Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Despereaux's last name?
2. What does Despereaux believe his duty is?
(a) To be in love.
(b) To serve the Princess.
(c) To live.
(d) To survive the rats.
3. What do the guards tell Antoinette will happen to her son?
(a) He will become an albino.
(b) The rats will eat him.
(c) He will be a slave.
(d) He will starve to death.
4. What did the Pea announce when her father finished playing and singing?
(a) That she wanted to find a friend for Despereaux.
(b) That she wanted to rid the castle of cats.
(c) That she was going to keep Despereaux.
(d) That she wanted to save Despereaux.
5. What is Despereaux's father's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does perfidy mean?
2. What is the last of the great, ancient rules of mice?
3. On what day does Roscuro leave the dungeon to go into the light of the castle?
4. How does Despereaux describe the sound he hears?
5. What does Roscuro do that gets him into trouble with Gregory?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the King respond to the Princess when she declares that she intends to keep Despereaux and that she believes that they will be best friends?
2. What is the job of the threadmaster?
3. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
4. How does Roscuro introduce himself to Miggery and what does he tell her?
5. What happens when the King orders that all of the rats be killed?
6. What happens while Despereaux sleeps on the sack of flour?
7. How is Despereaux injured, despite Mig's attempt to ensure his freedom?
8. When the King refuses to believe Despereaux, what does he do?
9. What is the purpose of the Mouse Council?
10. What does Despereaux do in the all encompassing darkness to make himself feel brave?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)