|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Gregory been in the dungeon?
(a) Six months or so.
(b) Two years.
(c) Five or six years, he isn't exactly sure.
(d) For decades, for centuries, for eons, for eternities.
2. What is the meaning of life according to Botticelli?
(a) Self sacrifice.
(c) Suffering of others.
(d) Peace in all things.
3. What one thing must all mice do?
(a) Avoid cats.
(b) Learn to read.
(d) Have a family.
4. How many brothers and sisters are in Despereaux's litter?
5. Where does he fall to?
(a) Into the Princess's lap.
(b) Into the Queen's soup.
(c) Into the King's dinner.
(d) Onto the goal post.
6. What did Furlough not see the Princess do?
(a) Pick Despereaux up.
(b) Invite Despereaux to dinner.
(c) Take Despereaux to her private quarters.
(d) Kiss Despereaux.
7. Where does the Mouse Council want to send Despereaux?
(a) To the Princess.
(b) To the dungeon.
(c) To the King.
(d) To another colony.
8. What does Despereaux's mother put on in honor of her youngest mouse being taken to the dungeon?
(a) A new hat.
(b) A tremendous amount of makeup.
(c) A black veil.
(d) A new dress.
9. What does the light do to Roscuro?
(a) Blinds him.
(b) Fills him with sadness.
(c) Fills him with wonder.
(d) Makes him turn away.
10. What does Despereaux wonder about that chills him?
(a) Is there really a 'happily ever after'?
(b) How many rats are there?
(c) How big are the rats?
(d) Do rats eat mice?
11. Why does Despereaux tell the jailer he cannot die?
(a) Because he is in love.
(b) Because he is too young.
(c) Becaue he wants to learn how to write.
(d) Because he wants to read.
12. What is the name of the kingdom?
(a) The Kingdom of Four.
(b) The Kingdom of More.
(c) The Kingdom of Dor.
(d) The Kingdom of Score.
13. What were the last words the Queen spoke?
(a) There is a rat on the loose.
(b) That rat is at play.
(c) There is a rat in the dining hall.
(d) There is a rat in my soup.
14. Who does Despereaux recognize as one of the guards?
(a) His brother Furlough.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister Merlot.
15. How many mice has Gregory saved before Despereaux?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gregory call the dungeon?
2. What broke Roscuro's heart?
3. What does Botticelli do when the door opens to admit a prisoner?
4. What does Antoinette call out as Despereaux is led away?
5. What makes the Princess cry?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)