|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katharina says in Act II, Scene I, “If I be waspish, best beware” what?
(a) My words
(b) Mine eyes
(c) My sting
(d) My face
2. What is Katharina’s response to Petruchio’s line, “Nay, come, Kate, come; you must not look so sour”?
(a) Dost thou find me sour? I’ll quench thy thirst
(b) Sour as to lemons, wouldst thou have some
(c) Call me Katharina, fool, or thine eyes will shine
(d) It is my fashion, when I see a crab
3. What is the name of the Lord’s page in the Induction?
4. When discussing Katharina’s dowry in Act II, Scene I, Baptista states that he who weds his daughter will receive upon his death half of all his land and how many crowns?
5. Whom does Lucentio tell that he has killed a man and is taking on a disguise to protect himself in Act I, Scene I?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christopher Sly claim to hail from in Scene II of the Induction?
2. What is Baptista’s last name in the play?
3. Petruchio introduces Hortensio, disguised as a schoolmaster, and tells Baptista that he is from where in Act II, Scene I?
4. Who is the “the fat ale-wife of Wincot” that Christopher Sly mentions in Scene II of the Induction?
5. Petruchio states in Act II, Scene I, “And where two raging fires meet together, / They do consume the thing that feeds” what?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)