|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Boticelli agree to help Despereaux?
2. What does Roscuro tell Mig about?
3. What does Mig have in her left pocket?
4. Why is Mig not supposed to hurt the Princess?
5. When did Miggery Sow's mother die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miggery do in the castle?
2. What does Despereaux see after he grabs hold of Botticelli's tail and is led through the dungeon?
3. What other positions does Miggery hold and why don't they work out?
4. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
5. Why is Miggery not nearly as disturbed by the dungeon as most others are?
6. What does Miggery tell Gregory that attracts the attention of Roscuro, and why is Roscuro interested?
7. What happens when the soldiers come to Uncle's house?
8. What is Mig supposed to do with the food she takes down to the dungeon?
9. When does Mig dig in and refuse to help?
10. Who does Despereaux run into on his way to find the King?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Lester approach the Mouse Council? What is he hoping to accomplish? What is the fate decreed by the Mouse Council for Despereaux. What members of Despereaux's family are only too happy to participate in Despereaux's punishment?
Essay Topic 2
What behavior does Despereaux exhibit that is unusual? How do his siblings from former litters attempt to help him? What is the outcome of their help? Why is Despereaux seemingly unable to conform and do what is expected of him? What does he do instead?
Essay Topic 3
Where is Mig taken? What positions is she given? Which is first and why is she determined to be unsuitable for it? What positions do they try her in afterward? What happens in each of them? What position is she finally deemed suitable for? How does Mig feel about it and why?
This section contains 1,140 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)