Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Despereaux's last name?
2. What does Despereaux believe his duty is?
3. What do the guards tell Antoinette will happen to her son?
4. What did the Pea announce when her father finished playing and singing?
5. What is Despereaux's father's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the King respond to the Princess when she declares that she intends to keep Despereaux and that she believes that they will be best friends?
2. What is the job of the threadmaster?
3. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
4. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
5. What happens when the King orders that all of the rats be killed?
6. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
7. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
8. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
9. What is the purpose of the Mouse Council?
10. What does Despereaux do in the all encompassing darkness to make himself feel brave?
Essay Topic 1
Who was Mig named after? What age is she when her mother dies? What does her father do shortly thereafter? What does he get as a result? Where does Mig find herself afterward? What is her new situation like? What is the biggest challenge that she faces?
Essay Topic 2
What is the meaning of Chiaroscuro? How is this name ironic given that it was given to a rat and why? What is almost prophetic about this name? In what way are Chiaroscuro and Despereaux very similar? What character traits do they share?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of the thread master? Why is red thread used, and for what? What prevents mice from just removing the thread themselves. Where is the thread attached? What is its' significance? Who else is bound, by what, and why?
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)