|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bracelets does Petruchio describe in Act IV, Scene III?
2. Where does the Pedant claim to be from in Act IV, Scene II?
3. What cousin does Petruchio tell the Servants to bring to the dinner table in Act IV, Scene I?
4. What does the Haberdasher bring in for Petruchio to view in Act IV, Scene III?
(a) A hat
(d) A purse
5. Who does Tranio claim is the master of “the taming-school” in Act IV, Scene II?
6. Petruchio complains that the meat for dinner is what in Act IV, Scene I?
(d) Too cold
7. The Pedant tells Baptista that he has come to Padua for what reason in Act IV Scene IV?
(a) To attend his daughter’s marriage
(b) To visit his grandmother
(c) To gather some debts
(d) To attend his son’s marriage
8. What does Baptista claim have ears in Act IV, Scene IV?
9. Who says of Petruchio and Katharina in Act III, Scene II, “Of all mad matches never was the like”?
10. Petruchio uses what adjective meaning “pretty” to describe his bride in Act III, Scene II?
11. What did Petruchio throw “all in the sexton’s face” at the wedding, according to Gremio in Act III, Scene II?
12. According to Curtis in Act IV, Scene I, Petruchio lectures Katharina on what in their bridal chamber?
(a) Her father
(c) Her education
13. What is the setting for Act III, Scene II?
(a) Lucentio’s house
(b) A street in Padua
(c) Petruchio’s country house
(d) Before Baptista’s house
14. What does Katharina say a woman may be made “if she had not a spirit to resist” in Act III, Scene II?
(a) A wife
(b) A fool
(c) A monster
(d) A child
15. What does Grumio say “have eaten the horses” in Act III, Scene II?
(a) Thine goats
(b) The mulberry
(c) The oats
(d) The masters
Short Answer Questions
1. When Petruchio and company enter after the wedding in Act III, Scene II, Petruchio claims that he must leave before when?
2. Katharina says in Act IV, Scene III, “The more my wrong, the more his spite appears: / What, did he marry me to” what?
3. What does Petruchio claim “now is sharp and passing empty” in Act IV, Scene I?
4. Whom does Baptista tell to take the bridegroom’s place at the dinner table at the end of Act III?
5. Gremio says of Petruchio in Act III, Scene II, “he took the bride about the neck / And kiss'd her lips with such a clamorous smack / That at the parting all the church did” what?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)