|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Despereaux dream of?
(a) The love of a Princess.
(b) A King and his Queen.
(c) The reunion with his family.
(d) A knight swinging a sword.
2. Why couldn't Mig be a lady in waiting?
(a) She isn't pretty enough.
(b) She was caught trying on the gown of a duchess.
(c) She isn't tall enough.
(d) She has no experience.
3. Who is the Princess dreaming about when Mig approaches?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
4. Why does Pea tell them she cannot be threatened?
(a) She has guards in the castle.
(b) Mig would never hurt her.
(c) Her father will find ou.
(d) She is a Princess.
5. What do the soldiers do with Mig?
(a) They send her to her father.
(b) They give her a new coat.
(c) They set her free.
(d) They take her to the castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mig tell the Princess she really wants?
2. How old are both the Princess and Mig now?
3. What expression does Mig use before almost every sentence?
4. What does Cook offer Despereaux?
5. Who's food does Mig finally get told to deliver?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Miggery see when she was seven years old, and how did it affect her?
2. What does Miggery do in the castle?
3. What deal does Botticelli make with Despereax when the spool of thread gets away from him on the stairs?
4. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
5. Why does Roscuro give up?
6. What happens to Miggery Sow after her mother dies?
7. What other positions does Miggery hold and why don't they work out?
8. What does Despereaux see after he grabs hold of Botticelli's tail and is led through the dungeon?
9. When does Mig dig in and refuse to help?
10. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)