|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Despereax notices about the dungeon?
(a) The water.
(b) The odd sounds.
(c) The thick walls.
(d) The bad smell.
2. What is the last of the great, ancient rules of mice?
(a) Never touch humans.
(b) Never speak to humans.
(c) Never reveal a mouse's house to a human.
(d) Never allow humans to touch a mouse.
3. What does the jailer show Despereaux?
(a) A pile of spoons, kettle and soup bowls.
(b) A pile of old photographs.
(c) A pile of love letters.
(d) A pile of bones.
4. Why does Gregory save Despereaux?
(a) Because of his big ears.
(b) Because Gregory is lonely.
(c) Because he can tell stories.
(d) Because he spoke of love.
5. What is Despereaux's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roscuro tell Botticelli he wants to do?
2. What is Despereaux's destiny?
3. What part of Despereaux is complimented by the first human he meets?
4. What did Furlough not see the Princess do?
5. What does the light do to Roscuro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Despereaux suddenly find unbearable, and what does he ask the guards?
2. What happens when the cook sees a mouse in the kitchen?
3. What happens to Miggery Sow after her mother dies?
4. What is the purpose of the Mouse Council?
5. What happens when the soldiers come to Uncle's house?
6. Why does Roscuro give up?
7. When does Mig dig in and refuse to help?
8. What is the crime that led to the new prisoner being brought down to the dungeon?
9. When Despereaux faints, what does he wake up to see?
10. What is ironic about the name that Roscuro is given when he is born?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)