|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cook tell Mig she still must do?
(a) Wash the walls.
(b) Sweep the floor.
(c) Clear the tray.
(d) Wash the dishes.
2. What is the name of the head of the serving staff?
(a) Mary Beth.
3. Who is the Princess dreaming about when Mig approaches?
(a) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
4. What is the Princess suddenly aware of?
(a) How smart Mig is underneath it all.
(b) How tough Despereaux is.
(c) How fragile Roscuro is.
(d) How fragile her heart is.
5. What does Mig want Despereaux to do?
(b) Sit still.
(c) Climb onto her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mig supposed to take the Princess?
2. What does Mig tell the Princess she really wants?
3. What does Roscuro tell Mig about?
4. What happens to the thread?
5. What does Despereaux do with the needle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Despereaux wakes the following morning?
2. What do Roscuro and Mig ask the Princess to do before they take her down to the dungeon?
3. What does Roscuro tell Mig that changes her life?
4. What happens to Miggery Sow after her mother dies?
5. How does the Princess recognize who Roscuro is, and what does she do about it?
6. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
7. Why does Roscuro give up?
8. What does Despereaux find the Cook doing when he manages to roll the thread as far as the kitchen?
9. How does Roscuro lose his tail?
10. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)