|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tranio (in disguise) claims to be from where in Act II, Scene I?
2. What is Katharina’s response to Petruchio’s line, “Nay, come, Kate, come; you must not look so sour”?
(a) Sour as to lemons, wouldst thou have some
(b) It is my fashion, when I see a crab
(c) Dost thou find me sour? I’ll quench thy thirst
(d) Call me Katharina, fool, or thine eyes will shine
3. The Lord’s page tells Christopher Sly that the play he is about to watch is a kind of what in Scene II of the Induction?
(b) Morality play
4. Katharina tells her father in Act II, Scene I, “You have show'd a tender fatherly regard, / To wish me wed to one” what?
(a) Foolish knave
(c) Fair gentleman
(d) Half lunatic
5. Petruchio tells Baptista that he and Katharina will wed on which day in Act II, Scene I?
6. When Christopher Sly awakens in the Lord’s bedchamber in Scene II of the Induction, what does he request a pot of from the servants?
7. To whom is Lucentio speaking in the opening of Act I, Scene I?
(c) The Hostess
8. In Act II, Scene I, what does Petruchio say “are for winds, / That shake not, though they blow perpetually”?
9. Gremio claims that his scholar in Act II, Scene I “hath been long studying” where?
10. Katharina says in Act II, Scene I, “If I be waspish, best beware” what?
(a) Mine eyes
(b) My face
(c) My words
(d) My sting
11. What is the name of Petruchio’s recently deceased father in the play?
(c) Lord Oberly
12. What is Lucentio’s destination when he stops for a brief visit in Act I, Scene I?
13. What word from the stage directions in Scene II of the Induction refers to instruments or accessories?
14. The Lord orders his page to disguise himself as what in the play’s Induction?
(a) A lady
(b) A merchant
(c) A knight
(d) A priest
15. By what name does Petruchio introduce Hortensio (in disguise) in Act II?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Scene I of the Induction refers to a service room in which barrels or bottles of alcoholic drink were stored?
2. For how many years do the Servants tell Christopher Sly he has been living in a dream in Scene II of the Induction?
3. How many “vile terms” does Hortensio say Katharina called him in Act II, Scene I?
4. From where is Lucentio traveling in Act I, Scene I?
5. What is Katharina’s response when Petruchio asks her in Act II, Scene I, “Why, what’s a moveable?”
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)