|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of life according to Botticelli?
2. What is the last of the great, ancient rules of mice?
3. What does Roscuro stumble into when he leaves the dungeon?
4. What other crime did he commit that he wasn't caught for?
5. What do stories do for Gregory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing that Despereaux is aware of after he is pushed down the dungeon steps by Furlough and the second guard?
2. What happens when the King orders that all of the rats be killed?
3. In what ways do Despereaux's siblings attempt to educate him on how to be a mouse?
4. What fascination does Roscuro develop even though he is told it is not proper?
5. How does Antoinette react as the last of her babies is being taken to the dungeon?
6. What is the crime that led to the new prisoner being brought down to the dungeon?
7. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
8. How did the mice get to the dungeon?
9. How does the King respond to the Princess when she declares that she intends to keep Despereaux and that she believes that they will be best friends?
10. What does Despereaux suddenly find unbearable, and what does he ask the guards?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Mig see on her seventh birthday? How does she respond? What does she do when her presence is acknowledged? Why? What dream does this instill in Mig? Who does she share her dream with, and what is their response?
Essay Topic 2
How does Roscuro get upstairs into the light? What does he see when he gets there? What rooms does he visit? Which room does he become drawn into and what attracts his attention? Where does he go to get a closer look? Who sees him first and what is the response?
Essay Topic 3
What happens when the soldiers come to the Uncle's house? What items are they dispatched to collect and why? How does he respond to their request? What information does he inadvertently give them that costs him even more? What does it cost him and why?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)