|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lord orders his page to disguise himself as what in the play’s Induction?
(a) A knight
(b) A lady
(c) A priest
(d) A merchant
2. What word from the stage directions in Scene II of the Induction refers to instruments or accessories?
3. Who does Tranio (in disguise) claim is his father in Act II, Scene I?
4. For how many years do the Servants tell Christopher Sly he has been living in a dream in Scene II of the Induction?
5. What is the setting for Act II?
(a) A room in Baptista’s house
(b) Before Lucentia’s house
(c) Petruchio’s country house
(d) A bedchamber in the Lord's house
Short Answer Questions
1. Speaking in soliloquy, Petruchio states in Act II, Scene I, “Say she be mute and will not speak a word; / Then I'll commend her” what?
2. What word from Act II, Scene I means leaving no opportunity for denial or refusal?
3. What is the name of Petruchio’s recently deceased father in the play?
4. Gremio claims that his scholar in Act II, Scene I “hath been long studying” where?
5. What does Petruchio’s line “Con tutto il cuore, ben trovato” translate to in English?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)