|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Despereaux's last name?
2. What does Despereaux believe his duty is?
3. What do the guards tell Antoinette will happen to her son?
4. What did the Pea announce when her father finished playing and singing?
5. What is Despereaux's father's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the King respond to the Princess when she declares that she intends to keep Despereaux and that she believes that they will be best friends?
2. What is the job of the threadmaster?
3. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
4. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
5. What happens when the King orders that all of the rats be killed?
6. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
7. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
8. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
9. What is the purpose of the Mouse Council?
10. What does Despereaux do in the all encompassing darkness to make himself feel brave?
Essay Topic 1
What changes occur in Mig as a result of her new circumstances? What does she lose as a direct result of her Uncle? What problems arise as a result? How does this affect her directly on a physical level? On an emotional level?
Essay Topic 2
How does the Queen lose her life? What is the King's reaction? What two things does he outlaw as a result of the Queen's death and why? Which of these two things is easily outlawed and which is the King forced to simply make illegal instead? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Where is Mig taken? What positions is she given? Which is first and why is she determined to be unsuitable for it? What positions do they try her in afterward? What happens in each of them? What position is she finally deemed suitable for? How does Mig feel about it and why?
This section contains 1,888 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)