|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Princess describe Despereaux's ears?
(a) Like remnants of silk.
(b) Like bits of cotton.
(c) Like small pieces of velvet.
(d) Like rose petals.
2. What could Despereaux smell on the threadmaster's breath?
(c) Peanut butter.
3. How many mice are in the Mouse Council.
4. Who arrived at the castle on the same evening?
(a) Simmery Yow.
(b) Gimmery Gow.
(c) Siggery Mow.
(d) Miggery Sow.
5. What does Despereaux have an unusual interest in?
(c) Card games.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Roscuro leave the dungeon to go into the light of the castle?
2. Where does he fall to?
3. Who does Despereaux reveal himself to?
4. What does Despereaux do in the library?
5. What is the name of the kingdom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the jailer tell Despereaux that he definitely does not want to be let go in this place?
2. What does Despereaux suddenly find unbearable, and what does he ask the guards?
3. How does the King respond to the Princess when she declares that she intends to keep Despereaux and that she believes that they will be best friends?
4. Why was the killing of rats unsuccessful, and what did the King do?
5. What happens when Princess Pea notices him swinging from the chandelier?
6. What other crime did the prisoner admit to committing for which he was never caught or punished?
7. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
8. What is the purpose of the Mouse Council?
9. Why did Antoinette's last word to Despereaux give him little comfort?
10. What is the first thing that Despereaux is aware of after he is pushed down the dungeon steps by Furlough and the second guard?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)