|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Curtis in Act IV, Scene I, Petruchio lectures Katharina on what in their bridal chamber?
(b) Her education
(d) Her father
2. What does the Haberdasher bring in for Petruchio to view in Act IV, Scene III?
(a) A hat
(c) A purse
3. Grumio tells Petruchio in Act IV, Scene I that there “was no link to color” whose hat?
4. The Pedant worries in Act IV, Scene IV that Baptista will recognize him because twenty years ago they were lodgers at what establishment in Genoa?
(a) The Black Bear
(b) The Pegasus
(c) The Phoenix
(d) The Elephant
5. Gremio says of Petruchio in Act III, Scene II, “he took the bride about the neck / And kiss'd her lips with such a clamorous smack / That at the parting all the church did” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Petruchio and Katharina exit in Act III, Scene II, Baptista says, “Nay, let them go, a couple of” what?
2. What does Grumio say “have eaten the horses” in Act III, Scene II?
3. Upon entering in Act III, Scene II, Petruchio remarks of Katharina, “To me she's married, not unto my” what?
4. Whose coat does Grumio tell Petruchio was not fully made in Act IV, Scene I?
5. The following lines of Hortensio’s in Act III, Scene I are an example of what literary technique? “How fiery and forward our Pedant is! / Now, for my life, the knave doth court my love: / Pedascule, I'll watch you better yet.”
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Petruchio and Katharina argue about during their travels in Act IV, Scene V?
2. How does Tranio convince the Pedant to agree to his disguise in Act IV, Scene IV?
3. How does Baptista respond to Petruchio’s appearance in Act III, Scene II? Why?
4. Where do Petruchio and Katharina arrive in Act IV, Scene I? How is Petruchio’s behavior characterized?
5. What does Gremio reveal of the wedding in Act III, Scene II?
6. How does Petruchio appear when he arrives at the wedding in Act III, Scene II? Why?
7. How does Lucentio go about revealing his identity in Act III, Scene I? How does Bianca respond?
8. How does Katharina respond to Petruchio’s delay at the wedding in Act III, Scene II?
9. What schemes do Tranio and Lucentio reveal in Act III, Scene II?
10. What happens when the Haberdasher and Tailor arrive at Petruchio’s house in Act IV, Scene III?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)