|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Roscuro as a result of seeing the light from the match?
2. What does Despereaux begin by reciting?
3. What does Gregory do?
4. Where does Gregory put Despereaux?
5. Who is the first to notice him there?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Antoinette's last word to Despereaux give him little comfort?
2. How does Roscuro lose his tail?
3. What does Roscuro tell Mig that changes her life?
4. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
5. What does Roscuro discover when he works up the courage to go upstairs into the light?
6. Why is Miggery not nearly as disturbed by the dungeon as most others are?
7. What deal does Botticelli make with Despereax when the spool of thread gets away from him on the stairs?
8. What are the ways in which Despereaux is considered to be a disappointment or different, and by whom?
9. How does the King respond to the Princess when she declares that she intends to keep Despereaux and that she believes that they will be best friends?
10. What does the threadmaster ask Despereaux as he is doing his job?
Essay Topic 1
What changes occur in Mig as a result of her new circumstances? What does she lose as a direct result of her Uncle? What problems arise as a result? How does this affect her directly on a physical level? On an emotional level?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of the thread master? Why is red thread used, and for what? What prevents mice from just removing the thread themselves. Where is the thread attached? What is its' significance? Who else is bound, by what, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What happens when the soldiers come to the Uncle's house? What items are they dispatched to collect and why? How does he respond to their request? What information does he inadvertently give them that costs him even more? What does it cost him and why?
This section contains 1,930 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)