|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the threadmaster and Despereaux have in common?
2. What is Despereaux's last name?
3. When the Princess sees him and calls out, what does Roscuro realize?
4. Who does Despereaux reveal himself to?
5. Where does he fall to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mig supposed to do with the food she takes down to the dungeon?
2. What is the crime that led to the new prisoner being brought down to the dungeon?
3. What is the first thing that Despereaux is aware of after he is pushed down the dungeon steps by Furlough and the second guard?
4. Why does the jailer tell Despereaux that he definitely does not want to be let go in this place?
5. What happens when the Princess begins to cry?
6. What does Despereaux find the Cook doing when he manages to roll the thread as far as the kitchen?
7. How did the mice get to the dungeon?
8. What causes Despereaux to fall in love with the Princess?
9. What deal does the Princess make with Roscuro?
10. What happens when the soldiers come to Uncle's house?
Essay Topic 1
How does the Queen lose her life? What is the King's reaction? What two things does he outlaw as a result of the Queen's death and why? Which of these two things is easily outlawed and which is the King forced to simply make illegal instead? Why?
Essay Topic 2
How does Roscuro get upstairs into the light? What does he see when he gets there? What rooms does he visit? Which room does he become drawn into and what attracts his attention? Where does he go to get a closer look? Who sees him first and what is the response?
Essay Topic 3
How does Despereaux cope with being thrown into the dungeon? What does he do to reassure himself? How do his actions save his life? What causes Despereaux to faint for the second time in one day? What is the first thing he sees when he comes to?
This section contains 1,827 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)