|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book the Second: Chapters 16-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Despereaux's mother do when Despereaux is led away?
(a) She faints.
(b) She calls his name repeatedly.
(c) She wails.
(d) She refuses to look.
2. When the Princess sees him and calls out, what does Roscuro realize?
(a) That no one will love him upstairs.
(b) That he does not want to be a rat.
(c) That he does no belong upstairs.
(d) That he is revered upstairs.
3. What does Despereaux say to the Princess before the King makes him leave?
(a) You are beautiful.
(b) I'm happy to have met you.
(c) I honor you.
(d) I worship you.
4. What does Despereaux discover the sound to be?
(a) King Phillip playing his guitar and singing.
(b) The Princess singing.
(c) The Princess playing a flute.
(d) King Phillip playing a piano.
5. What does Despereaux do in the library?
(a) He researches his heritage.
(b) He eats the bindings.
(c) He looks out the window.
(d) He reads the books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Despereaux believe his duty is?
2. How does Gregory see in the darkness?
3. What does the threadmaster tell Despereaux to do?
4. How does Despereaux describe the sound he hears?
5. What is the rope necklace Botticelli wears the locket on made from?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)