|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cook want Mig to do with Despereaux?
(a) Take him back to the dungeon.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Put him outside.
(d) Trap him.
2. Who is the Princess dreaming about when Mig approaches?
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
3. What expression does Mig use before almost every sentence?
4. What does the cook tell Mig she still must do?
(a) Wash the walls.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Sweep the floor.
(d) Clear the tray.
5. When Despereaux wakes the next morning, what does he realize he has to do?
(a) Find Gregory.
(b) Save the Princess.
(c) See the King.
(d) Find Furlough.
6. What does Despereaux hold onto as Botticelli takes him deep into the dungeon?
(a) Botticelli's shirt tail.
(b) Botticelli's coat tail.
(c) Botticelli's tail.
(d) Botticelli's hand.
7. Where does Roscuro stand when he talks to Pea?
(a) On Mig's shoulder.
(b) In Mig's pocket.
(c) On Pea's bed.
(d) On the nightstand.
8. What does Roscuro smell on Despereaux's whiskers?
9. What makes Despereaux weep?
(a) Love and friendship, loss and loneliness.
(b) Fear and disappointment, nausea and loss.
(c) The loss of his tail.
(d) Exhaustion, despair and hope, joy and pain, gratitude.
10. Where does Mig go that night?
(a) To the library.
(b) To the dining hall.
(c) To the dungeon.
(d) Up to the Princess's room.
11. Who does Mig see on her seventh birthday?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) The Royal family.
(d) Her father.
12. What does she carry in her hand?
(a) A knife.
(b) A candle.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A ladle.
13. What is Mig's new job?
(a) A dungeon maid.
(b) A server.
(c) A castle servant.
(d) A lady in waiting.
14. What is in her right pocket?
(a) A locket.
(b) A red napkin.
(c) A book about royalty.
(d) A rat with a spoon and a cape.
15. What does the smell remind Roscuro of?
(a) Of how things used to be.
(b) Of his trip to the light.
(c) Of all that will never be available to him as a rat.
(d) Of his love for soup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mig decide she wants to be someday?
2. What was the King dreaming as Pea is led down to the dungeon?
3. Why doesn't Mig chain the Princess up as Roscuro tells her to?
4. What does Roscuro do when Despereaux arrives to save the Princess?
5. What do the rats want Roscuro to do?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)