|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book the First: Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the Princess cry?
(a) Her father banishes Despereaux from the castle.
(b) Her father yells at Despereaux.
(c) Her father condemns Despereaux to death.
(d) Her father fears Despereaux.
2. What incredible thing happens when the Princess smiles at Despereaux?
(a) He hears music.
(b) He forgets he is a mouse.
(c) He discovers his destiny.
(d) He falls in love.
3. Why does the jailer have a rope around his ankle?
(a) To remind him that he is a prisoner.
(b) To guide him back to the beginning.
(c) To keep him from falling into a deep hole.
(d) To tie up prisoners with.
4. Where does Gregory put Despereaux?
(a) Up against his ear.
(b) On his bed.
(c) On top of a bowl.
(d) On a shelf.
5. What does Despereaux discover the sound to be?
(a) King Phillip playing a piano.
(b) King Phillip playing his guitar and singing.
(c) The Princess playing a flute.
(d) The Princess singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antoinette call out as Despereaux is led away?
2. What does Despereaux want before the guards lead him to the dungeon?
3. What is the last of the great, ancient rules of mice?
4. What is the first thing Despereax notices about the dungeon?
5. What does Despereaux do in the library?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)