|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book the First: Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Despereaux begin by reciting?
(a) There once was a mouse named Despereaux....
(b) While the cat is away.......
(c) Once upon a time....
(d) If I were a rich mouse.................
2. Why does Gregory save Despereaux?
(a) Because of his big ears.
(b) Because Gregory is lonely.
(c) Because he can tell stories.
(d) Because he spoke of love.
3. Other than ridiculous, how is love described in this tale?
(a) Wonderful and powerful.
(b) Purposeful and determined.
(c) Heartfelt and devoted.
(d) Joyful and illuminating.
4. What does Despereaux's mother put on in honor of her youngest mouse being taken to the dungeon?
(a) A tremendous amount of makeup.
(b) A new hat.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A black veil.
5. What does Despereaux discover the sound to be?
(a) King Phillip playing his guitar and singing.
(b) The Princess singing.
(c) The Princess playing a flute.
(d) King Phillip playing a piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incredible thing happens when the Princess smiles at Despereaux?
2. What does the beating of the drum tell the Mouse Council members?
3. What does the threadmaster tell Despereaux to do?
4. What does Despereaux believe his duty is?
5. What is the first thing Despereax notices about the dungeon?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)