|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book the First: Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guards tell Antoinette will happen to her son?
(a) He will become an albino.
(b) The rats will eat him.
(c) He will starve to death.
(d) He will be a slave.
2. What two reasons make the dungeon so dangerous?
(a) The cold and the dark.
(b) The rats and the maze.
(c) The rats and other prisoners.
(d) The maze and the cold.
3. Why does a piece of red string get tied around Despereaux's neck?
(a) To remember his family by.
(b) So he can use it to find his way in the dark.
(c) To mark him as a condemned mouse.
(d) To be used as a portable sewing kit.
4. What makes the Princess cry?
(a) Her father banishes Despereaux from the castle.
(b) Her father fears Despereaux.
(c) Her father condemns Despereaux to death.
(d) Her father yells at Despereaux.
5. What do the threadmaster and Despereaux have in common?
(a) They both like music.
(b) They both think the Princess is beautiful.
(c) They have the same father.
(d) They both enjoy reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antoinette call out as Despereaux is led away?
2. What does Despereaux do in the library?
3. What does Despereaux wonder about that chills him?
4. How does Gregory see in the darkness?
5. What is Despereaux's last name?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)