|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cook offer Despereaux?
(a) A chunk of cheese.
(b) A saucer of milk.
(c) A hand with the spool of thread.
(d) A saucer full of soup.
2. What does Despereaux dream of?
(a) A King and his Queen.
(b) The reunion with his family.
(c) A knight swinging a sword.
(d) The love of a Princess.
3. What happens when Mig tries to curtsy?
(a) She falls into the Princess.
(b) She loses the thread.
(c) She falls over.
(d) She scares the Princess.
4. Why couldn't Mig be a lady in waiting?
(a) She isn't tall enough.
(b) She isn't pretty enough.
(c) She was caught trying on the gown of a duchess.
(d) She has no experience.
5. What color is the Princess's horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the man like giving Mig?
2. What does the man who owns Mig tell her that he wishes?
3. Why does Roscuro claim to have brought the Princess downstairs?
4. What dark things are in Pea's heart?
5. What does Despereaux fall into when the cook gives the napkin a shake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Miggery Sow's life like with the man her father sold her to?
2. What deal does Botticelli make with Despereax when the spool of thread gets away from him on the stairs?
3. What deal does the Princess make with Roscuro?
4. What is the cook's response when Despereaux falls out of the napkin and into a measuring cup full of oil?
5. What happens when the soldiers come to Uncle's house?
6. What does Roscuro tell Mig that changes her life?
7. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
8. What does Miggery tell Gregory that attracts the attention of Roscuro, and why is Roscuro interested?
9. What happens to Miggery Sow after her mother dies?
10. Why is Miggery not nearly as disturbed by the dungeon as most others are?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)