|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gregory see in the darkness?
(a) His eyes have adapted.
(b) With a flashlight.
(c) With a glowstick
(d) With a candle.
2. What does Roscuro tell Botticelli he wants to do?
(a) Move to another dungeon.
(b) Let someone else torture the prisoner.
(c) Leave the dungeon for ever.
(d) Go upstairs into the light.
3. What do the threadmaster and Despereaux have in common?
(a) They both like music.
(b) They have the same father.
(c) They both enjoy reading.
(d) They both think the Princess is beautiful.
4. What does the jailer show Despereaux?
(a) A pile of bones.
(b) A pile of love letters.
(c) A pile of spoons, kettle and soup bowls.
(d) A pile of old photographs.
5. What did the Pea announce when her father finished playing and singing?
(a) That she wanted to rid the castle of cats.
(b) That she wanted to save Despereaux.
(c) That she was going to keep Despereaux.
(d) That she wanted to find a friend for Despereaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many mice has Gregory saved before Despereaux?
2. What does Despereaux begin by reciting?
3. What does Roscuro find on the floor?
4. Which rat was born in the dungeon several years before Despereaux was born?
5. Why does Gregory save Despereaux?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miggery do in the castle?
2. When Despereaux faints, what does he wake up to see?
3. What is the crime that led to the new prisoner being brought down to the dungeon?
4. What is Miggery Sow's life like with the man her father sold her to?
5. Why does Roscuro give up?
6. What does Despereaux see after he grabs hold of Botticelli's tail and is led through the dungeon?
7. Why is Miggery not nearly as disturbed by the dungeon as most others are?
8. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
9. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
10. What happens when the soldiers come to Uncle's house?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)