|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Despereaux wakes the next morning, what does he realize he has to do?
(a) Find Furlough.
(b) Find Gregory.
(c) See the King.
(d) Save the Princess.
2. Why does Boticelli agree to help Despereaux?
(a) To redeem himself and his breed.
(b) To torture him.
(c) To stay any possible execution by the King's men.
(d) To show Roscuro how to behave.
3. What does Roscuro want Pea to dress in?
(a) Mig's peasant dress.
(b) The gown she wore at the banquet.
(c) Her traveling clothes.
(d) Her royal robe.
4. What are the King's men sent out to collect?
(a) Kettles, spoons and bowls.
(b) All soup pots.
(c) All bowls
(d) All cutlery.
5. What dark things are in Pea's heart?
(a) Hatred for Roscuro and pity for Mig.
(b) Hatred for Roscuro and sadness that her mother was gone.
(c) Disgust for the filth that Roscuro represented.
(d) Hatred for Mig and Roscuro, and pity for her mother.
6. What does Botticelli claim to love?
(a) The idea that a fight might break out.
(b) The sight of the Princess in the dungeon.
(c) When mice and rats fight.
(d) When mice come to the dungeon.
7. What does she carry in her hand?
(a) A knife.
(b) A candle.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A ladle.
8. What does Botticelli call Roscuro?
(a) A genius rat.
(b) A mouse in rat's fur.
(c) A prince among rats.
(d) A miserable excuse for a rat.
9. What does Despereaux see on the way to where the Princess is held.
(a) People chained to the walls.
(b) Gregory's blanket.
(c) Rat holes on both sides of the hall.
(d) Tufts of fur, bits of red thread and mouse bones.
10. What does Roscuro smell on Despereaux's whiskers?
11. What does Roscuro tell Mig the Princess will get?
(a) Her royal desserts.
(b) Her divine comeuppance.
(c) Her perfect place.
(d) Her just desserts.
12. Where does Mig go that night?
(a) Up to the Princess's room.
(b) To the dungeon.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the dining hall.
13. What does Roscuro ask her to do when she begins talking?
(c) Be quiet.
14. What does Mig cut off with the large knife?
(a) Despereaux's tail.
(b) Despereaux's arm.
(c) Despereaux's leg.
(d) Despereaux's ear.
15. What is the Princess suddenly aware of?
(a) How fragile Roscuro is.
(b) How fragile her heart is.
(c) How tough Despereaux is.
(d) How smart Mig is underneath it all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the smell remind Roscuro of?
2. What does Botticelli really intend to do with Despereaux?
3. What does Mig decide she wants to be someday?
4. How does Mig try to help?
5. When did Miggery Sow's mother die?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)