|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul do under his assumed name?
(a) Hides out at a third class hotel.
(b) Eliminates two potential turncoats.
(c) Goes to Amsterdam to await further news.
(d) Draws out both American and CHF money.
2. Why do the Ngos see Oswald as useful?
(a) Because he is unstable.
(b) Because he is a communist.
(c) Because he is a super patriot.
(d) Because he is apolitical.
3. What do the Ngos need?
(a) A secret liaision in Washington.
(b) A large sum of money.
(c) A way to escape.
(d) An American gunman.
4. Who does Christopher pay off?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) A Russian agent.
(c) His ex-wife.
5. According to the conversation between the two men, why will the U.S. Marines have to come to the rescue?
(a) The new regime will start killing off those of the opposing party.
(b) The generals will fail.
(c) The President will not tolerate instability in the new government.
(d) The communists will decide it's time for a takeover.
6. Back in Paris, what does Christopher read?
(a) A comic book.
(b) The hot report.
(c) The Wall Street Journal.
(d) The New York Times.
7. Who does Paul pretend to be when visiting Woldowicz?
(a) An agent for the USSR.
(b) A reporter doing a story on the Ngos.
(c) An investor intrested in the opium trade.
(d) An investor interested in the Asian tea market.
8. What does Luong face?
(b) A long trial.
(c) Life imprisonment.
9. How does Foley label Paul's hypothesis?
(c) Insane, illogical, and grotesque.
10. Who fires a pistol at Paul as he leaves the Truong toc's home?
(a) Ho's son.
(b) The man who kills Luong.
(d) No one.
11. How do the Websters respond to Paul's resignation?
(a) With sorrow, information and money.
(d) They think Paul is wise to resign.
12. Who can predict and use others' mistakes?
(a) Only Paul.
(b) Neither Paul nor David are good at that.
(c) Both Paul and David.
(d) Only David.
13. Where is the safe house in Washington, D.C.?
(a) Near the Pentagon.
(b) On Harbor Avenue.
(c) In the Georgetown area.
(d) On Q Street.
14. What does David say about the "outfit" as regards the Ngo men?
(a) The outfit orders the murders but Vietnamese agents do the killings.
(b) The outfit has nothing to do with their murders.
(c) The outfit had to kill them to protect their agents in Vietnam.
(d) The outfit wanted to kill them, but someone beat them to it.
15. What do the Soviets want to do about Oswald?
(a) Distance themselves from him.
(b) Silence him.
(c) Allow him to defect to the USSR.
(d) Remove all traces of his visit to the USSR.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Luong renamed in death?
2. What does Foley send to Vietnam with Peggy McKinney's brother?
3. What convinces Paul he loves his girlfriend?
4. What changes the young woman's rudeness to Paul at a garden door?
5. About what does Kim talk to Paul while having lunch?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)