|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book the Second: Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which rat was born in the dungeon several years before Despereaux was born?
2. How long has Gregory been in the dungeon?
(a) Six months or so.
(b) Five or six years, he isn't exactly sure.
(c) For decades, for centuries, for eons, for eternities.
(d) Two years.
3. What is Despereaux's destiny?
(a) To leave the area.
(b) To meet the rats.
(c) To find his real true love.
(d) To live in the castle.
4. What does Despereaux wonder about that chills him?
(a) Is there really a 'happily ever after'?
(b) How many rats are there?
(c) Do rats eat mice?
(d) How big are the rats?
5. Other than ridiculous, how is love described in this tale?
(a) Heartfelt and devoted.
(b) Purposeful and determined.
(c) Wonderful and powerful.
(d) Joyful and illuminating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roscuro find on the floor?
2. What does Roscuro offer to do?
3. What does Despereaux believe his duty is?
4. What is the new prisoner being jailed for?
5. What does Despereaux do in the library?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)