|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book the First: Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Despereaux's mother put on in honor of her youngest mouse being taken to the dungeon?
(a) A tremendous amount of makeup.
(b) A new hat.
(c) A black veil.
(d) A new dress.
2. Why does Gregory save Despereaux?
(a) Because he spoke of love.
(b) Because of his big ears.
(c) Because Gregory is lonely.
(d) Because he can tell stories.
3. How many mice are in the Mouse Council.
4. What incredible thing happens when the Princess smiles at Despereaux?
(a) He hears music.
(b) He falls in love.
(c) He discovers his destiny.
(d) He forgets he is a mouse.
5. What two reasons make the dungeon so dangerous?
(a) The cold and the dark.
(b) The rats and other prisoners.
(c) The maze and the cold.
(d) The rats and the maze.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antoinette call out as Despereaux is led away?
2. Why does the jailer have a rope around his ankle?
3. What does Despereaux begin by reciting?
4. How long has Gregory been in the dungeon?
5. What does the beating of the drum tell the Mouse Council members?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)