|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Despereaux is complimented by the first human he meets?
(a) His feet.
(b) His ears.
(c) His hands.
(d) His eyes.
2. What does the light do to Roscuro?
(a) Fills him with wonder.
(b) Makes him turn away.
(c) Fills him with sadness.
(d) Blinds him.
3. What do the threadmaster and Despereaux have in common?
(a) They both like music.
(b) They both think the Princess is beautiful.
(c) They have the same father.
(d) They both enjoy reading.
4. What does Roscuro offer to do?
(a) Take a message to his son.
(b) Take a message to his daughter.
(c) Listen to any other confessionals.
(d) Take the cloth to ease the man's burden.
5. What makes the Princess cry?
(a) Her father yells at Despereaux.
(b) Her father banishes Despereaux from the castle.
(c) Her father fears Despereaux.
(d) Her father condemns Despereaux to death.
6. What does Despereaux's mother put on in honor of her youngest mouse being taken to the dungeon?
(a) A black veil.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A tremendous amount of makeup.
(d) A new hat.
7. What does Despereaux wonder about that chills him?
(a) Is there really a 'happily ever after'?
(b) How many rats are there?
(c) How big are the rats?
(d) Do rats eat mice?
8. Why does Gregory save Despereaux?
(a) Because he spoke of love.
(b) Because he can tell stories.
(c) Because of his big ears.
(d) Because Gregory is lonely.
9. What does Gregory call the dungeon?
(a) The treacherous dark heart of the world.
(b) The most dangerous place in the world.
(c) The darkest place in the universe.
(d) The last place on earth.
10. What does Despereaux's mother do when Despereaux is led away?
(a) She wails.
(b) She calls his name repeatedly.
(c) She refuses to look.
(d) She faints.
11. What does Botticelli do when the door opens to admit a prisoner?
(a) He runs to get Gregory.
(b) He runs into the darkness.
(c) He looks away from the light at the door.
(d) He runs to get Roscuro.
12. What does Despereaux believe his duty is?
(a) To be in love.
(b) To live.
(c) To serve the Princess.
(d) To survive the rats.
13. Where does the Mouse Council want to send Despereaux?
(a) To the dungeon.
(b) To the King.
(c) To the Princess.
(d) To another colony.
14. How does Despereaux describe the sound he hears?
15. What incredible thing happens when the Princess smiles at Despereaux?
(a) He discovers his destiny.
(b) He hears music.
(c) He falls in love.
(d) He forgets he is a mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the jailer show Despereaux?
2. Who is the first to notice him there?
3. What is Despereaux's last name?
4. What does Despereaux want before the guards lead him to the dungeon?
5. What does Despereaux do in the library?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)