|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mice are in the Mouse Council.
2. Where does he fall to?
(a) Into the Princess's lap.
(b) Into the Queen's soup.
(c) Into the King's dinner.
(d) Onto the goal post.
3. What is the rope necklace Botticelli wears the locket on made from?
(a) The hair from prisoners' heads.
(b) The thread from threadbare clothing.
(c) The whiskers of mice.
(d) The thread of prisoners' blankets.
4. What does Roscuro find on the floor?
(a) The Queen's soup spoon.
(b) A single shoe.
(c) The Queen's broach.
(d) A butter knife.
5. On what day does Roscuro leave the dungeon to go into the light of the castle?
(a) On the King's anniversary.
(b) On the Princess's birthday.
(c) On the day Despereaux is born.
(d) On Despereaux's first birthday.
6. Why does Despereaux tell the jailer he cannot die?
(a) Becaue he wants to learn how to write.
(b) Because he wants to read.
(c) Because he is in love.
(d) Because he is too young.
7. Who does Despereaux reveal himself to?
(a) Prince Lester.
(b) The King.
(c) Princess Pea.
(d) The Mouse Council.
8. What does Despereaux begin by reciting?
(a) There once was a mouse named Despereaux....
(b) If I were a rich mouse.................
(c) Once upon a time....
(d) While the cat is away.......
9. What makes the Princess cry?
(a) Her father condemns Despereaux to death.
(b) Her father banishes Despereaux from the castle.
(c) Her father yells at Despereaux.
(d) Her father fears Despereaux.
10. What does Roscuro do that gets him into trouble with Gregory?
(a) He takes all the stuffing.
(b) He steals food.
(c) He chews on his rope.
(d) He bites Gregory's shoes.
11. Who does Despereaux recognize as one of the guards?
(a) His sister Merlot.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother Furlough.
12. Who is the first to notice him there?
(a) The Queen.
(b) Princess Pea.
(c) The King.
(d) The referee.
13. What does Despereaux do in the library?
(a) He eats the bindings.
(b) He researches his heritage.
(c) He reads the books.
(d) He looks out the window.
14. Other than ridiculous, how is love described in this tale?
(a) Heartfelt and devoted.
(b) Wonderful and powerful.
(c) Joyful and illuminating.
(d) Purposeful and determined.
15. What does Despereaux want before the guards lead him to the dungeon?
(a) A piece of cheese.
(b) A last meal.
(c) A last word with the Princess.
(d) A change of clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antoinette call out as Despereaux is led away?
2. What do stories do for Gregory?
3. What does Despereaux's mother do when Despereaux is led away?
4. What does Despereaux say to the Princess before the King makes him leave?
5. How many mice has Gregory saved before Despereaux?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)