|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book the First: Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to find Despereaux in the dungeon?
2. What is the last of the great, ancient rules of mice?
(a) Never allow humans to touch a mouse.
(b) Never speak to humans.
(c) Never reveal a mouse's house to a human.
(d) Never touch humans.
3. Why does Despereaux tell the jailer he cannot die?
(a) Becaue he wants to learn how to write.
(b) Because he is in love.
(c) Because he is too young.
(d) Because he wants to read.
4. What is Despereaux's destiny?
(a) To live in the castle.
(b) To meet the rats.
(c) To leave the area.
(d) To find his real true love.
5. What does the beating of the drum tell the Mouse Council members?
(a) That a meeting is being called.
(b) That a mouse has been discovered.
(c) That a crime has been committed.
(d) That an important decision must be made.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Despereaux's mother?
2. What part of Despereaux is complimented by the first human he meets?
3. How does the Princess describe Despereaux's ears?
4. What does Despereaux begin by reciting?
5. What is Despereaux's father's name?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)