|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roscuro ask Despereaux to do?
(a) Show him where the soup is.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Bring him some soup too.
(d) Leave him alone.
2. How old are both the Princess and Mig now?
3. What does the Princess say to Despereaux?
(a) You are the bravest mouse I've ever seen.
(b) You are a Prince.
(c) You are my knight with a shining needle.
(d) You are a true gentleman.
4. What does Botticelli claim to love?
(a) When mice and rats fight.
(b) When mice come to the dungeon.
(c) The idea that a fight might break out.
(d) The sight of the Princess in the dungeon.
5. What does the Princess ask Mig?
(a) What she really wants.
(b) How she would punish Botticelli.
(c) How long she has been alone.
(d) What she would do if she was the Princess.
6. What does 'Uncle' wear to mock her?
(a) A tablespoon on his nose.
(b) A kettle on his head.
(c) A tablecloth cape.
(d) A bowl on his head.
7. What does Roscuro want Pea to dress in?
(a) Her royal robe.
(b) Her traveling clothes.
(c) Mig's peasant dress.
(d) The gown she wore at the banquet.
8. Who is inside the knight's armor in Despereaux's dream?
(a) No one.
9. Why couldn't Mig work as a chambermaid?
(a) She couldn't get past how beautiful it all was.
(b) She wasn't fast enough.
(c) She wasn't a good cleaner.
(d) She was too plump.
10. What does Roscuro do when Despereaux arrives to save the Princess?
(a) Roscuro threatens to eat Despereaux.
(b) Roscuro bares his teeth and blocks his way.
(c) Roscuro threatens to put Despereaux in chains.
(d) Roscuro gathers other rat friends to help him defend against Despereaux.
11. What does Botticelli call Roscuro?
(a) A genius rat.
(b) A mouse in rat's fur.
(c) A prince among rats.
(d) A miserable excuse for a rat.
12. Why does Boticelli agree to help Despereaux?
(a) To stay any possible execution by the King's men.
(b) To show Roscuro how to behave.
(c) To torture him.
(d) To redeem himself and his breed.
13. What does she carry in her hand?
(a) A knife.
(b) A ladle.
(c) A candle.
(d) A spoon.
14. What does Despereaux see on the way to where the Princess is held.
(a) Tufts of fur, bits of red thread and mouse bones.
(b) Gregory's blanket.
(c) Rat holes on both sides of the hall.
(d) People chained to the walls.
15. Where is Mig supposed to take the Princess?
(a) To the dungeon.
(b) To the kitchen.
(c) To the parlor.
(d) To the dining hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Mig be a lady in waiting?
2. Why is Mig not supposed to hurt the Princess?
3. What is Roscuro's last name?
4. What does Cook hear in the kitchen?
5. What does the cook want Mig to do with Despereaux?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)