|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much thread does the threadmaster use?
(a) Just enough to wrap around his finger twice.
(b) Enough to use as a rope if twined together.
(c) Enough to wrap around his waist twice.
(d) Just enough for the neck.
2. What do the guards tell Antoinette will happen to her son?
(a) He will starve to death.
(b) He will become an albino.
(c) He will be a slave.
(d) The rats will eat him.
3. What is Despereaux's last name?
4. What do Despereaux's brother and sister take him to the library for?
(a) To educate him.
(b) To eat the bindings.
(c) To show him how to read.
(d) To read a bedtime story.
5. What does the threadmaster tell Despereaux to do?
(a) Wait for rescue.
(b) Find his way out.
(c) Be brave.
(d) Search for the leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Botticelli try to teach Roscuro?
2. What does perfidy mean?
3. Where does the Mouse Council want to send Despereaux?
4. Who does Lester call?
5. What did Despereaux do instead of searching for food like the rest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other crime did the prisoner admit to committing for which he was never caught or punished?
2. What are the ways in which Despereaux is considered to be a disappointment or different, and by whom?
3. What are the basic rules of being a mouse that Despereaux breaks when he hears the music?
4. What happens when the King orders that all of the rats be killed?
5. What is the job of the threadmaster?
6. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
7. What is the purpose of the Mouse Council?
8. What is the crime that led to the new prisoner being brought down to the dungeon?
9. Why did Antoinette's last word to Despereaux give him little comfort?
10. In what ways do Despereaux's siblings attempt to educate him on how to be a mouse?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)