|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Paul drive his rented Peugeot?
2. Why does Paul rush to the United States?
(a) He is told to return by Tom.
(b) He suddenly understands something Kim says while they are talking in Rome.
(c) His father is dying.
(d) His mother is dying.
3. What changes the young woman's rudeness to Paul at a garden door?
(a) Her father yelling at her.
(b) Recognizing Paul whom she has dated.
(c) A piece of paper Paul hands her.
(d) Her older brother yelling at her.
4. What convinces Paul he loves his girlfriend?
(a) Three days in Siena with her.
(b) Three days without her and it is hell.
(c) That he feels good despite his agony about JFK.
(d) That he calls her several times a day.
5. Who scoffs at the idea they will admit to killing an American president and destroying the American army with heroin?
(b) Luong's widow.
(d) The Truong toc.
6. What has disappeared for Christopher?
(a) His talent to write short stories.
(b) His talent to write novels.
(c) His talent to write poetry.
(d) His talent to write plays.
7. What does David's letter quote?
(a) The raven.
(b) Two lines of one of Paul's poems.
(c) A line from The Wasteland.
(d) One of the Ngo brothers.
8. What is Paul's flaw?
(a) Trusting David.
(b) Thinking he is always right.
(c) Believing that others think the truth will make men free.
(d) Thinking he sees every twist in the scenario about JFK's assassination.
9. Where is the safe house in Washington, D.C.?
(a) On Q Street.
(b) On Harbor Avenue.
(c) In the Georgetown area.
(d) Near the Pentagon.
10. What do the Soviets want to do about Oswald?
(a) Allow him to defect to the USSR.
(b) Distance themselves from him.
(c) Remove all traces of his visit to the USSR.
(d) Silence him.
11. About what does Kim talk to Paul while having lunch?
(a) That Kim is a dead man.
(b) That the third Ngo brother escaped to the United States.
(c) His family's royal history, his present poverty, his service to the exiled Mme. Nhu.
(d) That communists are the ones who killed the Ngo brothers.
12. What does Luong face?
(a) Life imprisonment.
(c) A long trial.
13. What does Molly do in Rome?
(a) Quits the outfit.
(b) Goes to art classes.
(c) Leaves Paul for another man.
(d) Moves in with Paul.
14. Why will learning a connection to Lê Thu be difficult right now?
(a) The Ngos will shoot first and ask questions later.
(b) The government has cameras everywhere.
(c) The Ngos are in mourning.
(d) Lê Thu is in hiding.
15. Why do Paul and David meet at the Statler Hotel?
(a) That is where Paul is staying.
(b) They like the lunch buffet.
(c) They fear eavesdropping.
(d) They know the security manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nsango?
2. What does Wolkowicz want in exchange for keeping Paul out of Vietnamese jails?
3. What does David maintain about the Ngos?
4. What does Paul offer Kim?
5. Where does David's letter send Paul?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)