|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book the Third: Chapters 24-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last of the great, ancient rules of mice?
(a) Never reveal a mouse's house to a human.
(b) Never allow humans to touch a mouse.
(c) Never touch humans.
(d) Never speak to humans.
2. Why does Despereaux tell the jailer he cannot die?
(a) Because he wants to read.
(b) Because he is in love.
(c) Because he is too young.
(d) Becaue he wants to learn how to write.
3. How does the Princess describe Despereaux's ears?
(a) Like bits of cotton.
(b) Like small pieces of velvet.
(c) Like rose petals.
(d) Like remnants of silk.
4. What does Despereaux believe his duty is?
(a) To survive the rats.
(b) To be in love.
(c) To live.
(d) To serve the Princess.
5. What does Botticelli try to teach Roscuro?
(a) How to catch mice.
(b) How to torture a prisoner.
(c) How to find Gregory.
(d) How to hunt for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two reasons make the dungeon so dangerous?
2. What does Gregory call the dungeon?
3. What is the most basic and elemental rule that all mice adhere to?
4. What color is the Princess's horse?
5. What happens when he realizes this truth?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)