|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Foley insist JFK will do?
(a) Be assassinated.
(b) Live up to his committments.
(c) Fold under pressure.
(d) Give rewards to those who support him.
2. What photographs does Luong supply to Christopher?
(a) Pictures of his girlfriend paying off a blackmailer.
(b) Pictures of Do Minh Kah and a mystery woman.
(c) Pictures of the CIA assassinating the head of a Cambodian gangster in San Francisco.
(d) Pictures of his wife cheating.
3. Who is Dieter Dimpel?
(a) A German spy who worked for Interpol.
(b) A German spy who worked for Scotland Yard.
(c) A man Paul recruits and trains in Berlin in 1946.
(d) The German guard who helps Paul escape a POW camp.
4. About what did both Christopher's ex-wife, Cathy, and his girlfriend both obsess?
(a) Christopher's poetry.
(b) Their jewelry.
(c) If Christopher is having an affair.
(d) The number of parties they attend each month.
5. Who is Molly?
(a) An agent who works with Paul.
(b) Paul's ex-wife.
(c) Paul's girlfriend.
(d) Paul's sister.
6. What language does Christopher speak impeccably?
7. What does Paul not want to talk about?
(a) His poetry and his real life.
(b) His work.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His feelings.
8. What does David say about the "outfit" as regards the Ngo men?
(a) The outfit had to kill them to protect their agents in Vietnam.
(b) The outfit has nothing to do with their murders.
(c) The outfit wanted to kill them, but someone beat them to it.
(d) The outfit orders the murders but Vietnamese agents do the killings.
9. Who is Klimenko?
(a) Tom's contact in the USSR.
(b) A Tass agent.
(c) A rogue Soviet agent.
(d) Paul's contact in Bangkok.
10. What does Paul see that he pieces together?
(a) Newspaper clippings.
(b) A torn up letter from a Russian spy.
(c) Bits of information from other agents.
(d) Mental images.
11. What does David's letter quote?
(a) Two lines of one of Paul's poems.
(b) The raven.
(c) One of the Ngo brothers.
(d) A line from The Wasteland.
12. Who fires a pistol at Paul as he leaves the Truong toc's home?
(a) The man who kills Luong.
(c) Ho's son.
(d) No one.
13. What does a phone call confirm?
(a) Christopher's daughter is stable after an car accident.
(b) The deaths of the Ngos.
(c) That the election has been declared.
(d) Christopher's father is stable after a heart attack.
14. What is Luong renamed in death?
15. Where does Paul plan to travel?
(c) Léopoldville and Saigon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a courier deliver to the dinner party?
2. Where does Paul Christopher board a plane?
3. Who is Piero Cremona?
4. What do David and Paul think can be used to find the truth in any situation?
5. What does Paul offer Kim?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)