|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Despereaux dream of?
(a) A knight swinging a sword.
(b) The love of a Princess.
(c) A King and his Queen.
(d) The reunion with his family.
2. Why couldn't Mig work as a chambermaid?
(a) She couldn't get past how beautiful it all was.
(b) She wasn't a good cleaner.
(c) She was too plump.
(d) She wasn't fast enough.
3. What does Roscuro smell on Despereaux's whiskers?
4. Why couldn't Mig be a lady in waiting?
(a) She has no experience.
(b) She was caught trying on the gown of a duchess.
(c) She isn't pretty enough.
(d) She isn't tall enough.
5. What does Botticelli really intend to do with Despereaux?
(a) Make friends with him.
(b) Eat him.
(c) Use him to torture the Princess.
(d) Introduce him to his friends.
6. What does Roscuro ask her to do when she begins talking?
(d) Be quiet.
7. Who is inside the knight's armor in Despereaux's dream?
(d) No one.
8. What does Roscuro tell Mig the Princess will get?
(a) Her perfect place.
(b) Her royal desserts.
(c) Her just desserts.
(d) Her divine comeuppance.
9. Where does Roscuro stand when he talks to Pea?
(a) On the nightstand.
(b) In Mig's pocket.
(c) On Mig's shoulder.
(d) On Pea's bed.
10. What does Mig tell the Princess she really wants?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her ma.
(c) Her cat.
(d) Her pa.
11. What do Mig's ears begin to resemble?
12. What does Mig ask her to wear?
(a) Her royal rings.
(b) Her pearl handled hair combs.
(c) Her best necklace.
(d) Her crown.
13. What dark things are in Pea's heart?
(a) Hatred for Mig and Roscuro, and pity for her mother.
(b) Hatred for Roscuro and sadness that her mother was gone.
(c) Hatred for Roscuro and pity for Mig.
(d) Disgust for the filth that Roscuro represented.
14. What does Botticelli claim to love?
(a) When mice come to the dungeon.
(b) The idea that a fight might break out.
(c) The sight of the Princess in the dungeon.
(d) When mice and rats fight.
15. What is the Princess suddenly aware of?
(a) How smart Mig is underneath it all.
(b) How fragile her heart is.
(c) How tough Despereaux is.
(d) How fragile Roscuro is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Despereaux find in the Princess's chambers?
2. What does Despereaux fall into when the cook gives the napkin a shake?
3. What is the threadmaster's name?
4. What does Despereaux do with the needle?
5. What does Despereaux hold onto as Botticelli takes him deep into the dungeon?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)