|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Roscuro leave the dungeon to go into the light of the castle?
(a) On the day Despereaux is born.
(b) On the King's anniversary.
(c) On Despereaux's first birthday.
(d) On the Princess's birthday.
2. What is the name of the kingdom?
(a) The Kingdom of Dor.
(b) The Kingdom of More.
(c) The Kingdom of Score.
(d) The Kingdom of Four.
3. What does Despereaux begin by reciting?
(a) If I were a rich mouse.................
(b) Once upon a time....
(c) There once was a mouse named Despereaux....
(d) While the cat is away.......
4. What happens to Roscuro as a result of seeing the light from the match?
(a) He has a headache from the light.
(b) He's afraid of the light.
(c) He longs for more light.
(d) He's blinded.
5. Where does the Mouse Council want to send Despereaux?
(a) To the King.
(b) To the Princess.
(c) To another colony.
(d) To the dungeon.
6. Where does he fall to?
(a) Into the Princess's lap.
(b) Onto the goal post.
(c) Into the King's dinner.
(d) Into the Queen's soup.
7. What does Despereaux discover the sound to be?
(a) King Phillip playing a piano.
(b) The Princess singing.
(c) The Princess playing a flute.
(d) King Phillip playing his guitar and singing.
8. What does Antoinette call out as Despereaux is led away?
(a) Adieu (Farewell).
(b) Take me.
(c) Have mercy.
(d) Be brave.
9. What does Despereaux want before the guards lead him to the dungeon?
(a) A last meal.
(b) A last word with the Princess.
(c) A piece of cheese.
(d) A change of clothes.
10. What did Furlough not see the Princess do?
(a) Pick Despereaux up.
(b) Invite Despereaux to dinner.
(c) Take Despereaux to her private quarters.
(d) Kiss Despereaux.
11. What is the first thing Despereax notices about the dungeon?
(a) The thick walls.
(b) The bad smell.
(c) The water.
(d) The odd sounds.
12. What makes the Princess cry?
(a) Her father fears Despereaux.
(b) Her father yells at Despereaux.
(c) Her father banishes Despereaux from the castle.
(d) Her father condemns Despereaux to death.
13. What is Despereaux's destiny?
(a) To live in the castle.
(b) To find his real true love.
(c) To meet the rats.
(d) To leave the area.
14. How long has Gregory been in the dungeon?
(a) Five or six years, he isn't exactly sure.
(b) For decades, for centuries, for eons, for eternities.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months or so.
15. What broke Roscuro's heart?
(a) That he would never be welcome in the light.
(b) The look the Princess gave him.
(c) That he would not be a guest at the party.
(d) The way the King cried for his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Despereaux's brother and sister take him to the library for?
2. What is Despereaux's last name?
3. What do the threadmaster and Despereaux have in common?
4. What does Botticelli try to teach Roscuro?
5. How many brothers and sisters are in Despereaux's litter?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)