|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the King dreaming as Pea is led down to the dungeon?
2. What does the man who owns Mig tell her that he wishes?
3. What does Despereaux do with the needle?
4. Who does Despereaux find in the Princess's chambers?
5. Why does Roscuro claim to have brought the Princess downstairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Roscuro and Mig ask the Princess to do before they take her down to the dungeon?
2. What does Despereaux find the Cook doing when he manages to roll the thread as far as the kitchen?
3. What does Miggery do in the castle?
4. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
5. What happens when Despereaux wakes the following morning?
6. What happens when the soldiers come to Uncle's house?
7. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
8. What is the Princess dreaming about when Mig and Roscuro sneak into her room to take her to the dungeon at knife point?
9. What happens when the cook sees a mouse in the kitchen?
10. What deal does the Princess make with Roscuro?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where is Mig taken? What positions is she given? Which is first and why is she determined to be unsuitable for it? What positions do they try her in afterward? What happens in each of them? What position is she finally deemed suitable for? How does Mig feel about it and why?
Essay Topic 2
How does Despereaux get back to the light? What does he overhear on the way? What happens that almost costs him his life? What part of himself does he lose in the process? Where does he hide afterward? How long is he there? What is different about his appearance when he comes out?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of the thread master? Why is red thread used, and for what? What prevents mice from just removing the thread themselves. Where is the thread attached? What is its' significance? Who else is bound, by what, and why?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)