|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Princess ask Roscuro?
(a) If he'd like some soup.
(b) If he'd like to live upstairs.
(c) If he wants his freedom.
(d) If he'd make a deal with them.
2. What does the man who owns Mig tell her that he wishes?
(a) That he could put her to work.
(b) That he had another daughter like her.
(c) That he'd never bought her.
(d) That he could find her father.
3. What is Roscuro's last name?
4. What does the cook want Mig to do with Despereaux?
(a) Put him outside.
(b) Trap him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Take him back to the dungeon.
5. What does Botticelli claim to love?
(a) The idea that a fight might break out.
(b) The sight of the Princess in the dungeon.
(c) When mice come to the dungeon.
(d) When mice and rats fight.
6. What happens when Mig tries to curtsy?
(a) She scares the Princess.
(b) She falls into the Princess.
(c) She loses the thread.
(d) She falls over.
7. What does Mig call the Royal family?
(a) Pretty people.
(b) The Beautiful.
(c) The Perfect People.
(d) Human stars.
8. What does Mig want to wear?
(a) A crown.
(b) The royal gems.
(c) A royal cape.
(d) A royal gown.
9. What does Roscuro ask her to do when she begins talking?
(b) Be quiet.
10. What do the rats want Roscuro to do?
(a) Leave the dungeon.
(b) Give the Princess to them.
(c) Give Mig to them.
(d) Hand over the mousie.
11. What does Mig decide she wants to be someday?
(a) A wife.
(b) A queen.
(c) A mother.
(d) A princess.
12. How does Despereaux make some light as he goes down into the dungeon?
(a) He thinks about the Princess.
(b) He sings himself a song.
(c) He practices with his needle sword.
(d) He tells himself a story.
13. Why couldn't Mig work as a chambermaid?
(a) She wasn't a good cleaner.
(b) She couldn't get past how beautiful it all was.
(c) She wasn't fast enough.
(d) She was too plump.
14. What does the smell remind Roscuro of?
(a) Of his trip to the light.
(b) Of all that will never be available to him as a rat.
(c) Of his love for soup.
(d) Of how things used to be.
15. What color is the Princess's horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mig supposed to take the Princess?
2. What does Despereaux see on the way to where the Princess is held.
3. What does 'Uncle' wear to mock her?
4. Why does Roscuro claim to have brought the Princess downstairs?
5. What does Roscuro want Pea to dress in?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)