|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guards tell Antoinette will happen to her son?
(a) He will be a slave.
(b) The rats will eat him.
(c) He will become an albino.
(d) He will starve to death.
2. Why does Despereaux tell the jailer he cannot die?
(a) Because he wants to read.
(b) Becaue he wants to learn how to write.
(c) Because he is too young.
(d) Because he is in love.
3. What is the new prisoner being jailed for?
(a) Stealing two horses (one Arabian and one Palimino).
(b) Stealing blankets.
(c) Stealing four chickens.
(d) Stealing six cows (two Jerseys and four Guernseys).
4. What could Despereaux smell on the threadmaster's breath?
(c) Peanut butter.
5. What incredible thing happens when the Princess smiles at Despereaux?
(a) He falls in love.
(b) He hears music.
(c) He forgets he is a mouse.
(d) He discovers his destiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Roscuro make at that moment?
2. What else did the King order?
3. Why is Gregory in the dungeon?
4. What does Despereaux do in the library?
5. How many mice has Gregory saved before Despereaux?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the vote taken by the Mouse Council and what are the results?
2. What happens when the Princess begins to cry?
3. What happens when Princess Pea notices him swinging from the chandelier?
4. Why does the jailer tell Despereaux that he definitely does not want to be let go in this place?
5. What is the job of the threadmaster?
6. What happens when the King orders that all of the rats be killed?
7. How does the King respond to the Princess when she declares that she intends to keep Despereaux and that she believes that they will be best friends?
8. What are the ways in which Despereaux is considered to be a disappointment or different, and by whom?
9. What causes Despereaux to fall in love with the Princess?
10. In what ways do Despereaux's siblings attempt to educate him on how to be a mouse?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)