|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act II, Scene I, what does Petruchio say “are for winds, / That shake not, though they blow perpetually”?
2. When discussing Katharina’s dowry in Act II, Scene I, Baptista states that he who weds his daughter will receive upon his death half of all his land and how many crowns?
3. What is Lucentio’s destination when he stops for a brief visit in Act I, Scene I?
4. What instrument do the Players sound in Scene I of the Induction?
(a) A piano
(b) A snare drum
(c) A trumpet
(d) A lute
5. Where does Christopher Sly claim to hail from in Scene II of the Induction?
Short Answer Questions
1. Act I, Scene II takes place before whose house?
2. Who does Tranio claim is the master of “the taming-school” in Act IV, Scene II?
3. For how many years do the Servants tell Christopher Sly he has been living in a dream in Scene II of the Induction?
4. What does Petruchio claim “now is sharp and passing empty” in Act IV, Scene I?
5. What does the Tailor bring in for Petruchio to view in Act IV, Scene III?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)