|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Roscuro stand when he talks to Pea?
(a) On Mig's shoulder.
(b) In Mig's pocket.
(c) On Pea's bed.
(d) On the nightstand.
2. Why does Roscuro get frustrated?
(a) Because Mig is not forceful enough.
(b) Because the Princess refuses to listen.
(c) Because Mig doesn't tell the Princess what he wants her to.
(d) Because Mig changes her mind.
3. What is Mig's new job?
(a) A server.
(b) A lady in waiting.
(c) A castle servant.
(d) A dungeon maid.
4. Who is inside the knight's armor in Despereaux's dream?
(a) No one.
5. Where is Mig supposed to take the Princess?
(a) To the kitchen.
(b) To the parlor.
(c) To the dungeon.
(d) To the dining hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the rats want Roscuro to do?
2. What does Roscuro tell Mig about?
3. What does Mig call the Royal family?
4. What does Cook hear in the kitchen?
5. What job is Mig given on her first day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Roscuro and Mig ask the Princess to do before they take her down to the dungeon?
2. Why does Mig refuse to chain the Princess up at first for Roscuro when they get to the spot where Roscuro intends to keep her?
3. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
4. How does the Princess recognize who Roscuro is, and what does she do about it?
5. What deal does the Princess make with Roscuro?
6. Why does Roscuro give up?
7. Why is Miggery not nearly as disturbed by the dungeon as most others are?
8. How does Despereaux come to be back in the kitchen with Mig and the cook?
9. What does Roscuro tell Mig that changes her life?
10. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)