|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise never do?
2. What did Miggery's father get when he sold her in the marketplace?
(a) Two hens, a cigarette and a red napkin.
(b) Three hens, a handful of red napkins and a cigarette.
(c) A hen, a handful of cigarettes and a red tablecloth.
(d) Six hens, a yellow tablecloth and a package of cigarettes.
3. Why is Mig not supposed to hurt the Princess?
(a) So the Princess can watch Roscuro's revenge.
(b) So the Princess can be her lady in waiting.
(c) So the Princess can be punished.
(d) So the Princess won' t yell.
4. What does the Princess say to Despereaux?
(a) You are a Prince.
(b) You are the bravest mouse I've ever seen.
(c) You are a true gentleman.
(d) You are my knight with a shining needle.
5. Where does Mig go that night?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the dining hall.
(c) To the dungeon.
(d) Up to the Princess's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Despereaux weep?
2. What does Mig cut off with the large knife?
3. What does Despereaux dream of?
4. What is the Princess making?
5. Who is the Princess dreaming about when Mig approaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miggery tell Gregory that attracts the attention of Roscuro, and why is Roscuro interested?
2. What is the Princess dreaming about when Mig and Roscuro sneak into her room to take her to the dungeon at knife point?
3. What does Miggery do in the castle?
4. How does Despereaux come to be back in the kitchen with Mig and the cook?
5. What is Mig supposed to do with the food she takes down to the dungeon?
6. Why does Roscuro give up?
7. When does Mig dig in and refuse to help?
8. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
9. What deal does the Princess make with Roscuro?
10. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)