|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Miggery Sow's mother die?
(a) When she was six.
(b) When she was eight.
(c) When she was five.
(d) When she was four.
2. What does the smell remind Roscuro of?
(a) Of how things used to be.
(b) Of his trip to the light.
(c) Of his love for soup.
(d) Of all that will never be available to him as a rat.
3. What does Mig drop into the pound cake?
(a) Egg shells.
(b) An onion.
(c) A ring.
(d) A serving spoon.
4. What does Roscuro want Pea to dress in?
(a) Her royal robe.
(b) The gown she wore at the banquet.
(c) Mig's peasant dress.
(d) Her traveling clothes.
5. What is the threadmaster's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mig actually do to Roscuro?
2. What happens when Mig tries to curtsy?
3. What happens to the thread?
4. What does Mig call the Royal family?
5. What is all but gone as a result?
Short Essay Questions
1. What deal does the Princess make with Roscuro?
2. What is the cook's response when Despereaux falls out of the napkin and into a measuring cup full of oil?
3. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
4. What deal does Botticelli make with Despereax when the spool of thread gets away from him on the stairs?
5. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
6. What does Despereaux see after he grabs hold of Botticelli's tail and is led through the dungeon?
7. What does Despereaux find the Cook doing when he manages to roll the thread as far as the kitchen?
8. Why does Roscuro give up?
9. What does Miggery tell Gregory that attracts the attention of Roscuro, and why is Roscuro interested?
10. What did Miggery see when she was seven years old, and how did it affect her?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)