|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Princess sees him and calls out, what does Roscuro realize?
(a) That he does not want to be a rat.
(b) That he is revered upstairs.
(c) That no one will love him upstairs.
(d) That he does no belong upstairs.
2. Where does Gregory put Despereaux?
(a) On a shelf.
(b) On top of a bowl.
(c) On his bed.
(d) Up against his ear.
3. Why does a piece of red string get tied around Despereaux's neck?
(a) To mark him as a condemned mouse.
(b) To remember his family by.
(c) To be used as a portable sewing kit.
(d) So he can use it to find his way in the dark.
4. What did the Pea announce when her father finished playing and singing?
(a) That she wanted to rid the castle of cats.
(b) That she was going to keep Despereaux.
(c) That she wanted to find a friend for Despereaux.
(d) That she wanted to save Despereaux.
5. What did Furlough not see the Princess do?
(a) Invite Despereaux to dinner.
(b) Kiss Despereaux.
(c) Take Despereaux to her private quarters.
(d) Pick Despereaux up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Despereaux's destiny?
2. What does Despereaux begin by reciting?
3. What does Roscuro climb to?
4. What does the beating of the drum tell the Mouse Council members?
5. What happens when he realizes this truth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Mouse Council?
2. What is the crime that led to the new prisoner being brought down to the dungeon?
3. What fascination does Roscuro develop even though he is told it is not proper?
4. How does Despereaux's behavior get him into trouble?
5. In what ways do Despereaux's siblings attempt to educate him on how to be a mouse?
6. What other crime did the prisoner admit to committing for which he was never caught or punished?
7. When Despereaux faints, what does he wake up to see?
8. How did the mice get to the dungeon?
9. How does Antoinette react as the last of her babies is being taken to the dungeon?
10. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)