|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the threadmaster and Despereaux have in common?
(a) They have the same father.
(b) They both think the Princess is beautiful.
(c) They both like music.
(d) They both enjoy reading.
2. What is the meaning of life according to Botticelli?
(a) Peace in all things.
(b) Self sacrifice.
(c) Suffering of others.
3. What happens to Roscuro as a result of seeing the light from the match?
(a) He has a headache from the light.
(b) He's blinded.
(c) He's afraid of the light.
(d) He longs for more light.
4. Other than ridiculous, how is love described in this tale?
(a) Heartfelt and devoted.
(b) Wonderful and powerful.
(c) Joyful and illuminating.
(d) Purposeful and determined.
5. What did Furlough not see the Princess do?
(a) Invite Despereaux to dinner.
(b) Take Despereaux to her private quarters.
(c) Pick Despereaux up.
(d) Kiss Despereaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the kingdom?
2. What does Antoinette call out as Despereaux is led away?
3. How many mice are in the Mouse Council.
4. What does Despereaux wonder about that chills him?
5. How does the Princess describe Despereaux's ears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the vote taken by the Mouse Council and what are the results?
2. What is the outcome of Chiaroscuro's trip into the light?
3. What does the threadmaster ask Despereaux as he is doing his job?
4. What happens when the Princess begins to cry?
5. How does the King respond to the Princess when she declares that she intends to keep Despereaux and that she believes that they will be best friends?
6. What is the crime that led to the new prisoner being brought down to the dungeon?
7. How does Despereaux's behavior get him into trouble?
8. How did the mice get to the dungeon?
9. What happens when the King orders that all of the rats be killed?
10. Why was the killing of rats unsuccessful, and what did the King do?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)