Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Despereaux's last name?
2. What does Despereaux believe his duty is?
3. What do the guards tell Antoinette will happen to her son?
4. What did the Pea announce when her father finished playing and singing?
5. What is Despereaux's father's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the King respond to the Princess when she declares that she intends to keep Despereaux and that she believes that they will be best friends?
2. What is the job of the threadmaster?
3. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
4. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
5. What happens when the King orders that all of the rats be killed?
6. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
7. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
8. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
9. What is the purpose of the Mouse Council?
10. What does Despereaux do in the all encompassing darkness to make himself feel brave?
Essay Topic 1
Why is Despereaux considered to be different than other mice when he is born? What inspires his mother to name him Despereaux? What happens to the rest of his litter mates? How does Despereaux's father respond to his birth and why? What makes Despereaux significant in their mouse family?
Essay Topic 2
Where is Mig taken? What positions is she given? Which is first and why is she determined to be unsuitable for it? What positions do they try her in afterward? What happens in each of them? What position is she finally deemed suitable for? How does Mig feel about it and why?
Essay Topic 3
Who takes an interest in him almost immediately, and why? What does his savior want from him? Why does Despereaux ask to be released? What changes his mind? What is he told about the layout of the dungeon? How does his savior overcome this obstacle?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)