|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Roscuro stand when he talks to Pea?
2. What does Mig have in her left pocket?
3. What does Mig call the man who bought her?
4. When Despereaux wakes the next morning, what does he realize he has to do?
5. Why does Boticelli agree to help Despereaux?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miggery tell Gregory that attracts the attention of Roscuro, and why is Roscuro interested?
2. What is the Princess dreaming about when Mig and Roscuro sneak into her room to take her to the dungeon at knife point?
3. What happens when Despereaux wakes the following morning?
4. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
5. What is Mig supposed to do with the food she takes down to the dungeon?
6. What happens when the soldiers come to Uncle's house?
7. Why does Roscuro give up?
8. What other positions does Miggery hold and why don't they work out?
9. What happens when the cook sees a mouse in the kitchen?
10. What does Despereaux find the Cook doing when he manages to roll the thread as far as the kitchen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When is the first time that Chiaroscuro sees light? Why is he shown this light? What happened that caused this incident? How does Chiaroscuro feel afterward? What is the focus of his attention from that point forward and why?
Essay Topic 2
Who notices Despereaux on his way back to the dungeon? What surprise does Despereaux get? Who helps him when he loses the spool? Why is Mig being uncooperative? How does the Princess secure freedom for herself, Mig and Despereaux? What surprise waits for Mig? What wish is granted her, and why is it different from what she expected?
Essay Topic 3
Where is Mig taken? What positions is she given? Which is first and why is she determined to be unsuitable for it? What positions do they try her in afterward? What happens in each of them? What position is she finally deemed suitable for? How does Mig feel about it and why?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)