|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book the Second: Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Furlough see that makes him think that Despereaux is a goner?
(a) He sees the Princess pick up Despereaux.
(b) He sees the Princess touch Despereaux's head.
(c) He sees the Princess wink at Despereaux.
(d) He sees the Princess smile at Despereaux.
2. What is the most basic and elemental rule that all mice adhere to?
(a) Never reveal yourself to humans.
(b) Never eat cheese in the morning.
(c) Never walk a straight line.
(d) Never chase cats.
3. What does Roscuro stumble into when he leaves the dungeon?
(a) Another rat.
(b) A birthday.
(c) A soccer game.
(d) A party in the banquet hall.
4. What does Despereaux wonder about that chills him?
(a) How many rats are there?
(b) Is there really a 'happily ever after'?
(c) Do rats eat mice?
(d) How big are the rats?
5. What do stories do for Gregory?
(a) Help him see.
(b) Teach him to read.
(c) Distract him.
(d) Make light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does a piece of red string get tied around Despereaux's neck?
2. Who does Lester call?
3. Why does Gregory save Despereaux?
4. Where does the Mouse Council want to send Despereaux?
5. What decision does Roscuro make at that moment?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)