|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roscuro want Pea to dress in?
(a) Mig's peasant dress.
(b) Her traveling clothes.
(c) The gown she wore at the banquet.
(d) Her royal robe.
2. Why couldn't Mig be a lady in waiting?
(a) She has no experience.
(b) She isn't pretty enough.
(c) She isn't tall enough.
(d) She was caught trying on the gown of a duchess.
3. What does the smell remind Roscuro of?
(a) Of his trip to the light.
(b) Of all that will never be available to him as a rat.
(c) Of how things used to be.
(d) Of his love for soup.
4. What does Cook hear in the kitchen?
(a) Louise to stop her from making the soup.
(b) A guard coming to arrest her for making soup.
(c) Despereaux moving the spool of threat across the floor.
(d) The King coming to see what Cook is doing.
5. What does Roscuro smell on Despereaux's whiskers?
6. When Despereaux wakes the next morning, what does he realize he has to do?
(a) Save the Princess.
(b) Find Gregory.
(c) See the King.
(d) Find Furlough.
7. What do the soldiers do with Mig?
(a) They give her a new coat.
(b) They take her to the castle.
(c) They set her free.
(d) They send her to her father.
8. Why does Boticelli agree to help Despereaux?
(a) To show Roscuro how to behave.
(b) To redeem himself and his breed.
(c) To stay any possible execution by the King's men.
(d) To torture him.
9. What is the name of the head of the serving staff?
(c) Mary Beth.
10. What happens to the thread?
(a) Botticelli steals it from him.
(b) Despereaux loses it on the stairs as it falls ahead of him.
(c) Despereaux can't find it in the kitchen after the soup.
(d) The threadmaster wants it back.
11. What does Mig want Despereaux to do?
(a) Sit still.
(d) Climb onto her hand.
12. What is the threadmaster's name?
13. What does Roscuro do when Despereaux arrives to save the Princess?
(a) Roscuro gathers other rat friends to help him defend against Despereaux.
(b) Roscuro threatens to eat Despereaux.
(c) Roscuro bares his teeth and blocks his way.
(d) Roscuro threatens to put Despereaux in chains.
14. What do Mig's ears begin to resemble?
15. Who does Despereaux find in the Princess's chambers?
(a) The Mouse Council.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Princess.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Princess want Despereaux to do?
2. What does Botticelli claim to love?
3. What does Roscuro ask her to do when she begins talking?
4. As the years pass, what does Mig hope?
5. What does Despereaux dream of?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)