|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does 'Uncle' wear to mock her?
2. What does Cook hear in the kitchen?
3. What does Roscuro smell on Despereaux's whiskers?
4. What does Mig drop into the pound cake?
5. Who is the Princess dreaming about when Mig approaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miggery do in the castle?
2. What happens when the soldiers come to Uncle's house?
3. When does Mig dig in and refuse to help?
4. What is Mig supposed to do with the food she takes down to the dungeon?
5. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
6. What does Despereaux find the Cook doing when he manages to roll the thread as far as the kitchen?
7. What happens when Despereaux wakes the following morning?
8. What happens when the cook sees a mouse in the kitchen?
9. What does Miggery tell Gregory that attracts the attention of Roscuro, and why is Roscuro interested?
10. How does Despereaux come to be back in the kitchen with Mig and the cook?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Despereaux considered to be different than other mice when he is born? What inspires his mother to name him Despereaux? What happens to the rest of his litter mates? How does Despereaux's father respond to his birth and why? What makes Despereaux significant in their mouse family?
Essay Topic 2
Who takes an interest in him almost immediately, and why? What does his savior want from him? Why does Despereaux ask to be released? What changes his mind? What is he told about the layout of the dungeon? How does his savior overcome this obstacle?
Essay Topic 3
What changes occur in Mig as a result of her new circumstances? What does she lose as a direct result of her Uncle? What problems arise as a result? How does this affect her directly on a physical level? On an emotional level?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)