|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last of the great, ancient rules of mice?
(a) Never speak to humans.
(b) Never allow humans to touch a mouse.
(c) Never touch humans.
(d) Never reveal a mouse's house to a human.
2. How much thread does the threadmaster use?
(a) Enough to wrap around his waist twice.
(b) Just enough to wrap around his finger twice.
(c) Enough to use as a rope if twined together.
(d) Just enough for the neck.
3. What were the last words the Queen spoke?
(a) There is a rat in the dining hall.
(b) That rat is at play.
(c) There is a rat in my soup.
(d) There is a rat on the loose.
4. What does Despereaux discover the sound to be?
(a) King Phillip playing a piano.
(b) The Princess playing a flute.
(c) King Phillip playing his guitar and singing.
(d) The Princess singing.
5. What does Despereaux say to the Princess before the King makes him leave?
(a) You are beautiful.
(b) I'm happy to have met you.
(c) I worship you.
(d) I honor you.
6. How does Botticelli know another prisoner will come along soon?
(a) Because he heard Gergory talking about it.
(b) Because there hadn't been one for a while.
(c) Because the king punished people more on Tuesdays.
(d) Because there is evil in the world.
7. What does Gregory do?
(a) Chases him into the darkest part of the dungeon.
(b) Locks him in a cage.
(c) Burns Roscuro's whiskers.
(d) Kicks him out.
8. Which rat was born in the dungeon several years before Despereaux was born?
9. What nationality is Despereaux's mother?
10. Why does Antoinette want no more babies?
(a) They make her feel too sad.
(b) They never stop needing.
(c) They ruin her beauty.
(d) They are too much work.
11. Who arrived at the castle on the same evening?
(a) Miggery Sow.
(b) Gimmery Gow.
(c) Simmery Yow.
(d) Siggery Mow.
12. Where does Gregory put Despereaux?
(a) On his bed.
(b) On top of a bowl.
(c) Up against his ear.
(d) On a shelf.
13. What happens when he realizes this truth?
(a) He falls from the tree.
(b) He falls from the chandelier he is hanging on.
(c) He is hit with a broom.
(d) He is caught by the king.
14. What part of Despereaux is complimented by the first human he meets?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His feet.
(c) His hands.
(d) His ears.
15. What does Roscuro find on the floor?
(a) A butter knife.
(b) A single shoe.
(c) The Queen's soup spoon.
(d) The Queen's broach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Despereaux wonder about that chills him?
2. What do the threadmaster and Despereaux have in common?
3. What do the guards tell Antoinette will happen to her son?
4. How many mice are in the Mouse Council.
5. What does Roscuro stumble into when he leaves the dungeon?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)