|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Princess ask Mig?
(a) How she would punish Botticelli.
(b) How long she has been alone.
(c) What she would do if she was the Princess.
(d) What she really wants.
2. What does Roscuro do when Despereaux arrives to save the Princess?
(a) Roscuro bares his teeth and blocks his way.
(b) Roscuro gathers other rat friends to help him defend against Despereaux.
(c) Roscuro threatens to put Despereaux in chains.
(d) Roscuro threatens to eat Despereaux.
3. What is the Princess making?
(a) A dress for the ball.
(b) A new tablecloth.
(c) A cape.
(d) A tapestry of the history of the world.
4. What does the Princess want Despereaux to do?
(a) Come and sit with her.
(b) Chain Rosuro up.
(c) Kill Roscuro.
(d) Not kill Roscuro.
5. Where is Mig supposed to take the Princess?
(a) To the dungeon.
(b) To the kitchen.
(c) To the parlor.
(d) To the dining hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise never do?
2. Who is inside the knight's armor in Despereaux's dream?
3. What does Roscuro do first in his plan?
4. Why does Roscuro get frustrated?
5. What does Roscuro ask her to do when she begins talking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal does Botticelli make with Despereax when the spool of thread gets away from him on the stairs?
2. What is the Princess dreaming about when Mig and Roscuro sneak into her room to take her to the dungeon at knife point?
3. What is the cook's response when Despereaux falls out of the napkin and into a measuring cup full of oil?
4. Why does Mig refuse to chain the Princess up at first for Roscuro when they get to the spot where Roscuro intends to keep her?
5. How does Roscuro lose his tail?
6. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
7. Who does Despereaux run into on his way to find the King?
8. What do Roscuro and Mig ask the Princess to do before they take her down to the dungeon?
9. When does Mig dig in and refuse to help?
10. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)