|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lord claims he would not lose his hunting hound for how much money in Scene I of the Induction?
(a) 50 pounds
(c) 100 pounds
(d) 20 pounds
2. For how many years do the Servants tell Christopher Sly he has been living in a dream in Scene II of the Induction?
3. What word from Act II, Scene I means leaving no opportunity for denial or refusal?
4. What is the name of the Lord’s page in the Induction?
5. What does the First Servant offer to Christopher Sly after he awakens in the Lord’s bedchamber in Scene II of the Induction?
(a) A mimosa
(b) A glass of champagne
(c) A cup of sack
(d) A glass of mead
6. Who is the “the fat ale-wife of Wincot” that Christopher Sly mentions in Scene II of the Induction?
(d) Marian Hacket
7. When Hortensio reenters in Act II, Scene I, what is described about his body as being “broke”?
(a) His leg
(b) His head
(c) His wrist
(d) His arm
8. Petruchio states of Katharina in Act II, Scene I, “If she be curst, it is for policy, / For she's not froward, but modest as” what?
(a) The dove
(b) The stream
(c) The sea
(d) The rose
9. What wife of Socrates does Petruchio mention in Act I, Scene II?
10. What gift does Tranio (in disguise) bestow upon Baptista in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Greek and Latin books
(b) A ring
(c) His coat of arms
(d) A wooden serving tray
11. Speaking of Katharina, Hortensio says in Act II, Scene I, “Iron may hold with her, but never” what?
(c) Written words
(d) Piano keys
12. What word does Katharina use in Act II, Scene I meaning a conceited, foolish dandy?
13. Whom does Lucentio tell that he has killed a man and is taking on a disguise to protect himself in Act I, Scene I?
14. How many “vile terms” does Hortensio say Katharina called him in Act II, Scene I?
15. When discussing Katharina’s dowry in Act II, Scene I, Baptista states that he who weds his daughter will receive upon his death half of all his land and how many crowns?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument do the Players sound in Scene I of the Induction?
2. Petruchio introduces Hortensio, disguised as a schoolmaster, and tells Baptista that he is from where in Act II, Scene I?
3. What hound does the First Huntsman claim “twice to-day pick’d out the dullest scent” and is the better dog in Scene I of the Induction?
4. From where is Lucentio traveling in Act I, Scene I?
5. What does Petruchio’s line “Con tutto il cuore, ben trovato” translate to in English?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)