|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Websters respond to Paul's resignation?
(a) With sorrow, information and money.
(b) They think Paul is wise to resign.
2. What does Paul find when he reaches Saigon?
(a) Luong's dead body.
(b) Signs that the Ngos bodyguards have rifled his hotel room.
(c) A doll with blood all over it on his bed at his motel.
(d) A note from Wolkowicz.
3. What does David's letter quote?
(a) A line from The Wasteland.
(b) The raven.
(c) One of the Ngo brothers.
(d) Two lines of one of Paul's poems.
4. Who is Klimenko?
(a) A Tass agent.
(b) Tom's contact in the USSR.
(c) Paul's contact in Bangkok.
(d) A rogue Soviet agent.
5. What information does Paul give Truong toc?
(a) About his cousin's murder and burial and where to find the surviving killer.
(b) How to find the last two Ngo brothers.
(c) Where the youngest Ngo sister is hidden.
(d) How to find Truong toc's brother's killer.
6. Why does Paul love Molly?
(a) She is not part of his past.
(b) She allows him the space he needs.
(c) She accepts him for himself.
(d) She is funny and charming.
7. What does a phone call confirm?
(a) Christopher's father is stable after a heart attack.
(b) That the election has been declared.
(c) Christopher's daughter is stable after an car accident.
(d) The deaths of the Ngos.
8. Who is Molly?
(a) Paul's sister.
(b) Paul's girlfriend.
(c) An agent who works with Paul.
(d) Paul's ex-wife.
9. What does Paul suggest to Truong toc about the young woman he first met at the garden door?
(a) To be kept from answering the garden door.
(b) To hide her contempt.
(c) To show more respect to an older male.
(d) To learn better English.
10. What do the Ngos need?
(a) An American gunman.
(b) A way to escape.
(c) A secret liaision in Washington.
(d) A large sum of money.
11. Where does Paul Christopher board a plane?
12. What convinces Paul he loves his girlfriend?
(a) Three days without her and it is hell.
(b) That he feels good despite his agony about JFK.
(c) That he calls her several times a day.
(d) Three days in Siena with her.
13. What does Foley send to Vietnam with Peggy McKinney's brother?
(a) A request for Paul to be reassigned.
(b) A letter to Wolkowicz.
(c) A letter to Webster.
(d) A request for Paul to be fired.
14. What do Paul and Luong discuss?
(a) The Zodiac.
(b) Lucky numbers.
(c) The IChing.
(d) The path of least resistance.
15. What does David Patchen say Foley wants?
(a) Paul fired.
(b) Paul transferred.
(c) Paul killed.
(d) Paul promoted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Back in Paris, what does Christopher read?
2. How is the President of the United States at the time of this chapter described in Paul's conversation with Cremona?
3. Where does Paul recommend Luong's brother search for Luong's killer?
4. What becomes Paul's alias?
5. What happens to Paul's car?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)