|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Princess dreaming about when Mig approaches?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
2. What did the man like giving Mig?
(a) A good clout to the ear.
(b) A good spanking on occasion.
(c) Baubles for her hair.
(d) Fine clothes to wear.
3. What is in her right pocket?
(a) A locket.
(b) A book about royalty.
(c) A rat with a spoon and a cape.
(d) A red napkin.
4. Where does Mig go that night?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the dining hall.
(c) To the dungeon.
(d) Up to the Princess's room.
5. How does Mig try to help?
(a) She tries to kick Roscuro out of the way.
(b) She tries to cut off Roscuro's head with a knife.
(c) She calls out to the King's guard.
(d) She throws the chains at Roscuro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's food does Mig finally get told to deliver?
2. Why couldn't Mig be a lady in waiting?
3. What does Roscuro tell Mig the Princess will get?
4. What happens when Mig tries to curtsy?
5. What do the soldiers do with Mig?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Miggery Sow's life like with the man her father sold her to?
2. What does Roscuro tell Mig that changes her life?
3. Why does Roscuro give up?
4. What does Despereaux see after he grabs hold of Botticelli's tail and is led through the dungeon?
5. Why is Miggery not nearly as disturbed by the dungeon as most others are?
6. What did Miggery see when she was seven years old, and how did it affect her?
7. What deal does Botticelli make with Despereax when the spool of thread gets away from him on the stairs?
8. What do Roscuro and Mig ask the Princess to do before they take her down to the dungeon?
9. What is the cook's response when Despereaux falls out of the napkin and into a measuring cup full of oil?
10. What does Despereaux find the Cook doing when he manages to roll the thread as far as the kitchen?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)