|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Roscuro stand when he talks to Pea?
2. What is the threadmaster's name?
3. What does Mig ask her to wear?
4. What does Mig actually do to Roscuro?
5. What does the Princess say to Despereaux?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mig supposed to do with the food she takes down to the dungeon?
2. What happens to Miggery Sow after her mother dies?
3. What did Miggery see when she was seven years old, and how did it affect her?
4. What is Miggery Sow's life like with the man her father sold her to?
5. What happens when the cook sees a mouse in the kitchen?
6. What does Roscuro tell Mig that changes her life?
7. What happens when Despereaux wakes the following morning?
8. Why does Roscuro give up?
9. What is the Princess dreaming about when Mig and Roscuro sneak into her room to take her to the dungeon at knife point?
10. What does Despereaux find the Cook doing when he manages to roll the thread as far as the kitchen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens when the soldiers come to the Uncle's house? What items are they dispatched to collect and why? How does he respond to their request? What information does he inadvertently give them that costs him even more? What does it cost him and why?
Essay Topic 2
Who takes an interest in him almost immediately, and why? What does his savior want from him? Why does Despereaux ask to be released? What changes his mind? What is he told about the layout of the dungeon? How does his savior overcome this obstacle?
Essay Topic 3
What behavior does Despereaux exhibit that is unusual? How do his siblings from former litters attempt to help him? What is the outcome of their help? Why is Despereaux seemingly unable to conform and do what is expected of him? What does he do instead?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)