|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roscuro find on the floor?
(a) A single shoe.
(b) The Queen's soup spoon.
(c) The Queen's broach.
(d) A butter knife.
2. Why does a piece of red string get tied around Despereaux's neck?
(a) To mark him as a condemned mouse.
(b) So he can use it to find his way in the dark.
(c) To remember his family by.
(d) To be used as a portable sewing kit.
3. Why does Antoinette want no more babies?
(a) They ruin her beauty.
(b) They never stop needing.
(c) They are too much work.
(d) They make her feel too sad.
4. How many brothers and sisters are in Despereaux's litter?
5. What is the last of the great, ancient rules of mice?
(a) Never reveal a mouse's house to a human.
(b) Never speak to humans.
(c) Never allow humans to touch a mouse.
(d) Never touch humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day does Roscuro leave the dungeon to go into the light of the castle?
2. What nationality is Despereaux's mother?
3. Where does Gregory put Despereaux?
4. What does Roscuro offer to do?
5. How does Gregory see in the darkness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Despereaux refuse to renounce his actions in front of the Mouse Council?
2. When Despereaux faints, what does he wake up to see?
3. In what ways do Despereaux's siblings attempt to educate him on how to be a mouse?
4. What is the vote taken by the Mouse Council and what are the results?
5. How does Despereaux's behavior get him into trouble?
6. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
7. What is the first thing that Despereaux is aware of after he is pushed down the dungeon steps by Furlough and the second guard?
8. What are the basic rules of being a mouse that Despereaux breaks when he hears the music?
9. What does Despereaux do in the all encompassing darkness to make himself feel brave?
10. What is the crime that led to the new prisoner being brought down to the dungeon?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)