|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David's letter send Paul?
(a) To Venice to a former employee of the Outfit.
(b) To Brussels to a self-service storage facility.
(c) To St. Peter's Basilica.
(d) To a specific box in the Union de Banques Suisses.
2. With what does Webster have difficulty?
(a) Investigating a case involving a good friend.
(b) Living in such a cold climate.
(c) Interpreting phone codes.
(d) Protecting a President he hates.
3. What does Kim explain to Paul?
(a) Who sent Ruby after Oswald.
(b) Three Vietnamese terms.
(c) How the Ngo family contacts Oswald.
(d) Why the Russians did not eliminate Oswald when they learn what he plans.
4. Who is Dieter Dimpel?
(a) A man Paul recruits and trains in Berlin in 1946.
(b) A German spy who worked for Interpol.
(c) A German spy who worked for Scotland Yard.
(d) The German guard who helps Paul escape a POW camp.
5. Why do the Ngos see Oswald as useful?
(a) Because he is a communist.
(b) Because he is a super patriot.
(c) Because he is apolitical.
(d) Because he is unstable.
6. What does Paul suddenly understand at the opening of Chapter 3?
(a) Why Ngo Diem hates Buddhists.
(b) Why his girlfriend will not marry him.
(c) Why his wife leaves him.
(d) Why JFK is assassinated.
7. Who does Paul contact in Vietnam?
(a) Madam Nhu.
(b) Ngo Dinh Khoi.
(c) Ngô Đình Thục
8. What does Paul do under his assumed name?
(a) Draws out both American and CHF money.
(b) Goes to Amsterdam to await further news.
(c) Hides out at a third class hotel.
(d) Eliminates two potential turncoats.
9. Who is Klimenko?
(a) A rogue Soviet agent.
(b) Paul's contact in Bangkok.
(c) Tom's contact in the USSR.
(d) A Tass agent.
10. Back in Paris, what does Christopher read?
(a) A comic book.
(b) The Wall Street Journal.
(c) The hot report.
(d) The New York Times.
11. What changes the young woman's rudeness to Paul at a garden door?
(a) A piece of paper Paul hands her.
(b) Recognizing Paul whom she has dated.
(c) Her father yelling at her.
(d) Her older brother yelling at her.
12. What do the Ngos need?
(a) An American gunman.
(b) A way to escape.
(c) A large sum of money.
(d) A secret liaision in Washington.
13. What does Foley send to Vietnam with Peggy McKinney's brother?
(a) A request for Paul to be fired.
(b) A letter to Webster.
(c) A letter to Wolkowicz.
(d) A request for Paul to be reassigned.
14. What happens to Paul's car?
(a) It is stolen.
(b) It is painted with graffiti.
(c) It is ransacked.
(d) It explodes.
15. Who scoffs at the idea they will admit to killing an American president and destroying the American army with heroin?
(a) Luong's widow.
(d) The Truong toc.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do David and Paul meet?
2. How is the President of the United States at the time of this chapter described in Paul's conversation with Cremona?
3. What do the Soviets want to do about Oswald?
4. What does Foley believe?
5. About what does Kim talk to Paul while having lunch?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)