Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Despereaux's last name?
2. What does Despereaux believe his duty is?
3. What do the guards tell Antoinette will happen to her son?
4. What did the Pea announce when her father finished playing and singing?
5. What is Despereaux's father's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the King respond to the Princess when she declares that she intends to keep Despereaux and that she believes that they will be best friends?
2. What is the job of the threadmaster?
3. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
4. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
5. What happens when the King orders that all of the rats be killed?
6. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
7. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
8. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
9. What is the purpose of the Mouse Council?
10. What does Despereaux do in the all encompassing darkness to make himself feel brave?
Essay Topic 1
Who takes an interest in him almost immediately, and why? What does his savior want from him? Why does Despereaux ask to be released? What changes his mind? What is he told about the layout of the dungeon? How does his savior overcome this obstacle?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Despereaux considered to be different than other mice when he is born? What inspires his mother to name him Despereaux? What happens to the rest of his litter mates? How does Despereaux's father respond to his birth and why? What makes Despereaux significant in their mouse family?
Essay Topic 3
What is the reason that Despereaux is being punished? What cardinal rules did he break? How might he have resolved the situation or avoided it entirely? What part of Despereaux's behavior does the Mouse Council consider to be unacceptable, and why?
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)