|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nsango?
(a) The leader of a rebellion in South Africa.
(b) Tthe Sorbonne-educated revolutionary, who may yet become Prime Minister
(c) The Prime Minister of Mozambique.
(d) A revolutionary in Argentina.
2. What does Kim say will open doors?
(a) Kim's name.
(b) The name Lê Thu.
(d) Pretended sympathy to the communist cause.
3. What have people advised Luong when he asks about Lê Thu?
(a) To follow the opium money.
(b) To forget the name.
(c) To look for an open lotus.
(d) To get a hold of one of the surviving Ngos.
4. What does Foley believe about Paul and David?
(a) That they are in collusion and will harm the United States.
(b) That David is using Paul for a promotion.
(c) He believes Paul is obsessed and questions David's objectivity.
(d) That Paul is using David for information.
5. What does the Truong toc show Paul?
(a) His daughter's picture.
(b) Molly's picture.
(c) A secret document written by Webster.
(d) His son's picture.
6. What does Paul lack as he sets out to learn the truth of the assassination of JFK?
(b) Support from his superiors.
7. About what did both Christopher's ex-wife, Cathy, and his girlfriend both obsess?
(a) If Christopher is having an affair.
(b) Their jewelry.
(c) Christopher's poetry.
(d) The number of parties they attend each month.
8. What man does Paul quote when talking to Truong toc?
(a) Ngo Tan Khoi.
(b) Ngo Diem.
9. What does Wolkowicz want in exchange for keeping Paul out of Vietnamese jails?
(a) A hundred thousand U.S. dollars.
(b) A lead on the Truong toc.
(c) The full story.
(d) The right to call Paul back into service.
10. What is Luong renamed in death?
11. Where is the safe house in Washington, D.C.?
(a) Near the Pentagon.
(b) In the Georgetown area.
(c) On Harbor Avenue.
(d) On Q Street.
12. Who is Piero Cremona?
(a) A Communist journalist.
(b) A Fascist journalist.
(c) A Libertine journalist.
(d) A right-wing, Christian journalist.
13. What is mentioned as part of the French culture at the time?
(a) Indifference to the plight of the Vietnamese.
(c) Indifference to the United States.
14. Who scoffs at the idea they will admit to killing an American president and destroying the American army with heroin?
(a) Luong's widow.
(d) The Truong toc.
15. How does Christopher feel about Paris?
(a) He no longer loves it.
(b) He loves it and would live there for the rest of his love.
(c) He thinks it is overrated as a vacation spot.
(d) He has no opinion about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paul contact in Vietnam?
2. Why does Paul rush to the United States?
3. What does Paul suddenly understand at the opening of Chapter 3?
4. What does Paul need to investigate the JFK assassination?
5. Where does Webster have Molly investigated?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)