|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Boticelli agree to help Despereaux?
(a) To redeem himself and his breed.
(b) To show Roscuro how to behave.
(c) To torture him.
(d) To stay any possible execution by the King's men.
2. What are the King's men sent out to collect?
(a) All bowls
(b) Kettles, spoons and bowls.
(c) All soup pots.
(d) All cutlery.
3. Who's food does Mig finally get told to deliver?
(a) The serving staff.
(b) The King's.
(c) The Princess's.
4. What does the Princess say to Despereaux?
(a) You are a Prince.
(b) You are my knight with a shining needle.
(c) You are the bravest mouse I've ever seen.
(d) You are a true gentleman.
5. Why couldn't Mig be a lady in waiting?
(a) She isn't tall enough.
(b) She was caught trying on the gown of a duchess.
(c) She isn't pretty enough.
(d) She has no experience.
6. What do the rats want Roscuro to do?
(a) Leave the dungeon.
(b) Give Mig to them.
(c) Give the Princess to them.
(d) Hand over the mousie.
7. Who is the Princess dreaming about when Mig approaches?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
8. What do Mig's ears begin to resemble?
9. What does Mig cut off with the large knife?
(a) Despereaux's ear.
(b) Despereaux's leg.
(c) Despereaux's arm.
(d) Despereaux's tail.
10. What does Mig have in her left pocket?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A knife.
(c) A rat with a spoon and a cape.
(d) A locket.
11. What does Mig actually do to Roscuro?
(a) She slices his foot.
(b) She cuts off his tail.
(c) She slashes his arm.
(d) She cuts off his nose.
12. What does Gregory whisper to Despereaux as he wraps him in his napkin and puts him on his dinner tray?
(a) Up to the kitchen.
(b) Back to the light.
(c) You are free my friend.
(d) Back to your family.
13. What does Roscuro smell on Despereaux's whiskers?
14. What does Despereaux do with the needle?
(a) Points it at Roscuro's heart and tells him not to move.
(b) Gives it to Mig.
(c) Drops it on the dungeon floor.
(d) Gives it to the Princess.
15. What is the Princess making?
(a) A cape.
(b) A new tablecloth.
(c) A tapestry of the history of the world.
(d) A dress for the ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Despereaux run and hide?
2. What dark things are in Pea's heart?
3. Where does Roscuro stand when he talks to Pea?
4. What does Mig decide she wants to be someday?
5. What does the Princess ask Mig?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)