|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Princess ask Mig?
(a) What she would do if she was the Princess.
(b) How she would punish Botticelli.
(c) How long she has been alone.
(d) What she really wants.
2. What did the man like giving Mig?
(a) Baubles for her hair.
(b) A good clout to the ear.
(c) Fine clothes to wear.
(d) A good spanking on occasion.
3. Why couldn't Mig be a lady in waiting?
(a) She was caught trying on the gown of a duchess.
(b) She isn't tall enough.
(c) She has no experience.
(d) She isn't pretty enough.
4. Why does Roscuro claim to have brought the Princess downstairs?
(a) So she could bring him soup.
(b) So he could have some light of his own.
(c) So she could help him trade his way out of the dungeon.
(d) So he could be closer to her.
5. What does Mig decide she wants to be someday?
(a) A princess.
(b) A wife.
(c) A queen.
(d) A mother.
6. Why does Boticelli agree to help Despereaux?
(a) To redeem himself and his breed.
(b) To show Roscuro how to behave.
(c) To stay any possible execution by the King's men.
(d) To torture him.
7. What do Mig's ears begin to resemble?
8. Who does Mig see on her seventh birthday?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) The Royal family.
(d) Her father.
9. What is Mig's new job?
(a) A castle servant.
(b) A lady in waiting.
(c) A server.
(d) A dungeon maid.
10. What does the smell remind Roscuro of?
(a) Of his love for soup.
(b) Of all that will never be available to him as a rat.
(c) Of his trip to the light.
(d) Of how things used to be.
11. Why does Pea tell them she cannot be threatened?
(a) Mig would never hurt her.
(b) She has guards in the castle.
(c) She is a Princess.
(d) Her father will find ou.
12. What does Botticelli claim to love?
(a) The sight of the Princess in the dungeon.
(b) The idea that a fight might break out.
(c) When mice come to the dungeon.
(d) When mice and rats fight.
13. What does Cook hear in the kitchen?
(a) A guard coming to arrest her for making soup.
(b) Despereaux moving the spool of threat across the floor.
(c) The King coming to see what Cook is doing.
(d) Louise to stop her from making the soup.
14. What does Mig actually do to Roscuro?
(a) She cuts off his tail.
(b) She slices his foot.
(c) She slashes his arm.
(d) She cuts off his nose.
15. How does Mig try to help?
(a) She tries to cut off Roscuro's head with a knife.
(b) She tries to kick Roscuro out of the way.
(c) She throws the chains at Roscuro.
(d) She calls out to the King's guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Despereaux see on the way to where the Princess is held.
2. What is in her right pocket?
3. What does Despereaux do with the needle?
4. What does Mig drop into the pound cake?
5. What does Roscuro smell on Despereaux's whiskers?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)