|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Princess ask Mig?
(a) How she would punish Botticelli.
(b) What she really wants.
(c) How long she has been alone.
(d) What she would do if she was the Princess.
2. What do Mig's ears begin to resemble?
3. Who's food does Mig finally get told to deliver?
(a) The serving staff.
(b) The King's.
(d) The Princess's.
4. Who does Despereaux find in the Princess's chambers?
(a) The Princess.
(b) The King.
(c) The Mouse Council.
(d) The Queen.
5. What did the man like giving Mig?
(a) A good spanking on occasion.
(b) Baubles for her hair.
(c) A good clout to the ear.
(d) Fine clothes to wear.
6. What does Mig decide she wants to be someday?
(a) A mother.
(b) A princess.
(c) A queen.
(d) A wife.
7. What was the King dreaming as Pea is led down to the dungeon?
(a) That the royal family was out for a ride through the Kingdom.
(b) That they were entertaining in the banquet hall.
(c) That the queen was a bird with green and gold feathers.
(d) That he and the queen were having soup.
8. What does Despereaux see on the way to where the Princess is held.
(a) Rat holes on both sides of the hall.
(b) People chained to the walls.
(c) Tufts of fur, bits of red thread and mouse bones.
(d) Gregory's blanket.
9. What does Mig want Despereaux to do?
(b) Sit still.
(c) Climb onto her hand.
10. Why doesn't Mig chain the Princess up as Roscuro tells her to?
(a) Because Roscuro laughs at her.
(b) Because Roscuro tells her she will never succeed.
(c) Because Roscuro doesn't hold up his end of the agreement.
(d) Because Mig has a change of heart.
11. What is the threadmaster's name?
12. What does Despereaux hold onto as Botticelli takes him deep into the dungeon?
(a) Botticelli's tail.
(b) Botticelli's hand.
(c) Botticelli's coat tail.
(d) Botticelli's shirt tail.
13. What happens to the thread?
(a) The threadmaster wants it back.
(b) Botticelli steals it from him.
(c) Despereaux can't find it in the kitchen after the soup.
(d) Despereaux loses it on the stairs as it falls ahead of him.
14. What are the King's men sent out to collect?
(a) Kettles, spoons and bowls.
(b) All bowls
(c) All cutlery.
(d) All soup pots.
15. What does the cook tell Mig she still must do?
(a) Wash the dishes.
(b) Clear the tray.
(c) Sweep the floor.
(d) Wash the walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Despereaux weep?
2. What does Mig remind the Princess?
3. What does the Princess want Despereaux to do?
4. What does 'Uncle' wear to mock her?
5. What dark things are in Pea's heart?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)