|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the man like giving Mig?
(a) Fine clothes to wear.
(b) A good clout to the ear.
(c) Baubles for her hair.
(d) A good spanking on occasion.
2. What does Botticelli really intend to do with Despereaux?
(a) Make friends with him.
(b) Eat him.
(c) Introduce him to his friends.
(d) Use him to torture the Princess.
3. What does the Princess say to Despereaux?
(a) You are a Prince.
(b) You are a true gentleman.
(c) You are the bravest mouse I've ever seen.
(d) You are my knight with a shining needle.
4. What is Roscuro's last name?
5. What does Mig remind the Princess?
(a) That they have no weapons.
(b) That they are friends now.
(c) That soup is illegal.
(d) That they can't find their way out.
6. What is in her right pocket?
(a) A rat with a spoon and a cape.
(b) A book about royalty.
(c) A locket.
(d) A red napkin.
7. What do Mig's ears begin to resemble?
8. How does Despereaux make some light as he goes down into the dungeon?
(a) He tells himself a story.
(b) He practices with his needle sword.
(c) He thinks about the Princess.
(d) He sings himself a song.
9. What didn't Mig's father do when he left her?
(a) Make a promise to her.
(b) Look back.
(c) Say goodbye.
(d) Give her a hug.
10. Why couldn't Mig work as a chambermaid?
(a) She wasn't a good cleaner.
(b) She wasn't fast enough.
(c) She was too plump.
(d) She couldn't get past how beautiful it all was.
11. Why does Boticelli agree to help Despereaux?
(a) To redeem himself and his breed.
(b) To show Roscuro how to behave.
(c) To stay any possible execution by the King's men.
(d) To torture him.
12. Who is the Princess dreaming about when Mig approaches?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
13. What does Roscuro tell Mig the Princess will get?
(a) Her royal desserts.
(b) Her just desserts.
(c) Her divine comeuppance.
(d) Her perfect place.
14. What does Roscuro do first in his plan?
(a) He tells Mig about his plans.
(b) He chews through Gregory's rope.
(c) He finds the room the Princess is in.
(d) He finds a place to hide, upstairs.
15. What does the cook want Mig to do with Despereaux?
(a) Put him outside.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Take him back to the dungeon.
(d) Trap him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does 'Uncle' wear to mock her?
2. What does Despereaux see on the way to where the Princess is held.
3. Why does Roscuro get frustrated?
4. As the years pass, what does Mig hope?
5. What is the threadmaster's name?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)