|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cook offer Despereaux?
2. What does the cook tell Mig she still must do?
3. What does Mig actually do to Roscuro?
4. What is the Princess suddenly aware of?
5. Who is the Princess dreaming about when Mig approaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
2. What deal does the Princess make with Roscuro?
3. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
4. How does Despereaux come to be back in the kitchen with Mig and the cook?
5. How does Roscuro lose his tail?
6. Why is Miggery not nearly as disturbed by the dungeon as most others are?
7. What do Roscuro and Mig ask the Princess to do before they take her down to the dungeon?
8. What deal does Botticelli make with Despereax when the spool of thread gets away from him on the stairs?
9. What did Miggery see when she was seven years old, and how did it affect her?
10. What happens when Despereaux wakes the following morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who takes an interest in him almost immediately, and why? What does his savior want from him? Why does Despereaux ask to be released? What changes his mind? What is he told about the layout of the dungeon? How does his savior overcome this obstacle?
Essay Topic 2
When is the first time that Chiaroscuro sees light? Why is he shown this light? What happened that caused this incident? How does Chiaroscuro feel afterward? What is the focus of his attention from that point forward and why?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Mig named after? What age is she when her mother dies? What does her father do shortly thereafter? What does he get as a result? Where does Mig find herself afterward? What is her new situation like? What is the biggest challenge that she faces?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)