|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mig call the Royal family?
(a) The Beautiful.
(b) The Perfect People.
(c) Human stars.
(d) Pretty people.
2. What is Mig's new job?
(a) A castle servant.
(b) A server.
(c) A dungeon maid.
(d) A lady in waiting.
3. What did Miggery's father get when he sold her in the marketplace?
(a) A hen, a handful of cigarettes and a red tablecloth.
(b) Two hens, a cigarette and a red napkin.
(c) Six hens, a yellow tablecloth and a package of cigarettes.
(d) Three hens, a handful of red napkins and a cigarette.
4. What job is Mig given on her first day?
(a) Take lunch to the dining room.
(b) Take a sewing needle to the cook.
(c) Take a spool of thread to the princess.
(d) Take out the garbage.
5. Who does Despereaux find in the Princess's chambers?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Mouse Council.
(c) The Princess.
(d) The King.
6. How old are both the Princess and Mig now?
7. What does 'Uncle' wear to mock her?
(a) A tablespoon on his nose.
(b) A bowl on his head.
(c) A tablecloth cape.
(d) A kettle on his head.
8. Where is Mig supposed to take the Princess?
(a) To the dining hall.
(b) To the kitchen.
(c) To the parlor.
(d) To the dungeon.
9. What does Roscuro ask Despereaux to do?
(a) Show him where the soup is.
(b) Bring him some soup too.
(c) Leave him alone.
(d) Kill him.
10. What did the man like giving Mig?
(a) A good clout to the ear.
(b) Fine clothes to wear.
(c) Baubles for her hair.
(d) A good spanking on occasion.
11. Why does Roscuro claim to have brought the Princess downstairs?
(a) So she could help him trade his way out of the dungeon.
(b) So he could be closer to her.
(c) So she could bring him soup.
(d) So he could have some light of his own.
12. Why does Boticelli agree to help Despereaux?
(a) To torture him.
(b) To stay any possible execution by the King's men.
(c) To show Roscuro how to behave.
(d) To redeem himself and his breed.
13. Why couldn't Mig be a lady in waiting?
(a) She was caught trying on the gown of a duchess.
(b) She isn't tall enough.
(c) She isn't pretty enough.
(d) She has no experience.
14. What does Botticelli really intend to do with Despereaux?
(a) Eat him.
(b) Use him to torture the Princess.
(c) Introduce him to his friends.
(d) Make friends with him.
15. What is all but gone as a result?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her hearing.
(c) Her symmetry.
(d) Her will to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's food does Mig finally get told to deliver?
2. What makes Despereaux weep?
3. What does the man who owns Mig tell her that he wishes?
4. What does Botticelli claim to love?
5. What does Mig remind the Princess?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)