|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the President of the United States at the time of this chapter described in Paul's conversation with Cremona?
(a) As a sycophant.
(b) As a patsy.
(c) As a cypher.
(d) As a man of action.
2. What is fine and poetic in a rare idiom?
(a) The strips from Yu.
(b) Paul's poetry.
(c) Some poetry Paul finds while in Milan.
(d) The letters from the Turong toc.
3. Why does Paul rush to the United States?
(a) He suddenly understands something Kim says while they are talking in Rome.
(b) His mother is dying.
(c) His father is dying.
(d) He is told to return by Tom.
4. Who does Phuoc recommend Paul seek?
(a) The wife of Ngo Diem.
(b) The killer of Luong.
(c) One of his own kind.
(d) Yu Lung.
5. What does Wolkowicz think Christopher is doing with Luong?
(a) Coddling him.
(b) Not getting enough information for the money Luong is being paid.
(c) Giving him money to leave the country.
(d) Feeding him false hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paul pretend to be when visiting Woldowicz?
2. What does Paul see that he pieces together?
3. What does Paul not want to talk about?
4. What is the disposition of three of the four men?
5. Where does the caller with the accent want to meet?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)