|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Roscuro make at that moment?
(a) That he belongs in the dark.
(b) That he will never come back upstairs again.
(c) That he will never go back downstairs.
(d) That he will have revenge and something beautiful.
2. What does Gregory call the dungeon?
(a) The last place on earth.
(b) The treacherous dark heart of the world.
(c) The darkest place in the universe.
(d) The most dangerous place in the world.
3. Where does the Mouse Council want to send Despereaux?
(a) To the Princess.
(b) To another colony.
(c) To the dungeon.
(d) To the King.
4. How many brothers and sisters are in Despereaux's litter?
5. What did the King do after his Queen died?
(a) He stopped making music.
(b) He outlawed soup.
(c) He stopped singing.
(d) He sank into despair.
6. What does Despereaux begin by reciting?
(a) Once upon a time....
(b) There once was a mouse named Despereaux....
(c) While the cat is away.......
(d) If I were a rich mouse.................
7. What else did the King order?
(a) That rats be banished.
(b) That mice be allowed.
(c) That Roscuro be found and punished.
(d) That all the rats be killed.
8. What is the first thing Despereax notices about the dungeon?
(a) The thick walls.
(b) The water.
(c) The odd sounds.
(d) The bad smell.
9. What does Roscuro climb to?
(a) The serving table.
(b) A tree.
(c) The book shelf.
(d) The chandelier.
10. What does Roscuro tell Botticelli he wants to do?
(a) Let someone else torture the prisoner.
(b) Move to another dungeon.
(c) Go upstairs into the light.
(d) Leave the dungeon for ever.
11. Other than ridiculous, how is love described in this tale?
(a) Joyful and illuminating.
(b) Purposeful and determined.
(c) Heartfelt and devoted.
(d) Wonderful and powerful.
12. Who is the first to find Despereaux in the dungeon?
13. Why does Gregory save Despereaux?
(a) Because he can tell stories.
(b) Because of his big ears.
(c) Because he spoke of love.
(d) Because Gregory is lonely.
14. What does Despereaux's mother put on in honor of her youngest mouse being taken to the dungeon?
(a) A tremendous amount of makeup.
(b) A black veil.
(c) A new hat.
(d) A new dress.
15. What does the beating of the drum tell the Mouse Council members?
(a) That an important decision must be made.
(b) That a crime has been committed.
(c) That a meeting is being called.
(d) That a mouse has been discovered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rope necklace Botticelli wears the locket on made from?
2. What is Despereaux's destiny?
3. How does Botticelli know another prisoner will come along soon?
4. What part of Despereaux is complimented by the first human he meets?
5. What does Botticelli try to teach Roscuro?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)