|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the kingdom?
(a) The Kingdom of Dor.
(b) The Kingdom of Four.
(c) The Kingdom of Score.
(d) The Kingdom of More.
2. What does Antoinette call out as Despereaux is led away?
(a) Have mercy.
(b) Adieu (Farewell).
(c) Be brave.
(d) Take me.
3. What does Despereaux decide he must do?
(a) Be brave.
4. How many mice are in the Mouse Council.
5. How does Gregory see in the darkness?
(a) With a candle.
(b) With a glowstick
(c) His eyes have adapted.
(d) With a flashlight.
6. What decision does Roscuro make at that moment?
(a) That he will never come back upstairs again.
(b) That he will have revenge and something beautiful.
(c) That he will never go back downstairs.
(d) That he belongs in the dark.
7. How much thread does the threadmaster use?
(a) Just enough to wrap around his finger twice.
(b) Enough to wrap around his waist twice.
(c) Enough to use as a rope if twined together.
(d) Just enough for the neck.
8. What does Roscuro tell Botticelli he wants to do?
(a) Move to another dungeon.
(b) Leave the dungeon for ever.
(c) Let someone else torture the prisoner.
(d) Go upstairs into the light.
9. What is Despereaux's destiny?
(a) To meet the rats.
(b) To live in the castle.
(c) To find his real true love.
(d) To leave the area.
10. How does Botticelli know another prisoner will come along soon?
(a) Because there is evil in the world.
(b) Because there hadn't been one for a while.
(c) Because the king punished people more on Tuesdays.
(d) Because he heard Gergory talking about it.
11. What is the rope necklace Botticelli wears the locket on made from?
(a) The whiskers of mice.
(b) The hair from prisoners' heads.
(c) The thread of prisoners' blankets.
(d) The thread from threadbare clothing.
12. Why does Gregory save Despereaux?
(a) Because he spoke of love.
(b) Because of his big ears.
(c) Because he can tell stories.
(d) Because Gregory is lonely.
13. What does Roscuro stumble into when he leaves the dungeon?
(a) A party in the banquet hall.
(b) A soccer game.
(c) A birthday.
(d) Another rat.
14. Who arrived at the castle on the same evening?
(a) Miggery Sow.
(b) Siggery Mow.
(c) Gimmery Gow.
(d) Simmery Yow.
15. Why is Gregory in the dungeon?
(a) He was caught stealing.
(b) He spilled the soup in the king's lap.
(c) He is the jailer.
(d) He was a guard caught sleeping on shift.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the jailer show Despereaux?
2. What does Despereaux begin by reciting?
3. Why does Antoinette want no more babies?
4. Which rat was born in the dungeon several years before Despereaux was born?
5. What makes the Princess cry?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)