|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Despereaux do in the library?
(a) He eats the bindings.
(b) He researches his heritage.
(c) He reads the books.
(d) He looks out the window.
2. What is the most basic and elemental rule that all mice adhere to?
(a) Never walk a straight line.
(b) Never reveal yourself to humans.
(c) Never chase cats.
(d) Never eat cheese in the morning.
3. What is the rope necklace Botticelli wears the locket on made from?
(a) The thread from threadbare clothing.
(b) The whiskers of mice.
(c) The hair from prisoners' heads.
(d) The thread of prisoners' blankets.
4. What do the threadmaster and Despereaux have in common?
(a) They have the same father.
(b) They both enjoy reading.
(c) They both think the Princess is beautiful.
(d) They both like music.
5. What does Furlough see that makes him think that Despereaux is a goner?
(a) He sees the Princess touch Despereaux's head.
(b) He sees the Princess wink at Despereaux.
(c) He sees the Princess smile at Despereaux.
(d) He sees the Princess pick up Despereaux.
6. What is Despereaux's father's name?
7. What is Despereaux's destiny?
(a) To live in the castle.
(b) To find his real true love.
(c) To leave the area.
(d) To meet the rats.
8. Why is Gregory in the dungeon?
(a) He was a guard caught sleeping on shift.
(b) He is the jailer.
(c) He spilled the soup in the king's lap.
(d) He was caught stealing.
9. Who is the first to notice him there?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The referee.
(c) The King.
(d) Princess Pea.
10. What broke Roscuro's heart?
(a) The way the King cried for his wife.
(b) The look the Princess gave him.
(c) That he would not be a guest at the party.
(d) That he would never be welcome in the light.
11. What does Gregory do?
(a) Chases him into the darkest part of the dungeon.
(b) Kicks him out.
(c) Locks him in a cage.
(d) Burns Roscuro's whiskers.
12. How many brothers and sisters are in Despereaux's litter?
13. What does Gregory call the dungeon?
(a) The darkest place in the universe.
(b) The most dangerous place in the world.
(c) The treacherous dark heart of the world.
(d) The last place on earth.
14. What did the Pea announce when her father finished playing and singing?
(a) That she was going to keep Despereaux.
(b) That she wanted to find a friend for Despereaux.
(c) That she wanted to rid the castle of cats.
(d) That she wanted to save Despereaux.
15. What makes the Princess cry?
(a) Her father condemns Despereaux to death.
(b) Her father fears Despereaux.
(c) Her father yells at Despereaux.
(d) Her father banishes Despereaux from the castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Despereaux reveal himself to?
2. What does Despereaux's mother do when Despereaux is led away?
3. What does Roscuro offer to do?
4. What does Antoinette call out as Despereaux is led away?
5. Why does Antoinette want no more babies?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)