|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Despereaux's mother do when Despereaux is led away?
(a) She calls his name repeatedly.
(b) She faints.
(c) She wails.
(d) She refuses to look.
2. What does Roscuro stumble into when he leaves the dungeon?
(a) A party in the banquet hall.
(b) Another rat.
(c) A birthday.
(d) A soccer game.
3. Where does the Mouse Council want to send Despereaux?
(a) To another colony.
(b) To the dungeon.
(c) To the King.
(d) To the Princess.
4. What does Gregory do?
(a) Chases him into the darkest part of the dungeon.
(b) Kicks him out.
(c) Burns Roscuro's whiskers.
(d) Locks him in a cage.
5. What does Botticelli do when the door opens to admit a prisoner?
(a) He runs to get Gregory.
(b) He looks away from the light at the door.
(c) He runs into the darkness.
(d) He runs to get Roscuro.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Furlough see that makes him think that Despereaux is a goner?
2. What happens when he realizes this truth?
3. What is Despereaux's father's name?
4. Other than ridiculous, how is love described in this tale?
5. What incredible thing happens when the Princess smiles at Despereaux?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the King orders that all of the rats be killed?
2. How does the King respond to the Princess when she declares that she intends to keep Despereaux and that she believes that they will be best friends?
3. Why does Despereaux refuse to renounce his actions in front of the Mouse Council?
4. Why did Antoinette's last word to Despereaux give him little comfort?
5. What is the job of the threadmaster?
6. What is the crime that led to the new prisoner being brought down to the dungeon?
7. What fascination does Roscuro develop even though he is told it is not proper?
8. How did the mice get to the dungeon?
9. What does Despereaux suddenly find unbearable, and what does he ask the guards?
10. What are the basic rules of being a mouse that Despereaux breaks when he hears the music?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)