|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Wolkowicz in WWII?
(a) He has to stay in Washington, D.C. the entire war even though he wants to fight to liberate Poland.
(b) He is a spy in Germany.
(c) He is a spy in Poland.
(d) He is tortured.
2. Where is the safe house in Washington, D.C.?
(a) In the Georgetown area.
(b) Near the Pentagon.
(c) On Q Street.
(d) On Harbor Avenue.
3. What is Luong renamed in death?
4. Why do Paul and David meet at the Statler Hotel?
(a) They like the lunch buffet.
(b) They know the security manager.
(c) That is where Paul is staying.
(d) They fear eavesdropping.
5. Who is Klimenko?
(a) A rogue Soviet agent.
(b) Tom's contact in the USSR.
(c) Paul's contact in Bangkok.
(d) A Tass agent.
6. What does Paul see that he pieces together?
(a) Bits of information from other agents.
(b) A torn up letter from a Russian spy.
(c) Newspaper clippings.
(d) Mental images.
7. With what does Webster have difficulty?
(a) Living in such a cold climate.
(b) Interpreting phone codes.
(c) Investigating a case involving a good friend.
(d) Protecting a President he hates.
8. What information does Paul give Truong toc?
(a) How to find the last two Ngo brothers.
(b) About his cousin's murder and burial and where to find the surviving killer.
(c) How to find Truong toc's brother's killer.
(d) Where the youngest Ngo sister is hidden.
9. What convinces Paul he loves his girlfriend?
(a) Three days without her and it is hell.
(b) Three days in Siena with her.
(c) That he calls her several times a day.
(d) That he feels good despite his agony about JFK.
10. Who has been murdered when Paul is in Rome?
(b) Ngo Diem.
(d) Jung Su.
11. What does a phone call confirm?
(a) That the election has been declared.
(b) Christopher's daughter is stable after an car accident.
(c) The deaths of the Ngos.
(d) Christopher's father is stable after a heart attack.
12. According to the conversation between the two men, why will the U.S. Marines have to come to the rescue?
(a) The President will not tolerate instability in the new government.
(b) The generals will fail.
(c) The communists will decide it's time for a takeover.
(d) The new regime will start killing off those of the opposing party.
13. Where does Paul drive his rented Peugeot?
14. What does Paul bring to the Truong toc's?
(a) Valuable information.
(b) A letter of introduction.
(c) Some incriminating photographs.
(d) A bribe.
15. Where does Paul plan to travel?
(c) Léopoldville and Saigon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the President of the United States at the time of this chapter described in Paul's conversation with Cremona?
2. What do Paul and Luong discuss?
3. What photographs does Luong supply to Christopher?
4. Who does Christopher pay off?
5. What does Paul suggest to Truong toc about the young woman he first met at the garden door?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)