|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Katharina says in Act II, Scene I, “If I be waspish, best beware” what?
(a) Mine eyes
(b) My words
(c) My sting
(d) My face
2. What is the setting for Act III, Scene I?
(a) Baptista’s house
(b) Before Hortensio’s house
(c) Before Lucentio’s house
(d) Before an alehouse
3. What does Katharina claim “are made to bear, and so are you” in Act II, Scene I?
4. The following lines of Hortensio’s in Act III, Scene I are an example of what literary technique? “How fiery and forward our Pedant is! / Now, for my life, the knave doth court my love: / Pedascule, I'll watch you better yet.”
5. Petruchio states in Act II, Scene I, “And where two raging fires meet together, / They do consume the thing that feeds” what?
(a) Their glory
(b) Their love
(c) Their fury
(d) Their fate
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose “dagger was not come from sheathing” according to Grumio in Act IV, Scene I?
2. Petruchio states of Katharina in Act II, Scene I, “If she be curst, it is for policy, / For she's not froward, but modest as” what?
3. What does Curtis call Grumio in Act IV Scene I?
4. Petruchio tells Baptista that he and Katharina will wed on which day in Act II, Scene I?
5. Grumio tells Petruchio in Act IV, Scene I that there “was no link to color” whose hat?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)