|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Princess sees him and calls out, what does Roscuro realize?
(a) That he does not want to be a rat.
(b) That he does no belong upstairs.
(c) That no one will love him upstairs.
(d) That he is revered upstairs.
2. Why is Gregory in the dungeon?
(a) He was caught stealing.
(b) He spilled the soup in the king's lap.
(c) He is the jailer.
(d) He was a guard caught sleeping on shift.
3. How many mice are in the Mouse Council.
4. What does Despereaux believe his duty is?
(a) To serve the Princess.
(b) To be in love.
(c) To live.
(d) To survive the rats.
5. What does Roscuro find on the floor?
(a) A butter knife.
(b) The Queen's soup spoon.
(c) The Queen's broach.
(d) A single shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What broke Roscuro's heart?
2. What else did the King order?
3. What does Despereaux want before the guards lead him to the dungeon?
4. How does Gregory see in the darkness?
5. What nationality is Despereaux's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the King respond to the Princess when she declares that she intends to keep Despereaux and that she believes that they will be best friends?
2. Why was the killing of rats unsuccessful, and what did the King do?
3. How does Antoinette react as the last of her babies is being taken to the dungeon?
4. When Despereaux faints, what does he wake up to see?
5. What is the outcome of Chiaroscuro's trip into the light?
6. What is the purpose of the Mouse Council?
7. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
8. What is the crime that led to the new prisoner being brought down to the dungeon?
9. What is the vote taken by the Mouse Council and what are the results?
10. How did the mice get to the dungeon?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)