|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been murdered when Paul is in Rome?
(b) Jung Su.
(d) Ngo Diem.
2. How does Christopher feel about Paris?
(a) He thinks it is overrated as a vacation spot.
(b) He loves it and would live there for the rest of his love.
(c) He has no opinion about it.
(d) He no longer loves it.
3. When do David and Paul meet?
(a) Just after WWII ends and both are applying to work for the CIA.
(b) While recuperating from wounds together in World War II.
(c) At Dartmouth before WWII.
(d) While both are skiing at Vail.
4. What does David's letter quote?
(a) Two lines of one of Paul's poems.
(b) One of the Ngo brothers.
(c) The raven.
(d) A line from The Wasteland.
5. Where does Paul Christopher board a plane?
6. What does Paul suddenly understand at the opening of Chapter 3?
(a) Why JFK is assassinated.
(b) Why Ngo Diem hates Buddhists.
(c) Why his girlfriend will not marry him.
(d) Why his wife leaves him.
7. What is Paul's flaw?
(a) Trusting David.
(b) Thinking he is always right.
(c) Believing that others think the truth will make men free.
(d) Thinking he sees every twist in the scenario about JFK's assassination.
8. What does Molly do in Rome?
(a) Moves in with Paul.
(b) Quits the outfit.
(c) Leaves Paul for another man.
(d) Goes to art classes.
9. Who is Tom Webster?
(a) Christopher's case officer.
(b) A Secret Service agent.
(c) Christopher's contact in Iceland.
(d) A FBI agent.
10. What information does Paul give Truong toc?
(a) How to find Truong toc's brother's killer.
(b) About his cousin's murder and burial and where to find the surviving killer.
(c) How to find the last two Ngo brothers.
(d) Where the youngest Ngo sister is hidden.
11. What do David and Paul think can be used to find the truth in any situation?
12. What does Paul give his girlfriend before heading to Asia?
(a) A will.
(b) A ring.
(c) A letter for David if Paul does not return.
(d) A letter for his parents if he does not return.
13. What does Paul suggest to Truong toc about the young woman he first met at the garden door?
(a) To be kept from answering the garden door.
(b) To learn better English.
(c) To show more respect to an older male.
(d) To hide her contempt.
14. Why is David disqualified from field work?
(a) His father is a Russian citizen.
(b) He is unwilling to carry a weapon.
(c) His facial paralysis and limp.
(d) His father supervises field workers.
15. What is Molly's nationality?
(d) New Zealander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dieter Dimpel?
2. What does a phone call confirm?
3. Where does David's letter send Paul?
4. According to the conversation between the two men, why will the U.S. Marines have to come to the rescue?
5. Where does Paul drive his rented Peugeot?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)