Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Despereaux's last name?
2. What does Despereaux believe his duty is?
3. What do the guards tell Antoinette will happen to her son?
4. What did the Pea announce when her father finished playing and singing?
5. What is Despereaux's father's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the King respond to the Princess when she declares that she intends to keep Despereaux and that she believes that they will be best friends?
2. What is the job of the threadmaster?
3. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
4. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
5. What happens when the King orders that all of the rats be killed?
6. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
7. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
8. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
9. What is the purpose of the Mouse Council?
10. What does Despereaux do in the all encompassing darkness to make himself feel brave?
Who notices Despereaux on his way back to the dungeon? What surprise does Despereaux get? Who helps him when he loses the spool? Why is Mig being uncooperative? How does the Princess secure freedom for herself, Mig and Despereaux? What surprise waits for Mig? What wish is granted her, and why is it different from what she expected?
How does Despereaux get back to the light? What does he overhear on the way? What happens that almost costs him his life? What part of himself does he lose in the process? Where does he hide afterward? How long is he there? What is different about his appearance when he comes out?
What does Despereaux realize when he confronts the Mouse Council? Who asks him for something and what is he asked for? What understanding does Despereaux come to as this request is considered? Where does he go next? What conversation convinces him he must act on his own? Who does he approach for help? What does he need and why? What is he given?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)