|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in her right pocket?
(a) A locket.
(b) A book about royalty.
(c) A red napkin.
(d) A rat with a spoon and a cape.
2. What does Mig ask her to wear?
(a) Her crown.
(b) Her royal rings.
(c) Her pearl handled hair combs.
(d) Her best necklace.
3. What does Roscuro ask Despereaux to do?
(a) Show him where the soup is.
(b) Leave him alone.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Bring him some soup too.
4. What does the Princess ask Roscuro?
(a) If he'd like to live upstairs.
(b) If he'd like some soup.
(c) If he'd make a deal with them.
(d) If he wants his freedom.
5. What does Roscuro tell Mig about?
(a) The best soup he ever ate.
(b) Her father.
(c) The first time he saw the Princess.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Boticelli agree to help Despereaux?
2. What does Gregory whisper to Despereaux as he wraps him in his napkin and puts him on his dinner tray?
3. How does Mig try to help?
4. What does 'Uncle' wear to mock her?
5. What is the name of the head of the serving staff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Despereaux see after he grabs hold of Botticelli's tail and is led through the dungeon?
2. What did Miggery see when she was seven years old, and how did it affect her?
3. What happens to Miggery Sow after her mother dies?
4. What is the Princess dreaming about when Mig and Roscuro sneak into her room to take her to the dungeon at knife point?
5. What other positions does Miggery hold and why don't they work out?
6. What is Mig supposed to do with the food she takes down to the dungeon?
7. Why does Roscuro give up?
8. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
9. Why does Mig refuse to chain the Princess up at first for Roscuro when they get to the spot where Roscuro intends to keep her?
10. Who does Despereaux run into on his way to find the King?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)