|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does he fall to?
(a) Onto the goal post.
(b) Into the King's dinner.
(c) Into the Queen's soup.
(d) Into the Princess's lap.
2. What do the threadmaster and Despereaux have in common?
(a) They have the same father.
(b) They both think the Princess is beautiful.
(c) They both enjoy reading.
(d) They both like music.
3. Who does Despereaux recognize as one of the guards?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother Furlough.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His sister Merlot.
4. How does Despereaux describe the sound he hears?
5. How does the Princess describe Despereaux's ears?
(a) Like rose petals.
(b) Like small pieces of velvet.
(c) Like remnants of silk.
(d) Like bits of cotton.
6. Who does Lester call?
(a) His family.
(b) The Princess.
(c) The King.
(d) The Mouse Council.
7. Why does Antoinette want no more babies?
(a) They are too much work.
(b) They never stop needing.
(c) They ruin her beauty.
(d) They make her feel too sad.
8. What could Despereaux smell on the threadmaster's breath?
(d) Peanut butter.
9. What does Botticelli have on a long, braided rope?
(a) A locket.
(b) A gold chunk.
(c) A pearl.
(d) A diamond.
10. What other crime did he commit that he wasn't caught for?
(a) He traded his daughter for a red tablecloth, a hen and a handful of cigarettes.
(b) He traded his son for a daughter and a blanket.
(c) He traded his son for a horse and a saddle.
(d) He traded his daughter for ten chickens, and a horse.
11. What does Botticelli do when the door opens to admit a prisoner?
(a) He runs to get Roscuro.
(b) He looks away from the light at the door.
(c) He runs into the darkness.
(d) He runs to get Gregory.
12. What does Roscuro find on the floor?
(a) A single shoe.
(b) The Queen's broach.
(c) The Queen's soup spoon.
(d) A butter knife.
13. What happens to Roscuro as a result of seeing the light from the match?
(a) He has a headache from the light.
(b) He longs for more light.
(c) He's afraid of the light.
(d) He's blinded.
14. Why does the jailer have a rope around his ankle?
(a) To guide him back to the beginning.
(b) To remind him that he is a prisoner.
(c) To tie up prisoners with.
(d) To keep him from falling into a deep hole.
15. What does the jailer show Despereaux?
(a) A pile of bones.
(b) A pile of love letters.
(c) A pile of spoons, kettle and soup bowls.
(d) A pile of old photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to find Despereaux in the dungeon?
2. How many mice are in the Mouse Council.
3. What does Despereaux's mother do when Despereaux is led away?
4. What does the light do to Roscuro?
5. What is the most basic and elemental rule that all mice adhere to?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)