|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing Katharina’s dowry in Act II, Scene I, Baptista states that he who weds his daughter will receive upon his death half of all his land and how many crowns?
2. Petruchio complains that the meat for dinner is what in Act IV, Scene I?
(d) Too cold
3. In Act II, Scene I, Petruchio says of Katharina, “She is not hot, but temperate as” what?
(a) The raven
(b) The sea
(c) The dove
(d) The morn
4. When Baptista asks Hortensio if his daughter will prove a good musician in Act II, Scene I, Hortensio replies that “she’ll sooner prove” what?
(a) A nun
(b) A rogue
(c) A gentleman
(d) A soldier
5. Why does Grumio say his master beat him while traveling after the wedding in Act IV, Scene I?
(a) Because Grumio’s horse fell
(b) Because dinner wasn’t ready
(c) Because he was late
(d) Because Katharina’s horse fell
Short Answer Questions
1. Speaking in soliloquy, Petruchio states in Act II, Scene I, “Say she be mute and will not speak a word; / Then I'll commend her” what?
2. Tranio (in disguise) claims to come and make himself suitor to whom in Act II, Scene I?
3. What is Katharina’s response to Petruchio’s line, “Nay, come, Kate, come; you must not look so sour”?
4. What term from Act III, Scene II refers to an ecclesiastic representing the pope or a bishop?
5. What word from Act II, Scene I means leaving no opportunity for denial or refusal?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)