|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does he fall to?
(a) Onto the goal post.
(b) Into the Queen's soup.
(c) Into the King's dinner.
(d) Into the Princess's lap.
2. How long has Gregory been in the dungeon?
(a) Six months or so.
(b) Five or six years, he isn't exactly sure.
(c) For decades, for centuries, for eons, for eternities.
(d) Two years.
3. What does Gregory call the dungeon?
(a) The darkest place in the universe.
(b) The treacherous dark heart of the world.
(c) The last place on earth.
(d) The most dangerous place in the world.
4. What decision does Roscuro make at that moment?
(a) That he will never come back upstairs again.
(b) That he will never go back downstairs.
(c) That he belongs in the dark.
(d) That he will have revenge and something beautiful.
5. Where does the Mouse Council want to send Despereaux?
(a) To another colony.
(b) To the Princess.
(c) To the King.
(d) To the dungeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much thread does the threadmaster use?
2. Why does Despereaux tell the jailer he cannot die?
3. What incredible thing happens when the Princess smiles at Despereaux?
4. What does Despereaux say to the Princess before the King makes him leave?
5. What does Despereaux do in the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the jailer tell Despereaux that he definitely does not want to be let go in this place?
2. Why was the killing of rats unsuccessful, and what did the King do?
3. Why does Despereaux refuse to renounce his actions in front of the Mouse Council?
4. What is the vote taken by the Mouse Council and what are the results?
5. How did the mice get to the dungeon?
6. In what ways do Despereaux's siblings attempt to educate him on how to be a mouse?
7. What does Roscuro discover when he works up the courage to go upstairs into the light?
8. What happens when the King orders that all of the rats be killed?
9. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
10. How does the King respond to the Princess when she declares that she intends to keep Despereaux and that she believes that they will be best friends?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)