the Truong toc deny?
(a) A vendetta against Luong.
(b) Access to information Paul desires.
(c) A vendetta agains Ngo Diem.
(d) A plot to kill JFK.
12. What do David and Paul think can be used to find the truth in any situation?
13. What does David say about the "outfit" as regards the Ngo men?
(a) The outfit had to kill them to protect their agents in Vietnam.
(b) The outfit has nothing to do with their murders.
(c) The outfit orders the murders but Vietnamese agents do the killings.
(d) The outfit wanted to kill them, but someone beat them to it.
14. How is the President of the United States at the time of this chapter described in Paul's conversation with Cremona?
(a) As a patsy.
(b) As a sycophant.
(c) As a cypher.
(d) As a man of action.
15. Who does Christopher pay off?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) A Russian agent.
(c) His ex-wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paul rush to the United States?
2. What is Truong toc's response to Ho's recommendation that they kill Paul?
3. About what did both Christopher's ex-wife, Cathy, and his girlfriend both obsess?
4. What does Paul realize may happen to him?
5. How does Christopher feel about Paris?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)