Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Despereaux's last name?
2. What does Despereaux believe his duty is?
3. What do the guards tell Antoinette will happen to her son?
4. What did the Pea announce when her father finished playing and singing?
5. What is Despereaux's father's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the King respond to the Princess when she declares that she intends to keep Despereaux and that she believes that they will be best friends?
2. What is the job of the threadmaster?
3. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
4. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
5. What happens when the King orders that all of the rats be killed?
6. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
7. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
8. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
9. What is the purpose of the Mouse Council?
10. What does Despereaux do in the all encompassing darkness to make himself feel brave?
Essay Topic 1
When is the first time that Chiaroscuro sees light? Why is he shown this light? What happened that caused this incident? How does Chiaroscuro feel afterward? What is the focus of his attention from that point forward and why?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of the thread master? Why is red thread used, and for what? What prevents mice from just removing the thread themselves. Where is the thread attached? What is its' significance? Who else is bound, by what, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Who takes an interest in him almost immediately, and why? What does his savior want from him? Why does Despereaux ask to be released? What changes his mind? What is he told about the layout of the dungeon? How does his savior overcome this obstacle?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)