|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Klimenko?
(a) A rogue Soviet agent.
(b) Paul's contact in Bangkok.
(c) A Tass agent.
(d) Tom's contact in the USSR.
2. What does David say about the "outfit" as regards the Ngo men?
(a) The outfit wanted to kill them, but someone beat them to it.
(b) The outfit orders the murders but Vietnamese agents do the killings.
(c) The outfit had to kill them to protect their agents in Vietnam.
(d) The outfit has nothing to do with their murders.
3. What does Paul lack as he sets out to learn the truth of the assassination of JFK?
(a) Support from his superiors.
4. What happens to Paul's car?
(a) It is painted with graffiti.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) It explodes.
(d) It is ransacked.
5. Why does Paul rush to the United States?
(a) He suddenly understands something Kim says while they are talking in Rome.
(b) His mother is dying.
(c) His father is dying.
(d) He is told to return by Tom.
6. Where does Paul recommend Luong's brother search for Luong's killer?
(d) He does not know.
7. How is the President of the United States at the time of this chapter described in Paul's conversation with Cremona?
(a) As a man of action.
(b) As a patsy.
(c) As a cypher.
(d) As a sycophant.
8. Who is Molly?
(a) Paul's ex-wife.
(b) An agent who works with Paul.
(c) Paul's girlfriend.
(d) Paul's sister.
9. Who is Tom Webster?
(a) A Secret Service agent.
(b) A FBI agent.
(c) Christopher's contact in Iceland.
(d) Christopher's case officer.
10. What will not fail if America learns that JFK is killed in revenge?
(a) Diem and Nhu's efforts to end American influence.
(b) The ending of the Democrat majority.
(c) American's desire for revenge and war in Vietnam.
(d) The North Vietnamese efforts to unite the country.
11. What does Kim explain to Paul?
(a) Who sent Ruby after Oswald.
(b) Why the Russians did not eliminate Oswald when they learn what he plans.
(c) Three Vietnamese terms.
(d) How the Ngo family contacts Oswald.
12. Who scoffs at the idea they will admit to killing an American president and destroying the American army with heroin?
(a) Luong's widow.
(c) The Truong toc.
13. What does Paul see that he pieces together?
(a) Mental images.
(b) A torn up letter from a Russian spy.
(c) Bits of information from other agents.
(d) Newspaper clippings.
14. What does Foley send to Vietnam with Peggy McKinney's brother?
(a) A letter to Webster.
(b) A request for Paul to be reassigned.
(c) A request for Paul to be fired.
(d) A letter to Wolkowicz.
15. What does Paul find when he reaches Saigon?
(a) Luong's dead body.
(b) A doll with blood all over it on his bed at his motel.
(c) Signs that the Ngos bodyguards have rifled his hotel room.
(d) A note from Wolkowicz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul do under his assumed name?
2. Where does David's letter send Paul?
3. Where does Paul plan to travel?
4. How does Foley label Paul's hypothesis?
5. What is Molly's nationality?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)