|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the King's men sent out to collect?
(a) All cutlery.
(b) All bowls
(c) Kettles, spoons and bowls.
(d) All soup pots.
2. What didn't Mig's father do when he left her?
(a) Give her a hug.
(b) Make a promise to her.
(c) Look back.
(d) Say goodbye.
3. What does Despereaux see on the way to where the Princess is held.
(a) Rat holes on both sides of the hall.
(b) People chained to the walls.
(c) Gregory's blanket.
(d) Tufts of fur, bits of red thread and mouse bones.
4. What does the cook want Mig to do with Despereaux?
(a) Put him outside.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Trap him.
(d) Take him back to the dungeon.
5. What does Botticelli really intend to do with Despereaux?
(a) Introduce him to his friends.
(b) Eat him.
(c) Use him to torture the Princess.
(d) Make friends with him.
6. What does Roscuro ask her to do when she begins talking?
(a) Be quiet.
7. What does the cook tell Mig she still must do?
(a) Wash the walls.
(b) Sweep the floor.
(c) Clear the tray.
(d) Wash the dishes.
8. What does Botticelli call Roscuro?
(a) A mouse in rat's fur.
(b) A prince among rats.
(c) A genius rat.
(d) A miserable excuse for a rat.
9. What does Mig have in her left pocket?
(a) A rat with a spoon and a cape.
(b) A knife.
(c) A locket.
(d) A spoon.
10. When did Miggery Sow's mother die?
(a) When she was five.
(b) When she was eight.
(c) When she was six.
(d) When she was four.
11. Where is Mig supposed to take the Princess?
(a) To the parlor.
(b) To the dining hall.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the dungeon.
12. What does Roscuro do first in his plan?
(a) He finds the room the Princess is in.
(b) He tells Mig about his plans.
(c) He finds a place to hide, upstairs.
(d) He chews through Gregory's rope.
13. What does Mig want Despereaux to do?
(a) Sit still.
(b) Climb onto her hand.
14. What does Despereaux dream of?
(a) The reunion with his family.
(b) A King and his Queen.
(c) The love of a Princess.
(d) A knight swinging a sword.
15. Where does Mig go that night?
(a) Up to the Princess's room.
(b) To the dungeon.
(c) To the library.
(d) To the dining hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mig actually do to Roscuro?
2. What does the Princess want Despereaux to do?
3. What does Roscuro smell on Despereaux's whiskers?
4. Where does Roscuro stand when he talks to Pea?
5. What job is Mig given on her first day?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)