|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Despereaux do instead of searching for food like the rest?
(a) He explored.
(b) He read.
(c) He slept.
(d) He listened to the music.
2. What does Botticelli do when the door opens to admit a prisoner?
(a) He runs into the darkness.
(b) He runs to get Roscuro.
(c) He runs to get Gregory.
(d) He looks away from the light at the door.
3. What is Despereaux's last name?
4. What do stories do for Gregory?
(a) Teach him to read.
(b) Make light.
(c) Help him see.
(d) Distract him.
5. What does Despereaux's mother put on in honor of her youngest mouse being taken to the dungeon?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A black veil.
(c) A new hat.
(d) A tremendous amount of makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does perfidy mean?
2. Why does Antoinette want no more babies?
3. What two reasons make the dungeon so dangerous?
4. On what day does Roscuro leave the dungeon to go into the light of the castle?
5. What do the threadmaster and Despereaux have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Princess begins to cry?
2. What causes Despereaux to fall in love with the Princess?
3. What does the threadmaster ask Despereaux as he is doing his job?
4. What is the crime that led to the new prisoner being brought down to the dungeon?
5. What fascination does Roscuro develop even though he is told it is not proper?
6. What is the purpose of the Mouse Council?
7. What is the outcome of Chiaroscuro's trip into the light?
8. How does Despereaux's behavior get him into trouble?
9. What is ironic about the name that Roscuro is given when he is born?
10. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)