|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Despereaux make some light as he goes down into the dungeon?
(a) He sings himself a song.
(b) He tells himself a story.
(c) He practices with his needle sword.
(d) He thinks about the Princess.
2. What does Roscuro smell on Despereaux's whiskers?
3. What does Mig ask her to wear?
(a) Her pearl handled hair combs.
(b) Her crown.
(c) Her royal rings.
(d) Her best necklace.
4. What does Cook offer Despereaux?
(a) A saucer full of soup.
(b) A chunk of cheese.
(c) A saucer of milk.
(d) A hand with the spool of thread.
5. What is in her right pocket?
(a) A rat with a spoon and a cape.
(b) A red napkin.
(c) A locket.
(d) A book about royalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roscuro tell Mig about?
2. What does Despereaux see on the way to where the Princess is held.
3. Where does Roscuro stand when he talks to Pea?
4. Who's food does Mig finally get told to deliver?
5. What does Mig cut off with the large knife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miggery do in the castle?
2. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
3. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
4. What does Despereaux see after he grabs hold of Botticelli's tail and is led through the dungeon?
5. What happens when the soldiers come to Uncle's house?
6. Who does Despereaux run into on his way to find the King?
7. What other positions does Miggery hold and why don't they work out?
8. When does Mig dig in and refuse to help?
9. What did Miggery see when she was seven years old, and how did it affect her?
10. What does Miggery tell Gregory that attracts the attention of Roscuro, and why is Roscuro interested?
This section contains 1,091 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)