|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mig cut off with the large knife?
(a) Despereaux's ear.
(b) Despereaux's tail.
(c) Despereaux's leg.
(d) Despereaux's arm.
2. Why does Pea tell them she cannot be threatened?
(a) She has guards in the castle.
(b) Mig would never hurt her.
(c) Her father will find ou.
(d) She is a Princess.
3. What does Mig ask her to wear?
(a) Her best necklace.
(b) Her crown.
(c) Her pearl handled hair combs.
(d) Her royal rings.
4. Who's food does Mig finally get told to deliver?
(a) The King's.
(b) The Princess's.
(c) The serving staff.
5. What expression does Mig use before almost every sentence?
6. Why couldn't Mig work as a chambermaid?
(a) She wasn't fast enough.
(b) She was too plump.
(c) She couldn't get past how beautiful it all was.
(d) She wasn't a good cleaner.
7. How old are both the Princess and Mig now?
8. What does the Princess ask Mig?
(a) How long she has been alone.
(b) What she really wants.
(c) How she would punish Botticelli.
(d) What she would do if she was the Princess.
9. What job is Mig given on her first day?
(a) Take a sewing needle to the cook.
(b) Take a spool of thread to the princess.
(c) Take out the garbage.
(d) Take lunch to the dining room.
10. What does Mig tell the Princess she really wants?
(a) Her ma.
(b) Her cat.
(c) Her home.
(d) Her pa.
11. What happens when Mig tries to curtsy?
(a) She falls over.
(b) She falls into the Princess.
(c) She scares the Princess.
(d) She loses the thread.
12. What is the threadmaster's name?
13. How does Despereaux make some light as he goes down into the dungeon?
(a) He practices with his needle sword.
(b) He sings himself a song.
(c) He tells himself a story.
(d) He thinks about the Princess.
14. What does Cook offer Despereaux?
(a) A saucer full of soup.
(b) A saucer of milk.
(c) A hand with the spool of thread.
(d) A chunk of cheese.
15. What does the cook tell Mig she still must do?
(a) Wash the walls.
(b) Sweep the floor.
(c) Clear the tray.
(d) Wash the dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man who owns Mig tell her that he wishes?
2. Where is Mig supposed to take the Princess?
3. Where does Despereaux run and hide?
4. What do the soldiers do with Mig?
5. What does Botticelli really intend to do with Despereaux?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)