|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hortensio claims that he will marry a wealthy widow before how many days pass in Act IV, Scene II?
2. Petruchio tells Katharina in Act III, Scene II, “Fear not, sweet wench, they shall not touch thee, Kate: / I'll buckler thee against” what?
(a) A hundred
(b) A million
(c) A knave
(d) A thousand
3. According to Curtis in Act IV, Scene I, Petruchio lectures Katharina on what in their bridal chamber?
(a) Her education
(c) Her father
4. What does the Haberdasher bring in for Petruchio to view in Act IV, Scene III?
(a) A hat
(d) A purse
5. What does Curtis call Grumio in Act IV Scene I?
(a) Three-inch fool
(b) Toad-liver’d lout
(c) Valorous rogue
(d) Pox on humanity
6. What is brought in by the Servants for Petruchio and Katharina’s dinner in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Onion soup
(b) Leg of lamb
(d) Filet mignon
7. What cousin does Petruchio tell the Servants to bring to the dinner table in Act IV, Scene I?
8. Katharina states in Act III, Scene II, “I must, forsooth, be forced / To give my hand opposed against my heart / Unto a mad-brain rudesby full of” what?
9. What kind of bracelets does Petruchio describe in Act IV, Scene III?
10. Who speaks the following line in Act III, Scene II: “Ay, marry, sir, now it begins to work”?
11. What is the setting for Act IV, Scene IV?
(a) Hortensio’s house
(b) Before an alehouse
(c) A room in Lucentio’s house
(d) Before Baptista’s house
12. Grumio tells Petruchio in Act IV, Scene I that there “was no link to color” whose hat?
13. Where does the Pedant claim to be from in Act IV, Scene II?
14. The Pedant tells Baptista that he has come to Padua for what reason in Act IV Scene IV?
(a) To attend his son’s marriage
(b) To gather some debts
(c) To visit his grandmother
(d) To attend his daughter’s marriage
15. What does the Latin word “regia,” used by Bianca in Act III, Scene I, translate to in English?
(a) Love not
(c) Presume not
(d) I care not
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grumio say “have eaten the horses” in Act III, Scene II?
2. Who does Tranio claim is the master of “the taming-school” in Act IV, Scene II?
3. A Servant enters and bids Bianca to help dress what room in the end of Act III, Scene I?
4. What term from Act III, Scene II refers to an ecclesiastic representing the pope or a bishop?
5. What does the Tailor bring in for Petruchio to view in Act IV, Scene III?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)