|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Despereaux do instead of searching for food like the rest?
(a) He slept.
(b) He read.
(c) He explored.
(d) He listened to the music.
2. How does Gregory see in the darkness?
(a) With a flashlight.
(b) His eyes have adapted.
(c) With a candle.
(d) With a glowstick
3. What is the name of the kingdom?
(a) The Kingdom of More.
(b) The Kingdom of Score.
(c) The Kingdom of Dor.
(d) The Kingdom of Four.
4. What does Despereaux want before the guards lead him to the dungeon?
(a) A last meal.
(b) A last word with the Princess.
(c) A change of clothes.
(d) A piece of cheese.
5. What broke Roscuro's heart?
(a) The way the King cried for his wife.
(b) The look the Princess gave him.
(c) That he would never be welcome in the light.
(d) That he would not be a guest at the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Other than ridiculous, how is love described in this tale?
2. What happens to Roscuro as a result of seeing the light from the match?
3. What does Despereaux say to the Princess before the King makes him leave?
4. Who does Despereaux reveal himself to?
5. What does Despereaux believe his duty is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the basic rules of being a mouse that Despereaux breaks when he hears the music?
2. What other crime did the prisoner admit to committing for which he was never caught or punished?
3. Why was the killing of rats unsuccessful, and what did the King do?
4. How does Despereaux's behavior get him into trouble?
5. How did the mice get to the dungeon?
6. How does Antoinette react as the last of her babies is being taken to the dungeon?
7. What is the first thing that Despereaux is aware of after he is pushed down the dungeon steps by Furlough and the second guard?
8. Why does Despereaux refuse to renounce his actions in front of the Mouse Council?
9. Why does the jailer tell Despereaux that he definitely does not want to be let go in this place?
10. What is the purpose of the Mouse Council?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)