|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul not want to talk about?
(a) His poetry and his real life.
(b) His feelings.
(c) His work.
(d) His childhood.
2. What changes the young woman's rudeness to Paul at a garden door?
(a) Her older brother yelling at her.
(b) A piece of paper Paul hands her.
(c) Her father yelling at her.
(d) Recognizing Paul whom she has dated.
3. What have people advised Luong when he asks about Lê Thu?
(a) To follow the opium money.
(b) To look for an open lotus.
(c) To get a hold of one of the surviving Ngos.
(d) To forget the name.
4. Where does Paul plan to travel?
(c) Léopoldville and Saigon.
5. What does Paul bring to the Truong toc's?
(a) Valuable information.
(b) Some incriminating photographs.
(c) A letter of introduction.
(d) A bribe.
6. What is mentioned as part of the French culture at the time?
(b) Indifference to the United States.
(c) Indifference to the plight of the Vietnamese.
7. What does Paul realize may happen to him?
(a) He may be fired.
(b) He may be arrested on trumped-up charges.
(c) He may die trying to learn the truth.
(d) He may lose his girlfriend.
8. Why do Paul and David meet at the Statler Hotel?
(a) That is where Paul is staying.
(b) They like the lunch buffet.
(c) They know the security manager.
(d) They fear eavesdropping.
9. How do the Websters respond to Paul's resignation?
(b) With sorrow, information and money.
(d) They think Paul is wise to resign.
10. What photographs does Luong supply to Christopher?
(a) Pictures of his girlfriend paying off a blackmailer.
(b) Pictures of Do Minh Kah and a mystery woman.
(c) Pictures of the CIA assassinating the head of a Cambodian gangster in San Francisco.
(d) Pictures of his wife cheating.
11. What does Kim say will open doors?
(a) Kim's name.
(b) Pretended sympathy to the communist cause.
(c) The name Lê Thu.
12. About what did both Christopher's ex-wife, Cathy, and his girlfriend both obsess?
(a) Christopher's poetry.
(b) Their jewelry.
(c) If Christopher is having an affair.
(d) The number of parties they attend each month.
13. What is Luong renamed in death?
14. What do the Ngos need?
(a) A secret liaision in Washington.
(b) A way to escape.
(c) A large sum of money.
(d) An American gunman.
15. Who is Paul's contact in the administration?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Foley believe about Paul and David?
2. Where does Paul Christopher board a plane?
3. What does Kim explain to Paul?
4. What does Paul need to investigate the JFK assassination?
5. When do David and Paul meet?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)