|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name does Gremio introduce Lucentio (in disguise) in Act II, Scene I?
2. Whom does Lucentio tell that he has killed a man and is taking on a disguise to protect himself in Act I, Scene I?
3. What word does Katharina use in Act II, Scene I meaning a conceited, foolish dandy?
4. Act I, Scene I of The Taming of the Shrew is set in a public place in what city?
5. What is the setting for Act II?
(a) Before Lucentia’s house
(b) A room in Baptista’s house
(c) Petruchio’s country house
(d) A bedchamber in the Lord's house
Short Answer Questions
1. The setting of Scene I of the Induction takes place where?
2. For how many years do the Servants tell Christopher Sly he has been living in a dream in Scene II of the Induction?
3. When Baptista asks Hortensio if his daughter will prove a good musician in Act II, Scene I, Hortensio replies that “she’ll sooner prove” what?
4. Bianca begs Katharina to unbind what in Act II, Scene I?
5. Tranio (in disguise) claims to be from where in Act II, Scene I?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)