|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mig decide she wants to be someday?
(a) A princess.
(b) A wife.
(c) A mother.
(d) A queen.
2. What does Mig ask her to wear?
(a) Her pearl handled hair combs.
(b) Her crown.
(c) Her royal rings.
(d) Her best necklace.
3. What does Roscuro smell on Despereaux's whiskers?
4. What does Mig have in her left pocket?
(a) A locket.
(b) A rat with a spoon and a cape.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A knife.
5. Why doesn't Mig chain the Princess up as Roscuro tells her to?
(a) Because Roscuro doesn't hold up his end of the agreement.
(b) Because Roscuro tells her she will never succeed.
(c) Because Mig has a change of heart.
(d) Because Roscuro laughs at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roscuro want Pea to dress in?
2. What does the Princess want Despereaux to do?
3. What is Roscuro's last name?
4. Why couldn't Mig work as a chambermaid?
5. What was the King dreaming as Pea is led down to the dungeon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Miggery Sow's life like with the man her father sold her to?
2. What deal does Botticelli make with Despereax when the spool of thread gets away from him on the stairs?
3. Why is Miggery not nearly as disturbed by the dungeon as most others are?
4. Why does Mig refuse to chain the Princess up at first for Roscuro when they get to the spot where Roscuro intends to keep her?
5. What is Mig supposed to do with the food she takes down to the dungeon?
6. What does Roscuro tell Mig that changes her life?
7. What deal does the Princess make with Roscuro?
8. What does Despereaux see after he grabs hold of Botticelli's tail and is led through the dungeon?
9. Why does Roscuro give up?
10. What is the Princess dreaming about when Mig and Roscuro sneak into her room to take her to the dungeon at knife point?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)