|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's food does Mig finally get told to deliver?
(a) The King's.
(b) The Princess's.
(c) The serving staff.
2. As the years pass, what does Mig hope?
(a) To find her place in life.
(b) To earn a way to the castle.
(c) To be with father again.
(d) To see the Princess again.
3. Where does Despereaux run and hide?
(a) Under the covers.
(b) In the waste bin.
(c) In the pantry.
(d) In the dungeon.
4. What is in her right pocket?
(a) A rat with a spoon and a cape.
(b) A book about royalty.
(c) A locket.
(d) A red napkin.
5. Why does Pea tell them she cannot be threatened?
(a) Her father will find ou.
(b) She is a Princess.
(c) She has guards in the castle.
(d) Mig would never hurt her.
6. What does Roscuro do when Despereaux arrives to save the Princess?
(a) Roscuro threatens to eat Despereaux.
(b) Roscuro bares his teeth and blocks his way.
(c) Roscuro threatens to put Despereaux in chains.
(d) Roscuro gathers other rat friends to help him defend against Despereaux.
7. Who is inside the knight's armor in Despereaux's dream?
(c) No one.
8. What does Mig drop into the pound cake?
(a) Egg shells.
(b) A serving spoon.
(c) An onion.
(d) A ring.
9. What does Mig cut off with the large knife?
(a) Despereaux's arm.
(b) Despereaux's leg.
(c) Despereaux's tail.
(d) Despereaux's ear.
10. What expression does Mig use before almost every sentence?
11. What does Botticelli call Roscuro?
(a) A prince among rats.
(b) A miserable excuse for a rat.
(c) A genius rat.
(d) A mouse in rat's fur.
12. What did Miggery's father get when he sold her in the marketplace?
(a) A hen, a handful of cigarettes and a red tablecloth.
(b) Three hens, a handful of red napkins and a cigarette.
(c) Six hens, a yellow tablecloth and a package of cigarettes.
(d) Two hens, a cigarette and a red napkin.
13. What choice is 'Uncle' given?
(a) To help with collections or go to the dungeon.
(b) To serve the King or go to the dungeon.
(c) To apologize or be given a good clout.
(d) To hand over his girl, and soup kettle, spoons and bowls or go to the dungeon.
14. When did Miggery Sow's mother die?
(a) When she was four.
(b) When she was eight.
(c) When she was six.
(d) When she was five.
15. What does Despereaux see on the way to where the Princess is held.
(a) Tufts of fur, bits of red thread and mouse bones.
(b) Gregory's blanket.
(c) People chained to the walls.
(d) Rat holes on both sides of the hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Despereaux weep?
2. What does Mig actually do to Roscuro?
3. What do the soldiers do with Mig?
4. What does Roscuro smell on Despereaux's whiskers?
5. What does the man who owns Mig tell her that he wishes?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)