|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book the Second: Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one thing must all mice do?
(a) Learn to read.
(b) Avoid cats.
(c) Have a family.
2. How does Despereaux describe the sound he hears?
3. Where does he fall to?
(a) Into the Princess's lap.
(b) Into the King's dinner.
(c) Onto the goal post.
(d) Into the Queen's soup.
4. What else did the King order?
(a) That rats be banished.
(b) That mice be allowed.
(c) That Roscuro be found and punished.
(d) That all the rats be killed.
5. What is the first thing Despereax notices about the dungeon?
(a) The bad smell.
(b) The water.
(c) The thick walls.
(d) The odd sounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two reasons make the dungeon so dangerous?
2. What does Roscuro find on the floor?
3. What does Despereaux wonder about that chills him?
4. What other crime did he commit that he wasn't caught for?
5. How does Gregory see in the darkness?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)