|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book the First: Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Despereaux wonder about that chills him?
(a) Is there really a 'happily ever after'?
(b) How many rats are there?
(c) How big are the rats?
(d) Do rats eat mice?
2. Why does Gregory save Despereaux?
(a) Because he can tell stories.
(b) Because he spoke of love.
(c) Because Gregory is lonely.
(d) Because of his big ears.
3. What incredible thing happens when the Princess smiles at Despereaux?
(a) He hears music.
(b) He discovers his destiny.
(c) He forgets he is a mouse.
(d) He falls in love.
4. What does Despereaux do in the library?
(a) He researches his heritage.
(b) He eats the bindings.
(c) He looks out the window.
(d) He reads the books.
5. Why is Gregory in the dungeon?
(a) He was a guard caught sleeping on shift.
(b) He spilled the soup in the king's lap.
(c) He was caught stealing.
(d) He is the jailer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to find Despereaux in the dungeon?
2. What nationality is Despereaux's mother?
3. What does the threadmaster tell Despereaux to do?
4. How many mice are in the Mouse Council.
5. How does the Princess describe Despereaux's ears?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)