|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Despereaux decide he must do?
(d) Be brave.
2. What is the name of the kingdom?
(a) The Kingdom of Four.
(b) The Kingdom of More.
(c) The Kingdom of Score.
(d) The Kingdom of Dor.
3. What is Despereaux's destiny?
(a) To leave the area.
(b) To find his real true love.
(c) To live in the castle.
(d) To meet the rats.
4. Why does Antoinette want no more babies?
(a) They make her feel too sad.
(b) They ruin her beauty.
(c) They are too much work.
(d) They never stop needing.
5. What happens when he realizes this truth?
(a) He falls from the chandelier he is hanging on.
(b) He falls from the tree.
(c) He is caught by the king.
(d) He is hit with a broom.
6. What does Despereaux believe his duty is?
(a) To be in love.
(b) To live.
(c) To serve the Princess.
(d) To survive the rats.
7. What does Antoinette call out as Despereaux is led away?
(a) Have mercy.
(b) Take me.
(c) Be brave.
(d) Adieu (Farewell).
8. What does Gregory call the dungeon?
(a) The last place on earth.
(b) The treacherous dark heart of the world.
(c) The darkest place in the universe.
(d) The most dangerous place in the world.
9. How many mice has Gregory saved before Despereaux?
10. What do the threadmaster and Despereaux have in common?
(a) They have the same father.
(b) They both enjoy reading.
(c) They both like music.
(d) They both think the Princess is beautiful.
11. Which rat was born in the dungeon several years before Despereaux was born?
12. What two reasons make the dungeon so dangerous?
(a) The maze and the cold.
(b) The rats and other prisoners.
(c) The cold and the dark.
(d) The rats and the maze.
13. What does Roscuro tell Botticelli he wants to do?
(a) Move to another dungeon.
(b) Let someone else torture the prisoner.
(c) Go upstairs into the light.
(d) Leave the dungeon for ever.
14. What does Gregory do?
(a) Chases him into the darkest part of the dungeon.
(b) Burns Roscuro's whiskers.
(c) Kicks him out.
(d) Locks him in a cage.
15. What does Despereaux's mother do when Despereaux is led away?
(a) She refuses to look.
(b) She faints.
(c) She calls his name repeatedly.
(d) She wails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the last words the Queen spoke?
2. What does Despereaux begin by reciting?
3. What is Despereaux's last name?
4. Where does he fall to?
5. What does the jailer show Despereaux?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)