|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says of Petruchio and Katharina in Act III, Scene II, “Of all mad matches never was the like”?
2. What word does Katharina use in Act II, Scene I meaning a conceited, foolish dandy?
3. The Lord claims he would not lose his hunting hound for how much money in Scene I of the Induction?
(a) 100 pounds
(c) 20 pounds
(d) 50 pounds
4. Act I, Scene II takes place before whose house?
5. What is the name of Baptista’s eldest daughter in the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument do the Players sound in Scene I of the Induction?
2. What does the Latin word “regia,” used by Bianca in Act III, Scene I, translate to in English?
3. After Petruchio and Katharina exit in Act III, Scene II, Baptista says, “Nay, let them go, a couple of” what?
4. What is the name of Baptista’s youngest daughter in the play?
5. How many “vile terms” does Hortensio say Katharina called him in Act II, Scene I?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)