|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the cook want Mig to do with Despereaux?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Take him back to the dungeon.
(c) Put him outside.
(d) Trap him.
2. What does the smell remind Roscuro of?
(a) Of his love for soup.
(b) Of how things used to be.
(c) Of all that will never be available to him as a rat.
(d) Of his trip to the light.
3. What happens to the thread?
(a) Botticelli steals it from him.
(b) The threadmaster wants it back.
(c) Despereaux loses it on the stairs as it falls ahead of him.
(d) Despereaux can't find it in the kitchen after the soup.
4. What color is the Princess's horse?
5. What does Mig decide she wants to be someday?
(a) A wife.
(b) A mother.
(c) A princess.
(d) A queen.
6. What is Mig's new job?
(a) A lady in waiting.
(b) A castle servant.
(c) A server.
(d) A dungeon maid.
7. Who is the Princess dreaming about when Mig approaches?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
8. What does Cook hear in the kitchen?
(a) Louise to stop her from making the soup.
(b) A guard coming to arrest her for making soup.
(c) Despereaux moving the spool of threat across the floor.
(d) The King coming to see what Cook is doing.
9. Where does Despereaux run and hide?
(a) In the dungeon.
(b) Under the covers.
(c) In the pantry.
(d) In the waste bin.
10. Where is Mig supposed to take the Princess?
(a) To the dungeon.
(b) To the dining hall.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the parlor.
11. What is the Princess suddenly aware of?
(a) How smart Mig is underneath it all.
(b) How fragile Roscuro is.
(c) How fragile her heart is.
(d) How tough Despereaux is.
12. Why couldn't Mig work as a chambermaid?
(a) She wasn't fast enough.
(b) She couldn't get past how beautiful it all was.
(c) She wasn't a good cleaner.
(d) She was too plump.
13. What does Mig call the man who bought her?
14. What does Mig ask her to wear?
(a) Her crown.
(b) Her best necklace.
(c) Her pearl handled hair combs.
(d) Her royal rings.
15. What does Despereaux dream of?
(a) A knight swinging a sword.
(b) The reunion with his family.
(c) A King and his Queen.
(d) The love of a Princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roscuro want Pea to dress in?
2. What does Mig remind the Princess?
3. What are the King's men sent out to collect?
4. What does the cook tell Mig she still must do?
5. What does Roscuro do when Despereaux arrives to save the Princess?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)