|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Tom Webster?
(a) A FBI agent.
(b) Christopher's case officer.
(c) A Secret Service agent.
(d) Christopher's contact in Iceland.
2. What does David say about the "outfit" as regards the Ngo men?
(a) The outfit orders the murders but Vietnamese agents do the killings.
(b) The outfit had to kill them to protect their agents in Vietnam.
(c) The outfit wanted to kill them, but someone beat them to it.
(d) The outfit has nothing to do with their murders.
3. Who can predict and use others' mistakes?
(a) Only Paul.
(b) Neither Paul nor David are good at that.
(c) Only David.
(d) Both Paul and David.
4. How does Foley label Paul's hypothesis?
(a) Insane, illogical, and grotesque.
5. About what did both Christopher's ex-wife, Cathy, and his girlfriend both obsess?
(a) If Christopher is having an affair.
(b) The number of parties they attend each month.
(c) Their jewelry.
(d) Christopher's poetry.
6. What does Wolkowicz want in exchange for keeping Paul out of Vietnamese jails?
(a) The full story.
(b) A hundred thousand U.S. dollars.
(c) The right to call Paul back into service.
(d) A lead on the Truong toc.
7. Why does Paul rush to the United States?
(a) His mother is dying.
(b) He suddenly understands something Kim says while they are talking in Rome.
(c) His father is dying.
(d) He is told to return by Tom.
8. What does a courier deliver to the dinner party?
(a) News of a coup d'etat in Saigon.
(b) An announcement of the Presidential election results in the U.S.
(c) A telegram from Christopher's ex-wife about their daughter.
(d) A telegram about Christopher's father.
9. What is Molly's nationality?
(c) New Zealander.
10. Who is Paul's contact in the administration?
11. What does the Truong toc deny?
(a) A vendetta against Luong.
(b) A plot to kill JFK.
(c) Access to information Paul desires.
(d) A vendetta agains Ngo Diem.
12. Who does Paul pretend to be when visiting Woldowicz?
(a) A reporter doing a story on the Ngos.
(b) An agent for the USSR.
(c) An investor interested in the Asian tea market.
(d) An investor intrested in the opium trade.
13. What photographs does Luong supply to Christopher?
(a) Pictures of the CIA assassinating the head of a Cambodian gangster in San Francisco.
(b) Pictures of Do Minh Kah and a mystery woman.
(c) Pictures of his girlfriend paying off a blackmailer.
(d) Pictures of his wife cheating.
14. Who does Phuoc recommend Paul seek?
(a) One of his own kind.
(b) The wife of Ngo Diem.
(c) The killer of Luong.
(d) Yu Lung.
15. Back in Paris, what does Christopher read?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The hot report.
(c) A comic book.
(d) The Wall Street Journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Ngos need?
2. How do the Websters respond to Paul's resignation?
3. Where is the safe house in Washington, D.C.?
4. With what does Webster have difficulty?
5. What do the Soviets want to do about Oswald?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)