|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Castaneda gain from not being able to study with Matus for longer period of time?
(a) Time to heal.
(b) The ability to work.
(c) Scientific detachment.
(d) Family time.
2. What is repulsing and frightening to him in one of the places he has marked?
(a) A sound.
(b) A dead rat.
(c) A force.
(d) A dead spider.
3. How has Castaneda has kept track of his experiences with Matus?
(a) Audio tapes.
(b) Video tapes.
(c) Phone calls to home.
(d) Field notes.
4. What is NOT one of the plants that Matus and Castaneda use within this text?
(d) Jimson Weed.
5. Who is Castaneda meant to meet face to face as a result of this test?
(a) The Beauty.
(c) The Allies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Castaneda studying at the University of California, Los Angeles?
2. What is the other name Matus uses for 'teacher' in the story?
3. Jimson Weed and Mushrooms are used to acquire __________.
4. What does he use for the spot where the porch turns from chartreuse to other colors?
5. What does Diablero mean, as Matus defines it in the course of the story?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)