|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tranio (in disguise) claims to be from where in Act II, Scene I?
2. When Baptista asks Hortensio if his daughter will prove a good musician in Act II, Scene I, Hortensio replies that “she’ll sooner prove” what?
(a) A gentleman
(b) A soldier
(c) A nun
(d) A rogue
3. What is Lucentio’s destination when he stops for a brief visit in Act I, Scene I?
4. What is the setting for Act II?
(a) A bedchamber in the Lord's house
(b) A room in Baptista’s house
(c) Petruchio’s country house
(d) Before Lucentia’s house
5. Katharina tells Petruchio in Act III, Scene II, “You may be jogging whiles your boots are” what?
(d) Broken in
Short Answer Questions
1. Who exits with Petruchio and Katharina in Act III, Scene II?
2. Katharina states in Act III, Scene II, “I must, forsooth, be forced / To give my hand opposed against my heart / Unto a mad-brain rudesby full of” what?
3. In Act II, Scene I, Petruchio says of Katharina, “She is not hot, but temperate as” what?
4. What is the name of the Lord’s page in the Induction?
5. What word does Petruchio speak in Act III, Scene II meaning to engage in drunken revel?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)