|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mig tell the Princess she really wants?
2. What does the Princess say to Despereaux?
3. What does Mig call the man who bought her?
4. Who is inside the knight's armor in Despereaux's dream?
5. Who does Despereaux find in the Princess's chambers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roscuro tell Mig that changes her life?
2. What happens to Miggery Sow after her mother dies?
3. What other positions does Miggery hold and why don't they work out?
4. What did Miggery see when she was seven years old, and how did it affect her?
5. Why does Mig refuse to chain the Princess up at first for Roscuro when they get to the spot where Roscuro intends to keep her?
6. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
7. What happens when Despereaux wakes the following morning?
8. What is Mig supposed to do with the food she takes down to the dungeon?
9. Why does Roscuro give up?
10. What deal does the Princess make with Roscuro?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who takes an interest in him almost immediately, and why? What does his savior want from him? Why does Despereaux ask to be released? What changes his mind? What is he told about the layout of the dungeon? How does his savior overcome this obstacle?
Essay Topic 2
How does Despereaux get back to the light? What does he overhear on the way? What happens that almost costs him his life? What part of himself does he lose in the process? Where does he hide afterward? How long is he there? What is different about his appearance when he comes out?
Essay Topic 3
What does Despereaux realize when he confronts the Mouse Council? Who asks him for something and what is he asked for? What understanding does Despereaux come to as this request is considered? Where does he go next? What conversation convinces him he must act on his own? Who does he approach for help? What does he need and why? What is he given?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)