|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting for Act II?
(a) Petruchio’s country house
(b) A room in Baptista’s house
(c) Before Lucentia’s house
(d) A bedchamber in the Lord's house
2. Tranio (in disguise) claims to be from where in Act II, Scene I?
3. The Lord claims he would not lose his hunting hound for how much money in Scene I of the Induction?
(a) 20 pounds
(c) 100 pounds
(d) 50 pounds
4. What does Lucentio decide to disguise himself as in order to be close to Bianca in Act I, Scene I?
(a) A priest
(b) A musician
(c) A gentlewoman
(d) A schoolmaster
5. Bianca begs Katharina to unbind what in Act II, Scene I?
(a) Her dog
(b) Her hands
(c) Her legs
(d) Her cat
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Baptista invite his guests to take a walk before dinner in Act II, Scene I?
2. In Act II, Scene I, what does Petruchio say “are for winds, / That shake not, though they blow perpetually”?
3. What does the Hostess demand that Christopher Sly pay for after having broken them in Scene I of the Induction?
4. When Hortensio reenters in Act II, Scene I, what is described about his body as being “broke”?
5. When Christopher Sly awakens in the Lord’s bedchamber in Scene II of the Induction, what does he request a pot of from the servants?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)