|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Roscuro claim to have brought the Princess downstairs?
(a) So he could be closer to her.
(b) So she could bring him soup.
(c) So he could have some light of his own.
(d) So she could help him trade his way out of the dungeon.
2. What job is Mig given on her first day?
(a) Take out the garbage.
(b) Take a spool of thread to the princess.
(c) Take a sewing needle to the cook.
(d) Take lunch to the dining room.
3. What does Roscuro smell on Despereaux's whiskers?
4. Who is inside the knight's armor in Despereaux's dream?
(c) No one.
5. Where does Mig go that night?
(a) To the dining hall.
(b) To the dungeon.
(c) To the library.
(d) Up to the Princess's room.
6. What does the Princess ask Roscuro?
(a) If he'd like some soup.
(b) If he wants his freedom.
(c) If he'd like to live upstairs.
(d) If he'd make a deal with them.
7. What is all but gone as a result?
(a) Her will to live.
(b) Her symmetry.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her hearing.
8. Why doesn't Mig chain the Princess up as Roscuro tells her to?
(a) Because Roscuro doesn't hold up his end of the agreement.
(b) Because Roscuro tells her she will never succeed.
(c) Because Mig has a change of heart.
(d) Because Roscuro laughs at her.
9. What happens to the thread?
(a) Despereaux can't find it in the kitchen after the soup.
(b) The threadmaster wants it back.
(c) Botticelli steals it from him.
(d) Despereaux loses it on the stairs as it falls ahead of him.
10. What does Cook offer Despereaux?
(a) A saucer of milk.
(b) A hand with the spool of thread.
(c) A chunk of cheese.
(d) A saucer full of soup.
11. What does Mig drop into the pound cake?
(a) Egg shells.
(b) A serving spoon.
(c) A ring.
(d) An onion.
12. What does the Princess want Despereaux to do?
(a) Chain Rosuro up.
(b) Kill Roscuro.
(c) Not kill Roscuro.
(d) Come and sit with her.
13. What did Miggery's father get when he sold her in the marketplace?
(a) Three hens, a handful of red napkins and a cigarette.
(b) Two hens, a cigarette and a red napkin.
(c) Six hens, a yellow tablecloth and a package of cigarettes.
(d) A hen, a handful of cigarettes and a red tablecloth.
14. How old are both the Princess and Mig now?
15. How does Mig try to help?
(a) She throws the chains at Roscuro.
(b) She tries to cut off Roscuro's head with a knife.
(c) She calls out to the King's guard.
(d) She tries to kick Roscuro out of the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What choice is 'Uncle' given?
2. Who does Mig see on her seventh birthday?
3. What does Mig want Despereaux to do?
4. What is the Princess suddenly aware of?
5. Why does Roscuro get frustrated?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)