|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Miggery Sow's mother die?
(a) When she was five.
(b) When she was four.
(c) When she was six.
(d) When she was eight.
2. As the years pass, what does Mig hope?
(a) To be with father again.
(b) To earn a way to the castle.
(c) To see the Princess again.
(d) To find her place in life.
3. Who does Despereaux find in the Princess's chambers?
(a) The King.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Princess.
(d) The Mouse Council.
4. Why does Boticelli agree to help Despereaux?
(a) To torture him.
(b) To stay any possible execution by the King's men.
(c) To redeem himself and his breed.
(d) To show Roscuro how to behave.
5. What happens when Mig tries to curtsy?
(a) She falls into the Princess.
(b) She loses the thread.
(c) She falls over.
(d) She scares the Princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise never do?
2. What color is the Princess's horse?
3. What does she carry in her hand?
4. What does the Princess ask Roscuro?
5. What does Mig want Despereaux to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Mig dig in and refuse to help?
2. How does Roscuro lose his tail?
3. What happens when the cook sees a mouse in the kitchen?
4. What does Despereaux find the Cook doing when he manages to roll the thread as far as the kitchen?
5. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
6. What other positions does Miggery hold and why don't they work out?
7. What is the cook's response when Despereaux falls out of the napkin and into a measuring cup full of oil?
8. What does Despereaux see after he grabs hold of Botticelli's tail and is led through the dungeon?
9. What does Roscuro tell Mig that changes her life?
10. What does Miggery tell Gregory that attracts the attention of Roscuro, and why is Roscuro interested?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)