|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mig's ears begin to resemble?
2. How does Despereaux make some light as he goes down into the dungeon?
(a) He sings himself a song.
(b) He practices with his needle sword.
(c) He thinks about the Princess.
(d) He tells himself a story.
3. What does Despereaux dream of?
(a) A knight swinging a sword.
(b) A King and his Queen.
(c) The love of a Princess.
(d) The reunion with his family.
4. What does she carry in her hand?
(a) A ladle.
(b) A knife.
(c) A candle.
(d) A spoon.
5. Who does Despereaux find in the Princess's chambers?
(a) The King.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Princess.
(d) The Mouse Council.
6. What happens to the thread?
(a) Despereaux can't find it in the kitchen after the soup.
(b) The threadmaster wants it back.
(c) Despereaux loses it on the stairs as it falls ahead of him.
(d) Botticelli steals it from him.
7. What does Roscuro tell Mig about?
(a) The first time he saw the Princess.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) The best soup he ever ate.
8. What is the threadmaster's name?
9. What do the rats want Roscuro to do?
(a) Give the Princess to them.
(b) Leave the dungeon.
(c) Give Mig to them.
(d) Hand over the mousie.
10. What does Roscuro ask her to do when she begins talking?
(a) Be quiet.
11. Who is inside the knight's armor in Despereaux's dream?
(d) No one.
12. What does Mig drop into the pound cake?
(a) Egg shells.
(b) A ring.
(c) A serving spoon.
(d) An onion.
13. What did the man like giving Mig?
(a) A good spanking on occasion.
(b) Fine clothes to wear.
(c) A good clout to the ear.
(d) Baubles for her hair.
14. What does the soldier tell 'Uncle' is against the law?
(a) To hit the girl he owns.
(b) To own so many sheep.
(c) To own another human being.
(d) To bad mouth the king or his policy.
15. Why doesn't Mig chain the Princess up as Roscuro tells her to?
(a) Because Mig has a change of heart.
(b) Because Roscuro doesn't hold up his end of the agreement.
(c) Because Roscuro laughs at her.
(d) Because Roscuro tells her she will never succeed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man who owns Mig tell her that he wishes?
2. What does Despereaux see on the way to where the Princess is held.
3. What does Gregory whisper to Despereaux as he wraps him in his napkin and puts him on his dinner tray?
4. Who is the Princess dreaming about when Mig approaches?
5. Why does Roscuro get frustrated?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)