|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gregory whisper to Despereaux as he wraps him in his napkin and puts him on his dinner tray?
(a) Up to the kitchen.
(b) Back to the light.
(c) Back to your family.
(d) You are free my friend.
2. What does Mig tell the Princess she really wants?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her pa.
(c) Her ma.
(d) Her cat.
3. What is Roscuro's last name?
4. What does Mig call the man who bought her?
5. Who does Despereaux find in the Princess's chambers?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The King.
(c) The Princess.
(d) The Mouse Council.
6. What does 'Uncle' wear to mock her?
(a) A tablespoon on his nose.
(b) A kettle on his head.
(c) A tablecloth cape.
(d) A bowl on his head.
7. What does the Princess ask Roscuro?
(a) If he wants his freedom.
(b) If he'd like some soup.
(c) If he'd like to live upstairs.
(d) If he'd make a deal with them.
8. What does the Princess say to Despereaux?
(a) You are my knight with a shining needle.
(b) You are the bravest mouse I've ever seen.
(c) You are a true gentleman.
(d) You are a Prince.
9. What does Mig cut off with the large knife?
(a) Despereaux's leg.
(b) Despereaux's arm.
(c) Despereaux's ear.
(d) Despereaux's tail.
10. What is Mig's new job?
(a) A lady in waiting.
(b) A dungeon maid.
(c) A castle servant.
(d) A server.
11. What does the soldier tell 'Uncle' is against the law?
(a) To bad mouth the king or his policy.
(b) To own so many sheep.
(c) To own another human being.
(d) To hit the girl he owns.
12. Why does Boticelli agree to help Despereaux?
(a) To stay any possible execution by the King's men.
(b) To torture him.
(c) To show Roscuro how to behave.
(d) To redeem himself and his breed.
13. Why couldn't Mig work as a chambermaid?
(a) She was too plump.
(b) She wasn't a good cleaner.
(c) She couldn't get past how beautiful it all was.
(d) She wasn't fast enough.
14. What is the Princess making?
(a) A dress for the ball.
(b) A cape.
(c) A tapestry of the history of the world.
(d) A new tablecloth.
15. What does Roscuro ask Despereaux to do?
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Show him where the soup is.
(c) Bring him some soup too.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mig chain the Princess up as Roscuro tells her to?
2. What does the Princess ask Mig?
3. What does Mig have in her left pocket?
4. What makes Despereaux weep?
5. What does Roscuro tell Mig about?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)