|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Websters respond to Paul's resignation?
(a) With sorrow, information and money.
(c) They think Paul is wise to resign.
2. Why does Paul rush to the United States?
(a) He is told to return by Tom.
(b) He suddenly understands something Kim says while they are talking in Rome.
(c) His father is dying.
(d) His mother is dying.
3. What have people advised Luong when he asks about Lê Thu?
(a) To get a hold of one of the surviving Ngos.
(b) To forget the name.
(c) To look for an open lotus.
(d) To follow the opium money.
4. What do the Ngos need?
(a) An American gunman.
(b) A way to escape.
(c) A large sum of money.
(d) A secret liaision in Washington.
5. Why is David disqualified from field work?
(a) His facial paralysis and limp.
(b) His father is a Russian citizen.
(c) He is unwilling to carry a weapon.
(d) His father supervises field workers.
6. What does Kim say will open doors?
(a) Pretended sympathy to the communist cause.
(c) Kim's name.
(d) The name Lê Thu.
7. Why do the Ngos see Oswald as useful?
(a) Because he is apolitical.
(b) Because he is unstable.
(c) Because he is a communist.
(d) Because he is a super patriot.
8. Where does Paul plan to travel?
(b) Léopoldville and Saigon.
9. Why does Paul love Molly?
(a) She allows him the space he needs.
(b) She accepts him for himself.
(c) She is not part of his past.
(d) She is funny and charming.
10. Who has been murdered when Paul is in Rome?
(a) Jung Su.
(c) Ngo Diem.
11. What is Molly's nationality?
(b) New Zealander.
12. About what does Kim talk to Paul while having lunch?
(a) His family's royal history, his present poverty, his service to the exiled Mme. Nhu.
(b) That communists are the ones who killed the Ngo brothers.
(c) That Kim is a dead man.
(d) That the third Ngo brother escaped to the United States.
13. Where does Paul run?
(a) To Luong's home.
(b) To the American embassy.
(c) To his hotel room.
(d) To where his Citroën is parked.
14. What is Luong renamed in death?
15. What does Paul suddenly understand at the opening of Chapter 3?
(a) Why JFK is assassinated.
(b) Why Ngo Diem hates Buddhists.
(c) Why his wife leaves him.
(d) Why his girlfriend will not marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David's letter quote?
2. Who is in Mexico City at the same time as Oswald on 27-30 September?
3. Who is Klimenko?
4. What does Kim explain to Paul?
5. What does Paul do under his assumed name?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)