|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Castaneda has kept track of his experiences with Matus?
(a) Phone calls to home.
(b) Field notes.
(c) Audio tapes.
(d) Video tapes.
2. These drug experiences help Castaneda learn more about states of ______________.
(a) Non-ordinary reality.
(b) Drug use.
(d) Brain function.
3. What is the name of Castaneda's teacher for the duration of the book?
(a) Don Juan Carlos.
(b) Don Juan Matus.
(c) Don Juan Martinez.
(d) Don Juan Luis.
4. What is repulsing and frightening to him in one of the places he has marked?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) A force.
(c) A sound.
(d) A dead spider.
5. When Castaneda organizes his observations of the work he's done, what does he hope to show?
(a) Utter madness.
(b) Internal cohesion.
(c) Lack of proof of plant power.
(d) Matus' life
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the plants that Matus and Castaneda use within this text?
2. What is the other name Matus uses for 'teacher' in the story?
3. What color does Castaneda see after he takes the advice of Matus?
4. What is Castaneda studying at the University of California, Los Angeles?
5. What does he put on the place to mark the spot where his vision changes?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)