|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is David disqualified from field work?
(a) His father supervises field workers.
(b) His father is a Russian citizen.
(c) His facial paralysis and limp.
(d) He is unwilling to carry a weapon.
2. What does David say about the "outfit" as regards the Ngo men?
(a) The outfit wanted to kill them, but someone beat them to it.
(b) The outfit orders the murders but Vietnamese agents do the killings.
(c) The outfit has nothing to do with their murders.
(d) The outfit had to kill them to protect their agents in Vietnam.
3. What does Foley send to Vietnam with Peggy McKinney's brother?
(a) A request for Paul to be fired.
(b) A letter to Wolkowicz.
(c) A request for Paul to be reassigned.
(d) A letter to Webster.
4. Where does Paul drive his rented Peugeot?
5. Who does Christopher pay off?
(a) A Russian agent.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His ex-wife.
6. What changes the young woman's rudeness to Paul at a garden door?
(a) Her father yelling at her.
(b) Recognizing Paul whom she has dated.
(c) Her older brother yelling at her.
(d) A piece of paper Paul hands her.
7. How does Christopher feel about Paris?
(a) He no longer loves it.
(b) He loves it and would live there for the rest of his love.
(c) He has no opinion about it.
(d) He thinks it is overrated as a vacation spot.
8. What does Paul suddenly understand at the opening of Chapter 3?
(a) Why JFK is assassinated.
(b) Why his girlfriend will not marry him.
(c) Why Ngo Diem hates Buddhists.
(d) Why his wife leaves him.
9. Where does Paul recommend Luong's brother search for Luong's killer?
(c) He does not know.
10. What does Paul realize may happen to him?
(a) He may die trying to learn the truth.
(b) He may lose his girlfriend.
(c) He may be fired.
(d) He may be arrested on trumped-up charges.
11. What does David's letter quote?
(a) One of the Ngo brothers.
(b) Two lines of one of Paul's poems.
(c) A line from The Wasteland.
(d) The raven.
12. What is Truong toc's response to Ho's recommendation that they kill Paul?
(a) The Truong toc declares him harmless.
(b) The Truong toc says Paul is more dangerous as a dead martyr.
(c) The Truong toc says enough bloodshed has gone on.
(d) The Truong toc will consider it.
13. What man does Paul quote when talking to Truong toc?
(a) Ngo Tan Khoi.
(b) Ngo Diem.
14. What does Paul find when he reaches Saigon?
(a) A doll with blood all over it on his bed at his motel.
(b) A note from Wolkowicz.
(c) Signs that the Ngos bodyguards have rifled his hotel room.
(d) Luong's dead body.
15. What photographs does Luong supply to Christopher?
(a) Pictures of the CIA assassinating the head of a Cambodian gangster in San Francisco.
(b) Pictures of his wife cheating.
(c) Pictures of his girlfriend paying off a blackmailer.
(d) Pictures of Do Minh Kah and a mystery woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do David and Paul meet?
2. According to the conversation between the two men, why will the U.S. Marines have to come to the rescue?
3. Who is Paul's contact in the administration?
4. Who is in Mexico City at the same time as Oswald on 27-30 September?
5. Who is Wolkowicz?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)