|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kim say will open doors?
(a) Kim's name.
(b) Pretended sympathy to the communist cause.
(c) The name Lê Thu.
2. Where does Paul drive his rented Peugeot?
3. When do David and Paul meet?
(a) While both are skiing at Vail.
(b) While recuperating from wounds together in World War II.
(c) Just after WWII ends and both are applying to work for the CIA.
(d) At Dartmouth before WWII.
4. What does Paul lack as he sets out to learn the truth of the assassination of JFK?
(c) Support from his superiors.
5. Why do Paul and David meet at the Statler Hotel?
(a) They fear eavesdropping.
(b) They like the lunch buffet.
(c) They know the security manager.
(d) That is where Paul is staying.
6. What does a courier deliver to the dinner party?
(a) A telegram about Christopher's father.
(b) An announcement of the Presidential election results in the U.S.
(c) A telegram from Christopher's ex-wife about their daughter.
(d) News of a coup d'etat in Saigon.
7. According to the conversation between the two men, why will the U.S. Marines have to come to the rescue?
(a) The generals will fail.
(b) The President will not tolerate instability in the new government.
(c) The new regime will start killing off those of the opposing party.
(d) The communists will decide it's time for a takeover.
8. What is Luong renamed in death?
9. With whom does Paul have dinner before his 10 PM flight?
(a) Nguyen Van Nhung.
(b) Dương Văn Minh.
(c) Trevor Hitchcock and his wife, Theresa.
10. What will not fail if America learns that JFK is killed in revenge?
(a) American's desire for revenge and war in Vietnam.
(b) Diem and Nhu's efforts to end American influence.
(c) The North Vietnamese efforts to unite the country.
(d) The ending of the Democrat majority.
11. What happens to Wolkowicz in WWII?
(a) He is tortured.
(b) He is a spy in Germany.
(c) He has to stay in Washington, D.C. the entire war even though he wants to fight to liberate Poland.
(d) He is a spy in Poland.
12. Why do the Ngos see Oswald as useful?
(a) Because he is a communist.
(b) Because he is a super patriot.
(c) Because he is apolitical.
(d) Because he is unstable.
13. What changes the young woman's rudeness to Paul at a garden door?
(a) Recognizing Paul whom she has dated.
(b) A piece of paper Paul hands her.
(c) Her older brother yelling at her.
(d) Her father yelling at her.
14. What do the Ngos need?
(a) An American gunman.
(b) A large sum of money.
(c) A way to escape.
(d) A secret liaision in Washington.
15. What does Luong face?
(a) A long trial.
(b) Life imprisonment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Paul's car?
2. What have people advised Luong when he asks about Lê Thu?
3. What does Foley refuse to do?
4. What man does Paul quote when talking to Truong toc?
5. Who is in Mexico City at the same time as Oswald on 27-30 September?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)