|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the King dreaming as Pea is led down to the dungeon?
(a) That he and the queen were having soup.
(b) That the royal family was out for a ride through the Kingdom.
(c) That the queen was a bird with green and gold feathers.
(d) That they were entertaining in the banquet hall.
2. What does Mig remind the Princess?
(a) That they can't find their way out.
(b) That they have no weapons.
(c) That soup is illegal.
(d) That they are friends now.
3. What does Cook offer Despereaux?
(a) A chunk of cheese.
(b) A hand with the spool of thread.
(c) A saucer of milk.
(d) A saucer full of soup.
4. What dark things are in Pea's heart?
(a) Hatred for Roscuro and sadness that her mother was gone.
(b) Disgust for the filth that Roscuro represented.
(c) Hatred for Roscuro and pity for Mig.
(d) Hatred for Mig and Roscuro, and pity for her mother.
5. What is the name of the head of the serving staff?
(c) Mary Beth.
6. What does the soldier tell 'Uncle' is against the law?
(a) To hit the girl he owns.
(b) To own so many sheep.
(c) To own another human being.
(d) To bad mouth the king or his policy.
7. What does Despereaux do with the needle?
(a) Points it at Roscuro's heart and tells him not to move.
(b) Gives it to Mig.
(c) Gives it to the Princess.
(d) Drops it on the dungeon floor.
8. What does the Princess ask Roscuro?
(a) If he'd like to live upstairs.
(b) If he'd like some soup.
(c) If he wants his freedom.
(d) If he'd make a deal with them.
9. What does the cook want Mig to do with Despereaux?
(a) Take him back to the dungeon.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Trap him.
(d) Put him outside.
10. Where does Roscuro stand when he talks to Pea?
(a) On the nightstand.
(b) On Mig's shoulder.
(c) On Pea's bed.
(d) In Mig's pocket.
11. What does the Princess ask Mig?
(a) What she really wants.
(b) What she would do if she was the Princess.
(c) How long she has been alone.
(d) How she would punish Botticelli.
12. Why does Roscuro get frustrated?
(a) Because Mig is not forceful enough.
(b) Because Mig doesn't tell the Princess what he wants her to.
(c) Because the Princess refuses to listen.
(d) Because Mig changes her mind.
13. Who's food does Mig finally get told to deliver?
(b) The Princess's.
(c) The serving staff.
(d) The King's.
14. Why doesn't Mig chain the Princess up as Roscuro tells her to?
(a) Because Roscuro laughs at her.
(b) Because Roscuro tells her she will never succeed.
(c) Because Mig has a change of heart.
(d) Because Roscuro doesn't hold up his end of the agreement.
15. How old are both the Princess and Mig now?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cook tell Mig she still must do?
2. As the years pass, what does Mig hope?
3. What does Louise never do?
4. What does Gregory whisper to Despereaux as he wraps him in his napkin and puts him on his dinner tray?
5. What did the man like giving Mig?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)