|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mig drop into the pound cake?
2. What does Roscuro tell Mig about?
3. What dark things are in Pea's heart?
4. What does Louise never do?
5. What is all but gone as a result?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
2. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
3. What deal does Botticelli make with Despereax when the spool of thread gets away from him on the stairs?
4. How does Despereaux come to be back in the kitchen with Mig and the cook?
5. What happens when the cook sees a mouse in the kitchen?
6. How does the Princess recognize who Roscuro is, and what does she do about it?
7. What deal does the Princess make with Roscuro?
8. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
9. Who does Despereaux run into on his way to find the King?
10. What happens when the soldiers come to Uncle's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the Queen lose her life? What is the King's reaction? What two things does he outlaw as a result of the Queen's death and why? Which of these two things is easily outlawed and which is the King forced to simply make illegal instead? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Despereaux considered to be different than other mice when he is born? What inspires his mother to name him Despereaux? What happens to the rest of his litter mates? How does Despereaux's father respond to his birth and why? What makes Despereaux significant in their mouse family?
Essay Topic 3
How does Despereaux cope with being thrown into the dungeon? What does he do to reassure himself? How do his actions save his life? What causes Despereaux to faint for the second time in one day? What is the first thing he sees when he comes to?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)