|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the threadmaster and Despereaux have in common?
(a) They both enjoy reading.
(b) They both like music.
(c) They both think the Princess is beautiful.
(d) They have the same father.
2. What does Roscuro do that gets him into trouble with Gregory?
(a) He chews on his rope.
(b) He takes all the stuffing.
(c) He steals food.
(d) He bites Gregory's shoes.
3. Who does Lester call?
(a) The King.
(b) The Mouse Council.
(c) His family.
(d) The Princess.
4. What does Despereaux begin by reciting?
(a) There once was a mouse named Despereaux....
(b) If I were a rich mouse.................
(c) Once upon a time....
(d) While the cat is away.......
5. What does Roscuro offer to do?
(a) Take the cloth to ease the man's burden.
(b) Take a message to his daughter.
(c) Listen to any other confessionals.
(d) Take a message to his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrived at the castle on the same evening?
2. What does Roscuro tell Botticelli he wants to do?
3. What does Gregory do?
4. Who does Despereaux recognize as one of the guards?
5. What is the first thing Despereax notices about the dungeon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King do after his beloved Queen dies?
2. When Despereaux faints, what does he wake up to see?
3. What happens when the Princess begins to cry?
4. What is the outcome of Chiaroscuro's trip into the light?
5. What happens when the King orders that all of the rats be killed?
6. What does the threadmaster ask Despereaux as he is doing his job?
7. Why was the killing of rats unsuccessful, and what did the King do?
8. What is the job of the threadmaster?
9. What is ironic about the name that Roscuro is given when he is born?
10. What other crime did the prisoner admit to committing for which he was never caught or punished?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)