|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What expression does Mig use before almost every sentence?
2. What does the Princess want Despereaux to do?
(a) Kill Roscuro.
(b) Not kill Roscuro.
(c) Come and sit with her.
(d) Chain Rosuro up.
3. What didn't Mig's father do when he left her?
(a) Make a promise to her.
(b) Say goodbye.
(c) Give her a hug.
(d) Look back.
4. What does 'Uncle' wear to mock her?
(a) A bowl on his head.
(b) A tablespoon on his nose.
(c) A tablecloth cape.
(d) A kettle on his head.
5. Why doesn't Mig chain the Princess up as Roscuro tells her to?
(a) Because Roscuro tells her she will never succeed.
(b) Because Roscuro laughs at her.
(c) Because Mig has a change of heart.
(d) Because Roscuro doesn't hold up his end of the agreement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roscuro smell on Despereaux's whiskers?
2. When did Miggery Sow's mother die?
3. What does Mig want to wear?
4. What does Roscuro do when Despereaux arrives to save the Princess?
5. What does Mig tell the Princess she really wants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Miggery see when she was seven years old, and how did it affect her?
2. When does Mig dig in and refuse to help?
3. What does Miggery do in the castle?
4. What happens when Despereaux wakes the following morning?
5. What is the cook's response when Despereaux falls out of the napkin and into a measuring cup full of oil?
6. Why is Miggery not nearly as disturbed by the dungeon as most others are?
7. How does Roscuro lose his tail?
8. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
9. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
10. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)