|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Molly?
(a) An agent who works with Paul.
(b) Paul's sister.
(c) Paul's ex-wife.
(d) Paul's girlfriend.
2. What does Foley refuse to do?
(a) Release any secret documents.
(b) Pull Paul off the case.
(c) Transfer David.
(d) Talk to LBJ.
3. How does Foley label Paul's hypothesis?
(b) Insane, illogical, and grotesque.
4. What does Luong face?
(c) A long trial.
(d) Life imprisonment.
5. What information does Paul give Truong toc?
(a) About his cousin's murder and burial and where to find the surviving killer.
(b) How to find Truong toc's brother's killer.
(c) How to find the last two Ngo brothers.
(d) Where the youngest Ngo sister is hidden.
6. Who does Phuoc recommend Paul seek?
(a) The wife of Ngo Diem.
(b) The killer of Luong.
(c) Yu Lung.
(d) One of his own kind.
7. What do the Ngos need?
(a) A way to escape.
(b) A secret liaision in Washington.
(c) A large sum of money.
(d) An American gunman.
8. What does the Truong toc show Paul?
(a) His son's picture.
(b) A secret document written by Webster.
(c) His daughter's picture.
(d) Molly's picture.
9. Who had talked of the Soviet's paranoia about Lee Harvey Oswald's past?
(c) Piero Cremona.
10. Who is Dieter Dimpel?
(a) A German spy who worked for Scotland Yard.
(b) The German guard who helps Paul escape a POW camp.
(c) A German spy who worked for Interpol.
(d) A man Paul recruits and trains in Berlin in 1946.
11. What does Kim explain to Paul?
(a) Why the Russians did not eliminate Oswald when they learn what he plans.
(b) Who sent Ruby after Oswald.
(c) Three Vietnamese terms.
(d) How the Ngo family contacts Oswald.
12. Where does Paul Christopher board a plane?
13. What have people advised Luong when he asks about Lê Thu?
(a) To get a hold of one of the surviving Ngos.
(b) To follow the opium money.
(c) To forget the name.
(d) To look for an open lotus.
14. Why does Paul love Molly?
(a) She is funny and charming.
(b) She is not part of his past.
(c) She accepts him for himself.
(d) She allows him the space he needs.
15. Who has been murdered when Paul is in Rome?
(b) Jung Su.
(c) Ngo Diem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul do under his assumed name?
2. What does Paul think political murders are usually about?
3. What does Paul suddenly understand at the opening of Chapter 3?
4. What does Paul offer Kim?
5. What happens to Wolkowicz in WWII?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)