|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Despereaux make some light as he goes down into the dungeon?
(a) He thinks about the Princess.
(b) He tells himself a story.
(c) He practices with his needle sword.
(d) He sings himself a song.
2. What choice is 'Uncle' given?
(a) To apologize or be given a good clout.
(b) To hand over his girl, and soup kettle, spoons and bowls or go to the dungeon.
(c) To serve the King or go to the dungeon.
(d) To help with collections or go to the dungeon.
3. What is the threadmaster's name?
4. Who does Despereaux find in the Princess's chambers?
(a) The Mouse Council.
(b) The King.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Princess.
5. Why does Boticelli agree to help Despereaux?
(a) To redeem himself and his breed.
(b) To torture him.
(c) To show Roscuro how to behave.
(d) To stay any possible execution by the King's men.
6. Why does Pea tell them she cannot be threatened?
(a) Mig would never hurt her.
(b) She has guards in the castle.
(c) Her father will find ou.
(d) She is a Princess.
7. What does the soldier tell 'Uncle' is against the law?
(a) To hit the girl he owns.
(b) To own another human being.
(c) To bad mouth the king or his policy.
(d) To own so many sheep.
8. What does Roscuro ask Despereaux to do?
(a) Bring him some soup too.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Show him where the soup is.
(d) Leave him alone.
9. What does Roscuro do first in his plan?
(a) He finds the room the Princess is in.
(b) He finds a place to hide, upstairs.
(c) He tells Mig about his plans.
(d) He chews through Gregory's rope.
10. Who is inside the knight's armor in Despereaux's dream?
(d) No one.
11. Who does Mig see on her seventh birthday?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The Royal family.
12. When Despereaux wakes the next morning, what does he realize he has to do?
(a) See the King.
(b) Find Furlough.
(c) Save the Princess.
(d) Find Gregory.
13. What was the King dreaming as Pea is led down to the dungeon?
(a) That they were entertaining in the banquet hall.
(b) That the royal family was out for a ride through the Kingdom.
(c) That the queen was a bird with green and gold feathers.
(d) That he and the queen were having soup.
14. What does Mig actually do to Roscuro?
(a) She cuts off his tail.
(b) She slices his foot.
(c) She slashes his arm.
(d) She cuts off his nose.
15. What does the Princess say to Despereaux?
(a) You are a true gentleman.
(b) You are the bravest mouse I've ever seen.
(c) You are my knight with a shining needle.
(d) You are a Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mig want Despereaux to do?
2. What does the Princess ask Mig?
3. Why doesn't Mig chain the Princess up as Roscuro tells her to?
4. What happens when Mig tries to curtsy?
5. What does Despereaux do with the needle?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)