|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she carry in her hand?
(a) A knife.
(b) A ladle.
(c) A candle.
(d) A spoon.
2. What does Roscuro tell Mig the Princess will get?
(a) Her divine comeuppance.
(b) Her royal desserts.
(c) Her perfect place.
(d) Her just desserts.
3. What does 'Uncle' wear to mock her?
(a) A kettle on his head.
(b) A tablecloth cape.
(c) A tablespoon on his nose.
(d) A bowl on his head.
4. When did Miggery Sow's mother die?
(a) When she was four.
(b) When she was six.
(c) When she was five.
(d) When she was eight.
5. What does Despereaux dream of?
(a) A knight swinging a sword.
(b) The love of a Princess.
(c) The reunion with his family.
(d) A King and his Queen.
6. What does Louise never do?
7. What was the King dreaming as Pea is led down to the dungeon?
(a) That the royal family was out for a ride through the Kingdom.
(b) That the queen was a bird with green and gold feathers.
(c) That they were entertaining in the banquet hall.
(d) That he and the queen were having soup.
8. What does the smell remind Roscuro of?
(a) Of how things used to be.
(b) Of his trip to the light.
(c) Of his love for soup.
(d) Of all that will never be available to him as a rat.
9. What does Mig ask her to wear?
(a) Her best necklace.
(b) Her crown.
(c) Her royal rings.
(d) Her pearl handled hair combs.
10. How does Mig try to help?
(a) She tries to cut off Roscuro's head with a knife.
(b) She calls out to the King's guard.
(c) She tries to kick Roscuro out of the way.
(d) She throws the chains at Roscuro.
11. How does Despereaux make some light as he goes down into the dungeon?
(a) He sings himself a song.
(b) He thinks about the Princess.
(c) He tells himself a story.
(d) He practices with his needle sword.
12. Who does Mig see on her seventh birthday?
(a) The Royal family.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
13. What does the Princess ask Roscuro?
(a) If he'd make a deal with them.
(b) If he'd like to live upstairs.
(c) If he wants his freedom.
(d) If he'd like some soup.
14. What does Despereaux hold onto as Botticelli takes him deep into the dungeon?
(a) Botticelli's shirt tail.
(b) Botticelli's coat tail.
(c) Botticelli's tail.
(d) Botticelli's hand.
15. What does Botticelli really intend to do with Despereaux?
(a) Introduce him to his friends.
(b) Make friends with him.
(c) Eat him.
(d) Use him to torture the Princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Despereaux weep?
2. What does Mig cut off with the large knife?
3. What does the Princess ask Mig?
4. What does Despereaux see on the way to where the Princess is held.
5. What does the man who owns Mig tell her that he wishes?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)