|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roscuro do first in his plan?
(a) He finds the room the Princess is in.
(b) He tells Mig about his plans.
(c) He finds a place to hide, upstairs.
(d) He chews through Gregory's rope.
2. Who is inside the knight's armor in Despereaux's dream?
(d) No one.
3. What does Roscuro want Pea to dress in?
(a) Her traveling clothes.
(b) Her royal robe.
(c) Mig's peasant dress.
(d) The gown she wore at the banquet.
4. What is the Princess suddenly aware of?
(a) How tough Despereaux is.
(b) How fragile Roscuro is.
(c) How fragile her heart is.
(d) How smart Mig is underneath it all.
5. What is in her right pocket?
(a) A rat with a spoon and a cape.
(b) A book about royalty.
(c) A locket.
(d) A red napkin.
6. What does Cook offer Despereaux?
(a) A saucer full of soup.
(b) A saucer of milk.
(c) A hand with the spool of thread.
(d) A chunk of cheese.
7. What does the cook tell Mig she still must do?
(a) Wash the dishes.
(b) Sweep the floor.
(c) Wash the walls.
(d) Clear the tray.
8. What does the Princess ask Roscuro?
(a) If he'd like some soup.
(b) If he'd make a deal with them.
(c) If he wants his freedom.
(d) If he'd like to live upstairs.
9. Why is Mig not supposed to hurt the Princess?
(a) So the Princess can be her lady in waiting.
(b) So the Princess won' t yell.
(c) So the Princess can watch Roscuro's revenge.
(d) So the Princess can be punished.
10. What is the name of the head of the serving staff?
(d) Mary Beth.
11. How old are both the Princess and Mig now?
12. What does the soldier tell 'Uncle' is against the law?
(a) To own another human being.
(b) To own so many sheep.
(c) To hit the girl he owns.
(d) To bad mouth the king or his policy.
13. Why couldn't Mig work as a chambermaid?
(a) She wasn't fast enough.
(b) She was too plump.
(c) She couldn't get past how beautiful it all was.
(d) She wasn't a good cleaner.
14. What does Mig ask her to wear?
(a) Her best necklace.
(b) Her royal rings.
(c) Her pearl handled hair combs.
(d) Her crown.
15. What does Roscuro smell on Despereaux's whiskers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cook hear in the kitchen?
2. What does Louise never do?
3. Where is Mig supposed to take the Princess?
4. What does Despereaux hold onto as Botticelli takes him deep into the dungeon?
5. What does Despereaux fall into when the cook gives the napkin a shake?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)