|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's food does Mig finally get told to deliver?
(a) The Princess's.
(c) The serving staff.
(d) The King's.
2. What does Botticelli claim to love?
(a) When mice come to the dungeon.
(b) The idea that a fight might break out.
(c) When mice and rats fight.
(d) The sight of the Princess in the dungeon.
3. What didn't Mig's father do when he left her?
(a) Look back.
(b) Make a promise to her.
(c) Say goodbye.
(d) Give her a hug.
4. As the years pass, what does Mig hope?
(a) To find her place in life.
(b) To earn a way to the castle.
(c) To be with father again.
(d) To see the Princess again.
5. What do the rats want Roscuro to do?
(a) Leave the dungeon.
(b) Hand over the mousie.
(c) Give Mig to them.
(d) Give the Princess to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Roscuro claim to have brought the Princess downstairs?
2. What does she carry in her hand?
3. Why couldn't Mig be a lady in waiting?
4. What does Roscuro ask her to do when she begins talking?
5. Who does Despereaux find in the Princess's chambers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Miggery not nearly as disturbed by the dungeon as most others are?
2. What did Miggery see when she was seven years old, and how did it affect her?
3. Who does Despereaux run into on his way to find the King?
4. What does Miggery do in the castle?
5. What does Despereaux see after he grabs hold of Botticelli's tail and is led through the dungeon?
6. How does the Princess recognize who Roscuro is, and what does she do about it?
7. How does Despereaux come to be back in the kitchen with Mig and the cook?
8. What other positions does Miggery hold and why don't they work out?
9. What happens when the soldiers come to Uncle's house?
10. What is Mig supposed to do with the food she takes down to the dungeon?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)