|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mig decide she wants to be someday?
(a) A princess.
(b) A mother.
(c) A queen.
(d) A wife.
2. What is the Princess suddenly aware of?
(a) How smart Mig is underneath it all.
(b) How fragile her heart is.
(c) How fragile Roscuro is.
(d) How tough Despereaux is.
3. What does Mig remind the Princess?
(a) That they are friends now.
(b) That they can't find their way out.
(c) That soup is illegal.
(d) That they have no weapons.
4. What color is the Princess's horse?
5. What does Despereaux fall into when the cook gives the napkin a shake?
(a) A bowl of flour.
(b) A saucepan of gravy.
(c) A measuring cup of cream.
(d) A measuring cup of cooking oil.
6. What does Mig call the man who bought her?
7. What does Roscuro want Pea to dress in?
(a) Mig's peasant dress.
(b) The gown she wore at the banquet.
(c) Her traveling clothes.
(d) Her royal robe.
8. What do the rats want Roscuro to do?
(a) Give Mig to them.
(b) Hand over the mousie.
(c) Give the Princess to them.
(d) Leave the dungeon.
9. What did Miggery's father get when he sold her in the marketplace?
(a) Three hens, a handful of red napkins and a cigarette.
(b) A hen, a handful of cigarettes and a red tablecloth.
(c) Six hens, a yellow tablecloth and a package of cigarettes.
(d) Two hens, a cigarette and a red napkin.
10. What do the soldiers do with Mig?
(a) They give her a new coat.
(b) They take her to the castle.
(c) They send her to her father.
(d) They set her free.
11. Why does Roscuro claim to have brought the Princess downstairs?
(a) So she could bring him soup.
(b) So he could have some light of his own.
(c) So he could be closer to her.
(d) So she could help him trade his way out of the dungeon.
12. What does Mig drop into the pound cake?
(a) A serving spoon.
(b) Egg shells.
(c) A ring.
(d) An onion.
13. Where is Mig supposed to take the Princess?
(a) To the dining hall.
(b) To the dungeon.
(c) To the parlor.
(d) To the kitchen.
14. What is the Princess making?
(a) A cape.
(b) A dress for the ball.
(c) A tapestry of the history of the world.
(d) A new tablecloth.
15. How does Mig try to help?
(a) She tries to kick Roscuro out of the way.
(b) She throws the chains at Roscuro.
(c) She calls out to the King's guard.
(d) She tries to cut off Roscuro's head with a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Despereaux dream of?
2. What is Mig's new job?
3. Who does Despereaux find in the Princess's chambers?
4. What does Botticelli claim to love?
5. How old are both the Princess and Mig now?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)