|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul realize may happen to him?
(a) He may lose his girlfriend.
(b) He may be fired.
(c) He may be arrested on trumped-up charges.
(d) He may die trying to learn the truth.
2. Who fires a pistol at Paul as he leaves the Truong toc's home?
(b) The man who kills Luong.
(c) No one.
(d) Ho's son.
3. What does Luong face?
(a) Life imprisonment.
(d) A long trial.
4. How is the President of the United States at the time of this chapter described in Paul's conversation with Cremona?
(a) As a sycophant.
(b) As a patsy.
(c) As a man of action.
(d) As a cypher.
5. What is Luong renamed in death?
6. What does Paul bring to the Truong toc's?
(a) Valuable information.
(b) A letter of introduction.
(c) A bribe.
(d) Some incriminating photographs.
7. Why do Paul and David meet at the Statler Hotel?
(a) They fear eavesdropping.
(b) They like the lunch buffet.
(c) That is where Paul is staying.
(d) They know the security manager.
8. What happens to Wolkowicz in WWII?
(a) He is a spy in Poland.
(b) He is tortured.
(c) He has to stay in Washington, D.C. the entire war even though he wants to fight to liberate Poland.
(d) He is a spy in Germany.
9. What does the Truong toc deny?
(a) A vendetta against Luong.
(b) Access to information Paul desires.
(c) A plot to kill JFK.
(d) A vendetta agains Ngo Diem.
10. What does Wolkowicz think Christopher is doing with Luong?
(a) Not getting enough information for the money Luong is being paid.
(b) Feeding him false hope.
(c) Coddling him.
(d) Giving him money to leave the country.
11. What does David maintain about the Ngos?
(a) That they are basically harmless without the two deceased brothers.
(b) That they have the motive and the skill to pull off the crime.
(c) That they are ruthless.
(d) That they never forget a wrong.
12. What does Wolkowicz want in exchange for keeping Paul out of Vietnamese jails?
(a) The full story.
(b) A lead on the Truong toc.
(c) The right to call Paul back into service.
(d) A hundred thousand U.S. dollars.
13. Where does David's letter send Paul?
(a) To Brussels to a self-service storage facility.
(b) To a specific box in the Union de Banques Suisses.
(c) To St. Peter's Basilica.
(d) To Venice to a former employee of the Outfit.
14. What do the Ngos need?
(a) A way to escape.
(b) A large sum of money.
(c) An American gunman.
(d) A secret liaision in Washington.
15. What do Paul and Luong discuss?
(a) The Zodiac.
(b) The path of least resistance.
(c) The IChing.
(d) Lucky numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul do under his assumed name?
2. What does Paul suddenly understand at the opening of Chapter 3?
3. What does Foley believe?
4. What is Truong toc's response to Ho's recommendation that they kill Paul?
5. What does Paul see that he pieces together?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)