|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most basic and elemental rule that all mice adhere to?
(a) Never reveal yourself to humans.
(b) Never chase cats.
(c) Never walk a straight line.
(d) Never eat cheese in the morning.
2. What nationality is Despereaux's mother?
3. What is Despereaux's father's name?
4. What is the name of the kingdom?
(a) The Kingdom of More.
(b) The Kingdom of Dor.
(c) The Kingdom of Four.
(d) The Kingdom of Score.
5. What could Despereaux smell on the threadmaster's breath?
(c) Peanut butter.
6. What does Despereaux's mother do when Despereaux is led away?
(a) She faints.
(b) She calls his name repeatedly.
(c) She wails.
(d) She refuses to look.
7. How does the Princess describe Despereaux's ears?
(a) Like remnants of silk.
(b) Like small pieces of velvet.
(c) Like rose petals.
(d) Like bits of cotton.
8. How long has Gregory been in the dungeon?
(a) For decades, for centuries, for eons, for eternities.
(b) Six months or so.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five or six years, he isn't exactly sure.
9. What does Roscuro stumble into when he leaves the dungeon?
(a) A party in the banquet hall.
(b) A soccer game.
(c) A birthday.
(d) Another rat.
10. What does the jailer show Despereaux?
(a) A pile of love letters.
(b) A pile of bones.
(c) A pile of spoons, kettle and soup bowls.
(d) A pile of old photographs.
11. When the Princess sees him and calls out, what does Roscuro realize?
(a) That no one will love him upstairs.
(b) That he does not want to be a rat.
(c) That he does no belong upstairs.
(d) That he is revered upstairs.
12. What does Roscuro climb to?
(a) The book shelf.
(b) A tree.
(c) The serving table.
(d) The chandelier.
13. What is the first thing Despereax notices about the dungeon?
(a) The bad smell.
(b) The odd sounds.
(c) The thick walls.
(d) The water.
14. What one thing must all mice do?
(a) Have a family.
(b) Avoid cats.
(d) Learn to read.
15. What does Despereaux begin by reciting?
(a) If I were a rich mouse.................
(b) Once upon a time....
(c) There once was a mouse named Despereaux....
(d) While the cat is away.......
Short Answer Questions
1. What else did the King order?
2. What does Botticelli do when the door opens to admit a prisoner?
3. Who is the first to notice him there?
4. What does Despereaux wonder about that chills him?
5. What does Botticelli try to teach Roscuro?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)