|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gregory whisper to Despereaux as he wraps him in his napkin and puts him on his dinner tray?
(a) You are free my friend.
(b) Back to your family.
(c) Back to the light.
(d) Up to the kitchen.
2. How old are both the Princess and Mig now?
3. Why does Roscuro claim to have brought the Princess downstairs?
(a) So she could bring him soup.
(b) So she could help him trade his way out of the dungeon.
(c) So he could be closer to her.
(d) So he could have some light of his own.
4. What does Botticelli really intend to do with Despereaux?
(a) Use him to torture the Princess.
(b) Make friends with him.
(c) Eat him.
(d) Introduce him to his friends.
5. What does Botticelli call Roscuro?
(a) A genius rat.
(b) A miserable excuse for a rat.
(c) A prince among rats.
(d) A mouse in rat's fur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Miggery's father get when he sold her in the marketplace?
2. How does Mig try to help?
3. Where does Mig go that night?
4. What is Roscuro's last name?
5. Who is the Princess dreaming about when Mig approaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Princess recognize who Roscuro is, and what does she do about it?
2. What do Roscuro and Mig ask the Princess to do before they take her down to the dungeon?
3. Who does Despereaux run into on his way to find the King?
4. What is the Princess dreaming about when Mig and Roscuro sneak into her room to take her to the dungeon at knife point?
5. What deal does the Princess make with Roscuro?
6. What is the cook's response when Despereaux falls out of the napkin and into a measuring cup full of oil?
7. What other positions does Miggery hold and why don't they work out?
8. What is Mig supposed to do with the food she takes down to the dungeon?
9. How does Despereaux come to be back in the kitchen with Mig and the cook?
10. What is Miggery Sow's life like with the man her father sold her to?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)