|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the soldier tell 'Uncle' is against the law?
(a) To hit the girl he owns.
(b) To own another human being.
(c) To own so many sheep.
(d) To bad mouth the king or his policy.
2. What happens when Mig tries to curtsy?
(a) She falls into the Princess.
(b) She loses the thread.
(c) She falls over.
(d) She scares the Princess.
3. What does Botticelli call Roscuro?
(a) A prince among rats.
(b) A genius rat.
(c) A miserable excuse for a rat.
(d) A mouse in rat's fur.
4. What does Mig have in her left pocket?
(a) A knife.
(b) A locket.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A rat with a spoon and a cape.
5. Who is the Princess dreaming about when Mig approaches?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
6. What does the Princess say to Despereaux?
(a) You are a Prince.
(b) You are my knight with a shining needle.
(c) You are the bravest mouse I've ever seen.
(d) You are a true gentleman.
7. What expression does Mig use before almost every sentence?
8. What does Despereaux see on the way to where the Princess is held.
(a) Tufts of fur, bits of red thread and mouse bones.
(b) Gregory's blanket.
(c) Rat holes on both sides of the hall.
(d) People chained to the walls.
9. What does Despereaux hold onto as Botticelli takes him deep into the dungeon?
(a) Botticelli's coat tail.
(b) Botticelli's hand.
(c) Botticelli's shirt tail.
(d) Botticelli's tail.
10. What does Mig ask her to wear?
(a) Her royal rings.
(b) Her pearl handled hair combs.
(c) Her best necklace.
(d) Her crown.
11. What is the Princess making?
(a) A dress for the ball.
(b) A tapestry of the history of the world.
(c) A cape.
(d) A new tablecloth.
12. What does the cook tell Mig she still must do?
(a) Clear the tray.
(b) Wash the dishes.
(c) Wash the walls.
(d) Sweep the floor.
13. Who does Despereaux find in the Princess's chambers?
(a) The King.
(b) The Queen.
(c) The Princess.
(d) The Mouse Council.
14. What color is the Princess's horse?
15. What does the smell remind Roscuro of?
(a) Of his trip to the light.
(b) Of how things used to be.
(c) Of his love for soup.
(d) Of all that will never be available to him as a rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Despereaux run and hide?
2. What does Mig cut off with the large knife?
3. What does Roscuro do first in his plan?
4. How old are both the Princess and Mig now?
5. What dark things are in Pea's heart?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)