|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book the Third: Chapters 24-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antoinette call out as Despereaux is led away?
(a) Adieu (Farewell).
(b) Be brave.
(c) Take me.
(d) Have mercy.
2. On what day does Roscuro leave the dungeon to go into the light of the castle?
(a) On Despereaux's first birthday.
(b) On the day Despereaux is born.
(c) On the King's anniversary.
(d) On the Princess's birthday.
3. What is the new prisoner being jailed for?
(a) Stealing two horses (one Arabian and one Palimino).
(b) Stealing six cows (two Jerseys and four Guernseys).
(c) Stealing blankets.
(d) Stealing four chickens.
4. What is the first thing Despereax notices about the dungeon?
(a) The water.
(b) The bad smell.
(c) The odd sounds.
(d) The thick walls.
5. What does Despereaux want before the guards lead him to the dungeon?
(a) A change of clothes.
(b) A last meal.
(c) A piece of cheese.
(d) A last word with the Princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roscuro tell Botticelli he wants to do?
2. Why does Gregory save Despereaux?
3. What does the soldier tell 'Uncle' is against the law?
4. What does Despereaux decide he must do?
5. What does Despereaux say to the Princess before the King makes him leave?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)