|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Petruchio tells Katharina in Act III, Scene II, “Fear not, sweet wench, they shall not touch thee, Kate: / I'll buckler thee against” what?
(a) A knave
(b) A hundred
(c) A million
(d) A thousand
2. What is the setting for Act IV, Scene III?
(a) Before Baptista’s house
(b) A room in Petruchio’s house
(c) Lucentio’s house
(d) A room in Baptista’s house
3. Whom does Baptista tell to take the bridegroom’s place at the dinner table at the end of Act III?
4. Biondello tells Lucentio that the old priest from what church is at his command at all hours in Act IV, Scene IV?
(a) Saint Michael’s Church
(b) Saint Peter’s Church
(c) Saint Luke’s Church
(d) Saint Paul’s Church
5. What does Curtis call Grumio in Act IV Scene I?
(a) Valorous rogue
(b) Pox on humanity
(c) Toad-liver’d lout
(d) Three-inch fool
6. What is the setting of Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Petruchio’s country house
(b) A room in Baptista’s house
(c) Before Baptista’s house
(d) Lucentio’s house
7. Upon entering in Act III, Scene II, Petruchio remarks of Katharina, “To me she's married, not unto my” what?
8. Katharina claims she is giddy for lack of what in Act IV, Scene III?
9. What term from Act III, Scene II refers to an ecclesiastic representing the pope or a bishop?
10. What word from Act IV, Scene I refers to wrath or irritability?
11. After Petruchio and Katharina exit in Act III, Scene II, Baptista says, “Nay, let them go, a couple of” what?
(a) Dainty souls
(b) Quarrelsome souls
(c) Quiet ones
(d) Mad ones
12. Whom is the Pedant disguised as in Act IV Scene IV?
13. What does Grumio say “have eaten the horses” in Act III, Scene II?
(a) Thine goats
(b) The mulberry
(c) The oats
(d) The masters
14. Whose “dagger was not come from sheathing” according to Grumio in Act IV, Scene I?
15. What word from Act III, Scene II refers to a movable article of personal property?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Tailor bring in for Petruchio to view in Act IV, Scene III?
2. What city does the Pedant say is “renowned for grave citizens” in Act IV, Scene II?
3. In one of Petruchio’s famous lines in Act IV, Scene I, he states, “This is a way to kill a wife with” what?
4. According to Curtis in Act IV, Scene I, Petruchio lectures Katharina on what in their bridal chamber?
5. A Servant enters and bids Bianca to help dress what room in the end of Act III, Scene I?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)