|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job is Mig given on her first day?
2. What is the threadmaster's name?
3. What does she carry in her hand?
4. What does Mig decide she wants to be someday?
5. What color is the Princess's horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
2. What is the Princess dreaming about when Mig and Roscuro sneak into her room to take her to the dungeon at knife point?
3. What deal does Botticelli make with Despereax when the spool of thread gets away from him on the stairs?
4. What did Miggery see when she was seven years old, and how did it affect her?
5. What happens to Miggery Sow after her mother dies?
6. What does Roscuro tell Mig that changes her life?
7. What does Miggery tell Gregory that attracts the attention of Roscuro, and why is Roscuro interested?
8. What is the cook's response when Despereaux falls out of the napkin and into a measuring cup full of oil?
9. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
10. What happens when the soldiers come to Uncle's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of the thread master? Why is red thread used, and for what? What prevents mice from just removing the thread themselves. Where is the thread attached? What is its' significance? Who else is bound, by what, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What behavior does Despereaux exhibit that is unusual? How do his siblings from former litters attempt to help him? What is the outcome of their help? Why is Despereaux seemingly unable to conform and do what is expected of him? What does he do instead?
Essay Topic 3
What changes occur in Mig as a result of her new circumstances? What does she lose as a direct result of her Uncle? What problems arise as a result? How does this affect her directly on a physical level? On an emotional level?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)