|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Despereaux do with the needle?
(a) Gives it to the Princess.
(b) Gives it to Mig.
(c) Drops it on the dungeon floor.
(d) Points it at Roscuro's heart and tells him not to move.
2. What dark things are in Pea's heart?
(a) Hatred for Roscuro and sadness that her mother was gone.
(b) Hatred for Roscuro and pity for Mig.
(c) Hatred for Mig and Roscuro, and pity for her mother.
(d) Disgust for the filth that Roscuro represented.
3. What makes Despereaux weep?
(a) The loss of his tail.
(b) Love and friendship, loss and loneliness.
(c) Fear and disappointment, nausea and loss.
(d) Exhaustion, despair and hope, joy and pain, gratitude.
4. What is the Princess suddenly aware of?
(a) How fragile her heart is.
(b) How smart Mig is underneath it all.
(c) How tough Despereaux is.
(d) How fragile Roscuro is.
5. What does the Princess want Despereaux to do?
(a) Not kill Roscuro.
(b) Kill Roscuro.
(c) Chain Rosuro up.
(d) Come and sit with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier tell 'Uncle' is against the law?
2. What does Despereaux dream of?
3. What do the rats want Roscuro to do?
4. What does Despereaux see on the way to where the Princess is held.
5. Who's food does Mig finally get told to deliver?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miggery do in the castle?
2. What do Roscuro and Mig ask the Princess to do before they take her down to the dungeon?
3. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
4. What happens when the cook sees a mouse in the kitchen?
5. Why does Mig refuse to chain the Princess up at first for Roscuro when they get to the spot where Roscuro intends to keep her?
6. What happens when the soldiers come to Uncle's house?
7. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
8. How does the Princess recognize who Roscuro is, and what does she do about it?
9. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
10. What deal does Botticelli make with Despereax when the spool of thread gets away from him on the stairs?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)