|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book the Fourth: Chapters 34-43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most basic and elemental rule that all mice adhere to?
(a) Never reveal yourself to humans.
(b) Never eat cheese in the morning.
(c) Never walk a straight line.
(d) Never chase cats.
2. What makes Despereaux weep?
(a) Love and friendship, loss and loneliness.
(b) Fear and disappointment, nausea and loss.
(c) The loss of his tail.
(d) Exhaustion, despair and hope, joy and pain, gratitude.
3. What does Despereaux have an unusual interest in?
(d) Card games.
4. Where does Despereaux run and hide?
(a) In the pantry.
(b) In the dungeon.
(c) Under the covers.
(d) In the waste bin.
5. What does Despereaux's mother do when Despereaux is led away?
(a) She wails.
(b) She refuses to look.
(c) She calls his name repeatedly.
(d) She faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last of the great, ancient rules of mice?
2. What does the soldier tell 'Uncle' is against the law?
3. What does Mig have in her left pocket?
4. Who is the first to find Despereaux in the dungeon?
5. Other than ridiculous, how is love described in this tale?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)