|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secretes digestive acids that want to dissolve Castaneda?
(a) A snake.
(b) A lizard.
(d) Sea kelp.
2. Matus dares Castaneda to meet __________ by having him perform a particular test.
(b) His crow.
(c) The Spirits.
(d) The lizards.
3. What does Diablero mean, as Matus defines it in the course of the story?
(a) Dog ally.
(b) Plant guide.
(c) Shape shifter.
(d) Medicine man.
4. What is for those who 'watch and see?'
5. Matus says that since _______ tests Castaneda all the time, it is only fair to test her again too.
(a) Devil's Weed.
(c) La Catalina.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ is used to acquire wisdom and to learn how to live right.
2. What does Castaneda receive in order to mash and to soak it overnight?
3. Visions must be ___________ to rather than viewed, says Matus laughing at Castaneda's experience.
4. What is Castaneda warned not to do when they are down by the creek?
5. What kind of song does Mescalito teach to Castaneda on the third night?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)