|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Mig work as a chambermaid?
(a) She wasn't a good cleaner.
(b) She was too plump.
(c) She couldn't get past how beautiful it all was.
(d) She wasn't fast enough.
2. What does Despereaux see on the way to where the Princess is held.
(a) Gregory's blanket.
(b) Rat holes on both sides of the hall.
(c) Tufts of fur, bits of red thread and mouse bones.
(d) People chained to the walls.
3. What does Roscuro ask her to do when she begins talking?
(d) Be quiet.
4. What is the Princess suddenly aware of?
(a) How tough Despereaux is.
(b) How fragile her heart is.
(c) How smart Mig is underneath it all.
(d) How fragile Roscuro is.
5. What expression does Mig use before almost every sentence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she carry in her hand?
2. What does the man who owns Mig tell her that he wishes?
3. What does Despereaux do with the needle?
4. What does Mig have in her left pocket?
5. What do the soldiers do with Mig?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Despereaux run into on his way to find the King?
2. How does Despereaux come to be back in the kitchen with Mig and the cook?
3. What do Roscuro and Mig ask the Princess to do before they take her down to the dungeon?
4. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
5. What happens to Miggery Sow after her mother dies?
6. What is Mig supposed to do with the food she takes down to the dungeon?
7. How does Roscuro lose his tail?
8. What does Miggery do in the castle?
9. What other positions does Miggery hold and why don't they work out?
10. What is the cook's response when Despereaux falls out of the napkin and into a measuring cup full of oil?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)