|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roscuro offer to do?
(a) Take a message to his daughter.
(b) Take the cloth to ease the man's burden.
(c) Take a message to his son.
(d) Listen to any other confessionals.
2. Why does Despereaux tell the jailer he cannot die?
(a) Because he wants to read.
(b) Because he is too young.
(c) Because he is in love.
(d) Becaue he wants to learn how to write.
3. Why is Gregory in the dungeon?
(a) He was a guard caught sleeping on shift.
(b) He is the jailer.
(c) He was caught stealing.
(d) He spilled the soup in the king's lap.
4. What is the name of the kingdom?
(a) The Kingdom of Four.
(b) The Kingdom of More.
(c) The Kingdom of Dor.
(d) The Kingdom of Score.
5. What does Roscuro tell Botticelli he wants to do?
(a) Leave the dungeon for ever.
(b) Let someone else torture the prisoner.
(c) Move to another dungeon.
(d) Go upstairs into the light.
6. What did Furlough not see the Princess do?
(a) Invite Despereaux to dinner.
(b) Pick Despereaux up.
(c) Kiss Despereaux.
(d) Take Despereaux to her private quarters.
7. What part of Despereaux is complimented by the first human he meets?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His hands.
(c) His ears.
(d) His feet.
8. What does Despereaux wonder about that chills him?
(a) How big are the rats?
(b) Is there really a 'happily ever after'?
(c) Do rats eat mice?
(d) How many rats are there?
9. What else did the King order?
(a) That Roscuro be found and punished.
(b) That all the rats be killed.
(c) That mice be allowed.
(d) That rats be banished.
10. What does Despereaux's mother put on in honor of her youngest mouse being taken to the dungeon?
(a) A tremendous amount of makeup.
(b) A new hat.
(c) A black veil.
(d) A new dress.
11. What does Botticelli have on a long, braided rope?
(a) A gold chunk.
(b) A locket.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A pearl.
12. Why does a piece of red string get tied around Despereaux's neck?
(a) To mark him as a condemned mouse.
(b) To be used as a portable sewing kit.
(c) To remember his family by.
(d) So he can use it to find his way in the dark.
13. How does Botticelli know another prisoner will come along soon?
(a) Because there is evil in the world.
(b) Because the king punished people more on Tuesdays.
(c) Because he heard Gergory talking about it.
(d) Because there hadn't been one for a while.
14. What does Roscuro stumble into when he leaves the dungeon?
(a) A party in the banquet hall.
(b) Another rat.
(c) A soccer game.
(d) A birthday.
15. How long has Gregory been in the dungeon?
(a) Six months or so.
(b) Five or six years, he isn't exactly sure.
(c) Two years.
(d) For decades, for centuries, for eons, for eternities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Antoinette want no more babies?
2. What does Roscuro find on the floor?
3. How does Despereaux describe the sound he hears?
4. Where does Gregory put Despereaux?
5. What does Despereaux say to the Princess before the King makes him leave?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)