|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the thread?
(a) Despereaux can't find it in the kitchen after the soup.
(b) Despereaux loses it on the stairs as it falls ahead of him.
(c) The threadmaster wants it back.
(d) Botticelli steals it from him.
2. What is in her right pocket?
(a) A red napkin.
(b) A locket.
(c) A rat with a spoon and a cape.
(d) A book about royalty.
3. What does Mig call the man who bought her?
4. Where does Despereaux run and hide?
(a) In the waste bin.
(b) Under the covers.
(c) In the pantry.
(d) In the dungeon.
5. Why does Boticelli agree to help Despereaux?
(a) To redeem himself and his breed.
(b) To stay any possible execution by the King's men.
(c) To torture him.
(d) To show Roscuro how to behave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Despereaux hold onto as Botticelli takes him deep into the dungeon?
2. Where does Roscuro stand when he talks to Pea?
3. What do Mig's ears begin to resemble?
4. What does Despereaux fall into when the cook gives the napkin a shake?
5. How old are both the Princess and Mig now?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Roscuro and Mig ask the Princess to do before they take her down to the dungeon?
2. What does Despereaux find the Cook doing when he manages to roll the thread as far as the kitchen?
3. What deal does Botticelli make with Despereax when the spool of thread gets away from him on the stairs?
4. What happens when the cook sees a mouse in the kitchen?
5. What happens when the soldiers come to Uncle's house?
6. What is Miggery Sow's life like with the man her father sold her to?
7. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
8. What is the cook's response when Despereaux falls out of the napkin and into a measuring cup full of oil?
9. What happens to Miggery Sow after her mother dies?
10. How does Roscuro lose his tail?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)