|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mig chain the Princess up as Roscuro tells her to?
(a) Because Roscuro tells her she will never succeed.
(b) Because Mig has a change of heart.
(c) Because Roscuro doesn't hold up his end of the agreement.
(d) Because Roscuro laughs at her.
2. What does Despereaux do with the needle?
(a) Points it at Roscuro's heart and tells him not to move.
(b) Gives it to Mig.
(c) Drops it on the dungeon floor.
(d) Gives it to the Princess.
3. Where does Mig go that night?
(a) To the dining hall.
(b) To the dungeon.
(c) To the library.
(d) Up to the Princess's room.
4. What does Cook offer Despereaux?
(a) A hand with the spool of thread.
(b) A chunk of cheese.
(c) A saucer full of soup.
(d) A saucer of milk.
5. How does Mig try to help?
(a) She tries to cut off Roscuro's head with a knife.
(b) She calls out to the King's guard.
(c) She throws the chains at Roscuro.
(d) She tries to kick Roscuro out of the way.
6. Why does Boticelli agree to help Despereaux?
(a) To redeem himself and his breed.
(b) To stay any possible execution by the King's men.
(c) To show Roscuro how to behave.
(d) To torture him.
7. What does the cook want Mig to do with Despereaux?
(a) Put him outside.
(b) Trap him.
(c) Take him back to the dungeon.
(d) Kill him.
8. Who is inside the knight's armor in Despereaux's dream?
(c) No one.
9. What does Mig ask her to wear?
(a) Her pearl handled hair combs.
(b) Her royal rings.
(c) Her crown.
(d) Her best necklace.
10. What does Despereaux fall into when the cook gives the napkin a shake?
(a) A saucepan of gravy.
(b) A bowl of flour.
(c) A measuring cup of cream.
(d) A measuring cup of cooking oil.
11. What do the rats want Roscuro to do?
(a) Give Mig to them.
(b) Hand over the mousie.
(c) Leave the dungeon.
(d) Give the Princess to them.
12. What does Louise never do?
13. What does 'Uncle' wear to mock her?
(a) A bowl on his head.
(b) A tablecloth cape.
(c) A kettle on his head.
(d) A tablespoon on his nose.
14. What happens when Mig tries to curtsy?
(a) She loses the thread.
(b) She falls over.
(c) She falls into the Princess.
(d) She scares the Princess.
15. What does Mig want Despereaux to do?
(a) Climb onto her hand.
(c) Sit still.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Princess making?
2. What does Mig remind the Princess?
3. What does Roscuro tell Mig the Princess will get?
4. What choice is 'Uncle' given?
5. What does Mig decide she wants to be someday?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)