|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Castaneda fall asleep by when he begins to sense the energies of the porch?
2. What is the name of Castaneda's teacher for the duration of the book?
(a) Don Juan Martinez.
(b) Don Juan Luis.
(c) Don Juan Carlos.
(d) Don Juan Matus.
3. Where does Carlos Castaneda first meet his teacher for the story?
(a) Convenience mart.
(c) Border bus stop.
(d) Drum circle.
4. What is the name of the spot that makes Castaneda feel frightened?
(a) The enemy.
(c) The Wrong Place.
5. Anything can be a ______________, these are childish toys that are needed only when one lacks an ally.
(a) Power object.
(c) Shamanic journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matus says he has chosen Castaneda for a long and ____________ apprenticeship.
2. What does Castaneda gain from not being able to study with Matus for longer period of time?
3. What does Castaneda think Matus is doing to him after the test?
4. This chapter begins on Friday, June 23, 1961 after a year of sidestepping the topic of ____________.
5. What is the year that Matus says he was born in?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)